inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: new xbobx2, called 360,

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:20 pm

hello,
i have been looking at the (new) xbox2 call 360, wow!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o
at this web link,
http://www.gamespot.com/index.html

Subject: Re: new xbobx2, called 360,

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:23 pm

Sweet. I heard they're white, aren't they?

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:25 pm

yes they are and look fun to,
out in the u.k soon :)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/05 at 7:25 pm

yea, they look pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting one depending on how much it ends up costing.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:27 pm

yea, they look pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting one depending on how much it ends up costing.
they ant saying at the moment, :(

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:28 pm

My bet on price is 300-500 dollars. 350 or 450 are my closest bets. Prolly a lot of emphasis on internet play.

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/05 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for the link, Robocop.

Yep! The X-Box has definitely been inspired by the PC (USB ports and removable 20gb hard drive!). But I say the console is only as good as it's games. Am I gonna get one when it comes out . . . Well, not immediately but I won't be too far behind.  ;)

Let's hope they tighten up the on-line play too.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/05 at 7:31 pm

My bet on price is 300-500 dollars. 350 or 450 are my closest bets. Prolly a lot of emphasis on internet play.

Sony were moaing that their games are too cheap for the value that people get (which is very debatable even at £35/£40 a game) and are looking to increase the price by £60 a game!  :o

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/15/05 at 7:33 pm

360 will not include a built in hard drive, It will be optional. All controllers will be wireless. It has a 3.2 Ghz processor, a very powerful ati graphics chip, it will use DVDs like the current xbox. It will contain 512 mb ram. Overall it looks pretty impressive, I'm hoping for a $300 or so price.

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:33 pm

Wow! With all that, 300 is out of the question. 350 at the VERY least.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:36 pm

Thanks for the link, Robocop.

Yep! The X-Box has definitely been inspired by the PC (USB ports and removable 20gb hard drive!). But I say the console is only as good as it's games. Am I gonna get one when it comes out . . . Well, not immediately but I won't be too far behind.  ;)

Let's hope they tighten up the on-line play too.  :)
have a look at the games on that web link they look top stuff the games for the xbob2, :)

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:37 pm

Sony were moaing that their games are too cheap for the value that people get (which is very debatable even at £35/£40 a game) and are looking to increase the price by £60 a game!  :o
bont by sony by xbox lol :)

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:38 pm

360 will not include a built in hard drive, It will be optional. All controllers will be wireless. It has a 3.2 Ghz processor, a very powerful ati graphics chip, it will use DVDs like the current xbox. It will contain 512 mb ram. Overall it looks pretty impressive, I'm hoping for a $300 or so price.
if its cheep i will get one to, :)

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:39 pm

I'mma wait a few months, the price will drop a hundred bucks after Christmas.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:42 pm

I'mma wait a few months, the price will drop a hundred bucks after Christmas.
the old xbox when it come out in the u.k,
was 350 paonds and in 6 months it come dawn to 300, :(

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:49 pm

Yeah, they're going for... how much now?

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:54 pm

Yeah, they're going for... how much now?
ms, whont say at the moment the old xbox in the u.k is 130 paonds,
i think,

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:55 pm

Then in a year or so, you ought to be in the 200 pound area. At least I think. I don't know your rate of reduction on that sort of thing, but there's my guess.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 7:58 pm

Then in a year or so, you ought to be in the 200 pound area. At least I think. I don't know your rate of reduction on that sort of thing, but there's my guess.
i hope it comes dawn in pries in the u.k and is cheep to affter a bit, :)

Written By: Apricot on 05/15/05 at 7:59 pm

I bet it will.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/15/05 at 8:00 pm

I bet it will.
yes me to, :)
cheep is better in the long run,

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/05 at 9:42 pm

bont by sony by xbox lol :)

Yes, well I'm bothered that if Sony puts their prices up, Microsoft will probably have to raise them too.  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 05/15/05 at 9:44 pm

ms, whont say at the moment the old xbox in the u.k is 130 paonds,
i think,

I think when X-Box first came out, I think they were going for £300 (approx. $580). However, they did come down in price rapidly when the console war occurred. Expect the price to fall when Playstation 3 and Revolution come out.  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/16/05 at 5:49 am

FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS?  :o

Wow! Ours went for 300 Normal Dollars! Things are a lot more expensive over there!

