inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Silly, but common things people do

Written By: ADH13 on 05/17/05 at 1:36 am

I love to watch people - I think some of the mannerisms people have are amusing.  Here are a few examples, but I'm sure you guys can come up with more.

Ever notice the funny shape women make with their mouth when they are applying mascara?

Ever ask someone if they're hungry, and they have to look at their watch before they can decide if they're hungry or not?

Ever notice when it's raining people pull up their shoulders and scrunch down their head? (Is that supposed to keep them dry?)

Notice when someone gets a paper cut, or if they are choking, they start shaking their hand?

People who take the escalator which is right next to the stairs, but they still climb the steps of the escalator?

Subject: Re: Silly, but common things people do

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/05 at 3:12 am

I love to watch people - I think some of the mannerisms people have are amusing.  Here are a few examples, but I'm sure you guys can come up with more.

Ever notice the funny shape women make with their mouth when they are applying mascara?

Ever ask someone if they're hungry, and they have to look at their watch before they can decide if they're hungry or not?

Ever notice when it's raining people pull up their shoulders and scrunch down their head? (Is that supposed to keep them dry?)

Notice when someone gets a paper cut, or if they are choking, they start shaking their hand?

People who take the escalator which is right next to the stairs, but they still climb the steps of the escalator?

Is that anything like when people ask for the time, they point to their wrists?

~Beth

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/17/05 at 4:20 am

Is that anything like when people ask for the time, they point to their wrists?

~Beth

Does that mean if they wanna know where the toilet is, they will point to their backside ?  :o :o :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/05 at 4:21 am

Does that mean if they wanna know where the toilet is, they will point to their backside ?  :o :o :o

I have so been known to do that as a joke. People look at you so weird.

"where is the bathroom....QUICK!!" *frantically points to crotch*

~Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/17/05 at 4:31 am

Or when people tell you where they went on Holiday they point in a Random direction..

Yes.. Yes i can definatley see Thailand from here.

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/17/05 at 7:27 am

So, you can see me flashing you ?

Totally

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/05 at 10:32 am

When they are swimming and starts to sprinkle and they have to run for cover because (heaven forbid) they might actually get WET!!!

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 05/17/05 at 10:34 am

Or when people tell you where they went on Holiday they point in a Random direction..

Yes.. Yes i can definatley see Thailand from here.

Or when they're giving directions on the phone and pointing all over the place although the listener can't even see it!

Oh, and when people take a bath, do they really dip their toe in the water to see how hot it is??  I would be afraid I would fall down if I did that, so I always use my hand.

Written By: karen on 05/17/05 at 10:52 am

Or when they're giving directions on the phone and pointing all over the place although the listener can't even see it!

I do this all the time  :-[

Written By: karen on 05/17/05 at 10:53 am

Or how men stick their tongue out when they're concentrating on something fiddly

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/17/05 at 10:56 am

Or how when people are talking and start to cry they rapidly wave their hand in front of their eyes.  I know, I'm guilty too, but y we do it?  It don't really stop us from crying

Written By: chaka on 05/17/05 at 10:59 am

when people stare because your brother who happens to be autistic,has a fit >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/17/05 at 11:04 am

when people stare because your brother who happens to be autistic,has a fit >:( >:( >:( >:(

Now that's just plain rude!

Written By: chaka on 05/17/05 at 11:06 am

Now that's just plain rude!

Of course it!!!!!
It makes me so angry;I mean he is human too
  :P >:( :P >:(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/17/05 at 11:17 am

ROFL!!!!  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/17/05 at 11:18 am

Thats awful. People can be so insensitive, and rude.

~Beth

Written By: chaka on 05/17/05 at 11:23 am

Thats awful. People can be so insensitive, and rude.

Well thats how people are,if you aren't "normal",thats what you get:kids laughing,pointing whispering(not just kids)
ZERO TOLERANCE >:( >:(
My brother's not stupid,of course he notices when people take the p*ss out of him >:( >:( >:(

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/17/05 at 11:33 am

I would never let my kids (when and if i have any) grow up thinking its ok to make fun of people.  There's an autistic boy at the daycare I work at and we all just love him to death.  He does throw fits a lot but he will talk to us and let us know how he feels.  He's in one of the Pre-K classes, so I think some of the other children in his class don't quite understand.  But its so sweet to see how his classmates ignore differences and want to play with him.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/05 at 5:00 pm

Or when people pick their noses and either fling or wipe the boogers on themselves. :P ::)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/17/05 at 6:40 pm

Or when people pick their noses and either fling or wipe the boogers on themselves. :P ::)

Cuz they've only learned enough manners to not wipe them on other people?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/17/05 at 7:23 pm

Or when they put the same finger in their mouth right after it's been in their nose  :P

Written By: Climber on 05/17/05 at 10:11 pm

Maybe they think the slight "breeze" made by the hand flapping will dry them out ???

