inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "I had a totally bizarre dream last night and you were in it..."

Written By: annamommynous on 06/16/05 at 8:14 am

I am so addicted to this board. Has this board invaded anyone else's dreams?

Last night I dreamt I was in Wal*Mart and I saw CatWoman working in the back warehouse with furniture or something very large and heavy. She looked just like her avatar.

p.s. I have never spoken (typed) with CatWoman or anything. She stuck in my head 'caiuse she has the sexiest avatar!

p.p.s. No offense meant by placing her in a Wal*Mart.

Subject: Re: "I had a totally bizarre dream last night and you were in it..."

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/05 at 9:21 am

I had a dream that consisted of Jiminy and Howard....but I cannot remember the details of it, just that they were featured in it!!

Erin :)

Written By: karen on 06/16/05 at 9:25 am

Previously I have told people here of a dream I had where Rice Cube was driving a taxi taking me to a party somewhere.  I can't remember now if anyone else from the boards was in the dream.

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/05 at 10:11 am

I remember one where Bobby and Alcoholica ate MaxwellSmart.. I think. It's really hazy, that's what I remember..

I also had one, but all I remember was that an avatar for someone was a teacher of some sort.

Written By: Paul on 06/16/05 at 10:26 am

I remember one where Bobby and Alcoholica ate MaxwellSmart..

Probably much better taste than Bob's Cornish Pasties...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/16/05 at 11:58 am

Yes, some of the people from this board have invaded my dreams... :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/05 at 12:55 pm

I am so addicted to this board. Has this board invaded anyone else's dreams?

Last night I dreamt I was in Wal*Mart and I saw CatWoman working in the back warehouse with furniture or something very large and heavy. She looked just like her avatar.

p.s. I have never spoken (typed) with CatWoman or anything. She stuck in my head 'caiuse she has the sexiest avatar!

p.p.s. No offense meant by placing her in a Wal*Mart.

No offense taken but I don't "DO" WalMart.  I do feel honored that you would dream about me (and I am glad you like my avatar  ;))

To answer your question, the only member I have a dream about YET is Carlos for obvious reasons. Since you are fairly new and may not know it, Don Carlos is my husband.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/16/05 at 3:09 pm

I had a dream that consisted of Jiminy and Howard....but I cannot remember the details of it, just that they were featured in it!!

May I ask you Quirk what was I doing in your dreams? ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 06/16/05 at 3:56 pm

I've had a one or two, but can't quite remember them, and probably shouldn't  ;)  :D

Written By: Bobby on 06/16/05 at 4:43 pm

Probably much better taste than Bob's Cornish Pasties...

Ha ha! I presume there would be more meat in Maxwell Smart too.  ;D

I have had dreams about people on the board too but I have just dreamt about typing posts to them. I haven't got to the point of visualising anyone in my dreams yet - pity really.  :)

Apricot, I like my food but not quite reached cannibalism yet.  ;) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/05 at 10:19 pm

Honestly Howard, I don't remember....all I do remember is that you and Jiminy were in the dream.....couldn't tell you any of the details....sorry!

Written By: Apricot on 06/16/05 at 10:26 pm

Playing Battleship, DUHHH!!!!  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/17/05 at 1:09 am

i've had a few  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 06/17/05 at 1:45 am

Well, I don't think I've actually dreamt about anyone, but that Frozenfire/NotApricot or whatever his name is these days caused me to have a dream about paintball.  I hadn't played paintball in years, and it somehow came up in one of the threads and he mentioned that younger kids would try to shoot him in the eye..  well that night, I dreamt that people were trying to tag me in the eye.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/05 at 3:12 pm

Playing Battleship, DUHHH!!!!  ;D

She sunk my battleship! ;)

Written By: jiminy on 06/17/05 at 3:23 pm

She sunk my battleship! ;)

how? ???

Written By: Howard on 06/17/05 at 3:27 pm

how? ???

And you don't know? ;D ;)

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 3:30 pm

i've had a few  :)

I'll bet...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/17/05 at 3:32 pm

I'll bet...!!

;D

And how about you, Paul?  Huh?  Huh?  :D

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 3:37 pm

Oh, I can never remember any of my dreams, Karen...

It may sound like a cop-out of an answer, but it's true...as soon as I prise my eyes open...gone!

