inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Head is open, pick away.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/07/05 at 9:48 pm

I welcome all questions.  Inquisitive, positive, personal, negative.  You'll find sometimes I give long well thought out answers, many paragraphs in length. Other times I'll write only a sentence, or maybe only a word.  Feel free to ask anything, most questions I will answer. I'm a very open person. 

Everyone one of us is a mystery, I realize some people who I get along with well,  want to know more about me, some don't. I realize that some people are just curious regarless of who's answering the questions. I also realize not everyone on this message board is a fan of mine.

Wherever you fall, or don't fall, I welcome to ask away.

Subject: Re: My Head is open, pick away.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/07/05 at 11:03 pm

Hmmm.....*thinks*

What denomination are you?

Curious
~Beth

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 12:22 am

Hmmm.....*thinks*

What denomination are you?

Curious
~Beth

Presbyterian.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/08/05 at 6:53 am

You feel yourself hated by people on this board. Do you feel the same way with people in your life?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 9:42 am

You feel yourself hated by people on this board. Do you feel the same way with people in your life?

Actually I only feel hated by one person on this board.  I had my name as thehated, to prove a point. I should change it back to Harmonica or something else, but then again having the name "thehated" might be to my benefical factor.

I'm sure someone, somewhere out there does hate me. I don't know if I'd call it hate, but I have an extraordinarily huge dislike for someone out there in this world. I don't want anything bad to happen to them, yet I wouldn' t be too upset if it did.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/08/05 at 11:14 am

Actually I only feel hated by one person on this board.  I had my name as thehated, to prove a point. I should change it back to Harmonica or something else, but then again having the name "thehated" might be to my benefical factor.

I'm sure someone, somewhere out there does hate me. I don't know if I'd call it hate, but I have an extraordinarily huge dislike for someone out there in this world. I don't want anything bad to happen to them, yet I wouldn' t be too upset if it did.

I think you should change it back..its only one person who cares.  And they probably dont really hate you.  "The Hated" is so negative.  Makes me feel bad for you.

SO what do you like to do in your spare time?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/08/05 at 11:17 am

I think you should change it back..its only one person who cares.  And they probably dont really hate you.  "The Hated" is so negative.  Makes me feel bad for you.

I think you should change your name too.

~beth

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 12:18 pm

Ok I could go into deep deep explanation in this, but I'll try to keep it simple.

I write - books, stories, parodies, scripts, screenplays.
I spend a lot of time chatting and on message boards
I run - try to get in 12 miles a week
I lift weights - 3x a week
I go into the wrestling room and wrestle...I am not on the team, I just really enjoy wrestling so I go to practices when I have time.
I constantly try out for plays. 1/6 so far in my freshman year.
I like to sit around and have deep philosophical talks
I like to star at a girl named Meagan and dream of the day I'll grow enough balls to speak to her.

I do a lot of other things too, but that's it so far.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/05 at 3:21 pm

What is your favorite sport?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/08/05 at 3:44 pm

I see you changed your name back..good choice  :)

As for Meagan, I think you should maybe start by smiling and saying Hi.  From a girls point of view..there have been times when I never even noticed a guy but then all of a sudden he was noticing me and says Hi or something and then that makes him the cutest guy in the world and all of a sudden I would have to have him as my boyfriend.
What is she like?  Is she nice, snobby what?  Does she go to your college?

Written By: danootaandme on 04/08/05 at 4:21 pm

What's your major? Who's your favorite playwrite?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 10:39 pm

What is your favorite sport?

Amateur Wrestling.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 10:41 pm

I see you changed your name back..good choice  :)

As for Meagan, I think you should maybe start by smiling and saying Hi.  From a girls point of view..there have been times when I never even noticed a guy but then all of a sudden he was noticing me and says Hi or something and then that makes him the cutest guy in the world and all of a sudden I would have to have him as my boyfriend.
What is she like?  Is she nice, snobby what?  Does she go to your college?

I don't know her that well...but what I do know

Extremely pretty, very attractive
Very smart, from what I've seen in college writing
Very Nice, good personality
She goes to my college

I smile at her all the time, she usually smiles back.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/08/05 at 10:42 pm

What's your major? Who's your favorite playwrite?

Major = Theatre
Minor = Writing and Rhetoric

Favorite Playwrite = John Carpenter

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/08/05 at 10:55 pm

Major = Theatre
Minor = Writing and Rhetoric

Favorite Playwrite = John Carpenter

Is that the same person who made "Halloween"? ???

And your major is threatre? Cool! I love acting. I am in theatre at my high school and although I don't really see myself majoring in theatre or drama in college, I definitely have an interest in acting in plays further. Or do you have to be a theatre major to do so?

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/09/05 at 12:13 am

Have you ever met someone who puts milk AND icecubes in their cereal?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 12:36 am

Is that the same person who made "Halloween"? ???

And your major is threatre? Cool! I love acting. I am in theatre at my high school and although I don't really see myself majoring in theatre or drama in college, I definitely have an interest in acting in plays further. Or do you have to be a theatre major to do so?

John Carpenter wrote "Halloween" yes.

You do not have to be a theatre major to be in plays. Infact most actors aren't.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 12:37 am

Have you ever met someone who puts milk AND icecubes in their cereal?

No

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/09/05 at 1:20 am

Ok I got my silly question out of the way, now here is my serious one:

Can you tell me more about the Presbyterian faith?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 1:35 am

Ok I got my silly question out of the way, now here is my serious one:

Can you tell me more about the Presbyterian faith?

I really don't know what to say about it.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/09/05 at 6:58 am

I really don't know what to say about it.

