inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NO Sleep or NO Food

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/06/05 at 5:53 am

What would you rather go without or even be able to live without if you could?

Subject: Re: NO Sleep or NO Food

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/06/05 at 6:19 am

I think i would get very bored not sleeping.. and whatever happens you need to 'recharge your batteries'.

I have the type of body designed to store food like a feind and am just waiting for the Nuclear winter when i will step forth triumphant as leader of New Earth  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/06/05 at 6:25 am

No sleep seems like alot of fun, but would get rather boring. It's nice to be sure that at least 7-9 hours a day you are actually doing something worthwhile.

No food doesn't sound like fun, but think of the perks: less chance of getting fat, no more eating food you hate, no more cooking, no more wondering what to have for dinner, save a few bucks a week etc.

"No Food" ftw.

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/06/05 at 6:35 am

Did anybody else get the ad at the top of this page..

'MEAT! - It's what's rotting in your colon'

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/iclk?adurl=http://www.goveg.com/feat/obesity/&sa=l&ai=BwrZpOFZ7QsDaFbmIwQHOo-TdDbLUkwioxaOSAcCNtwHQhgMQARgBIJbn9AFIhjmgAdrdq_8DqgEKMDA0OTQyOTYzNrIBEHd3dy5pbnRoZTAwcy5jb226AQk0Njh4NjBfYXPIAQLaAT1odHRwOi8vd3d3LmludGhlMDBzLmNvbS9pbmRleC5waHAvdG9waWMsOTg0Ny4wL3RvcGljc2Vlbi5odG1s6AEB&num=1&client=ca-pub-1475700848612418

Mmmmm.. time for a burger  ;D

Written By: Paul on 05/06/05 at 7:00 am

I think you can go without food longer than without sleep...but don't ask me what the average time limits are...

Me? I'll go for option three and go without sex...

I'm doing okay so far...!!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/06/05 at 2:35 pm

third option-but i dunno what

Written By: Apricot on 05/06/05 at 2:35 pm

No sleep. We'd have so much more time to ourselves. You could still sleep for pleasure or rest {like if you excercised a lot}, but you would never actually need it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/06/05 at 2:51 pm

I picked third opinion, because your question is a double negative. Are you asking if we would rather go hungry or sleepless if we had to choose one? Or are you asking if we'd rather had the ability to survive without food or the ability to survive without sleeping? :-\\ 

Written By: Howard on 05/06/05 at 3:04 pm

I'd survive without sleep.I can't with food.My body needs nourishment.

Written By: jackas on 05/06/05 at 4:01 pm

I would go without sleep.  If you didn't need sleep you probably wouldn't get tired and therefore probably wouldn't even miss it.

But food is enjoyable because it taste good and it's something you can do and enjoy with other people.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/06/05 at 4:11 pm

I'd rather give up sleeping because I don't do much of it anyway.

Written By: Apricot on 05/06/05 at 4:24 pm

I read something once... Sleep can be great, or horrible. That feeling you get when you sleep in late? Wonderful. That feeling you get when you spend all night trying to fall asleep? Agony.

Never seen an instance were you can't eat, and it's agonizing. Unless you're on a diet, or something....

Check for new replies or respond here...