But I know I have 'em...I should really keep a pen and paper beside the bed for any sort of 'ideas' that arrive in the night!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/17/05 at 3:40 pm

Oh, I can never remember any of my dreams, Karen...

It may sound like a cop-out of an answer, but it's true...as soon as I prise my eyes open...gone!

But I know I have 'em...I should really keep a pen and paper beside the bed for any sort of 'ideas' that arrive in the night!

I know what you mean, as I tend to forget most of mine as well. 

Years ago I used to be good at remembering my dreams, but those days are gone... :-\\

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 3:42 pm

Years ago I used to be good at remembering my dreams, but those days are gone... :-\\

Oh no! Don't say that! That sounds all depressing, like...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/17/05 at 3:44 pm

Oh no! Don't say that! That sounds all depressing, like...

I know....I wish it weren't true!  :-\\

Written By: annamommynous on 06/17/05 at 3:49 pm

When I was younger I had wicked dreams. Probably because I slept ALL the time. They called it laziness. These days they call it depression. I was even able to have sequels to dreams - pick up where I left off.

Though, today I made a dream come true for myself. I bought a pair of roller skates!!! Now, I just have to make an awesome mix and get a babysitter.

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 3:50 pm

I know....I wish it weren't true!  :-\\

**Plays 'Hearts And Flowers' on imaginary violin and starts snivelling**

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/17/05 at 3:53 pm

**Plays 'Hearts And Flowers' on imaginary violin and starts snivelling**

Awwwwwww..... :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 06/17/05 at 3:59 pm

I'll bet...!!

ahem. ??? ;D

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 4:00 pm

ahem. ??? ;D

At least you can remember 'em...unlike me and young Karen!

Written By: Ripp on 06/18/05 at 10:34 am

I dunno if any of you have been in my dreams...oh i remember the one time in a dream, CatwomanofV was in it, and she was trying to persuade me that she really was a dog from mars...or something like that...and then a taxi came and she was all like, "Give me £10" to the taxi driver who gave her half a melted piece of plastic...i don't know WHY.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/05 at 11:15 am

Wow, all these people having dreams about me. Should I be honored or scared?  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/25/05 at 1:06 pm

I've had some dreams about people on here too...weird!

Written By: Howard on 06/25/05 at 5:38 pm

I've had some dreams about people on here too...weird!

Was I in your dream by any chance? ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/25/05 at 5:42 pm

I think I had a dream about Apricot, one time. I can't remember what it was about, though (And no, nothing like that, ya freaky bastards)

~Beth

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/06 at 4:51 pm

Ok. I had to search to find this thread because last night I dreamt that Carlos and I were in this room (in a small bed I might add) when we heard a phone ring. I then heard my brother in the other room say my name and came knocking on the door to tell me it the call was for me. When I got on the phone, to my surprised it was Indy Gent.  :o  I asked him a question and he didn't answer and I thought he may have hung up on me. Come to find out, the cord from the handset of the phone, came out. By the time I figured that out, another phone rang. Two of my sister's came into the room with this fancy phone and said something about a phone call for room 402 (whatever the hell that meant). It was Indy again. He told me that he was in either North or South Carolina on his honeymoon. I looked at Carlos and said that we were on our honeymoon, too. That is all I can remember. I still haven't figured out how he got the number of even my name-because he did ask for me by my real name-not Cat.  :o :o

Cat

Written By: JohnDenver on 06/14/06 at 6:49 pm

Just a few years ago I tried to control my dreams. Seriously, if you concentrate hard enough, you can influence events in your dreams... Although doing this usually causes you to wake up more quickly. Anyway, a bit after that I stopped having dreams altogether...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/14/06 at 7:02 pm

Okay, I know this isn't the dream interpretation thread... but I'm freaking lazy, and I don't feel like searching for it.

About a month ago I had this dream...and two nights ago, I had it again.

I'm in this pool, and I'm floating underwater. There's this extremely happy elevator music playing, and there are people swimming all around me, while I remain in the same spot. As each person passes, they look me right in the eye and give me the most warm smile I've ever received. I blink very slowly, and when my eyes opened, all of the people that just smiled at me now have ropes around their necks and they're hanging underwater dead. The warm smiles remain on their faces, their eyes are rolled up in their head, and the elevator music contines to play. I keep thinking I want to be frightened, but instead, I get a strangely peaceful feeling.