This is what I got from a friend who came from a long line of Prebyterians, although she was
raised as Catholic(mixed marriage).
Prostestant, based on the teachings of John Calvin, active involvement in faith by attending
service, elders elected by congregation, against any kind of adornment and idolatry,
viewed by many as austere.

John Carpenter.  I always see him more as a director/producer than a playwrite.  What are
your favorite plays by him?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 2:06 pm

This is what I got from a friend who came from a long line of Prebyterians, although she was
raised as Catholic(mixed marriage).
Prostestant, based on the teachings of John Calvin, active involvement in faith by attending
service, elders elected by congregation, against any kind of adornment and idolatry,
viewed by many as austere.

John Carpenter.  I always see him more as a director/producer than a playwrite.  What are
your favorite plays by him?

Oh you meant play play, sorry I was thinking Screenplay.

Alright my favorite playwrite, oh boy that's not gonna be easy to decide.

I think a lot of Arthur Miller, and T.M. Camp has given me some good pointers.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/09/05 at 2:15 pm

Arthur Miller, huh? My kind of guy, lol!

The only live, professional theatre production I've been fortunate enough to attend was a production of "The Crucible"  in Houston, Texas(this was about a month and a half ago). It was a school field trip, and the play was EXCELLENT. We had read it as a class(each person read a part, we acted it, although we didn't act out the physical aspects, just the lines). I was John Proctor.

And my favorite all-time play is "Death of a Salesman".

So needless to say, I am a Miller fan.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/05 at 2:47 pm

your favorite comedy show on television?

Written By: danootaandme on 04/09/05 at 4:01 pm

Oh you meant play play, sorry I was thinking Screenplay.

Alright my favorite playwrite, oh boy that's not gonna be easy to decide.

I think a lot of Arthur Miller, and T.M. Camp has given me some good pointers.

I love Arthur Miller but I am almost fanatic in my appreciation of Eugene O'Neill to the point of visiting his grave a couple of times a year(quite near here) to say thanks.  If you haven't seen/read any of his give him
a try.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 4:52 pm

your favorite comedy show on television?

Who's line is it anyway.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 4:54 pm

Arthur Miller, huh? My kind of guy, lol!

The only live, professional theatre production I've been fortunate enough to attend was a production of "The Crucible"  in Houston, Texas(this was about a month and a half ago). It was a school field trip, and the play was EXCELLENT. We had read it as a class(each person read a part, we acted it, although we didn't act out the physical aspects, just the lines). I was John Proctor.

And my favorite all-time play is "Death of a Salesman".

So needless to say, I am a Miller fan.

"Death of a Salesman" is one of the all time greatest plays.  I can get really deep and philosophical about the play. It has the life lesson that NO ONE ever wants to talk about. Why, becasue it's sad.  It shines on the reality that not everyone can come out a winner, regardless of how hard they work or how bad they want it.  Life isn't fair, life can be a bitch, and it's not always because you screw up or because you don't have enough confidence.

Great Great Great play, Miller's creativity of pathos is second to no one.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/09/05 at 4:55 pm

I love Arthur Miller but I am almost fanatic in my appreciation of Eugene O'Neill to the point of visiting his grave a couple of times a year(quite near here) to say thanks.  If you haven't seen/read any of his give him
a try.

What did O'Neill write?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/10/05 at 12:42 am

well for one I really do wanna know what he wrote, and 2ndly I wanna put this up in the open just incase theres some more stuff someone wants to know.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 12:50 am

"Death of a Salesman" is one of the all time greatest plays. I can get really deep and philosophical about the play. It has the life lesson that NO ONE ever wants to talk about. Why, becasue it's sad. It shines on the reality that not everyone can come out a winner, regardless of how hard they work or how bad they want it. Life isn't fair, life can be a b*tc*, and it's not always because you screw up or because you don't have enough confidence.

Great Great Great play, Miller's creativity of pathos is second to no one.

Exactly. And it is a very true lesson. I have had experiences myself where I gave it my all, I had confidence, I wanted whatever it was really bad, but it didn't work out. You can't dwell on those things though, you wear yourself out doing that. Just move on to the next thing..

Written By: Harmonica on 04/10/05 at 12:56 am

Exactly. And it is a very true lesson. I have had experiences myself where I gave it my all, I had confidence, I wanted whatever it was really bad, but it didn't work out. You can't dwell on those things though, you wear yourself out doing that. Just move on to the next thing..

That's the thing though about The main character in Death of a salesman. Willy Loman(who's name I say is a right on catch...Low-Man) doesn't have anything left to shoot for. Which is why he ends his life.

Not everyone's life turns out happy, or right or justified.  The Death of a Salesman proves that.

Some, including myself make the arguement that Willy did screw up and throw it all down the drain when he had the affair.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/10/05 at 8:16 am

What did O'Neill write?

I gotta recommend him.  He is considered one of the (if not the)great American playwrites. The play considered his masterpiece is "Long Days Journey Into Night"  then there is "Desire Under the Elms"
"The Emporer Jones"  "A Moon for the Misbegotter" "Strange Interlude" .  I'm am sure you will appreciate
him.  He won the Nobel prize for Literature in 1936, I find it sad that we know more about more about
our sports stars than we do about our Nobel prize winners.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/12/05 at 12:00 pm

I gotta recommend him.  He is considered one of the (if not the)great American playwrites. The play considered his masterpiece is "Long Days Journey Into Night"  then there is "Desire Under the Elms"
"The Emporer Jones"  "A Moon for the Misbegotter" "Strange Interlude" .  I'm am sure you will appreciate
him.  He won the Nobel prize for Literature in 1936, I find it sad that we know more about more about
our sports stars than we do about our Nobel prize winners.

Well you know why that is don't you?

Because most of them aren't Americans.

Check for new replies or respond here...