I wanna know why people who don't hear you say "Do what?"  when you're making an inane comment like "It sure is cold today" :D

I read/saw somewhere that supposedly works...

Written By: Kenlos on 05/17/05 at 10:40 pm

The thing that blows my mind the most at college is that every single time it snows the parking lot for the dorm half emptys out.  I mean what runs through their heads, "Hey, it is snowing so lets go get and our car and go try to get in a car wreck driving in the snow and ice!"?  Can that many college students be that dumb?  I just don't get it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 11:27 am

when someone is doing something...and it is clearly evident what they are doing...but you still ask them, "what are you doing?"  LOL

Erin :)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/18/05 at 11:33 am

when someone is doing something...and it is clearly evident what they are doing...but you still ask them, "what are you doing?"  LOL

I think people do that when the other person is doing something ridiculous.  We people just get a kick outta hearing the other person stick their foot in their mouth I guess  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/18/05 at 6:31 pm

When guys urinate in a bush and they check to see who's watching them while trying to pee. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 6:39 pm

pick their nose with their toes while wearing pantie hose  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/05 at 6:43 pm

pick their nose with their toes while wearing pantie hose  :D

Do you pick your nose with your toes or your nose? ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 6:50 pm

Do you pick your nose with your toes or your nose? ;D

i use my thumb, i'm into S&M  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/05 at 6:53 pm

i use my thumb, i'm into S&M  ;D

your thumb for what? ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 6:55 pm

your thumb for what? ;D

I got me thumb up me bum!   :o  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/05 at 6:57 pm

I got me thumb up me bum!   :o  ;D

and I got my nose in a rubber hose ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 6:58 pm

and I got my nose in a rubber hose ;D

twice as far with a foreign car  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/05 at 6:59 pm

twice as far with a foreign car  :D

not as much as gas in my A$$ ;D

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 7:10 pm

not as much as gas in my A$$ ;D

He said ASS  ;D
http://www.wwlp.com/news/segments/sybersy/beavis.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 10:18 pm

oh you 2...what would we do without you??? LOL

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/19/05 at 7:37 am

oh you 2...what would we do without you??? LOL

Evolve?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/19/05 at 10:01 am

That's why I always have a few smart alecky comments like "Picking strawberries" or "Decorating a christmas tree" :D

You can always refer to Mad's "Snappy answers to stupid questions"

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/19/05 at 4:21 pm

When people break things and they whistle to themselves thinking they don't want to take the blame for it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/05 at 4:23 pm

ya...that's pretty lame that they do that...I mean, it's obvious that they broke it....fess up!!!!!!!

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/19/05 at 4:46 pm

I don't know if this really fits into this catergory but, have you ever noticed that during that 5 second period of silence that comes just before a movie is about to start, someone ALWAYS has to cough/or clear their throat?!!

I've been to tons of movies and this has happened every single time :)

oh another thing...This might just be a New York City habit, but I am dumfounded as to why people feel the need to lean over the edge of a platform and look for the train. Folks will do this over and over until a train comes. Do they think that the train won't come if they don't do this?!! what else do they think is coming out of that tunnel, a 747?? :P

Written By: jiminy on 05/19/05 at 4:54 pm

stare at girl's breasts, if they are big you might get an ogle   ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/19/05 at 4:54 pm

oh another thing...This might just be a New York City habit, but I am dumfounded as to why people feel the need to lean over the edge of a platform and look for the train. Folks will do this over and over until a train comes. Do they think that the train won't come if they don't do this?!! what else do they think is coming out of that tunnel, a 747?? :P

I didn't see that when I was in New York.  
I just thot of what my bf did 2 me when we were in NY waitin' 4 the subway. I was commenting on how nasty the tracks looked and he goes "There's turtles down there."  I kept looking down on the tracks.  "Where? I don't see any turtles!"  And he was like "Ninja Turtles....remember?"      ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/20/05 at 3:41 pm

When people make waving gestures when they want someone to talk to.

Check for new replies or respond here...