inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I found the Fountain of Youth!

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:22 pm

I saw Billy Idol two weeks ago and it changed my life. I feel sassy and cute and my skin looks better - I could pass for 29!! Thanks Billy Idol!

Subject: Re: I found the Fountain of Youth!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:36 pm

I saw Billy Idol two weeks ago and it changed my life. I feel sassy and cute and my skin looks better - I could pass for 29!! Thanks Billy Idol!

Can I ask who Billy Idol is?

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:38 pm

Wow, that really hurt. I am sad now.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:39 pm

Why did I say something to offend you?

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:41 pm

Not to be rude...but Billy Idol!!! He's an aging rock star of 80's!! "White Wedding," "Rebel Yell" and all that? He's that old guy who has the song "Scream."

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:45 pm

OMG I so know what you are talking about now Im sorry!  I have a CD of his I think....He is really cool!

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:50 pm

Oh, thank goodness! I was gonna cry. Ok, I was gonna pout - just a little. I was like "OMG, I just signed on and already - a 'dis'ing or misunderstanding - and I'm just trying to bond with complete strangers!" Wow, I just totally put it into perspective for myself.

Thanks!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:52 pm

LOL did you like see him in concert or am I misunderstanding?

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:54 pm

Oh, yeah - I saw him in concert. I went with my best friend from my childhood. It was really awesome. We were screaming and dancing in the aisles. It was great. The last show I had seen was Peter Murphy - the week my child was conceived three years ago.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:56 pm

okay TMI....just kidding!  That sounds awesome!  Where did you see him?

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 9:57 pm

Peter Murphy or Billy Idol? Both in NY.

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 9:58 pm

I meant Billy Idol and that is awesome!  I take it you were a teen in the 80's?

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 10:01 pm

I was a teen in the 80's. I graduated HS in 1991. I really loved the concept of the 80's. I loved Xanadu (in the very early 80's) - I roller skated constantly. I was very disappointed when HS turned out not to be a John Hughes movie. Did I mention I was very naiive?

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 10:02 pm

No you didnt mention that :).  I was born a year before you graduated from HS lol

Written By: annamommynous on 06/09/05 at 10:09 pm

Man...you never knew the 80's! The songs of your childhood are by Nirvana, Primus and (God forbid!) Hooty and the Blowfish! That's ok though - what does my kid have? No Doubt (wait! I like them), that girl who is famous but has no talent but she has a sister who is famous who has only a speck of talent (wait! there's more than one!) and...ummm...let's see - hell, I don't know. Oh, yeah - the Darkness!!! She'll be just fine!

Written By: Pink Kitty on 06/09/05 at 10:11 pm

Yeah for real!  There are a lot of dumb famous people in the 90's.  I like 80's music though...

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/05 at 3:52 am

8)

Hey AnnaMom, that sounds like a great experience. Billy seems like a pretty cool guy - I think he's in his late 40's now, but he hardly looks any different than 20 years ago!

BTW, Pink Kitty don't worry about not recognizing the name. I was born in late '81 and didn't know who he was until like 1994 (loved "Eyes without a Face" instantly - he should've done more rock ballads like this!). :)

As I pointed out in another thread, it's funny how alot of 80's music reminds me of the 90's, since that's when I "discovered" alot of it (well, I'd grown up on it anyway - my parents listened to it - but I started finding more of it on my own, from VH1 etc).

Check for new replies or respond here...