inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Putting Faces to Names

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/05 at 3:15 pm

After looking through the picture thread, many people do not look like I imagine them to look like. Of course the people who use their own pictures as their avitars I KNOW that is how they look so there is no mystery there.  Is there anyone on the board who looks exactly like you thought they would?

Cat

Subject: Re: Putting Faces to Names

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 3:18 pm

Bobby sort of does, because I pictured him being blonde. But thats probably due to his avatar.

Ktelqueen looks a bit like I'd picture her, but again, thats probably due to her avatar as well..

Carlos looks like I imagined him too..because that guy in his sig kind of looks like him..

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/16/05 at 3:19 pm

Is there anyone on the board who looks exactly like you thought they would?

I dunno...its kinda hard to picture someone you don't know or have never seen before. I was kind of surprised when I seen Chucky G's picture though, but again, I don't know what I was expecting, so this is kind of a hard thread....
BTW, what were you expecting when you saw me?! (Just curious)   ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 04/16/05 at 3:19 pm

After looking through the picture thread, many people do not look like I imagine them to look like. Of course the people who use their own pictures as their avitars I KNOW that is how they look so there is no mystery there.  Is there anyone on the board who looks exactly like you thought they would?

Cat

No... and actually it's funny you mention that... because I was just thinking it would be funny to take the members who have not yet posted their pictures, and make avatars (like Ktelqueens & Jacks style avatar) of what we think they look like before they post their pictures... then we can see who was the closest.

we can try that with Nally since he hasn't posted yet.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 3:22 pm

I picture him blonde with glasses, maybe a bit chubby. Same as you do Andrea(or was that you who said that..?).

Written By: Bobby on 04/16/05 at 3:25 pm

I don't really think about what people look like before they put their pictures up.  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 04/16/05 at 4:37 pm

I picture him blonde with glasses, maybe a bit chubby. Same as you do Andrea(or was that you who said that..?).

i didnt say chubby, but i did say blonde with glasses, maybe a bit surfer-looking

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 5:09 pm

Somebody said that though...maybe Chrissy?

Written By: jaytee on 04/16/05 at 8:14 pm

I have seen photos of Fuss and my husband knows Fuss ... but everytime I see "The Office" (UK version) I always think of Tim being like FussBudget. :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/16/05 at 8:38 pm

Alex {aka Dude} was a bit of a shock for me. Catwoman too.

But then, I imagine everyone as their avatars. Although people say my current Beck one looks kinda like me, if I do the inverted 'W' thing with my hair.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/16/05 at 10:33 pm

We have a joke on one the other message boars I go to, that people probably look like their avatars!

Of course, this was a BTTF board, and I had one of Lorraine, so the funny thing is that many people thought I was a girl at first, LOL!

Interestingly, most people here have looked a bit like I thought - I've only seen a few pics though. I took a couple of me a few days ago, but they didn't turn out so good (Note to self: Don't try photo-ing yourself in a not-so well-lit room, LOL!!), so I'll put it up when I get a better one.

I wonder if I look anything like people expect.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/17/05 at 12:14 am

Can't be as bad as my photo  ;D

Umm... everyone seems to look like I would imagine.

Although I thought Apricot and Alex were older than they are

Written By: Harmonica on 04/17/05 at 12:19 am

Don Carlos looked exactly like I thought he'd look.  The hair, the facial hair, even the clothes.

Written By: nally on 04/17/05 at 3:22 am

I don't really think about what people look like before they put their pictures up. :)

I sometimes do, but not often :-\\

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 3:24 am

Don Carlos looked exactly like I thought he'd look. The hair, the facial hair, even the clothes.

Same here. I think it was because of that guy in the pic in his sig, he actually looks like him.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 3:25 am

Alex {aka Dude} was a bit of a shock for me. Catwoman too.

But then, I imagine everyone as their avatars. Although people say my current Beck one looks kinda like me, if I do the inverted 'W' thing with my hair.

Did you expect long hair? :P

Check for new replies or respond here...