inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bobness

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 7:05 pm

We are all familiar with the concept of blahness - instituted by DAK, original king of blah.  But it reminded me of something I created some time ago, perhaps a year.  It was called bobness.

You see, we all have a Bob quality, in contrast to blahness in which some people are blah, some people are meh, some people are pfffft and so forth.  Everyone is Bob deep down inside EXCEPT for those who actually use the name "Bob", who have more of a George quality.  Bobness is something that cannot be explained, except that everyone whose name is not Bob has it. 

I have often thought of organizing a revolution so that everybody with Boblike qualities would be named Bob and that everyone with Georgelike qualities aka the BINO's (Bob In Name Only) would be named George.  Of course, then all the people named Bob would receive bobness after being named George and vice versa.  So it is very complicated and we are still searching for solutions.

Subject: Re: Bobness

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/27/05 at 7:07 pm

We are all familiar with the concept of blahness - instituted by DAK, original king of blah.  But it reminded me of something I created some time ago, perhaps a year.  It was called bobness.

You see, we all have a Bob quality, in contrast to blahness in which some people are blah, some people are meh, some people are pfffft and so forth.  Everyone is Bob deep down inside EXCEPT for those who actually use the name "Bob", who have more of a George quality.  Bobness is something that cannot be explained, except that everyone whose name is not Bob has it. 

I have often thought of organizing a revolution so that everybody with Boblike qualities would be named Bob and that everyone with Georgelike qualities aka the BINO's (Bob In Name Only) would be named George.  Of course, then all the people named Bob would receive bobness after being named George and vice versa.  So it is very complicated and we are still searching for solutions.

Hmmmm... this is new
Don't forget, the DVD boxset of season one of 'Your Worst Nightmare's Bloody Pointless Threads' is available in all good video stores from Monday, and features the 'hits' 'The King Of Meh', 'The Official Blah Thread' and the new episode 'Bobness'. Priced £12.99/$69.99

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 7:09 pm

New to this message board anyway.  I don't know when you founded blahness, but I came up with bobness I guess in mid 2004.

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 7:09 pm

And I am sending you all copies of the DVD!  That's just the kind of guy I am.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/27/05 at 7:10 pm

New to this message board anyway.  I don't know when you founded blahness, but I came up with bobness I guess in mid 2004.

You do not find blahness, you reach it, duh

Written By: Bobby on 05/27/05 at 8:34 pm

So what qualities define being a 'George' then?  ;D

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 9:09 pm

That is not for the commoners to know.  Georgeness is even more complicated and eerie than bobness, which is why I only mentioned it briefly.

Written By: Bobby on 05/27/05 at 9:53 pm

That is not for the commoners to know.  Georgeness is even more complicated and eerie than bobness, which is why I only mentioned it briefly.

LOL. Okay then.  ;D

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 9:56 pm

You tread on dangerous ice when you take such an ultimately serious thing as georgeness, let alone bobness, seriously.  I refuse to discuss georgeness with anyone.  One reason is because I really have no idea what it is.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/27/05 at 10:04 pm

YWN....

exactly what planet are you from? ;D

Erin :)

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 10:08 pm

That is also not something for you to know.  But, it should be comforting to know that I am in somewhere in a neighboring cluster.  You Virgonians...  Hahaha.  The guys from the Milky Way are kind of boring though.  :(

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 10:15 pm

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are Virgonians.  Most of them afraid to tell me what planet they're from, and one of them won't even tell me what galaxy he belongs to.  Seems like they know me well enough, eh?  I'm pretty sure that one is from the Local Group though.  Everybody in the Local Group has a funny accent, you know?  Well, it's been nice chatting to you, but I have a giant tub of sour cream and onion dip to jump into; You know how it is. 

Written By: YWN on 05/27/05 at 10:38 pm

Oops, I meant to say he wouldn't even tell me what group he belonged to, which would of course really mean he didn't like me.  :P

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/28/05 at 9:03 am

You really scare me sometimes, Marsh  ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/28/05 at 11:22 pm

That is also not something for you to know.  But, it should be comforting to know that I am in somewhere in a neighboring cluster.  You Virgonians...  Hahaha.  The guys from the Milky Way are kind of boring though.   :(

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/28/05 at 11:23 pm

I'll have you know that some of my best friends are Virgonians.  Most of them afraid to tell me what planet they're from, and one of them won't even tell me what galaxy he belongs to.  Seems like they know me well enough, eh?  I'm pretty sure that one is from the Local Group though.  Everybody in the Local Group has a funny accent, you know?  Well, it's been nice chatting to you, but I have a giant tub of sour cream and onion dip to jump into; You know how it is. 

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/28/05 at 11:23 pm

Oops, I meant to say he wouldn't even tell me what group he belonged to, which would of course really mean he didn't like me.   :P

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 5:39 am

Hmm... doesn't look like i've missed much here  ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/29/05 at 5:48 am

A post for the hell of posting.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 5:51 am

A post for the hell of posting in reply to a post for the hell of posting

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/29/05 at 9:13 am

So I am a Bob too?  ::)

My favorite Bob is Bob Newhart.

http://www.wma.com/bob_newhart/imgs/BOB_NEWHART_main.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/29/05 at 11:03 am

Hmm... doesn't look like i've missed much here  ::)

I kinda think that this thread was created for the hell of posting.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 1:13 pm

I kinda think that this thread was created for the hell of posting.

You think?  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/29/05 at 4:18 pm

Meh

THAT'S RIGHT! TAKE THAT!!!

Virgonian Scum.. the Galaxy shall soon be mine.

