inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Getting out there, socializing..

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 10:05 pm

Its a really hard thing to do.

I have been trying to start a social life outside of school for the last week and a half, and I am having a hard time.

LAST weekend I tried to get my best friend from school, Keith, to go do something with me but I couldn't ever set it up.

I tried all day Fridayk, ALLLL DAAAAAY to set something up with someone. I kept mentioning I didn't have anything to do, and that I was trying to start a social life outside of school, I kept trying to ask the circle of people I tend to hang around in school what they were up to but I never could get a straight answer out of anyone.

So finally I talked to Keith again, and he said to call him on his cell phone when I got home. Well, I did, and he didn't answer. So he called me back an hour later, and told me he had ballet practice until 8 o clock(which he hadn't planned on) so it would be too late for us to do anything that night. He said he would call me back the next evening(which was last night). He never did.

:(

Whats the freaking deal?

Subject: Re: Getting out there, socializing..

Written By: ADH13 on 04/10/05 at 10:10 pm

Have you thought about getting a part-time job?  I didn't socialize much with my friends from middle school/high school because we kept moving so much that I didn't know anyone that well... but when I got a job, I started hanging out with the people there after work...it wasn't quite as necessary to "set something up"...  when we got off work, we'd just say "you wanna go to ______"?  "Ok, let's go!"

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 10:13 pm

Nah. I don't drive, which is one of the reasons I don't get out much. And I honestly really don't want to work right now.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/10/05 at 10:28 pm

hmm, don't feel bad Alex...it's hard getting people together to do stuff....believe me I know.....Andrea's idea was really good though...you will get a chance to meet new ppl.

~Beth

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/10/05 at 10:30 pm

Yeah I know how it is. I think getting a job is a good idea though, I have to get one myself, soon.

Written By: ADH13 on 04/10/05 at 10:31 pm

I used to work at a movie theater.. and it's not really "work".. all you do is press buttons and tickets print out.. you sit in a booth and read a book or whatever when it's not busy... and you get to see any movies you want for free, and you get free stuff from the snack bar.. AND you get to meet people too... AND get paid.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 10:33 pm

Eh, I'm really not interested in a job. Beside if I cannot get a ride to justy go out and about, than I am not reliable enough to make it to a job on a regular basis.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 10:46 pm

I was hoping if I started hanging around with people outside of school, I'd have a ride because most of them drive.

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/10/05 at 11:46 pm

egh, people are overrated.....

...imaginary people...now thats where its at  ::)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 11:47 pm

egh, people are overrated.....

...imaginary people...now thats where its at ::)

Yeah, Leon thinks so too. isn't that right buddy?

He said "yes!".

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/11/05 at 12:04 am

Yeah, Leon thinks so too. isn't that right buddy?

He said "yes!".

*cackles*  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/11/05 at 12:29 am

have you ever thought of joining a cult?

seems to me that they are somewhat loyal!

LOL

Erin :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/11/05 at 12:31 am

LOL

I formed a cult last week *no sacrificing of small woodland creatures involved*

...we are open for new members.....You have to pass initiation first though *muahahaahaha*

~Beth

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/11/05 at 12:45 am

LOL

LOL!!!!!

They're very picky about their membership....one could say people are dying to get in.....

man that was horrible

Written By: danootaandme on 04/11/05 at 6:19 am

I was hoping if I started hanging around with people outside of school, I'd have a ride because most of them drive.

Any of those clubs at school interest you? Like the newspaper, or acting.  People in those tend
to hang out inside and out.  Maybe you try to spread yourself to thin, too many people in your
crowd.  Usually if you are tight with 3 or 4 people you can usually scoop one for something to
do, but people who hang with a big crowd aren't really close to anyone.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/11/05 at 6:31 am

Any of those clubs at school interest you? Like the newspaper, or acting. People in those tend
to hang out inside and out. Maybe you try to spread yourself to thin, too many people in your
crowd. Usually if you are tight with 3 or 4 people you can usually scoop one for something to
do, but people who hang with a big crowd aren't really close to anyone.

We don't have clubs, unfortunately.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/11/05 at 9:17 am

ya...i agree...most people are kinda slow when it comes to taking a hint about anything...it's better to be straight forward and just come out and ask them if they want to hang out..etc.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/11/05 at 7:09 pm

Yeah, i have the same problem allll the time.

The best is, 'Alright lads, you wanna play football later?' 'Maybe.. who else is playing?' 'Well your the first ones i've asked..' 'Oh well if nobody else is then there isn't much point' 'Oh..'

Hehehe..

Or my personal favourite..

'Alright son, what you doin on Saturday?'
'Working/school work/family something'
'Alright fair enough'

*Andy arranges plans with somebody else*

'Alright Andy, you comin out today'
'Errrrrr.. yes, but not with you'  ;D

Nah, i always call people up, and so many of them are lazy, I tend to hang around with the same 3-4 people all the time.. I know lots of people.. i just happen to know lots of lazy people.

The kind that are far happier getting stoned in there bedroom than going to a Bar or a Club. Boring sods.

Written By: Apricot on 04/11/05 at 8:44 pm

I HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE.. in a backwards, twisted, halfassed sorta way... like if I lived in a sack, and was beaten with a bag of kittens every hour.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...