inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Congratulations to Don Carlos

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/05 at 5:09 pm

Congratulations on your retirement, and being able to at an age when you are young enough to
enjoy it.  I envy you.  Good luck to you Cat, having him around the house all day :)

Subject: Re: Congratulations to Don Carlos

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/05 at 6:21 pm

Congratulation on your retirement, sir. I hope you have a lengthy and satisfying one (and I am sure it will be satisfying in all ways  ;D).

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/05/05 at 6:23 pm

Congratulations. You still seem so young. :D

Written By: nally on 05/05/05 at 6:24 pm

I'm happy for you, Don Carlos. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/05 at 1:57 pm

The party yesterday was great (except for my mother  ::) but that is another story) and my feet are feeling better from the new (cute) shoes that I wore. What I thought was very sweet was the school gave him a rose to wear and they gave one for me, too.  ;D I don't know about him but I will miss the school (even though I don't think we will stay away totally-probably go see plays and such). Not only was it my Alma Mater, but that is where I met and married the love of my life. So, I guess the school is just a part of us-and we a part of it.

BTW, I am working on my "Honey do" list but today, we are just recooperating from yesterday.

Cat

Written By: jackas on 05/06/05 at 4:04 pm

Finally!!!

Congratulations Carlos!  It must feel wonderful!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/06/05 at 4:11 pm

Thank you all for your good wishes.  I am VERY fortunate to be able to retire even before I am 60.  My sister, who is 4 years younger than me, is also retireing - to Puerto Rico (we will stay in Vermont, although Feb is a good month NOT to be here).  I am looking forward to a number of possibilities.  One is teaching part-time at Castleton, another is writing fiction - I have a screen play or 2 in mind.  I might also seek employment at unorganized establishments and try to do some union work.  There should be plenty of time to give up the damned alarm clock and to make love to the love of my life.  You should all have it so good.  Thanks again.

DC

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/05 at 12:20 pm

I forgot to mention that the college gave him a really nice rocking chair with his name on the back. So now he rock on the porch in his retirement.  ;)  Actually, the rocking chair is in this room-and it does go with our decor.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/07/05 at 2:53 pm

I forgot to mention that the college gave him a really nice rocking chair with his name on the back. So now he rock on the porch in his retirement.  ;)  Actually, the rocking chair is in this room-and it does go with our decor.

Cat

Nice chair.  I'v already tried it out - in more ways that one  ;).

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/07/05 at 3:36 pm

Congrats on the retirement, Don Carlos.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/05 at 3:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/08/05 at 2:34 pm

Thanks again ya all.  Although it appears that my retirement will be only partial.  My colleagues want me to teach part time.  I just might.  Fall semester and two days a week only - need the rest of the time to keep Cat in line, or should I say off line  ;).

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/05 at 2:40 pm

Congratulations

Check for new replies or respond here...