inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the strangest/grossest thing you have ever eaten?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/05 at 10:25 pm

Ok guys...now keep it clean....but what is the strangest/grossest thing that you have ever eaten, that is not necessarily food?

I would have to say probably....chalk or glue/paste.....but oh wait, the very grossest thing was probably the cup of my uncle's chew/spit that I accidently drank when I was around 5, thinking it was pepsi...silly me :-\\

Erin :)

Subject: Re: What is the strangest/grossest thing you have ever eaten?

Written By: C.NOIZE on 06/16/05 at 10:45 pm

It took me five minutes to look this up from the "Last Thing You Ate Or Drank" thread (to get the exact combination of ingredients), but here it is:

A delightful concoction of water, Mountain Dew, and coffee grounds.  Needless to say, it was soon followed by a glass of water and a cookie.

And in case you're interested, that happened on April 16th of this year, and illustrates what band geeks will do when left to their own devices.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/05 at 10:55 pm

It took me five minutes to look this up from the "Last Thing You Ate Or Drank" thread (to get the exact combination of ingredients), but here it is:

A delightful concoction of water, Mountain Dew, and coffee grounds.  Needless to say, it was soon followed by a glass of water and a cookie.

And in case you're interested, that happened on April 16th of this year, and illustrates what band geeks will do when left to their own devices.  ;D

wow...that sounds like an interesting concoction! LOL!

Written By: scarletgail on 06/16/05 at 11:38 pm

when i was married well actually on my honeymoon  in carmel my ex and i were very drunk and we had stopped off and ate pizza and with left over box in hand we stumbled down the streets of carmel and decided to stop in for yet more to drink at clink eastwoods "hogs breath inn" so i hide my pizza box in the bushes out front and after a half  bottle of champagne we take the bottle with us and stumbled our way back to the motel. i had grabbed by left over pizza and was munching down on that in the night and when we walked into the motel room and turned on the lights there were tons and tons of ants all over my slice of pizza i was eating :o you never saw anyone spit out food as fast as i did but ya know they aren't too bad tasting ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 06/17/05 at 1:42 am

The grossest thing I have ever eaten (well, actually drank) was a soda, which I realized after taking one sip that people had been ashing and putting their cigarettes out in it.

Then there was the time I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat.  So I half-sleepwalked to the kitchen and sprayed what I thought was Chloraseptic, but turned out to be  an arthritis spray which is NOT supposed to be taken by mouth. (exact same shape of bottle as Chloraseptic)  Once I realized it wasn't Chloraseptic (this stuff tasted awful!) I was scared to go back to sleep because I didn't know if I had been poisoned.. I actually debated calling the Poison Control Center, but I didn't think I had actually swallowed much of it.  I ended up staying awake the whole rest of the night.

Written By: annamommynous on 06/17/05 at 3:57 pm

I drank of mouthful of vegetable oil once. The vegetable oil bottle and the apple juice bottle from the cheap-o grocery store look the same. My mom kept them in the same place in the pantry. I ran in from playing the hot Texas sun and took a long refreshing swig of oil!

Yuck!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/17/05 at 4:18 pm

Almost ate squid once....  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/05 at 4:24 pm

This really huge bug {I'm talking maybe 6 inches long} fell into my open mouth once, and basically forced it's way down my throat.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/17/05 at 4:36 pm

This really huge bug {I'm talking maybe 6 inches long} fell into my open mouth once, and basically forced it's way down my throat.

Eeeeeeew......  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/05 at 4:38 pm

Eeeeeeew......  ::)

It was awful, dude.. I mean, YUCK.

Written By: Cait Sith on 06/17/05 at 4:49 pm

The strangest/grossest thing i have eaten? Food-wise, it would have to be some random toffee-type cheesecake...it was extremely thick with toffee, and it was sickly! :P

The strangest/grossest thing i have eaten that isn't necessarily food is so gross, so disgusting, that not even I can bring myself to explain it, other than the fact that I was only told by my folks and my older bro :\'(

Written By: annamommynous on 06/17/05 at 6:06 pm

Dang.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/10/05 at 8:02 pm

has anyone ever eaten any chocolate covered insects?

Written By: Dagwood on 08/10/05 at 8:29 pm

A couple of weeks ago I took a huge swig of coffee.  I felt a lump in the coffee so I spit it out...it was a fly.  Bleah.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 08/10/05 at 8:37 pm

has anyone ever eaten any chocolate covered insects?

I've had a chocolate covered cicada, but unfortunately there was hardly any chocolate on it. But the grossest thing I've eaten was a live nightcrawler. It was out of a fishing bait container. My cousin said that if he ate one I had to also, and he did. The worst thing was I went to the freezer to get a popsicle to kill the taste, but my dad wouldn't let me because it was too close to dinner.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/10/05 at 10:59 pm

Once I had to eat raw garlic once as a dare and it messed up my breath for a week. Another time I unintentionally ate an ant as I was eating a sandwich and the ant tasted spicy by the way. Other than these I did eat boiled squid and octopus a couple of times...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/10/05 at 11:36 pm

This morning's coffee.