Phresh clak daktar nourdoth coultarkischtak!!!

Written By: jiminy on 05/29/05 at 8:22 pm

THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG!

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/29/05 at 10:38 pm

I guess people are running out of ideas around here, right? ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/29/05 at 10:44 pm

Written By: YWN on 08/14/05 at 5:32 pm

Veren zol fun dir a blintsa

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 6:44 pm

I can testify that there is nothing wrong with Bobness.

Written By: YWN on 08/14/05 at 7:30 pm

Remember, those who are actually named Bob have Georgeness.

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:02 pm

Remember, those who are actually named Bob have Georgeness.

Don't I feel special.  ;D

Written By: Mare on 08/14/05 at 8:07 pm

You should we can call you gorgeous george  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:07 pm

Tee hee. I prefer Beautiful Bobby.  ;D

Written By: Mare on 08/14/05 at 8:25 pm

Ravishing Robert? Sounds like a wrestler from the 50's  :)

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:27 pm

Ravishing Robert? Sounds like a wrestler from the 50's  :)

Both the above names have been used by wrestlers, lol.

'Gorgeous George' was a wrestler of the 50s - legendary apparently, 'Beautiful' Bobby was a wrestler of the 70s (UK - Bobby Barnes) and a wrestler of the 80s (US - Bobby Eaton) . . .

And now we have 'Ravashing' Robert. My tribute to the late 'Ravashing' Rick Rude who always wanted to tell us what he would like to have right now.  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/05 at 8:30 pm

'Gorgeous George' was a wrestler of the 50s - legendary apparently, 'Beautiful' Bobby was a wrestler of the 70s (UK - Bobby Barnes) and a wrestler of the 80s (US - Bobby Eaton) . . .

And now we have 'Ravashing' Robert. My tribute to the late 'Ravashing' Rick Rude who always wanted to tell us what he would like to have right now.  ;D

alright then Ravishing Robert..go on then..tell us  ;)

Written By: Mare on 08/14/05 at 8:34 pm

I knew about Gorgeous George but not the other two. That's why I thought I was so clever posting it....blew up in my crippler cross face  ;D

Written By: Mare on 08/14/05 at 8:36 pm

;D ;D Yeah go on....

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:39 pm

His speech went a little like this:   ;D

"What I would like to have right now, is for all you fat, out of shape, innercity sweathogs to gaze in awe as I take off my robe and show you what a real sexy body looks like . . ."

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/05 at 8:40 pm

His speech went a little like this:   ;D

"What I would like to have right now, is for all you fat, out of shape, innercity sweathogs to gaze in awe as I take off my robe and show you what a real sexy body looks like . . ."

yeah yeah..that was Ravishing Rick..not Robert..again..do tell muwahahaha  :D

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:42 pm

yeah yeah..that was Ravishing Rick..not Robert..again..do tell muwahahaha  :D

I would but I would get banned off the boards.  ;)

Written By: Mare on 08/14/05 at 8:42 pm

yeah yeah..that was Ravishing Rick..not Robert..again..do tell muwahahaha :D

^ Burn!!! ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/05 at 8:43 pm

I would but I would get banned off the boards.  ;)

k..you can pm me then  :o ;D ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:44 pm

^ Burn!!! ;D

Burn? I'm hot around the collar more like . . .  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:45 pm

k..you can pm me then  :o ;D ;)

Ha ha! A woman of your purity wouldn't be able to handle it.  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/05 at 8:45 pm

Ha ha! A woman of your purity wouldn't be able to handle it.  ;)

oh. :-[

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/05 at 8:46 pm

oh. :-[

;) ;D

Written By: YWN on 08/14/05 at 9:38 pm

YWN believes we are not talking about bobness in this thread anymore.  YWN's friends DAK and Apricot will tell you that YWN does not tolerate randomness, changing of subjects, or referring to oneself in the third person.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/14/05 at 10:11 pm

YWN believes we are not talking about bobness in this thread anymore.  YWN's friends DAK and Apricot will tell you that YWN does not tolerate randomness, changing of subjects, or referring to oneself in the third person.

Well, C.NOIZE would like to inform YWN that YWN's friend Apricot has not been posting recently (and may not be for a while), and therefore will not likely be telling Bobby, ktelqueen, and Mare that YWN does not tolerate randomness, changing of subjects, or referring to oneself in the third person anytime soon.  And now that C.NOIZE comes to think of it, DAK hasn't been on for a while either.

;)

But anyway... bobness   georgeness. ::)

http://www.okilprezzoegiusto.tv/immagini/bob.jpghttp://www.arts.buffalo.edu/assets/images/newhart.jpghttp://scenicroute.org/kort/bob.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/14/05 at 10:15 pm

And now that C.NOIZE comes to think of it, DAK hasn't been on for a while either.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder where the lad is?

Beth

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/14/05 at 10:26 pm

I wonder where the lad is?

Well, his last post reads "Flair Enuff. I'm heading up to bed soon myself anyway, I am rather tired."  So maybe he slept in . . . for 6 days.  ???

But anyway...bobness (for real this time):

http://www.yoocrew.com/rich/tribute/conan/bwconan.jpg http://www.visitingdc.com/images/george_bush.jpg http://www.passingnotes.net/Pictures/Bill.jpg

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/15/05 at 12:06 am

What was the entire point of this thread again?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/15/05 at 12:11 am

What was the entire point of this thread again?

I was kinda wondering the same thing.

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 08/15/05 at 3:49 pm

Howardness

Check for new replies or respond here...