inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Dumb Survey

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/13/05 at 5:54 pm

If you are bored or just wanna get another post closer to your next ranking, by all means
Take my Dumb Survey!

1. How many countries have you been to?

2. How many people live on your house?

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision?

4. Can you see the stars at night?

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle?

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later?

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop?

8. While were on the subject of candy injury, have you ever:
        -Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop?
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick?
       -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?
       -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast?
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser?

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom?

Thank you for answering my dumb survey.  :D
(or at least reading it, shrugging and then clicking the back button on your browser ;D)

Subject: Re: My Dumb Survey

Written By: jiminy on 04/13/05 at 6:12 pm

1. England
2. Canada
3. Japan
4. Spain
5. France
6. Italy
7. Sisily
8. Austria
9. Romania

2. How many people live on your house? 3

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? 20/20

4. Can you see the stars at night? stars, purple moons and green clovers   :D

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? use the sheets in the dryer

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? nope

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? nope

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? yes
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? yes
       -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? nope
       -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast?nope
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? no but it has happened from someone flushing a toilet

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? nope

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? hubcap

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/13/05 at 6:23 pm

Nobody lives on my house.. except for that Gremlin on the roof... 3 people do however live 'in' the house  ;)

20/20 Poifect

Yes, my vision is that damn good.. LOL.. yeah living in the suburbs there is some light pollution, but it isn't too bad.

Before, the machine dosen't let you open it during.

Always

Errrrmm... no.. But i once managed to get it stuck on Peanut Brittle

-Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?
Well.. we don't have all of those thing, but i can answer yes, just substitue the english variants.

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?
Yup, and when other people use water whilst your in there

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser?
Never.. I once saw one that had a.. well.. let's be blunt, a turd on top of it.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom?
Our gas stations tend not to have toilets.. and the few that do have them inside unlocked..

Written By: Kenlos on 04/13/05 at 6:40 pm

1. How many countries have you been to?  1 (my family never really traveled)

2. How many people live in your house? In my dorm there are two of us and at home 3 plus the dog

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? Glasses

4. Can you see the stars at night? Depends on if it is cloudy or not.

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle?  before.

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later?  Not just with time but just about everything.

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? No

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? Yes
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? No
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? No
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? No
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?  Umm no.

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yes, the Wal-Mart I worked at for a few months the seat cover dispensers were actually almost always full.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? Most gas station I have been to the bathrooms inside and are unlocked so there is no need for a key

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/13/05 at 6:48 pm

1. How many countries have you been to? 15...Canada, U.S., England, France, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Israel, India, Thailand, Singapore, Bali (Indonesia), Australia, Japan, Fiji and Hong Kong (which I think is actually a principality)]

2. How many people live on your house? 5 (including my father-in-law)

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? I usually wear glasses, but I do occasionally wear contact lenses.

4. Can you see the stars at night? Sometimes.

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? Don't use it.

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? Nope.

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? Years ago when I was a kid.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? No.
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? Yes.
       -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? No.
       -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? No.
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? Yes.  ::)

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yes.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? I don't use gas station restrooms if I can help it.

Written By: ADH13 on 04/13/05 at 7:08 pm

It is not a dumb survey...

1. How many countries have you been to? 2 - U.S. & Mexico

2. How many people live on your house? 3 full-time, plus 2 teens on weekends

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? Contacts

4. Can you see the stars at night? Sometimes

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? Before

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? Yes

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? I've never had a sugar daddy pop

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? I can't recall
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? Probably, but more often from a powdered donut
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? Probably
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? Don't think so
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? Never because *I* forgot.. but many times because others claim they forgot..

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yes, California is very good about that

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? A socket wrench

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/13/05 at 7:10 pm

I might as well answer too

1. How many countries have you been to? 5 (France, Italy, Mexico, Germany and Poland)

2. How many people live on your house? none

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? My contacts are bugging me right now

4. Can you see the stars at night? I can see one or two through the pollution

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? before

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? always

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? yes

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? yes
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick?yes
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?yes
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? yes
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? at least 2x a week

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? strangely no

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? a preserved, shellacked bunch of chicken bones. It was kinda nasty.

Written By: jiminy on 04/13/05 at 7:11 pm

It is not a dumb survey...

