inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do You... Yahoo?

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/25/05 at 2:33 pm

Hey, it rhymes.

I am curious as to who uses IM services.

I've used them for ages, they are a convenient way to keep in touch with people, especially me, because i tend to leave mine on all day and just check messages when i am around.

I find it interesting that although they are small programs (i.e take up very little space), are usually very simple to use, and in the case of MSN come pre-installed with Windows software, a lot of people never use them.

Anywho, thought I'd ask.

Subject: Re: Do You... Yahoo?

Written By: Kenlos on 04/25/05 at 2:34 pm

Yeah I do, I use both AIM and Yahoo and I am normally always signed on during the day and sign off at night.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/05 at 2:37 pm

Yep!

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/25/05 at 2:37 pm

Yeah I do, I use both AIM and Yahoo and I am normally always signed on during the day and sign off at night.

Right. Yeah, i use the three major ones. I use MSN Messenger as a stand alone because the interface is excellent, and then i have Trillian (a program that allows you to use several IM services) for AIM & YIM, because the interface on them is just so/so.

I pretty much do what you do, stick the computer on when i wake up, check my e-mail etc.. bang the programs on, then people will send me messages during the day and i'll get back to them whenever i pop myself in front of the computer.

Yep!

Which services do you use Mark?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/25/05 at 2:38 pm

Which services do you use Mark?
Just Yahoo :)

Written By: gemini61 on 04/25/05 at 3:21 pm

I use Yahoo mostly. I used AIM more, but when my dad got hooked up with Yahoo, I wanted to be able to IM him, so I have Yahoo now.  He's 75 and just started getting a little bit computer literate last year.  :) 

Written By: Apricot on 04/25/05 at 3:22 pm

I use AIM {Eidolus Black} and MSN {Comick_Seraph@hotmail.com}.

Thought about Yahoo!, but not enough people use it.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/25/05 at 3:24 pm

I use Yahoo mostly. I used AIM more, but when my dad got hooked up with Yahoo, I wanted to be able to IM him, so I have Yahoo now.  He's 75 and just started getting a little bit computer literate last year.  :) 

Hehe, yup know all about that one. My dads parents got hooked up about a year ago, and i often recieve e-mails that obviously weren't intended for me. Nothing rude you understand, just things that really puzzle the crap out of me  ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 04/25/05 at 3:32 pm

Hehe, yup know all about that one. My dads parents got hooked up about a year ago, and i often recieve e-mails that obviously weren't intended for me. Nothing rude you understand, just things that really puzzle the crap out of me  ;D

Yea, my dad used to send me e-mails and write in the subject line. He thought that's all he could write. It was pretty cute, really. I saved them  and look at them sometimes and just smile  :) He still doesn't understand that if I'm not signed in, I'm not there. He IM's sometimes and says, Rhonda, are you there? are you there, it's dad. So when I sign in I see his messages there!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/25/05 at 4:33 pm

I have yahoo, but I'm never on it.

~Beth

Check for new replies or respond here...