inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plans for the summer that you wish to brag about?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/24/05 at 11:16 pm

Hmm, My plans for the summer....

To achieve the royal title of Badtz Maru!!!!!!
Lame, but true!!  :D

Also a weekend with my friend, to visit some places in PA that have had ghost sightings.

~Beth

Subject: Re: Plans for the summer that you wish to brag about?

Written By: Climber on 05/24/05 at 11:18 pm

We are going to visit relatives in Missouri sometime in July or August.  I haven't been down there in over 16 years.  My cousin is having her first baby, so I will get to see the little one.  YAY!  :)

Written By: Kenlos on 05/25/05 at 12:11 am

There is talk in my family of maybe driving from Orlando to Phoenix to visit relatives and then maybe make a stop in Vegas as well before returning home.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/25/05 at 10:09 am

Besides sailing, we are talking about taking a trip to eastern Canada. We haven't pin-pointed a time yet. We are also having our house painted (yay)-it REALLY needs it.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 10:47 am

We are planning on taking Vaughn out to Lancaster, PA to take a train ride and go to "DutchWonderland"..a small amusement park.....we also purchased season passes to a local amusement park (Idlewild Park).....so we will be hanging out there alot this summer. We want to catch a few Pirates baseball games this season...and we'll probably be at the drive-in alot, beings that it's like 5 min. down the road from us.  We also have lots of things planned to do with the house this summer....Chris and his brother are working on our front porch/porch roof....so that will keep them busy.

Erin :)

Written By: Apricot on 05/25/05 at 2:38 pm

Working on a band with my friend {you'd know him as Djork/FrozenFire/Kitty The Snail/Not Apricot/How Does FrozenFire Make Sense?} and meeting a friend from this forum 'ere.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/05 at 5:07 pm

to try to spend more romantic times with Robin.I love her a lot. :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/26/05 at 7:22 pm

I'm gonna be sitting here freezing my a*ss off while all you guys are out enjoying the hot weather up there.  :-\\

Roll on November I say  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/26/05 at 7:46 pm

Welllll... I am moving out of home in 2 weeks.. and it's june.. SUMMER!

I am gonna bust ass to get my license and then make numerous roadtrips, dragging poor unlucky bastards with me.

I wanna go see all the Amish as well..!!!!

I wanna drive out west as well.. I have driven through most of the East and Deep South with my cousin when we did the 'Take the english guy and put him out of his element tour' which involved sending me in to bad looking places to see what would happen.

I think i am gonna go down to Florida as well.. i dunno.

I wouldn't mind starting doing my soccer coaching qualifications as well. I know my FA Coaching Badges mean that i will be taken seriously in the states but i think i have to go up to Chicago to do any of the serious Coaching Qualifications.. still i guess i could probably stay at the US Soccer camp if i was doing courses with them.

I wanna go to Ozzfest as well.. but i doubt i will be able to.. I'm sure as hell gonna try though! SABBATH, MAIDEN, BLACK LABEL, ROB ZOMBIE, KILLSWITCH, IN FLAMES! Ozzfest is gonna rock!

I also have to register for all my college classes.. which i am looking forward to in a geekishly perverse way.

That's it i guess.

Written By: jiminy on 05/26/05 at 8:09 pm

Welllll... I am moving out of home in 2 weeks.. and it's june.. SUMMER!

I am gonna bust butt to get my license and then make numerous roadtrips, dragging poor unlucky bastards with me.

I wanna go see all the Amish as well..!!!!

I wanna drive out west as well.. I have driven through most of the East and Deep South with my cousin when we did the 'Take the english guy and put him out of his element tour' which involved sending me in to bad looking places to see what would happen.

I think i am gonna go down to Florida as well.. i dunno.

I wouldn't mind starting doing my soccer coaching qualifications as well. I know my FA Coaching Badges mean that i will be taken seriously in the states but i think i have to go up to Chicago to do any of the serious Coaching Qualifications.. still i guess i could probably stay at the US Soccer camp if i was doing courses with them.

I wanna go to Ozzfest as well.. but i doubt i will be able to.. I'm sure as hell gonna try though! SABBATH, MAIDEN, BLACK LABEL, ROB ZOMBIE, KILLSWITCH, IN FLAMES! Ozzfest is gonna rock!

I also have to register for all my college classes.. which i am looking forward to in a geekishly perverse way.

That's it i guess.

If I were in Europe I'd go see the Wacken Open Air Festlval, of course Amsterdam is in route so you can have a few cups of that famous Amsterdam coffee on the way   ;)
http://www.wacken.com/index_eng.html
it's too late for the Dynamo festival, it was in early May but here is a link
http://www.dynamo.nl/news.html

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/26/05 at 10:35 pm

My 29th birthday in July.....  :\'(  ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/27/05 at 5:18 am

If I were in Europe I'd go see the Wacken Open Air Festlval, of course Amsterdam is in route so you can have a few cups of that famous Amsterdam coffee on the way   ;)
http://www.wacken.com/index_eng.html
it's too late for the Dynamo festival, it was in early May but here is a link
http://www.dynamo.nl/news.html

My friends Jonathan & Thuram are going to Wacken.