1. How many countries have you been to? 2 - U.S. & Mexico

did you drink the water?   ::)

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/13/05 at 8:49 pm

1. How many countries have you been to?  1, the U.S.

2. How many people live on your house?  5

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision?  Contacts

4. Can you see the stars at night?  Usually

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle?  I don't do laundry

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later?  Yes

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop?  I've never had a Sugar Daddy Pop

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop?  Yes
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick?  Yes
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?  I've done it with other candy
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast?  Yes
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?  No

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser?  Yes

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom?  I've never used one requiring a keychain

Written By: Harmonica on 04/13/05 at 9:45 pm

1. How many countries have you been to?  1  I was in Canada for about 15 minutes.

2. How many people live on your house?  I live in a dorm with about 75-85 other guys

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision?  Good ole fashion eyes

4. Can you see the stars at night?  I think so

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle?  I'm not sure what fabric softner is.

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later?  Time? Heck I still write 03 on my papers!

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? As a Matter of fact, yes.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop?  yes
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick?  yes
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? yeah
Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast?  No

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?  Yes...on more than one occasion.

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? No

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? -  A tire. A huge freaking tire.

Written By: jackas on 04/13/05 at 10:01 pm

1. How many countries have you been to? Not counting the US, 2

2. How many people live on your house? 4

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? Contacts and glasses.

4. Can you see the stars at night? Yes

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? I have a Downey Ball, so I guess that means before.

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? Yes

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? No, but I've done it with a Jolly Rancher.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? Yes
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? Yes
       -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? Yes
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? Yeshttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/screama.gif

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yes, usually in California.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? Piece of broomstick.

Written By: jiminy on 04/13/05 at 10:05 pm

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? Piece of broomstick.

so it's called a "Piece of broomstick"   :D ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/13/05 at 10:12 pm

so it's called a "Piece of broomstick"   :D ;D

LOL, it wasn't the whole thing. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 04/13/05 at 10:26 pm

1. How many countries have you been to? 2

2. How many people live on your house? 2

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? glasses

4. Can you see the stars at night? yup

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? I don't use fabric softener in the washer.  I use dryer sheets

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? all the time

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? yeah

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? no
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? most definately
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? yup
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? yup
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? nope, I only have a shower no tub

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? every once in a while at work

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? hubcap

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/13/05 at 10:50 pm

France
Spain
United States

glasses

When it's not cloudy!

Yes

Yes....I'm OLD!

Yes

Yes

No

No

A Cinder block

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/14/05 at 12:39 am

United states

3 including myself.

Glasses.

Yes.

Don't ever wash clothes..

No..

dont know what one is, lol.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? No
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?No
MOVING ON

Yes

No..

Don't know..

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/14/05 at 12:56 am

If you are bored or just wanna get another post closer to your next ranking, by all means
Take my Dumb Survey!

MOVING ON

(or at least reading it, shrugging and then clicking the back button on your browser ;D)

1. 2, United States and Canada

2. 3

3. I have good vision, no glasses or contacts.

4. Yes

5. Rarely wash clothes, probably before if I did.

6. Yes

7. Maybe, I don't know.

8. no, yes, yes, yes

9. Yes

10. Yes

11. umm, I don't know.

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/14/05 at 1:58 am

two: i live in Canada,shopping trips to the US several times

two

perfect vision? mahaha..um,no..i have a few pairs of glasses but i only wear contacts in public

depends on how clear the sky is..but i do enjoy looking at them  :)

um,my washer has a compartment for it so who knows when it's actually processed ???

likely

lolol i'm thinking that would be what i would we called BB Bats in Canada..and i'm happy to report..no  8)

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? pretty sure
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? absolutely
lucky!they only came in 2-flavours per envelope in CDA (the candy stick was my favourite part of the deal)
       -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? no clue what that is  :-oh yeah..never a good time  ::)

yep..i'm posh  ;D

luckily,i'm not very familiar with gas station bathroom keychains   :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/14/05 at 8:46 am

Take my Dumb Survey!

1. How many countries have you been to?....only one I've been to other than mine is Canada

2. How many people live on your house? 3 (me, my husband, and little boy)

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? I wear glasses

4. Can you see the stars at night? Yes

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? if I use any..it's usually before

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? yes..i hate that!

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? yes...that is annoying

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? no..but I have cut the roof of my mouth on a sharp potato chip
       - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? no
       -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? no
       -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? I can't eat those...anything cinnamon makes my gums in my mouth swell up
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? yes....that is so annoying..especially early in the morning!

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? yes....those are a dream come true!

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? a piece of wood

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/14/05 at 12:41 pm

U.S. Canada, Mexico, Italy (only in the airport), Greece, Germany, Israel, Egypt, and the Azores (only in the airport).

