inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sleep is the sex of the 00's....

Written By: annamommynous on 06/10/05 at 7:55 pm

What do you think? Talk amongst yoursleves...

Subject: Re: Sleep is the sex of the 00's....

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/10/05 at 7:58 pm

I'm going to sleep.

Written By: annamommynous on 06/10/05 at 7:58 pm

I'm going to sleep.

I feel sleepy, too. It's not even 9 pm. I am old.

Written By: annamommynous on 06/10/05 at 8:08 pm

What do you think? Talk amongst yoursleves...

I apologize for this lame posting. It was a ploy at getting a thread started without an idea to kick it off. Once again - sorry guys.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/10/05 at 8:14 pm

^ Don't worry, sometimes threads just need a "jumpstart" LOL.

I actually think the 2000's is a little less "sex-ish" than, say the 80's or even the 90's. More people seem to wait longer now - of course, maybe that's just my observation.

It's weird 'cause the 90's struck me as halfway inbetween - the grunge era of 1992-96 seemed a bit "anti-sex" in its music, yet there was more of it on TV shows and the like. Some of the 90's sitcoms would've probably been shocking to someone from 1980 even. ;)

Written By: NullandVoid on 06/10/05 at 10:54 pm

If the above statement is true, then I must definitely be an insomniac :(

I need sleep...a nice long rest...ahhh that'd be nice

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/11/05 at 12:13 am

Sleep is the sex of the 00s?

If that's true, then Brak musta been having a big O:

"*SNORE!* Man I love sleepin! *SSSSSNNOOOORE!*  I wish I could wake up so I could go back to sleep!"

Written By: Howard on 06/12/05 at 7:06 pm

If sleep is the sex of the 00's,I must be in need of sex OR more sleep. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/05 at 7:08 pm

Sigh.. another spam thread.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/12/05 at 7:56 pm

What the floop does this even mean?

~Beth ???

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/05 at 7:57 pm

Maybe it means this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/DanielWillEatYou.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/12/05 at 8:04 pm

Maybe it means this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/DanielWillEatYou.jpg

You know what, I think you're on to something!!!!!!!!

~Beth

Written By: annamommynous on 06/12/05 at 9:49 pm

Sigh.. another spam thread.

It's not a spam thread. I already apologized for even posting it - it is sooo lame. I am embarassed.

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/05 at 9:58 pm

It's not a spam thread. I already apologized for even posting it - it is sooo lame. I am embarassed.

You haven't seen this board.. people will TURN it into a spam thread.. without a specific purpose, everything turns to spam..

Written By: annamommynous on 06/12/05 at 10:00 pm

You haven't seen this board.. people will TURN it into a spam thread.. without a specific purpose, everything turns to spam..

Oh, I misunderstood the meaning of "spam." Yeah, it serves no purpose. I've seen you around the board in my luirkings. Nice to talk to you!

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/05 at 10:13 pm

Oh, I misunderstood the meaning of "spam." Yeah, it serves no purpose. I've seen you around the board in my luirkings. Nice to talk to you!

Nice to talk to you then, as well. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 06/12/05 at 10:27 pm

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Are you suggesting she's gonna delete her account too?

Written By: Apricot on 06/12/05 at 10:28 pm

Are you suggesting she's gonna delete her account too?

Pssht, naw. Just that some people post for a while.. then leave and seldom post again. However the duration of her stay.. may she enjoy it.

Aaaaand.. while I'm here, I might as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/YWN-Ed.jpg

Written By: C.NOIZE on 06/12/05 at 10:33 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/TheMoonandAntarctica/YWN-Ed.jpg

YES!!!  I've been wanting to do that forever, but never got around to it.  Instead, I made COLOWNED!!, which isn't as cool.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/13/05 at 12:10 am

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I never considered it spam myself - I always assumed you were just talking about Sex in the 2000's decade.

"Spamming" is basically posting 100% off-topic/meaningless stuff (which I have seen on other boards), but on here, people can pretty much make threads about any old thing -- significant or not, LOL -- so I wouldn't worry about it, hehe. Most of the "insignificant" ones are fun though, IMO.

Seriously though - I like all the threads you've started/replied to, if that helps any. :)

Written By: Apricot on 06/13/05 at 7:30 am

"Spamming" is basically posting 100% off-topic/meaningless stuff (which I have seen on other boards), but on here, people can pretty much make threads about any old thing -- significant or not, LOL -- so I wouldn't worry about it, hehe. Most of the "insignificant" ones are fun though, IMO.

On here, the "spam" goes to threads like "Bump Me!", "Longest Thread Ever" {though I admit, I use this one too}, and any thread that has no set purpose... Shoot, I consider even a bump spam. These boards, if not kept on track, they all become places where useless posts are created, you see. I don't care about one or two, but when we have as many useless boards as we do, it becomes a problem.

Written By: annamommynous on 06/13/05 at 7:23 pm

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I never considered it spam myself - I always assumed you were just talking about Sex in the 2000's decade.

Seriously though - I like all the threads you've started/replied to, if that helps any. :)

Thanks Marty McFly! I appreciate your kind words and I've enjoyed chatting with you too. I was dubbed "annoying" today on a child-related board whilst trying to hustle up some two year old playmates for my daughter. If you ever want to see  seriously snarky people who are just out to be rude 'coz it's anonymous check out www.urbanbaby.com.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/13/05 at 7:38 pm

On here, the "spam" goes to threads like "Bump Me!", "Longest Thread Ever" {though I admit, I use this one too}, and any thread that has no set purpose... Shoot, I consider even a bump spam. These boards, if not kept on track, they all become places where useless posts are created, you see. I don't care about one or two, but when we have as many useless boards as we do, it becomes a problem.

Yeah. I tend not to post in the "Bump me" kind of threads much, just for that reason - even if they are fun. I usually only bump a topic unless I have something new to add to the discussion.

Since I co-moderate another board myself, I know how out of hand this kind of thing can get sometimes, LOL.

Thanks Marty McFly! I appreciate your kind words and I've enjoyed chatting with you too.

Sure - thanks in return, and same for chatting with you! :)

I was dubbed "annoying" today on a child-related board whilst trying to hustle up some two year old playmates for my daughter. If you ever want to see seriously snarky people who are just out to be rude 'coz it's anonymous check out www.urbanbaby.com.

Yeah, some people are just that way - online or not. I'm the type that feels bad if I even disagree with someone publically, so I always try and apologize if I've upset anyone in the past!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/15/05 at 2:48 pm

..Hey someone pass me my fleecy blanket - I feel very tired...

zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Check for new replies or respond here...