inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In honor of his look alike, Alcoholica...favorite John Candy movie??

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/06/05 at 10:26 pm

John Candy was a great actor!!!  I loved all of his movies...but my all-time favorites would have to be.....

National Lampoons Vacation

Uncle Buck

Summer Rental

Erin :)

Subject: Re: In honor of his look alike, Alcoholica...favorite John Candy movie??

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/06/05 at 10:31 pm

Uncle Buck  :)

Subject: Re: In honor of his look alike, Alcoholica...favorite John Candy movie??

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/06/05 at 10:40 pm

Hard choice (I like most of 'em) but if I had to pick one - "Uncle Buck".

In the early 90's, I came to be a pretty big fan of his stuff (we rented movies alot at the time). I was pretty sad when I was 12 and he died (March of '94). :(

His characters were usually just different enough from each other to be unique, but I think they all had certain similarities (especially the humor aspect!). I think Del Griffith and Uncle Buck would've gotten along!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/06/05 at 11:47 pm

This was tough. It's a toss up between "Plains, Trains, and Automobiles" and "The Great Outdoors". I Haven't seen "Space Balls" yet, but I heard that it's REALLY funny.

~Beth

Written By: Bobby on 06/07/05 at 5:51 am

Very tough but I went for 'other' in the form of Brewster's Millions.  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 06/07/05 at 6:18 am

Uncle Buck  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/07/05 at 7:16 am

Spaceballs and Stripes

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/07/05 at 11:39 am

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: Where are your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those AREN'T PILLOWS!

My favorite scene in the movie.  ;D

Anyone here seen "Who's Harry Crumb?"  It was an ok movie.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/07/05 at 11:52 am

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: Where are your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those AREN'T PILLOWS!

My favorite scene in the movie. ;D

LOL, there were so many "memorable" lines in that.

Neal: "Four f-ing wheels and a seat!" was one of my favorites. ;D

Anyone here seen "Who's Harry Crumb?" It was an ok movie.

I loved that one too - perfect blend of slapstick, action/adventure and dumb comedy.

I think from about 1991 to 94, I pretty much tried to see every John Candy movie out (especially since he mostly just did the same kind of comedies).

His first starring role, "Summer Rental" was really good too - even if it kinda loses steam in the second half, IMO. Really evokes the pop culture of 1985 well - like Jennifer's gigantic headphones. ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/07/05 at 1:16 pm

Stripes
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Uncle Buck

Written By: Alchoholica on 06/07/05 at 1:43 pm

Uncle Buck is the best one.. with him as the star. Of course the best movie out of the bunch is The Blues Brothers. To this day one of my favourite movies.

Funny story.

I used to watch it religiously when i was a young kid. We're talking like most days.

Anyway when i was like 6 my mom goes Andrew clean your bedroom please. 'No Fuc*king way!'  ;D

You probably had to be there.. but still.

Written By: YWN on 06/07/05 at 1:54 pm

John Candy was in Home Alone??  The same one starring Macauley Culkin?  Did he play one of the various relatives?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/07/05 at 1:59 pm

Great Actor and person. I chose Uncle Buck because he was the main subject of the movie....but I like them all ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/07/05 at 4:14 pm

John Candy was in Home Alone??  The same one starring Macauley Culkin?  Did he play one of the various relatives?

He was the one the gave Kevin's mom a ride home.

~Beth

Written By: Howard on 06/07/05 at 5:08 pm

Uncle Buck
Who's Harry Crumb?

Written By: jiminy on 06/07/05 at 5:17 pm

Stripes

Dewey Oxburger: Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem.

Sergeant Hulka is on the ground after getting blown off of a tower
Dewey Oxburger: Sergeant, does this mean we're through for the day?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/25/05 at 6:32 pm

Home Alone
National Lampoons Vacation
Uncle Buck
Great outdoors

Check for new replies or respond here...