inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what song do you like? why?

Written By: Babeatheart on 04/27/05 at 6:26 pm

i like the last song by aar ( all american rejects) because the lyrics rock and tyson is hott. :D

Subject: Re: what song do you like? why?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/27/05 at 6:29 pm

I like "Sexy Ladies" by Goldie Looking Chain, because it makes me laugh. ;D

Written By: Babeatheart on 04/27/05 at 6:30 pm

I like "Sexy Ladies" by Goldie Looking Chain, because it makes me laugh. ;D

lol. that is so funny :)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 04/27/05 at 6:38 pm

I like too many songs to name but a favorite of mine is "This Time Imperfect" by AFI, it made me cry the first couple times I listened to it  :-\\ I like it because the lyrics are very beautiful and emotional, Davey's voice is really nice in it too.

Written By: Kenlos on 04/27/05 at 6:51 pm

Right now my favorite song is probably "No Saint" by Charon, because it is an awesome song by an awesome band.

Written By: Apricot on 04/27/05 at 6:55 pm

I like a lot of songs. Favorite right now? Tie between "Cyanide Breath Mint" by Beck, "Everything Beautiful Is Far Away" by Grandaddy, or "God Thinks" by Voltaire.

Favorite of all time? "I'll See You In Hell" by Voltaire, hands down.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 6:57 pm

Currently i'd have to say either Disciple by Slayer, Birth of Venus Illegitima by Therion or Wonderboy by Tenacious D.

All time favourite is hard... i would usually say One by Metallica.. there are others that i would consider equal to that, but TBO that always comes out on top.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/27/05 at 7:30 pm

Tenacious D are great. I think it's the fact that, not only can they rock out, but their lyrics are funny too. A nice change in a time where the majority of (new rock) songs you listen to are very depressing.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 7:39 pm

Tenacious D are great. I think it's the fact that, not only can they rock out, but their lyrics are funny too. A nice change in a time where the majority of (new rock) songs you listen to are very depressing.

Exactly.

Me and PB (see.see) are a Tenacious D Tribute  ;D I look similarish to JB, but more important i sound and act like him.. and PB is a fat, Bald Guitar Playing fiend... like KG.

Written By: Apricot on 04/27/05 at 8:53 pm

I don't enjoy Tenacious D, don't know why. I just don't like the style, or find them very funny. No clue why.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/27/05 at 8:55 pm

I am listening to Foxy Lady by Hendrix which is something I can relate to at the moment.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/27/05 at 11:22 pm

I dunno..

lately I have been listening to alot of 70's music....I totally dig that era

however, I have come across some songs by the group "Jet"......

and I am totally digging them

Erin :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/28/05 at 2:57 pm

Just dug up some of my old songs... found one by Ugly Casanova I never really listened to. "Hotcha Girls". It's so soothing, so sad. Getting to be one of my favorites..

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 05/01/05 at 1:43 am

I've got a lot of favourite songs, but I'll just mention two or three of them right now...

-Stand and Deliver- Adam and the Ants

This song introduced me to the Ants, and a whole new type of music. Not quite sure how I got along before I heard this song. Feels like I'm listening to it for the first time everytime I hear it. So much energy and it always sounds fresh, as do pretty much all of the songs off of Dirk Wears White Sox, Kings of the Wild Frontier, and Prince Charming. "Stand and Deliver" will always be my favourite though, no matter how much I love all of his music, it was my first Ants song, and you know what they say about your first. ;) ;D

-Spaceball Ricochet- T. Rex

I can't really explain why its a song I love so much. You'd just have to hear it to understand what I mean. Its a song that just does something to you. Can't explain what, but it just does it. Marc Bolan's voice is one that I would be able to recognise absolutely anywhere, and I always hear this song in my head. I am always singing it to myself and I don't even really realise it.