My 29th birthday in July..... :\'( ::)

My 17th Birthday in July.

Written By: karen on 05/27/05 at 8:02 am

We are going to Scotland for a week's orienteering in August.  Dai is also planning to take Elizabeth camping somewhere in July.  Probably somewhere near his parents since it seems unlikely his dad will be out of hospital by then.  I will probably take the children down to visit in August as well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/05 at 8:14 am

Cricket, cricket and more cricket.

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 8:39 am

I'm going to the beach for the entire summer.  No computers in the summer house though.  :\'( 

There are, however, computers in the library, so you will still be seeing me occasionally.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/27/05 at 8:44 am

Great news! I will be spending the summer doing absolutely nothing whatsoever, and what's more, no Marsh! Yipeee! Best summer ever!  ;D
Only kidding, Marsh, we'll miss ya!  ;)

Written By: Cait Sith on 05/27/05 at 9:20 am

I will be camping for a week in the lovely outdoors that is Shepton Mallet (some place in southern UK...somewhere). Other than that...probably getting ready for college

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/27/05 at 9:53 am

I will be camping for a week in the lovely outdoors that is Shepton Mallet (some place in southern UK...somewhere). Other than that...probably getting ready for college

You're from the UK? I thought I was the only UK teen on this board... guess i'll have to make room!  ;D

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 10:02 am

I will NOT be vacationing in Gulf Shores however...  We used to rent a condo apartment every year, but Hurricane Ivan demolished the small little thing.  Fortunately, the same year we can't go, Alec and Billy Baldwin are vacationing over there.  So it all works out. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/19/06 at 8:07 pm

Hm, so last year, my summer plans were to post more on this forum. Someone should have shot me, to be quite frank.

This year, I REALLY want to visit some haunted places (Unlike last year, now I actually have a car). I believe I'm going to a four day music festival in Illinois, with some friends from work. Hopefully going to a lot of shows at Mozart Hall. I'm going to try to visit Andrew as much as I can, as well.

More as I remember.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/06 at 8:39 pm

Well...we are going to be going to Hilton Head, South Carolina for 10 days, starting June 9th. We have relatives down there, and are going to visit them.

Written By: Apricot on 05/19/06 at 9:01 pm

This year, I REALLY want to visit some haunted places (Unlike last year, now I actually have a car). I believe I'm going to a four day music festival in Illinois, with some friends from work. Hopefully going to a lot of shows at Mozart Hall. I'm going to try to visit Andrew as much as I can, as well. .

Four Day.. Music.. Festival?

Lucky. :(

My summer plans are just to get a job and get some cash flow coming in, make Beth visit me as much as I can, bust on Whitey, etc.

Written By: Dominic L. on 05/19/06 at 9:03 pm

Heh.. it's too emoz for you, Andrew...

I wish I could go to lollapalooza :(

Instead I'm probably getting a summer job and staying home...

:O Perfect time to record songs!

Written By: Apricot on 05/19/06 at 9:27 pm

:O Perfect time to record songs!

I'm actually gonna try to finish my covers album and start my eventual own songs project.

Written By: CeeKay on 05/19/06 at 11:30 pm

The kids and I are heading East, to New York.  We will stay with KKay for a couple of days and we'll all spend a week at a cabin in the Adirondacks with my mom.

A couple of soccer tournaments.

I'd really like to do some white water rafting this summer.

Written By: La Roche on 05/19/06 at 11:34 pm

We are going to visit relatives in Missouri sometime in July or August.  I haven't been down there in over 16 years.  My cousin is having her first baby, so I will get to see the little one.  YAY!  :)

Where in Missouri?

My family is all over.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/20/06 at 8:03 am

This will be my year to finally get to Gettysburg.  We are going to take Amtrak to Harrisburg, rent a car, and drive to Gettysburg.  Maybe next year I will get to Richmond and Petersburg.  We may also go to Marthas Vineyard for a couple of days.  I am not a big fan of Cape Cod in the summertime, but Sig likes to go there for a couple of days, it is true that you can't get better swimming beaches than the ones on Cape Cod.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/06 at 10:21 am

No major plans for the summer. We don't even know if we will get the boat in the water because of Carlos' back.  :\'( I guess we will basically be working on Bernie Sanders' campaign for the Senate.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 06/29/06 at 10:53 pm

This summer we are going to Washington DC and Maryland.
See family and do some crabbing - hopefully.
Apparently we are going to check out Busch Gardens Europe too.

We are driving cross country and have never been to Graceland so we are going to stop there too I guess.
Should be fun, as long as we don't drive each other crazy in the Durango! ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 12:27 am

So far... .. this summer has basically sucked. I am enjoying my evenings of sitting on the porch swing, enjoying the weather, though. However, I'm procrastinating visiting the places I wanted to. Oh well, it's not over yet, I suppose. I have time. One a better note, in five days, I'm visiting Andrew for the second time. I guess that's one thing I'm not procrastinating about.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/30/06 at 12:44 am

The kids and I are heading East, to New York.  We will stay with KKay for a couple of days and we'll all spend a week at a cabin in the Adirondacks with my mom.