Yeck!  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/05 at 10:27 am

When I was about 7 or 8, I was at my childhood best friend's house. I was in her room when she came from the kitchen and offered me a cookie. I ate it and said to her that it didn't taste very good (as she was chowing down on it). Come to find out it was a dog biscuit.  :o  Some friend, huh? But she would eat them all the time. Go figure.

Cat

Written By: whitewolf on 08/11/05 at 10:36 am

I won't eat anything unless I know exactly whats in it.

Which reminds me, when you eat at a chinese restaurant, do not order bo-bo balls. trrust me on this one-I worked in a chinese restaurant. (You don't want to know what it really is)

Written By: jiminy on 08/11/05 at 11:32 am

When I was about 7 or 8, I was at my childhood best friend's house. I was in her room when she came from the kitchen and offered me a cookie. I ate it and said to her that it didn't taste very good (as she was chowing down on it). Come to find out it was a dog biscuit.  :o  Some friend, huh? But she would eat them all the time. Go figure.

Cat

the bone shape should of tipped you off   ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/05 at 11:39 am

the bone shape should of tipped you off   ;D

Like I said, I was only 7 or 8 and never had a dog before so I never knew what a dog biscuit even looked like at that time.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/11/05 at 3:34 pm

Chocolate covered cow's balls. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/11/05 at 3:36 pm

A friend of my mom's was eating at Kings Family Restaurant and she bit into her burger and ate half of a rat's head that was IN HER BURGER!! She was so traumatized that she had to go to therapy, she can't go out to eat anymore, and she had to eat soft things for over a year!

Written By: jiminy on 08/11/05 at 3:40 pm

Chocolate covered cow's balls. ;D

did you lick the chocolate off of them first?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/11/05 at 3:41 pm

did you lick the chocolate off of them first?  ;D

No. ;D

I'm just kidding.I would never touch that stuff. :P

Written By: jiminy on 08/11/05 at 3:45 pm

No. ;D

I'm just kidding.I would never touch that stuff. :P

you might please a bull if you did  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/11/05 at 3:52 pm

you might please a bull if you did  ;D

That's gross :P ::)

Written By: jiminy on 08/11/05 at 4:03 pm

That's gross :P ::)

http://www.webpagecur.com/diamond/bo_ke_ice_cream.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/05 at 5:12 pm

A friend of my mom's was eating at Kings Family Restaurant and she bit into her burger and ate half of a rat's head that was IN HER BURGER!! She was so traumatized that she had to go to therapy, she can't go out to eat anymore, and she had to eat soft things for over a year!

EWWWWWW. I would probably be traumatized too.

Cat

Written By: Zella on 08/11/05 at 9:03 pm

When I was about 14 I was visiting with some friends who lived with their grandmother. She asked if we would like some hamburgers for lunch, and I, envisioning some hot juicy thing on a bun with mustard, ketchup and pickles, said yes. Well, she brought down these flat cold unidentified meat sandwiches on squashed Wonderbread, with some sort of white sauce smeared on them (like mayonnaise gone wrong). It was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted in my whole life and I had to choke down every bit of it so as to not insult my friends or their grandmother.... :( :P

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/11/05 at 11:46 pm

When I was about 14 I was visiting with some friends who lived with their grandmother. She asked if we would like some hamburgers for lunch, and I, envisioning some hot juicy thing on a bun with mustard, ketchup and pickles, said yes. Well, she brought down these flat cold unidentified meat sandwiches on squashed Wonderbread, with some sort of white sauce smeared on them (like mayonnaise gone wrong). It was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted in my whole life and I had to choke down every bit of it so as to not insult my friends or their grandmother.... :(

Ah !  Had it been now and not the early 70s you could sue their a$$es for emotional distress and a whole bunch of other irrelevant things  :)

Written By: Jessica on 08/12/05 at 3:00 am

Strangest thing I've ever eaten was jellyfish at my husband's grandparent's apartment. It was actually really good.

Grossest thing would be a tie between the time I was eating cereal and discovered an infestation of ants in it AFTER taking a giant mouthful and the chicken feet my husband forced me to taste at the Chinese restaurant. :P

Written By: goodsin on 08/12/05 at 12:11 pm

A friend & I once tried to swallow a live fish each when fishing. He managed to swallow his straight away, got mine halfway down my throat then threw it back up- the taste of fish slime & scales was disgusting, took hours to get rid of...

It's quite a common practise amongst freshwater anglers to use maggots as bait- these are farmed specially for the purpose. In winter, the maggots go comatose (i.e. don't wriggle)- the best way to cure this is to hold them in your mouth for a bit until they come back to life. I've done it a few times, gross...

We used to have a regular customer on my dad's boat, who always used to nick my dad's sandwiches when he's finished his own. We prepared some special sandwiches for him- filled with canned dog food- we sat & watched him eat the lot, then watched him despatch them over the side when we told him the contents!

I once saw an autistic guy I was taking care of eat something really gross. I caught him in the act of masturbating, using 2 live snails (I kid you not). When he realised I'd spotted him, he threw them both in his mouth & chewed them up!

My mother once force-fed me soap to deter swearing. IT DIDN'T F***ING WORK!  ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...