inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your favorite amusement park ride??

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 3:57 pm

I would have to say the Tilt-a-Whirl or the Merry Go Round

Erin :)

Subject: Re: What is your favorite amusement park ride??

Written By: Kenlos on 05/25/05 at 4:23 pm

Mine are the River Rapids rides, like Thunder River at Six Flags over Georgia in Atlanta or Popeye & Bluto's River Raft Barges at Islands Of Adventure in Orlando.

Written By: gemini61 on 05/25/05 at 4:36 pm

The Scrambler and the Spider or Octopus thingy, I'm not sure what it's called. Roller Coasters scare the crap out of me  :o And of course I love the good old Merry Go Round!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/25/05 at 6:10 pm

I would have to say the Tilt-a-Whirl or the Merry Go Round

I agree-I LOVE the Tilt-a-Whirl

The Scrambler and the Spider or Octopus thingy, I'm not sure what it's called. Roller Coasters scare the crap out of me  :o And of course I love the good old Merry Go Round!  :D

Yup, me too. Anything that spins I love.

Cat

Written By: Kryllith on 05/25/05 at 11:30 pm

The Viper at Magic Mountain. Of course, I've not had a chance to ride their newest coasters.

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/26/05 at 6:52 pm

the bench lol  ::)

my stomach dont take too kindly to many rides

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 8:20 pm

the bench lol  ::)

my stomach dont take too kindly to many rides

hahaa..that's funny Billy...I have been noticing as I get older...there are less rides that I can feel normal when getting off of them....I ride the bench a lot too...but now since we have Vaughn....we are in kiddieland alot!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/26/05 at 10:34 pm

Rollercoaster

Written By: nally on 06/26/05 at 8:40 pm

At a general amusement park or carnival, my favorite rides have been the carousel (aka merry-go-round) and Ferris wheel (which I didn't wanna ride in until age 9 because I used to be afraid of heights). At theme parks, I like mostly water rides. I don't really like rollercoasters because they go too fast, but also because many of them go upside-down (something I've never been a fan of). However, when I was a senior in high school, our senior class went on a picnic to Six Flags Magic Mountain, and my friends convinced me that the fast rollercoasters that didn't go upside-down would not be so bad. So we all went on Colossus together, and the first drop actually scared the heck out of me. But I enjoyed the ride overall.

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/26/05 at 9:44 pm

The Tilt-A-Whirl and The Scrambler are pretty much my limit  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/26/05 at 9:55 pm

I pretty much like anything, even though I'm scared of many of them now - especially the ones that either move fast or go upside down. The older I've gotten, the less I can take, LOL.

When I went to Disneyland in '98 (age 16) I was -- as my friends describe -- "screaming like a little girl" on Space Mountain. But I still liked it! ;D

But I like roller-coasters and even simplistic ones like FerrisWheels.

Written By: memory on 06/26/05 at 10:11 pm

all of them.

Written By: TC1970 on 06/28/05 at 6:41 am

The Tilt-A-Whirl and The Scrambler are pretty much my limit  ;D

Same here. I am deathly afraid of heights. I was on the ferris wheel with my niece 2 summers ago and was a nervous wreck. Holding the bars and closing my eyes. She loved the ride. I must of looked foolish sitting beside her.  ;D 

I also hate the feeling of butterflies that some rides give you. Amusement rides..I will pass.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/10/05 at 12:25 am

I like the rollercoasters and the Pirate Ship (which is like a giant swing, and the best seats are the ends, because they go the highest)  I really don't like ferris wheels because when they stop the wheel to let people on or off, the seat rocks and that makes me nervous.

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/10/05 at 7:25 am

Anything Fast and spinning...especially this thing

On hot days, the operator will hang you upside down while huge water jets soak you. My voice is still recovering from all the screaming I did.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/10/05 at 1:51 pm

Tilt-A-Whirl is my  all time favorite ride.  Second would be rollercoasters, especially those with loops.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/11/05 at 6:15 am

The Helter Skelter

Written By: Cait Sith on 07/11/05 at 7:48 am

Anything at Alton Towers :)

Check for new replies or respond here...