2. How many people live on your house? 2 + 2 cats.

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? Glasses

4. Can you see the stars at night? Yup

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle? Dryer sheets

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later? Yup

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop? Yup-a long, long time ago.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? Yup
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick? Yup
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? Never had it.
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? Never had it.
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? Oh yeah.

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yeah.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? A hubcap

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/14/05 at 2:47 pm

Other than the U.S., none.

Three...me, my mom, and my dad. We also have a little dog.

Perfect vision. :)

Certainly! (That is, when it's clear.)

Before. With our old washer, we used to add it during.

Sometimes.

No.

8. While we're on the subject of candy injury, have you ever:
       - Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop? No
       - Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting? No
       - Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast? No..in fact, I've never eaten one
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down? No

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser? Yes

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom? Nothing...I've never even used one. ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/16/05 at 9:48 pm

1. How many countries have you been to? One

2. How many people live on your house? 3...me, my mom, and my dad

3. Do you have Contacts, glasses or perfect vision? - I wear glasses, I used to have blue contacts...but I lost them

4. Can you see the stars at night? - hold on lemme check *dashes outside* ...why yes I can

5. Do you add fabric softener before or during the rinse cycle?- psshhh, no

6. Have you ever looked to see what time it was only to forget a second later?- oh my, yes

7. Have you ever had your jaws stuck together by eating a Sugar Daddy Pop?- *cackles* yes.

-Nicked the roof of your mouth on a sharp edge of a blow pop?- YES!
      - Got a coughing fit from inhaling powder from a Pixie Stick?- I snorted a pixie stick once...my best advice is....don't
      -Got a case of the sore,chafed tounge from consuming all 3 flavors of Fun Dip in one sitting?- but of course
      -Got tears in your eyes from eating an Atomic fireball too fast?- no..I am afraid of those.
MOVING ON

9. Have you ever been hit with an unwelcome blast of water(usually cold) because the person before you forgot to press the "Lift for Shower" button back down?...YES!. Stupid jerks

10. Have you ever been to a bathroom that actually had Toilet seat covers in the dispenser?- why yes.

11. What the weirdest thing you ever seen used as a keychain for a gas station bathroom- hmm...never really noticed...I guess a big stick with a ket attached to the end, but nothing unusual about that I suppose.

~BETH!

Written By: Apricot on 04/16/05 at 10:16 pm

I snorted a Pixie Stick myself... that was a fun day.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/16/05 at 10:18 pm

I snorted a Pixie Stick myself... that was a fun day.

It hurts.

bad

I heard that if you snort pills they work alot faster...tylenol and such...I tried it....didn't really work.

~Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/17/05 at 11:57 am

I once snorted Magnesium in science on a bet... my advice is.. do i got a Tenner for it.

Written By: MooRocca on 04/17/05 at 5:26 pm

One, so far.

Finally!  Someone else who can see them, too!  (Just kidding!) Six people live IN my house.

I am far-sighted, so I have reading glasses and I'm overdue for a new prescription.

When it's not too cloudy, which it seems to be more often than not, yes. 

I put it in the dispenser before I start the wash cycle.

I'm more likely to have to call "time and temperature" right back because my using the phone sends out some kind of psychic message to everyone in a 50 ft. radius of me, that suddenly makes them need to hollar for me to do something for them that they could do for themselves.  I hear a lot of moms have been hexed by this same curse.

No.  I don't eat a lot of candy.

No.
No, I mastered the pixie stick pretty quick.
I've never heard of Fun Dip.
I've never eaten one.

Yes.  The showers in the house I'm in, now, have an automatic release when the water is turned off -- nice feature.  :)

Not that I can recall.  I've seen several on the floor, though.  (Ew)

Concrete block

It wasn't dumb and you're welcome.  :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/17/05 at 6:22 pm

Just this one so far  :-2. How many people live on your house?
I don't know if "people" live on my house... plenty of insects, birds, stray cats... though.
Um... six people live IN the house though.

Glasses... but can see without them

When it's not too cloudy.

Put in the clothes, put in the detergent, select start. - No fabric softener required.

Yes  ;D

No.

I've never heard of a blow pop.

I've never heard of a Pixie Stick.

I've never heard of Fun Dip.

I've never heard of an Atomic fireball.

The showers in my house operate the same as a tap.

No.

Huh?

Thank you for answering my dumb survey.

No Problem

Check for new replies or respond here...