inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need some advice, Please Help

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/09/05 at 6:03 am

I have recently gained an interest in getting my original birth records from the hospital I was born in However, It's not a Birth Certificate that I'm looking for. I would like to see that piece of paper that they put the baby's footprints on, the time etc. I would also like to find out if they have a hospital picture of me.
The only facts that I know of my birth was that my poor mom started labor 8am on Jan 12th. The doctors decided to put my mom under general anesthesia and cut me out approx. 16hrs later on the 13th. She didn't get to hold me until 4 days later because she got sick :(
I want this info because of sentimental reasons. Nearly ALL of my baby stuff including my first pictures and Birth certificate got destroyed in a fire. Only one picture survived but it is badly damaged.
I've googled this topic to death and it keeps on sending me to Vital records(which will only give me a certificate)

If you've got a minute spare wanna help me out heres my info:

Birthplace: Coney Island Hospital -Brooklyn, New York
Year: 1979

any tips will be appreciated, thanks :)

Subject: Re: I need some advice, Please Help

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/05 at 9:51 am

Have you contacted the hospital directly? I think your best bet would be to go to the hospital in person (sometimes a phone call just doesn't cut it) and tell them that you are looking for any and all info they have on your birth. However, keep in mind that they may not have kept all the info-or it may be stored somewhere else. Vital statitisics only have birth/death/marriage certificates. That is the info that MOST people are looking for-that is why they keep sending you there.

Good luck with the search and let us know how it goes.

Cat

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 12:37 am

Yeah I think it'll be best for me to just go there. I don't have any patience those horrible automated phone answering systems anyways.
I think I'll make my trip on Monday or Wednesday and I'll let you know how everything goes.

Thanks for the advice :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 12:38 am

NullandVoid we have almost the same birthday. Mine is the 14th of January. Cool.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 1:06 am

Capricorns of the world unite!! Whoooo! ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 04/10/05 at 1:09 am

you might also ask your mom if she put a birth notice in the newspaper.. those notices didnt usually have photos when I was born, but you are a bit younger than me, so the chances are better that there might have been one... if it was in the paper, you probably could find the newspaper in the library on microfilm..

Written By: Harmonica on 04/10/05 at 1:14 am

I have recently gained an interest in getting my original birth records from the hospital I was born in However, It's not a Birth Certificate that I'm looking for. I would like to see that piece of paper that they put the baby's footprints on, the time etc. I would also like to find out if they have a hospital picture of me.
The only facts that I know of my birth was that my poor mom started labor 8am on Jan 12th. The doctors decided to put my mom under general anesthesia and cut me out approx. 16hrs later on the 13th. She didn't get to hold me until 4 days later because she got sick :(
I want this info because of sentimental reasons. Nearly ALL of my baby stuff including my first pictures and Birth certificate got destroyed in a fire. Only one picture survived but it is badly damaged.
I've googled this topic to death and it keeps on sending me to Vital records(which will only give me a certificate)

If you've got a minute spare wanna help me out heres my info:

Birthplace: Coney Island Hospital -Brooklyn, New York
Year: 1979

any tips will be appreciated, thanks :)

I eat this kinda stuff up.  Good luck to you and let us know what turns out. Maybe I'll write about it someday. Script or book.

Check for new replies or respond here...