inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sorry I've been Kinda "Anal" Lately....Here's Why

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/05 at 11:05 pm

I've been very grumpy lately....I mean I'm not usually one to be SO picky about the accuracy of posts. I've let recent events in my life effect me on the boards. I'd been fortunate enough to meet and work with a beautiful lady at a radio station. I was doing great until I met the program director and he asked me how I felt about the station slogan which was, "Colorado's only REAL Classic Rock"...so I told him I thought it was a bit much, meaning kinda snobby. I mean after all, there ARE other Classic Rock stations in the STATE! I suggested "Colorado Springs' Original Classic Rock Station" and that ticked him off, even though he ASKED my opinion! Anyway, Sherry backed me up and that brought some heat to her so to help her, I quit. She seemed to be doing alright but I learned last week that she quit as well. I FINALLY got a hold of her on the phone yesterday and she said that the guy was such an @ss that she decided it was time to get away from him as well. She's alright and secure with her decision. She also gets to spend more time with her family now...though I hope she decides to go back to radio sometime as I think she's an awesome DJ. SO, to all who I may have ticked off, please know that I am sincerely sorry.

Subject: Re: Sorry I've been Kinda "Anal" Lately....Here's Why

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/01/05 at 11:22 pm

Believe me, you and Sherry did the right thing by freeing yourselves from this tyrant. If it was me, I'd told the director "If you didn't like the answer I gave, why did you ask in the first place?" And when he fired me, I'd get a well-reputed lawyer.  What makes this fool the authority in classic rock anyway? He should have gotten help from his sales department. He isn't intelligent enough to do that. He'll be gone in a few months after next Neilsen figures. I'll bet the farm on that.

P.S.: Sherry is a very attractive lady.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/01/05 at 11:30 pm

Believe me, you and Sherry did the right thing by freeing yourselves from this tyrant. If it was me, I'd told the director "If you didn't like the answer I gave, why did you ask in the first place?" And when he fired me, I'd get a well-reputed lawyer.  What makes this fool the authority in classic rock anyway? He should have gotten help from his sales department. He isn't intelligent enough to do that. He'll be gone in a few months after next Neilsen figures. I'll bet the farm on that.

P.S.: Sherry is a very attractive lady.  ;)
Thanks Jonathan but we didn't wait to be fired...and yes, she is beautiful :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/02/05 at 12:16 am

Hey Mark, that sounds like a cr@ppy situation to be in - I don't blame you AT ALL for reacting as you did.

I resent snobs -- your ex-boss is a prime example of that it sounds like (if he asked for an opinion, don't get mad when it's honest! I'd rather have someone who was honest rather than falsifying the truth because it was "what I want to hear"). ;)

But yeah, I speak for myself too when I say it's human nature to feel for others in these situations. IMO you both did the right thing by giving him the heave-ho!

PS: Even though I'm a semi newbie (well, somewhere inbetween newbie and Intermediate now, I suppose!), I can truly tell you're a great guy - funny, nice, caring and all. So don't blame yourself for what happened at all. :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/02/05 at 1:13 am

It's quite sad how people seem to behave when put in a position of power.  :-\\ Glad you got out of the situation and hopefully he gets what he deserves.  >:(

Written By: jiminy on 07/02/05 at 1:38 am

I've been very grumpy lately....I mean I'm not usually one to be SO picky about the accuracy of posts. I've let recent events in my life effect me on the boards. I'd been fortunate enough to meet and work with a beautiful lady at a radio station. I was doing great until I met the program director and he asked me how I felt about the station slogan which was, "Colorado's only REAL Classic Rock"...so I told him I thought it was a bit much, meaning kinda snobby. I mean after all, there ARE other Classic Rock stations in the STATE! I suggested "Colorado Springs' Original Classic Rock Station" and that ticked him off, even though he ASKED my opinion! Anyway, Sherry backed me up and that brought some heat to her so to help her, I quit. She seemed to be doing alright but I learned last week that she quit as well. I FINALLY got a hold of her on the phone yesterday and she said that the guy was such an @ss that she decided it was time to get away from him as well. She's alright and secure with her decision. She also gets to spend more time with her family now...though I hope she decides to go back to radio sometime as I think she's an awesome DJ. SO, to all who I may have ticked off, please know that I am sincerely sorry.

just try being a bit more like me, i never tick anyone off ;)  ;D

PS: you're our favorite sphincter
  :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/02/05 at 3:25 am

What a jacka$$. What, was he so p*ssed off that your slogan was better than that tripe he was spouting that he had to act like a two year old? I hope he falls off of Pikes Peak. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 1:35 pm

What a jacka$$. What, was he so p*ssed off that your slogan was better than that tripe he was spouting that he had to act like a two year old? I hope he falls off of Pikes Peak. :)
Thanks Jess, but I've already invited Apricot's father to meet me there :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 1:37 pm

just try being a bit more like me, i never tick anyone off ;)  ;D

PS: you're our favorite sphincter
  :D
A sphinter says what? ;D ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 1:38 pm

It's quite sad how people seem to behave when put in a position of power.  :-\\ Glad you got out of the situation and hopefully he gets what he deserves.  >:(
Yeah I think Karma will get him someday ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 1:52 pm

Hey Mark, that sounds like a cr@ppy situation to be in - I don't blame you AT ALL for reacting as you did.

I resent snobs -- your ex-boss is a prime example of that it sounds like (if he asked for an opinion, don't get mad when it's honest! I'd rather have someone who was honest rather than falsifying the truth because it was "what I want to hear"). ;)

But yeah, I speak for myself too when I say it's human nature to feel for others in these situations. IMO you both did the right thing by giving him the heave-ho!

PS: Even though I'm a semi newbie (well, somewhere inbetween newbie and Intermediate now, I suppose!), I can truly tell you're a great guy - funny, nice, caring and all. So don't blame yourself for what happened at all. :)
What can I say, he's an idiot. I originally quit to protect Sherry but she also realized how the station was coming off as really condescending. Weird thing is, the other Classic Rock station here...the good one...is the one I tried to get a job with last yearbut they wan't us to just be button pushers. Now they've revamped, so once Sherry is ready to go back into it we may try as a team :)

Marty, thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate them
;)

Written By: Bobby on 07/02/05 at 1:53 pm

Sounds like he has an attitude problem, Mark. I think you both did right to get out of there. Sometimes you've got to think about your well-being before your career.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/02/05 at 1:57 pm

Glad you left, the boss sounds like a douche bag.......  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 2:05 pm

Sounds like he has an attitude problem, Mark. I think you both did right to get out of there. Sometimes you've got to think about your well-being before your career.

Glad you left, the boss sounds like a douche bag....... ::)
Thanks Rob...and Jamie, you're right!

Written By: Howard on 07/02/05 at 2:28 pm

Are you feeling any better Mark? :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/02/05 at 2:32 pm

Are you feeling any better Mark? :)
Yep, thanks Howard :)

Check for new replies or respond here...