-20th Century Boy- T. Rex

This song always cheers me up and always makes me want to sing as loudly as I can. Its just a great song to get motivated to. Its the guitar riff I think. I can't think of another song like it that makes me get all tingly when I hear the opening chords. :D :D

Blondie

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/01/05 at 10:43 am

Cut & pasted from another thread, my top 10 for every decade from the 60's to now. It could change any second, but so far, I still like all those pretty much just as much. ;)

1960-69:

1. Back in the USSR - Beatles
2. Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
3. Spooky - Classics IV
4. Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
5. I Second that Emotion - Smokey Robinson
6. Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer
7. Louie Louie - Kingsmen
8. Stand by Me - Ben E. King
9. Good Lovin' - Rascals
10. Stay - Maurice Williams

1970-79:

1. Horse with no Name - America
2. Breakdown - Tom Petty
3. What's Your Name - Lynyrd Skynard
4. Go Your own Way - Fleetwood Mac
5. Life in the Fast Lane - Eagles
6. Rock & Roll All Night - KISS
7. Still the One - Orleans
8. Heart of Glass - Blondie
9. Oh No - Commodores/Lionel Richie
10. Riders on the Storm - Doors

1980-89 (Picking 10 songs from the 80's is especially hard, but I'll try!):

1. Take me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
2. Just Between you & me - Lou Gramm
3. Some Guys have All the Luck - Rod Stewart
4. Small-town Girl - John Cafferty
5. Take on Me - A-Ha
6. Forever Young - Laura Branigan
7. We Built this City - Starship
8. Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crue
9. Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
10. Don't Talk to Strangers - Rick Springfield

1990-99:

1. The World I know - Collective Soul
2. The Sign - Ace of Base
3. Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
4. Follow you Down - Gin Blossoms
5. Everyday - Phil Collins
6. Nice Guys Finish Last - Green Day
7. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
8. What's my Age Again - Blink 182
9. How do you Talk to an Angel - Heights
10. Miles Away - Winger

2000-2005:

1. Somebody Told me - Killers
2. Follow Me - Uncle Kracker
3. 1985 - Bowling for Soup
4. Ain't Comin' Home - Silvertide
5. All you Wanted - Michelle Branch
6. Want You Bad - Offspring
7. Better Now - Collective Soul
8. Breathless - The Corrs
9. The Remedy - Jason Mraz
10. MonoStereo - Tsar

PS: I forgot "Power of Love" from Huey Lewis. Not only is that (a) a big hit in my favorite year, 1985, (b) Marty McFly's theme song, but I think I like it just 'cause it's very "happy" sounding rock - all his songs were more or less like that.

Also, I've lived around the Bay Area my whole life, and in fact when I was really little (circa 1984-86 when he was big), we lived just north of San Francisco, not far apparently from where he, himself lives. So, it's a Bay Area thing too, heh. :D

Written By: jiminy on 05/09/05 at 8:57 am

Corporal Jigsore Quandray by Carcass... the bass drums are machine gun fast

The Insight & The Catharsis by Dimmu Borgir... the song is over 7 minutes long but seems like it's over in about 4 minutes

Angry Again by Megadeth... great song

Caught In A Mosh by Anthrax... fast

The Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden... there were a few maiden songs I could of put here, The Trooper or Aces High are both very good too

Highway to Hell by AC/DC... my favourite AC/DC song

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:14 am

I just heard that new song by Duran Duran, "What Happens Tomorrow"....and I am kinda digging it right about now

Erin :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/09/05 at 11:37 am

The Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden... there were a few maiden songs I could of put here, The Trooper or Aces High are both very good too

Number of the Beast is my Favourite Maiden as well.. with Run to the Hills coming in a close second.

Written By: ADH13 on 05/10/05 at 10:17 pm

Apricot??  No Ween in your list of favorites?? :o

Anyways, my favorites are "The Long And Winding Road" by the Beatles because I think it's got a beautiful tune, voice and lyrics - and "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees because it reminds me of being a kid and Saturday Night Fever.  I also think that is a really pretty song.

Written By: Kenlos on 05/10/05 at 11:53 pm

recently I have found myself listening to "March of Mephisto" by Kamelot (feat. Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir) a lot lately.  Not sure why as there is nothing overly special about it but I still can't seem to stop listening to it.

Written By: Apricot on 05/11/05 at 5:21 am

I love HerMajesty's "Open Up Your Arms". It's a bit like the better 90s pop... even seen that CD they sell on TV called The Buzz? It's supposedly like that. I can kinda see it, but I like this a lot more then some of those tracks. Although that's a good CD.

Check for new replies or respond here...