inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When do you sing?

Written By: ADH13 on 04/18/05 at 8:43 pm

I think the question is pretty self-explanatory.  I usually sing along with the radio or cd's in the car.  I have never been one to sing in the shower.

Subject: Re: When do you sing?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/18/05 at 8:44 pm

When I am alone and hear a good song, when I am intoxicated, and Other.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 04/18/05 at 8:45 pm

I am a horrible singer, so I only sing when I'm alone and hear a good song.  I do sing in church too, but not quite so loudly.

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/05 at 8:46 pm

Uh.. Alone with Good song... Alone when I feel like it... Sometimes, I do duets with Djork {although that was a while ago.. we were KILLER on "The Mollusk"}... Sometimes around others..

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/18/05 at 8:49 pm

I sing when I'm alone adn when I'm in the shower since I have a really bad singing voice.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/18/05 at 8:49 pm

Whenever I'm alone and hear a good song

and

At karaoke bars

:D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/18/05 at 8:50 pm

Other: When nobody listens!  Seriously, in the shower, when in the cars and when wasted....I think :D

Written By: whitewolf on 04/18/05 at 8:51 pm

anytime I hear a good song

Written By: Apricot on 04/18/05 at 8:53 pm

I sing when I'm alone adn when I'm in the shower since I have a really bad singing voice.

I can barely hear your voice when you TALK. For all I know, you're singing Ween, Rap, and Death Metal all the time.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/18/05 at 8:53 pm

I especially sing along with Julio Iglesias songs! :D

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 9:00 pm

All the time usually, lol (whether anyone wants to hear it or not).  ;D

A trait I got from my dear Grandad.  :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/18/05 at 9:03 pm

i sing all the time. i have a horrible voice and i want to share with the world. i love singing.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/18/05 at 9:05 pm

I have absolutely no natural rhythm, or ability to carry a tune. I have the most monotonous 'singing voice' you could imagine, I have been told its flat to the point it doesn't even sound like I am singing, it sounds like I am just talking strangely.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/18/05 at 9:07 pm

My name is Fat Mike, I'm obsessed with big lesbians! I've been a punk rocker for most of my life. I sing kind of flat, I'm not really so fat! But that's how I hit 'em a hook or a slice!

;D Wtf?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/18/05 at 9:07 pm

In the shower, in the car, whenever I'm alone and a good song comes on and at church.  (I forgot to mark other, though.)

Written By: ADH13 on 04/18/05 at 9:09 pm

All the time usually, lol (whether anyone wants to hear it or not).  ;D

A trait I got from my dear Grandad.  :)

I've heard you sing, Bobby.. and I'll be happy to listen to you sing anytime! 8)

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 9:43 pm

I've heard you sing, Bobby.. and I'll be happy to listen to you sing anytime! 8)

Ha ha! Thank you for the compliment, Odyssey.  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/18/05 at 9:46 pm

I couldn't sing if my life depended on it.

So... only what I'm alone or intoxicated (Then it's the beer singing)

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/18/05 at 10:03 pm

Whenever I can annoy my gf/everyone in the world  ::)

I have a horrible singing voice

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:08 pm

Usually when I'm alone and when I've had a few drinks (then I think I've got a fantastic voice ::))

I love to sing really loudly and embarrass my kids  ;D 

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 10:10 pm

Usually when I'm alone and when I've had a few drinks (then I think I've got a fantastic voice ::))

I love to sing really loudly and embarrass my kids  ;D 

An intriguing way of punishing your kids, Jaytee, lol.

"Don't do that or I'll sing at you!"  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/18/05 at 10:17 pm

i started clicking a few options and backtracked to go with 'all the time'..i've been singing since i could talk..not that i'm good..as Mare would say,a person must have a tin ear if they tell me i am  ::) ;D

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 10:18 pm

i strarted clicking a few options and backtracked to go with 'all the time'..i've been singing since i could talk..not that i'm good..as Mare would say,a person must have a tin ear if they tell me i am  ::) ;D

You are a good singer, Maria. Clunk! Bloody ear.  ;D

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:21 pm

An intriguing way of punishing your kids, Jaytee, lol.

