inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taxation - we all love it don't we?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/05/05 at 1:57 am

Australia has a financial year that goes from July to June, we have recently made it easier for everybody...

This is how it is done is Australia  ;D ;D ;D

Subject: Re: Taxation - we all love it don't we?

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 2:07 am

LOL! I can see the UK gov following suit very shortly- although our form will have a clause in small print, stating that "Reading this form constitutes allowing the UK government to waste your money anyway they damn well like!"  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/05/05 at 2:23 am

LOL! I can see the UK gov following suit very shortly- although our form will have a clause in small print, stating that "Reading this form constitutes allowing the UK government to waste your money anyway they darn well like!"  ;D

Too true unfortunately.  :-\\

Apparently, these ID badges the government are thinking about getting everybody to buy are going to be more expensive than they bargained for. I'm sure a lot of tax will get dumped into that 'social experiment'.  ::)

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 2:42 am

Too true unfortunately.  :-\\

Apparently, these ID badges the government are thinking about getting everybody to buy are going to be more expensive than they bargained for. I'm sure a lot of tax will get dumped into that 'social experiment'.  ::)

Without wanting to wander too far off topic, I think the ID card scheme is a load of b****cks. I don't want one, certainly won't carry one at all times; the reasons the government give for introducing them are spurious at best, blatant lies at worst, which makes me wonder what exactly their ulterior motive is. As a taxpayer, this is yet another example of the government wasting my input on policies I don't approve of!  >:( Grrr!

Written By: Bobby on 07/05/05 at 3:12 am

Without wanting to wander too far off topic, I think the ID card scheme is a load of b****cks. I don't want one, certainly won't carry one at all times; the reasons the government give for introducing them are spurious at best, blatant lies at worst, which makes me wonder what exactly their ulterior motive is. As a taxpayer, this is yet another example of the government wasting my input on policies I don't approve of!  >:( Grrr!

It makes you wonder what goes in these people's heads. If terrorism is going to occur, ID badges are not going to stop it and I am inclined to agree with you.  :)

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 5:54 am

It makes you wonder what goes in these people's heads. If terrorism is going to occur, ID badges are not going to stop it and I am inclined to agree with you.  :)

Terrorism, illegal immigration, identity theft. An ID card will stop none of these; all the government need to do is install a series of card swipes at key points & they'll be able to monitor our movements. I believe, if they are introduced, it won't be long before finance info can be processed via the card, for instance for road tolls or something similar- this will then lead to further integration of government/ finance systems, with ultimately the government having access to bank systems, leading to a capacity to monitor a very large part of a citizen's existence...spooky. I can't think of any good reason for the gov to introduce them at this point, I think it's a backdoor method of having a national biometric database- they couldn't get compulsory DNA testing through via the police, so this is as near as they can get, currently.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/05 at 6:07 am

^ Sounds like a good conversation for the CP&RT board.  ;)

Australia has a financial year that goes from July to June, we have recently made it easier for everybody...

This is how it is done is Australia ;D ;D ;D

Sounds awfully similar to our system down here.  ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/05/05 at 7:05 am

LOL! I can see the UK gov following suit very shortly- although our form will have a clause in small print, stating that "Reading this form constitutes allowing the UK government to waste your money anyway they darn well like!"  ;D

Eh?!  I thought they already did...

Here's a sample of one of our forms... and there's plenty more at the same site, if you fancy a grin...

Written By: Bobby on 07/05/05 at 7:24 am

Eh?!  I thought they already did...

Here's a sample of one of our forms... and there's plenty more at the same site, if you fancy a grin...

That is way funny, Paul.  ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/05/05 at 7:29 am

That is way funny, Paul.  ;D

I thought it may raise a smile from you with the 'joy' you've been having from 'em of late, Bob...!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/05 at 1:15 pm

This is how it is done is Australia  ;D ;D ;D

Not just in Australia. I saw this same thing here in the U.S. about 20 years ago.

Cat

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/05/05 at 11:14 pm

Not just in Australia. I saw this same thing here in the U.S. about 20 years ago.
Cat

Well, it was just a joke, not a competition....  :o

Written By: Bobby on 07/06/05 at 1:07 am

I thought it may raise a smile from you with the 'joy' you've been having from 'em of late, Bob...!

Ha ha! The forms are realistically portrayed. Very clever.  8) ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/05 at 12:29 pm

Well, it was just a joke, not a competition....  :o

I know. I am just saying that it is same everywhere.

Cat

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/09/05 at 2:00 am

And when you dont send it - expect a call from me !

I am feeling quite good at my job this week - I actually made a member of the russian mafia cry.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/09/05 at 2:46 am

And when you dont send it - expect a call from me !

I am feeling quite good at my job this week - I actually made a member of the russian mafia cry.

I thought of you when I posted this  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/09/05 at 10:23 am

I love it, BMG ;D

That form looks very similar to the Utah State Tax form. ;)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/09/05 at 11:56 pm

I thought of you when I posted this :)

hehe I thought as much.

I love it, BMG ;D

Is it wrong that I get this much pleasure outa my job ?? hehehehehe  Mafiaman owes us more than 1.5mil. I cut off his access to his bank accounts this week and he actually cried on the phone because he couldnt get $200 out.  My heart bled...................hmmmmmmmmm ok not really !!  next week I sell his pleasure cruiser and 4 of his "spare" homes.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/10/05 at 1:36 pm

It is great you can find pleasure in your job.  I would enjoy that, too.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...