inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: GREYHOUND COACH TRAVEL

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/10/05 at 3:42 pm

I wanted to ask if any of you American folks here ever use GREYHOUND or Peter Pan coaches to travel around the US. I appreciate some people loathe that form of travel, but seriously I've met some really fantastic people as I travelled (and suffered cramped conditions) across to Memphis from NYC,  onto Cleveland and the East coast from Niagara/Toronto down to Washington DC and Philly.

Even the drivers have the coolest personalities - well most of them anyways    ;D ;D

PS. Why does the toilet always end up really seriously stinking the Hell out of the bus? I felt vomitty once cos' the only seats we could get were right next to the bog. (retches at the memory)

Subject: Re: GREYHOUND COACH TRAVEL

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/13/05 at 9:04 am

Another BANG

If no one replies to this again I know they don't want me here.

I'll delete the account to keep you all happy

Written By: jiminy on 06/13/05 at 9:25 am

used to take a short yellow bus to school
used greyhound to travel from Savannah GA to Columbia SC when I joined the Navy

Written By: Tam on 06/13/05 at 1:58 pm

I have a story to tell about the Greyhound bus lines.....

Too tired right now to get into it but I can assure you that it was not a pleasant experience.
I will definitely write more once I get the feeling back in my legs, arms, neck etc... Hahaha!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/05 at 2:08 pm

I have traveled by bus (don't remember the company-Trailways maybe?) I have travelled from Vermont to my mother's house in NY state. (switching buses in Albany, NY). I think the farther I have travelled by bus was from NY state to Cleaveland. It wasn't the most pleasent trip I have ever had but it wasn't the worse either. Personally, I perfer taking the train.

Cat

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/13/05 at 2:32 pm

Another BANG

If no one replies to this again I know they don't want me here.

I'll delete the account to keep you all happy

So I'll reply.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/13/05 at 5:04 pm

I wanted to ask if any of you American folks here ever use GREYHOUND or Peter Pan coaches to travel around the US. I appreciate some people loathe that form of travel, but seriously I've met some really fantastic people as I travelled (and suffered cramped conditions) across to Memphis from NYC,  onto Cleveland and the East coast from Niagara/Toronto down to Washington DC and Philly.

Even the drivers have the coolest personalities - well most of them anyways   ;D ;D

PS. Why does the toilet always end up really seriously stinking the Hell out of the bus? I felt vomitty once cos' the only seats we could get were right next to the bog. (retches at the memory)

I hate the bus for long hauls.  The train is better, but way more expensive,  The toilets stink cause you have
one for all the people on the bus, I work in construction and they have to give us one for every ten people, and I still walk to the nearest public toilet.  ::)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/13/05 at 5:20 pm

Many years ago I travelled with a good friend of mine on a Greyhound bus from San Francisco to New York City (and back).  It took 3 days each way...we went through 11 states and 9 bus drivers.  It was uncomfortable to say the least, but it was quite an adventure meeting the interesting characters along the way.  :D

Written By: Paul on 06/13/05 at 5:32 pm

It was uncomfortable to say the least, but it was quite an adventure meeting the interesting characters along the way.  :D

Sounds exactly like my daily commute (tho' without the interesting characters...!)

Written By: annamommynous on 06/13/05 at 9:04 pm

My cousin took the bus from Dallas, TX to my granddad's funeral in Tyler. By car it takes 1.5 hours, by bus it took 4. He said it was an experience everyone should have that and working retail.

Written By: jiminy on 06/13/05 at 9:15 pm

Thank God and Greyhound
by Roy Clark

I've made a small fortune and you squandered it all
You shamed me till I feel about one inch tall
But I thought I loved you and I hoped you would change
So I gritted my teeth and didn't complain.

Now you come to me with a simple goodbye
You tell me you're leaving but you won't tell me why
Now we're here at the station and you're getting on
And all I can think of is thank God and Greyhound you're gone

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone
I didn't know how much longer I could go on
Watching you take the respect out of me
Watching you make a total wreck out of me
That big diesel motor is a-playing my song
Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone
That load on my mind got lighter when you got on
That shiny old bus is a beautiful sight
With the black smoke a-rolling up around the taillight
It may sound kind-a cruel but I've been silent too long
Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone...

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/25/05 at 1:19 pm

I've done it a couple times from Flagstaff to Phoenix..not bad

Check for new replies or respond here...