Written By: Bobby on 05/16/05 at 7:20 am

Wow! Ours went for 300 Normal Dollars! Things are a lot more expensive over there!

I guess the financial structure is different, Apricot. For example, in my pay packet, which apparently, is about the UK average, is about £250 a week (approx. $500). However, things are very expensive over here.  :-\\

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/16/05 at 9:01 am

Yes, well I'm bothered that if Sony puts their prices up, Microsoft will probably have to raise them too.  ::)
yes i agree on that what i like is that when the old xbox and game cube come out in the u.k
in 2001 xbox on april /17 and game cube may/ 3 the xbox was very pricey (but) the game cube was.
only 130 pounds, at the tine i am very surprised the they dident get a good start in the u.k like
the xbox / ps2  :(

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/16/05 at 9:03 am

in the u.k everything is expensive over there they all think that we all like to pay more here, ;D

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/16/05 at 9:13 am

hey,
i forgot to mention that on that link it says that the (cpu) in the new xbox360 is,
vacuumed sealed and can you believr this its water cooled to :o
because of the heat that it produces,
and in one of the videos on that link they is interchangable covers that you can.
change on the xbox 360 like the  interchangable covers on some mobile phones of today, :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/16/05 at 10:04 am

Anywhere from $300 - $450.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/16/05 at 10:06 am

Anywhere from $300 - $450.
lets hope its cheep when it comes out, :) 

Written By: Kenlos on 05/16/05 at 1:06 pm

Sony's Playstation 3 will probably be $400 when it comes out just like the PS2 was.  Though with the Xbox 360, i guess it is called, coming out first that probably gives the Sony a slight advantage since it will get to see how the new Xbox does to give them an idea of what improvements if any need to be made and what kind of price they expect.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/16/05 at 7:57 pm

Sony's Playstation 3 will probably be $400 when it comes out just like the PS2 was.  Though with the Xbox 360, i guess it is called, coming out first that probably gives the Sony a slight advantage since it will get to see how the new Xbox does to give them an idea of what improvements if any need to be made and what kind of price they expect.
Hi, there is some pics of the ps3 on that link the ps3 looks prittey cool, :o

Written By: Kenlos on 05/17/05 at 12:24 pm

Sony has released details about the PS3, it will come with wireless networking capability, six USB ports and Bluetooth support that will allow you to use seven wireless controlls at once.  It will also support the Blu-ray format which can store up to 50 Gigabytes of data per disc.  It will also have a detachable hard drive.  Its cell processor will support high-definition picture quality.  The system will also support PS2 and PS1 games.  This comes from the Orlando newspaper.  The article below goes more in depth.

http://www.ps3land.com/news/article105.php

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/17/05 at 12:30 pm

Sony has released details about the PS3, it will come with wireless networking capability, six USB ports and Bluetooth support that will allow you to use seven wireless controlls at once.  It will also support the Blu-ray format which can store up to 50 Gigabytes of data per disc.  It will also have a detachable hard drive.  Its cell processor will support high-definition picture quality.  The system will also support PS2 and PS1 games.  This comes from the Orlando newspaper.  The article below goes more in depth.