A couple of soccer tournaments.

I'd really like to do some white water rafting this summer.

I'm heading to NY too, have you gone yet?

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 2:56 am

DisneyLand(already went)
FLAMING LIPS!!!! (JULY 22nd!!!!)
Ohio...(August 3-5?)
Work at my uncles coffe shop for below minimul wage!!! (pretty much all summer)

Written By: Gis on 06/30/06 at 3:57 am

Hmm, moving house in two weeks time right over my birthday infact which is a bummer.

Other than that no plans as such. We have a couple of long weekends away coming up in august and I have a week off work in sept with no idea's what to do with it as yet.

Written By: karen on 06/30/06 at 4:04 am

In August we are going camping for a week in the Lake District.  About a week after we get back we are going to Iceland for about 10 days.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/30/06 at 5:15 am

Really do not know. I've got all the way until December to think about it.... probably nothing as usual.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/06 at 7:43 am

I have no plans as of right now except to go on vacation up to Niskayuna to see a friend and basically work throughout the summer and see Robin every Sunday. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 10:37 am

Well...we've already completed our vacation....but I would like to do some local things this summer...and Beth and I were talking about driving to the Pocono Mountains to do some exploring at abandoned mountain resorts.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/30/06 at 10:38 am

Well...we've already completed our vacation....but I would like to do some local things this summer...and Beth and I were talking about driving to the Pocono Mountains to do some exploring at abandoned mountain resorts.

:o We're still doing that?! Awesome.

Written By: Darkbreed on 06/30/06 at 11:55 am

Some time next week me and the crew from the 631 are going to Pa for some street, and trails.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 11:59 am

Some time next week me and the crew from the 631 are going to Pa for some street, and trails. were going all over Pa from philly to Pittsburg.

don't forget the H my dear! lol! ;)

anyway...that will be fun! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 12:03 pm

Some time next week me and the crew from the 631 are going to Pa for some street, and trails. were going all over Pa from philly to Pittsburg.

TAKE ME WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 12:06 pm

TAKE ME WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Silly Dom.. you're all the way across the country.

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/30/06 at 12:10 pm

I will be playing the part of Pompey the pimp in William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure".  Here's a poster for the show ... it will be an outdoors "Shakespeare-in-the-park" production by The Town Cow Theater Company of Concord, Massachusetts:

http://thetowncow.org/graphics/MM-E-poster_resize.jpg

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 06/30/06 at 1:23 pm

I will be playing the part of Pompey the pimp in William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure".  Here's a poster for the show ... it will be an outdoors "Shakespeare-in-the-park" production by The Town Cow Theater Company of Concord, Massachusetts:

http://thetowncow.org/graphics/MM-E-poster_resize.jpg

WOW!  That's something to brag about :)

I'm off later today for an entire week in Iowa at the lake so I probably won't get to check in much :)  Happy 4th everyone!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/30/06 at 1:23 pm

WOW!  That's something to brag about :)

I'm off later today for an entire week in Iowa at the lake so I probably won't get to check in much :)  Happy 4th everyone!!!

have a great time at the lake, Kim! :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 1:47 pm

FLAMING LIPS!!!! (JULY 22nd!!!!)

WITH WHO!?

WEEN TOO!!!

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 4:19 pm

WITH WHO!?

WEEN TOO!!!

uhh...some stupid guy from school, HAH he thinks i'm his friend ;D hahahah jk jk

AND THE GO! TEAM, but they aren't as good

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 4:40 pm

uhh...some stupid guy from school, HAH he thinks i'm his friend

He sounds like a homo.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 5:13 pm

He sounds like a homo.

oh, he is, he takes gay pictures of himself that are in weird color tones, like green and RED!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 5:17 pm

oh, he is, he takes gay pictures of himself that are in weird color tones, like green and RED!

It was BLUE!! BLUUUUUUUUE!

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 5:21 pm

It was BLUE!! BLUUUUUUUUE!
\
REALLY?!? I thought it was green

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/30/06 at 5:32 pm

\
REALLY?!? I thought it was green

It's because of the walls, I guess!

Written By: Apricot on 06/30/06 at 6:41 pm

God, what a fag. You should totally get your ticket, and then kick his ass and rip it up.

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/30/06 at 7:06 pm

God, what a fag. You should totally get your ticket, and then kick his ass and rip it up.

rip up his ticket?? because im keeping mine!

Written By: Morton on 06/30/06 at 8:47 pm

This summer i'm hoping to be able to get a couple of weekends off so that I can go up the caravan with my nana and grandad... after all, it may well be the last year i'm able to do so (what with my grandparent's ages, and in a year's time, i might have other commitments)

Check for new replies or respond here...