I then wake up... scared sh!tless..!

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/14/06 at 7:16 pm

I had a dream where I walked into my sister's room and saw Beth and Justin in bed...

... sleeping!

There was one where I was stuck inside of a video game with Justin.. and I cut his head off, then I took a picture of Marsh, Andrew, Jusitn, and Beth.

There was one where I was at my old afterschool daycare, and Erin worked there.

There was one where Erin and Chris were babysitting Andrew and I... we went to a comic book shop, and Chris got a bit drunk and started pushing Andrew around, Andrew got mad.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/14/06 at 7:19 pm

Ok. I had to search to find this thread because last night I dreamt that Carlos and I were in this room (in a small bed I might add) when we heard a phone ring. I then heard my brother in the other room say my name and came knocking on the door to tell me it the call was for me. When I got on the phone, to my surprised it was Indy Gent.  :o  I asked him a question and he didn't answer and I thought he may have hung up on me. Come to find out, the cord from the handset of the phone, came out. By the time I figured that out, another phone rang. Two of my sister's came into the room with this fancy phone and said something about a phone call for room 402 (whatever the hell that meant). It was Indy again. He told me that he was in either North or South Carolina on his honeymoon. I looked at Carlos and said that we were on our honeymoon, too. That is all I can remember. I still haven't figured out how he got the number of even my name-because he did ask for me by my real name-not Cat.  :o :o

Cat

Psht, EVERYBODY knows your name!

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 7:45 am

Last night I had a dream.. I was in a pimp suit, but I think I was the president. Either way, my mom appeared halfway through the dream and scolded me for my inconsistencies in my dreams.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/15/06 at 2:30 pm

Okay, I know this isn't the dream interpretation thread... but I'm freaking lazy, and I don't feel like searching for it.

About a month ago I had this dream...and two nights ago, I had it again.

I'm in this pool, and I'm floating underwater. There's this extremely happy elevator music playing, and there are people swimming all around me, while I remain in the same spot. As each person passes, they look me right in the eye and give me the most warm smile I've ever received. I blink very slowly, and when my eyes opened, all of the people that just smiled at me now have ropes around their necks and they're hanging underwater dead. The warm smiles remain on their faces, their eyes are rolled up in their head, and the elevator music contines to play. I keep thinking I want to be frightened, but instead, I get a strangely peaceful feeling.

I then wake up... scared sh!tless..!

When you dream about death, it just means change. And dreaming about water/swimming means calm or calming. So, how I would interrept this dream is there is a change that may seem frightening, it is actually a peaceful change.

I hope this helps.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/15/06 at 2:32 pm

Was I in anyone's dream? ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/15/06 at 2:59 pm

I dreamed that I was at a party sititng on a couch with Tia and we had our feet up on the coffee table.  Pretty much the whole dream was us admiring my new shoes.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/15/06 at 5:17 pm

When you dream about death, it just means change. And dreaming about water/swimming means calm or calming. So, how I would interrept this dream is there is a change that may seem frightening, it is actually a peaceful change.

I hope this helps.

Cat

That actually makes sense at the moment...

Written By: Bobby on 06/15/06 at 5:39 pm

I haven't dreamt about anybody on the boards for some time.

Written By: Apricot on 06/15/06 at 5:58 pm

I had a dream once that my friend Fatty and I were injected with something, and Beth's family had the antidote.. so we set out to kill them.. and my piano teacher shot me with a gun full of gel.. which we found out was the antidote.. and then my dog did something. I forget the details, but Beth was there for some reason.

Written By: YWN on 03/05/07 at 10:31 pm

I'm bumping this, because I found it and this thread seems interesting.  However, I haven't dreamed about any of the forum members in months.  The last one I can recall was from last summer when I dreamed that Tubeway General and I were hanging out in my dad's bedroom and...singing Justin Timberlake.

Written By: Gis on 03/06/07 at 1:21 am

I haven't dreamt of forum members but I have dreamt I was eating the last two nights.  :P

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 8:20 am

I had a dream about Mike.. but I was on his couch, so I guess it's acceptable.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/15 at 10:30 am

Bump. (I think there was another thread like this one, too.)

Anyway, last night, I had a dream that Patty & went to look at houses and then we went out to lunch. As we were sitting in the restaurant, we started talking about WWII Japan.  ???  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

But, I slept GREAT.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...