"Don't do that or I'll sing at you!"  ;D

Yeh - I just say to them I sing 'til ya ears bleed!!   ;D ;D :o

They find it really embarrassing when they've got friends over  :D   The funny thing is they think that I think I'm a great singer!!   ;)

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 10:23 pm

Yeh - I just say to them I sing 'til ya ears bleed!!   ;D ;D :o

They find it really embarrassing when they've got friends over  :D   The funny thing is they think that I think I'm a great singer!!   ;)

Ha ha! That's class, Jaytee. Messing your kids up through vocal technique - forget time out!  ;D

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:24 pm

i strarted clicking a few options and backtracked to go with 'all the time'..i've been singing since i could talk..not that i'm good..as Mare would say,a person must have a tin ear if they tell me i am  ::) ;D

;D ;D  Bet you're not so bad! 

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:28 pm

Ha ha! That's class, Jaytee. Messing your kids up through vocal technique - forget time out! ;D

I suppose it could be classified as cruelty to a minor!!  :D  Please don't report me!!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 04/18/05 at 10:29 pm

I suppose it could be classified as cruelty to a minor!!  :D  Please don't report me!!  ;D

Miner!?! You're not sending your kids down the pit as well as all that? What kind of a woman are you? LMAO!!!  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/18/05 at 10:31 pm

You are a good singer, Maria. Clunk! Bloody ear.  ;D

MAHAHAHA!!! ;D

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:34 pm

Miner!?! You're not sending your kids down the pit as well as all that? What kind of a woman are you? LMAO!!!  ;D

LOL

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/18/05 at 10:36 pm

;D ;D  Bet you're not so bad! 

how much do ya wanna wager? :D ;D

regardless i really enjoy it so i guess that's the main thing..btw..i asked Mare on the wknd..how do you know i'm not a good singer?from the time we did karaoke?she said no when you try to tell me about a song and sing part of it..
p'shaw..like that's a fair example  ::) ;D

Written By: jaytee on 04/18/05 at 10:41 pm

how much do ya wanna wager? :D ;D

regardless i really enjoy it so i guess that's the main thing..btw..i asked Mare on the wknd..how do you know i'm not a good singer?from the time we did karaoke?she said no when you try to tell me about a song and sing part of it..
p'shaw..like that's a fair example  ::) ;D

;D ;D  That's just cruel !!  ;D ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/18/05 at 10:47 pm

;D ;D  That's just cruel !!   ;D ;D

i know,Darl :\'( ;D..ok..at this point you must be thinking i'm like beyond bad..pretty sure it's not like that..just not 'good'..and you gotta admit people usually sound better when they're singing along,right?good then..we'll go with that  ;D

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 04/18/05 at 10:52 pm

I sing all the time! I'm singing right now actually!

Blondie

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/05 at 11:20 pm

i sing all the time...I love singing!

Erin :)

Written By: NbC on 04/19/05 at 1:58 am

In the car

Written By: Bobby on 04/19/05 at 3:52 am

i know,Darl :\'( ;D..ok..at this point you must be thinking i'm like beyond bad..pretty sure it's not like that..just not 'good'..and you gotta admit people usually sound better when they're singing along,right?good then..we'll go with that  ;D

I've heard your singing voice, Maria. Trust me, it's not as bad as all that.  ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 04/19/05 at 6:15 am

I sing all the time. In the car, in the office. Especially in the store when I'm shopping, to embarrass my daughter!  ;D  ;) 

Written By: karen on 04/19/05 at 6:55 am

I sing along to the radio/CD in the car and at random other times when a song is stuck in my head, like at work or whatever.

Written By: Paul on 04/19/05 at 6:57 am

Normally when alone (and sober)...

Not that I can't hold a tune, but should it stray above middle C then I've got problems...!

Under the influence of alcohol, I have attempted several karaoke numbers...I don't think I inflicted too much damage...

Written By: Gis on 04/19/05 at 8:59 am

In the shower and in the car.I also like to sing when I'm ironing which isn't often !
My sister and I have a bad habit of drinking too much and then going through our complete repertoire of U2 songs,wherever we happen to be at the time! In taxi's, on buses at the train station etc.
I also have a very bad habit of singing along to my walkman which is not pleasant because I can't hear myself so it tends to be very flat.I terrified some poor man at work not long ago with my rendition of Bat out of Hell in this fashion ! ;D   

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/19/05 at 11:34 am

No one should ever have to hear my singing voice!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/05 at 3:25 pm

I sing when I'm by myself ALOT....there are even times when a shampoo bottle/hairbrush is being used as a microphone.

