inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have you ever seen the USA sci-fi series called, "The 4400"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:52 pm

Hey guys...

last summer, the USA network ran a mini-series of a great sci-fi show called, "The 4400"....it was about a group of 4400 people from all different decades...and they all vanished...but to show up again at the same time..present day...it was very interesting....and the last episode they ran ended quite abruptly....I was hoping for a new season/sequel...etc.....and I just read that the new season is starting in June.

Here's the link if you wanna check it out....

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/flash.htm

For those of you who have watched this...what did you think about it?

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Have you ever seen the USA sci-fi series called, "The 4400"

Written By: ADH13 on 04/23/05 at 10:55 pm

YES!  I watched that show religiously and I was really disappointed when it ended like that! 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 10:57 pm

i know...me too...

but...alas...they said that there are going to be like 13 new episodes in season 2 and it will start airing on June 6th, I believe

that will be awesome!

Written By: ADH13 on 04/23/05 at 10:58 pm

Is it supposed to continue where it left off?  I didn't think it was going to come back since in the last episode the supposedly explained everything... ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 11:00 pm

i am not sure if it continues where it left off....but I was just at the website and they said that they did film a 2nd season and it is starting in June.

also..

the first season is now available on DVD

Written By: ADH13 on 04/23/05 at 11:15 pm

They sure waited a long time to make a 2nd season... I don't really remember all the characters very well anymore.. I mostly remember the little girl and the pregnant lady

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/05 at 11:16 pm

ya...

the second season is debuting almost exactly 1 year from when the first season debuted.

Written By: NbC on 04/23/05 at 11:24 pm

That is cool!  Can't wait until the new season starts.  I enjoyed the first.

Written By: Apricot on 04/23/05 at 11:58 pm

I liked the bits a I saw... not enough to keep up with it, though. But then, I never follow TV Shows. That's why I like Law And Order.. no plot spanning multiple episodes, no development in characters... if you miss one, you don't miss anything important, and a rerun isn't something mid-plot. Just episodes.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/24/05 at 3:19 am

I've watched bits of it. As with Apricot, I'm not one who cares much for series type shows. I like a show in which I can miss every now and then and still be able to make sense of what is going on (ie: seperate episodes). But other than that it looks good, considering I'm not a big sci-fi fan.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/24/05 at 4:28 am

Only caught teeny-weeny snippets of it here and there. My mam watches it, and she says its good, but it's not really my sort of scene

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/24/05 at 11:03 am

it comes on the space channel here in canada. i watched one episode and thought it was brilliant.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/05 at 8:09 pm

i know...i am totally stoked for the 2nd season to arrive!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/25/05 at 7:13 am

It good such a big build-up here that by the time it was shown I thought it was a big disappointment  :(

That wasn't the show's fault though - it was the stupid TV station's  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/04/05 at 11:48 pm

WOOT!!!!
Just to let everyone know....tomorrow night at 9pm on USA starts the new season of "The 4400".....I am totally STOKED and can't wait to see what more they do with this show!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/05 at 11:03 pm

Did anyone else happen to catch the season 2 premiere of "The 4400" tonight?  What are your thoughts on it?  I kinda got bored by the time it went into the second episode...so far..season 1 has been much more compelling.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/06/05 at 5:30 pm

Did anyone else happen to catch the season 2 premiere of "The 4400" tonight?  What are your thoughts on it?  I kinda got bored by the time it went into the second episode...so far..season 1 has been much more compelling.

Yeah, I watched it.  I liked it, but in the week or two preceding the season premiere, we were bombarded with commercials for it.. so I kind of felt like I was tired of 4400 before it even came on!

Written By: YWN on 06/06/05 at 6:31 pm

I was watching USA and they kept talking about it between commercials.  The girl with wide eyes staring off into space was kind of creepy.

I don't know why you were chosen...  Do you want me to tell you?...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/05 at 6:49 pm

it's a really good show...last season rocked..but I wasn't exactly impressed with the season 2 opener....hopefully the rest of the season proves to be as exciting as the first.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/13/05 at 5:32 pm

well...I watched another episode of this show last night...and I will say that it was alot better than the first episode of season 2....next week's episode looks really good too...I can't wait to watch it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/05 at 10:29 pm

am I the only person on the boards who is following this show and watching it regularly? You guys don't know what you are missing...this show is great! It keeps getting better and more intriguing with every new episode too!

Written By: Apricot on 07/10/05 at 10:30 pm

I don't have the commitment to keep up with a TV series... plus, "The 4400" lost my attention at episode 3.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/10/05 at 10:36 pm

I don't have the commitment to keep up with a TV series... plus, "The 4400" lost my attention at episode 3.

wow....it really held my attention since the first episode. I am and always have been intrigued by sci-fi kinda stuff, stories of the unknown, or paranormal.  Have you ever seen the mini-series on the Sci-fi channel called, "Taken"...I heard it was good, but I never got to see it.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/10/05 at 10:37 pm

am I the only person on the boards who is following this show and watching it regularly?

Yes.  ;D

And besides, when it comes to the USA Network, I'm more of a "Monk" and "Dead Zone" kinda guy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/28/05 at 9:25 pm

WOW! Did anyone else catch the season 2 finale of "The 4400" tonight?  It was awesome, especially the last 20 seconds of the show....WOW!  Now I can't wait until season 3 starts....it looks like SO much is going to be changing!

Written By: PaperGirl on 08/29/05 at 11:14 pm

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo addicted to that show!  I missed the first half of last night, and I stayed up till after midnight to catch the rebroadcast...

I was like HUH?  OMG!!! WTF???!!!!!  At the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/29/05 at 11:39 pm

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo addicted to that show!  I missed the first half of last night, and I stayed up till after midnight to catch the rebroadcast...

I was like HUH?  OMG!!! WTF???!!!!!  At the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I know! All of that mind boggling stuff happened within the last 10 seconds! I cannot wait until season 3...but I heard that is not going to be until next summer!! :o

Check for new replies or respond here...