inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: calling computer experts... what is hacktool?

Written By: EthanM on 05/12/05 at 7:51 pm

My norton program keeps telling me that my swapfile is infected with hacktool and they can't fix it. What is hacktool, what's a swapfile, and Howw can I fix it?

Subject: Re: calling computer experts... what is hacktool?

Written By: Bobby on 05/12/05 at 8:01 pm

There seems to be a few variations, EthanM. Try this website and work out which one you have and it will tell you how to clear out.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~computech/H.html

Written By: EthanM on 05/13/05 at 6:56 pm

There are so many i don't think i could go through all of them. Does it help that i have a Mac and its been freezing a lot lately? Sometimes i get a message saying my computer needs to restart and sometimes it completely freezes.

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/05 at 7:07 pm

There are so many i don't think i could go through all of them. Does it help that i have a Mac and its been freezing a lot lately? Sometimes i get a message saying my computer needs to restart and sometimes it completely freezes.

All you have to do is look under where it says 'Systems affected'. If Mac isn't in the list, then it won't be that particular hacktool variant.

It won't take you long if you really want to identify your problem.

Written By: EthanM on 05/13/05 at 8:03 pm

Mac isn't on the list for any of them. Maybe finding out what swapfile is will help.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 8:06 pm

Mac isn't on the list for any of them. Maybe finding out what swapfile is will help.
If worse comes to worse you can do what I do...take all your info and save it on a CD or some floppy's...then crash and reload  your computer

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/13/05 at 11:27 pm

That sound like a virus...my hubbys work computer were doing that same thing one time and they ran virus programs.

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/14/05 at 12:00 pm

It sounds obscene ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...