*seriously considers pressing the backspace button*

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 04/19/05 at 3:30 pm

I sing when I'm by myself ALOT....there are even times when a shampoo bottle/hairbrush is being used as a microphone.

*seriously considers pressing the backspace button*

Too late, haha!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/19/05 at 4:13 pm

I only considered doing it.....I didn't follow through. I mean, SO what if I sing into a bottle of shampoo!....I mean, Doesn't EVERYONE!??!?

~Beth :D

Written By: Stompgal on 04/22/05 at 6:20 am

Sometimes in the shower and the car, although I don't drive. I also sing whenever I hear a good song, as long as I know the words.

Written By: AngeliK on 04/22/05 at 6:22 am

I sing a lot....it used to be a joke that whenever I was happy I would sing and I guess thats prettyy true now. i sing for no reason, it embarrasses people! but  like it

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/22/05 at 10:22 am

All the freakin time.

Right now i am.. 'shouting' along to Slayers - Angel of Death.. and with any luck somebody will walk around the corner and hear it.

*Anti-Social Behaviour 101

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/22/05 at 7:27 pm

I only considered doing it.....I didn't follow through. I mean, SO what if I sing into a bottle of shampoo!....I mean, Doesn't EVERYONE!??!?

~Beth :D

I doubt bald people do

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/22/05 at 7:38 pm

I love to sing all of the time whether there are people there or not. Fortunately I can sing quite well.

My friend told me that at one of her parties I got up and started singing in spanish. I was past drunk. the funny thing is I don't speak sapnish so I must've sounded really dumb. :P

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/22/05 at 8:28 pm

I doubt bald people do

hmm...true true....

~Beth

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/22/05 at 10:58 pm

Any time I get a chance, mostly around the computer though!

Tanya

Written By: Red Ant on 04/23/05 at 4:31 am

Other. Usually whenever I want to though it really irritates my wife when I start singing heavy metal/alternative at 5:24 am. ;D

Written By: jackas on 04/23/05 at 11:48 pm

I mostly sing in the car, but I will sing when at home or when drinking.

Written By: Kenlos on 04/23/05 at 11:51 pm

Only time you might catch me singing is if I am listening to music alone and a good song comes on.  I do not sing around others as I can't sing to save my life.

Written By: Kyle on 05/01/05 at 2:23 pm

I am a horrible singer, so I only sing when I'm alone and hear a good song.  I do sing in church too, but not quite so loudly.

You're just virtually nothing compared to my church. Some of the people  just belt out their voices so loud that the windows rattled. Maybe not that powerful, but it's loud enough.  ;D

Written By: Miss Tainted on 05/01/05 at 4:25 pm

I sing when I'm alone, which isn't very much.  :(

Written By: Bobby on 05/01/05 at 4:43 pm

Ah! That's quite cute.  :)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 05/01/05 at 5:02 pm

Ah! That's quite cute.  :)

lol XD

Written By: Apricot on 05/01/05 at 5:17 pm

I sing while alone often myself... I'm getting better, though.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/04/05 at 5:06 pm

Another one I'm late responding to, lol.

I'm not that good of a singer (I can't carry a tune), but usually I just do it karaoke-ing at people's houses. The only one I've done in public is "Heart of Rock & Roll" from Huey Lewis - his voice isn't too far off from mine, and he sort of "speak-sings" as opposed to holding long notes, so I can do that okay.

PS: It was cool because, here in the San Jose area, there's a suburb called Santa Clara. So when it got to the roll call of cities and the line "Seattle San Francisco too" came up, I slipped in "Santa Clara too" - I don't know if anybody noticed, but it fit perfectly, LOL. ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/04/05 at 7:23 pm

All the time.  I'm just a big show-off I guess.

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/05/05 at 6:23 am

All the time, and loudly. My neighbours hate me!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/05/05 at 11:47 am

Lately I've been singing a lot in the car (when I'm by myself).  :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/05/05 at 4:29 pm

Lately I've been singing a lot in the car (when I'm by myself). :D

Have you ever seen the VH1 show called MotorMouth (I couldn't help thinking of it when you said that, LOL)?

It's actually pretty funny/entertaining sometimes - esp. when anyone picks an 80's song, of course! :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/07/05 at 7:26 am

I try to refrain from singing as much as possible, as people around our area like their windows intact

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/05 at 8:21 am

I break out in song at any moment for any reason much to the dismay of all around me.  I have a terrible, rotten singing voice

Check for new replies or respond here...