inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It is exactly...

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/04/05 at 12:39 pm

one month till my birthday!  yay!

Subject: Re: It is exactly...

Written By: Paul on 07/04/05 at 2:26 pm

...and I still don't know what to get you...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/05 at 2:55 pm

...a virtual birthday present?

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 3:31 pm

Puppies?  :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/04/05 at 7:30 pm

...one month and 3 days til my birthday!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 1:33 am

...one day away, for when the Olympic Committee will decide on the 2012 Olympics.

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 1:58 am

...one day away, for when the Olympic Committee will decide on the 2012 Olympics.

How d'you feel about this, Philip Eno? Are you in favour of London hosting the Olympics?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 2:01 am

How d'you feel about this, Philip Eno? Are you in favour of London hosting the Olympics?
I do not mind London getting the Olympics, but it will be the population of London that will be paying for the construction and costs, not the whole of the UK!

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 2:24 am

I do not mind London getting the Olympics, but it will be the population of London that will be paying for the construction and costs, not the whole of the UK!

Not so good if you live in London, I suppose. I personally think it's laughable that Blair is prepared to spend millions updating the services to feed his ego by hosting the Olympics, but won't spend the money now, when we are desperately crying out (particularly) for improvements to public transport in London.

It is exactly....ludicrous!  :D

Written By: karen on 07/05/05 at 3:39 am

off topic: I reckon the Olympics should be held in Paris.  Near enough for those interested to go and watch but we don't get the bill!!

on topic: it is exactly..... 9 days till Bastille Day

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 5:42 am

...22 minutes until my lunch break. Yep, let the French have the Olympics, I say- you're exactly right, those from the UK that inclined to watch such an event live can just hop on Eurostar!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/05 at 5:55 am

...10:53pm.

Written By: Paul on 07/05/05 at 7:03 am

Our 'wonderful' newt-loving leader has gone on record as saying it will cost all households in London an extra 38p per week for the next six years...

Knowing this GLA's previous track record in bureaucracy and love of wasting anyone's cash but their own, you watch that figure escalate should we ever get the thing...

It is now exactly five hours until I can go home...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/05 at 10:09 am

...179 days left of the year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 10:56 am

Not so good if you live in London, I suppose. I personally think it's laughable that Blair is prepared to spend millions updating the services to feed his ego by hosting the Olympics, but won't spend the money now, when we are desperately crying out (particularly) for improvements to public transport in London.

It is exactly....ludicrous!  :D
I will be happy if us Londoners will be giving free tickets to the events, as us Londoners are paying for it all!

But I doubt it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 10:59 am

Our 'wonderful' newt-loving leader has gone on record as saying it will cost all households in London an extra 38p per week for the next six years...

Knowing this GLA's previous track record in bureaucracy and love of wasting anyone's cash but their own, you watch that figure escalate should we ever get the thing...

It is now exactly five hours until I can go home...
38p per week for the next six years:

works out at £118.56, doesn't sound so bad now, but the whole of the UK should contribute, whats happened to the National Lottery funding?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/14/05 at 8:27 am

...1 day until Saturday.  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/14/05 at 9:12 am

I hope you like cheese

Check for new replies or respond here...