inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ok....ENOUGH of Rob and Amber!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 10:38 pm

OK....who else (besides me) is really sick and tired of hearing about Rob and Amber (from Survivor)???

First they had to grace us with their presence whenever Amber won Survivor All Stars and Rob came in 2nd place....then he cheesily proposes to her on the finale show (how lame) and she accepts....(while sporting a I "heart" Rob shirt).

next....they show up again as contestants on "The Amazing Race"...and thankfully they didn't win...but came close to it.....

NOW.......they are back (once again) on a show that features their WEDDING, televised for everyone to see.....

AGHGHGHGGHGHGHGGH!!!!!! ENOUGH OF ROB AND AMBER ALREADY!!!!

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Ok....ENOUGH of Rob and Amber!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/18/05 at 10:45 pm

OK....who else (besides me) is really sick and tired of hearing about Rob and Amber (from Survivor)???

First they had to grace us with their presence whenever Amber won Survivor All Stars and Rob came in 2nd place....then he cheesily proposes to her on the finale show (how lame) and she accepts....(while sporting a I "heart" Rob shirt).

next....they show up again as contestants on "The Amazing Race"...and thankfully they didn't win...but came close to it.....

NOW.......they are back (once again) on a show that features their WEDDING, televised for everyone to see.....

AGHGHGHGGHGHGHGGH!!!!!! ENOUGH OF ROB AND AMBER ALREADY!!!!

Yeah.

~Beth

Written By: zcrito on 05/18/05 at 10:47 pm

I don't even know who Rob & Amber are. I've never seen "Survivor" or any "reality" television show (except for "This Old House", stuff on The Food Network like "Iron Chef", yes, stuff like that), for that matter.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 10:48 pm

you are lucky then....

because everytime I turn TV on....there they are!!!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/18/05 at 10:51 pm

I don't even know who Rob & Amber are. I've never seen "Survivor" or any "reality" television show (except for "This Old House", stuff on The Food Network like "Iron Chef", yes, stuff like that), for that matter.

w00h000!!! Iron Chef! What a rad show

SQUEEZON!!
~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 10:51 pm

ya...that show is rather amusing

Written By: zcrito on 05/18/05 at 11:01 pm

w00h000!!! Iron Chef! What a rad show

SQUEEZON!!
~Beth

They were made in Japan in the late '90s and I get the impression the "theme food" for the show is known before hand. One of the judges made a comment once that he was looking forward to eating a particular food all day in anticipation of the show. How did he know what they were going to eat? Unless they add in English dialog that has nothing to do what's actually being said?

"Mario Eats Italy" is another good show I always try to watch.

Written By: jiminy on 05/18/05 at 11:17 pm

"Mario Eats Italy" is another good show I always try to watch.

By looking at Mario, it makes you wonder what he doesn't eat   ;D
I love the voice overs on Iron Chef, when are the DVDs coming out?   ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/18/05 at 11:21 pm

As Beavis would say: "Yeah yeah yeah, hmm hmm, me too." :D

Seriously, I've been tired of all Survivor since after the first season! I kinda grew attached to Colleen, Greg, Gervase, Rudy (even though he was an old grump at times), and everyone else.

Reality TV, to me, wore out its welcome by 2002/03.

Now, if we're talking about the 80's rock band (the guys that did "I'm so High on You"), that's a Survivor I'll never get sick of. ;D

Written By: zcrito on 05/18/05 at 11:41 pm

By looking at Mario, it makes you wonder what he doesn't eat   ;D
I love the voice overs on Iron Chef, when are the DVDs coming out?   ;D

Mario is alright. He's just a chef that likes food -- Italian food.

If anyone out there is planing on going to Italy, be sure and do what Mario did on one of his "Mario Eats Italy" shows that I thought was sooooo cool...
have a picnic on Mount Vesuvius. Danger, history and romance all rolled into one!

DVDs for Iron Chef. No idea. But I've seen the show too many times to want it on DVD.

Written By: Climber on 05/18/05 at 11:44 pm

As Beavis would say: "Yeah yeah yeah, hmm hmm, me too." :D

Seriously, I've been tired of all Survivor since after the first season! I kinda grew attached to Colleen, Greg, Gervase, Rudy (even though he was an old grump at times), and everyone else.

Reality TV, to me, wore out its welcome by 2002/03.

Now, if we're talking about the 80's rock band (the guys that did "I'm so High on You"), that's a Survivor I'll never get sick of. ;D

I was thinking the exact same thing!  They are one of my favorite bands.  :)  When someone says "did you see Survivor" or something to that order, they are the ones I think of.  I have never watched that TV show, and don't plan on it.    :P

Check for new replies or respond here...