HI with the ps3 haveing Blu-ray capabilities it will give the xbox 360 a run for its money,

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/17/05 at 12:36 pm

i surepos it will be intersting to see who comes out at the top, xbox360/ps3 they is a lot of,
ps2 fans dedicated to sony, i think the old xbox was to late when it was launched in 2001 to get a good,
fan base, 

Written By: Kenlos on 05/17/05 at 12:39 pm

i surepos it will be intersting to see who comes out at the top, xbox360/ps3 they is a lot of,
ps2 fans dedicated to sony, i think the old xbox was to late when it was launched in 2001 to get a good,
fan base, 

Yeah, we shall she how it goes, but Microsoft has a long way to go to catch Sony as currently in the US the PS2 has 43% of the market where the Xbox only has 19% of the market.  But with Xbox 360 coming out around Thanksgiving and the PS3 coming out in spring of 06' it will give Microsoft a head start which could close those numbers up some.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/17/05 at 12:47 pm

Yeah, we shall she how it goes, but Microsoft has a long way to go to catch Sony as currently in the US the PS2 has 43% of the market where the Xbox only has 19% of the market.  But with Xbox 360 coming out around Thanksgiving and the PS3 coming out in spring of 06' it will give Microsoft a head start which could close those numbers up some.
in the u.k when the ps2 come out in i think back in 1999, it was backwards compatable,
so this give the ps2 a good head start,i heard a rumour that the xbox360 is backwards compatable,
at the opening one guy who was hosting the the show he put halo2 no the xbox 360 and it was playing the old, xbox games i think this will give the xbox 360 a good start,

Written By: Kenlos on 05/18/05 at 9:09 am

in the u.k when the ps2 come out in i think back in 1999, it was backwards compatable,
so this give the ps2 a good head start,i heard a rumour that the xbox360 is backwards compatable,
at the opening one guy who was hosting the the show he put halo2 no the xbox 360 and it was playing the old, xbox games i think this will give the xbox 360 a good start,

From what I read the Xbox 360 will be partly backwards compatable.  Not sure how it exactly works but supposedly all the big selling titles for the Xbox, like Halo and Halo 2, you will be able to play on the Xbox 360 but any of the of the games that were not top selling games for the Xbox will not work on the Xbox 360.

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/21/05 at 5:06 pm

From what I read the Xbox 360 will be partly backwards compatable.  Not sure how it exactly works but supposedly all the big selling titles for the Xbox, like Halo and Halo 2, you will be able to play on the Xbox 360 but any of the of the games that were not top selling games for the Xbox will not work on the Xbox 360.
Hi on a web site i heard that they might be a new xbob after the xbobx360 in a year.
but i think that this is speculation and hype,
but i think that it might by some add ons like a blue ray drive or hard drive to keep.
the tecnology up with the ps3 when it comes out in 2006,
it would be nice to see (all) the old xbox games work on the 360,
this i think that this would capture the old games market fo microsoft,
like when the ps2 launched and could play the old psx games,
but i guess we cant have it all our way :-\\ 

Written By: Kenlos on 05/22/05 at 12:13 am

Hi on a web site i heard that they might be a new xbob after the xbobx360 in a year.
but i think that this is speculation and hype,
but i think that it might by some add ons like a blue ray drive or hard drive to keep.
the tecnology up with the ps3 when it comes out in 2006,
it would be nice to see (all) the old xbox games work on the 360,
this i think that this would capture the old games market fo microsoft,
like when the ps2 launched and could play the old psx games,
but i guess we cant have it all our way :-\\   

Yeah, I agree if Microsoft does anything in a year it will probably just all be add ons.  It would be way to soon to put out a whole new system.  If they were going to just put out a new system in a year then why even put out this one this year..

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/25/05 at 2:51 pm

Yeah, I agree if Microsoft does anything in a year it will probably just all be add ons.  It would be way to soon to put out a whole new system.  If they were going to just put out a new system in a year then why even put out this one this year..
i suppose it is always like that with microsoft.  They sell you one thing, once they have sold you it
they like to sell you more products to make more money out of you.  This is why i cannot decide which one to go for in particular.  the PS3 looks very impressive with all the new technology that will be going into it. 
I have seen some of the games for the PS3 on that weblink and they look more impressive than the X-Box 360.
The new gamecube looks pretty cool too.

Written By: robocop 4000TH on 11/05/05 at 2:24 pm

I read in a computer mag recently that the new xbox 360 is comeing out in
november 2 in the uk and will be priced at 207 pounds for one with no hard drive.
and 280 pounds for one with a hard drive.

Check for new replies or respond here...