inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I hate shaving.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/12/05 at 7:25 pm

(I need to start posting in PPP more again!)

Anyway, long story short: I have to shave like twice a day at least (it's progressively gone from bad to worse since I was 15) and would love a more "permanent" way to get rid of it, preferably from the roots.

With all due respect to myself, stubble or facial hair just totally does NOT look good on me, LOL. ;)

I've tried several of those drugstore hair removal products (eg: Nair) and none have worked almost at all. However I did see this more expensive one -- which has been advertized on TV -- called Nads (*insert Beavis & Butthead-esque laugh here* :D), but I'm kinda reluctant to blow more money on something that may or may not work.

Advice or suggestions?

Subject: Re: I hate shaving.

Written By: Apricot on 07/12/05 at 7:27 pm

TWICE A DAY?  :o Wow.

Written By: MooRocca on 07/12/05 at 8:24 pm

Anyway, long story short: I have to shave like twice a day at least (it's progressively gone from bad to worse since I was 15) and would love a more "permanent" way to get rid of it, preferably from the roots.

With all due respect to myself, stubble or facial hair just totally does NOT look good on me, LOL. ;)

I've tried several of those drugstore hair removal products (eg: Nair) and none have worked almost at all. However I did see this more expensive one -- which has been advertized on TV -- called Nads (*insert Beavis & Butthead-esque laugh here* :D), but I'm kinda reluctant to blow more money on something that may or may not work.

Advice or suggestions?

Electrolysis is the only method of permanent removal.  You'd need several sessions as they can do only so much area of your skin, at a time, and it's not recommended if you're prone to keloids. (sp?)  Some areas may require more than one session, but once it's worked on a hair follicle, that hair follicle will never grow hair again -- ever. 

The only two decent hair removal methods out there are to shave it or shock it, depending on how permanent you want it to be.

Don't waste your money on Nads (or cold wax or any other "slap it on and rip it out by the roots" method.)  Nads is  basically just a thick sticky goo that you slather on and then yank off... presumably yanking out all of your hairs with it.  Couple of problems with that... the most obvious is best stated thusly:  YEOWWWWWWWWWW!  

If that's not enough for you,  it doesn't pull out ALL of the hairs -- just enough of them  to make you wish you hadn't tried Nads, so you're going to have to shave that raw, painful skin, immediately after getting all the goo off your face AND, you can't use it on 5 o'clock shadow... your hairs have to be long enough to be fully embedded and entangled in the goo, so you're going to have to let it grow out... quite a bit... at least a few days... before the first application and between subsequent applications. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/12/05 at 9:09 pm

The thing that sucks about being man, is shaving your face, it's not fun...

Heh, heh, heh, he said Nads
Yeah, Butthead.... Nads!

;D

http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/french/beauty/products/body_care/images/nads.jpg

Written By: Marian on 07/12/05 at 9:18 pm

Advice or suggestions?

Written By: Marian on 07/12/05 at 9:19 pm

Yeah, Butthead.... Nads!

;D

Hey,in Australia it probably doiesn't mean what it does in America!

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/12/05 at 9:20 pm

Hey MooRocca, thanks for the tip. Looks like I can save 20 bucks now. :)

I'll probably save up for Electrolosys at some point - like I said, the "shadow" just doesn't mesh with my look.

TWICE A DAY? :o Wow.

Once will do pretty much, but twice to get it perfect (like early in the morning then again before going to bed, etc).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/12/05 at 9:21 pm

I probally don't want to know what it means....  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/12/05 at 9:26 pm

LOL, that's what I was thinking. ;D

British slang varies from American too (eg, "chips" are french fries) so maybe Nads in Australian means something (loosely) to do with shaving. I wonder if anyone has told them what it really means! ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/12/05 at 10:43 pm

I shave once a week (should be every 2 days) and by then by face almost has a full-grown beard.  :o

Someone of my stature (rather small) should not have a full beard.  :D

Written By: jaytee on 07/12/05 at 10:47 pm

It does :o  We think the name is just as hilarious ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/12/05 at 10:49 pm

Yeah, Butthead.... Nads!

;D

Ever tryed to shave your nads?  :o :-X (Or use Nads on your nads)  :-X

Ive said too much...  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/12/05 at 10:51 pm

I use these little wax strips made by Sally Hansen...I use them for my eye brows, etc...they seem to work pretty good!

Erin :)

Written By: karen on 07/13/05 at 3:29 am

Martyt

As I understand it the more you shave facial hair the more you are going to need to.  I know my dad persuaded my brothers to leave their "bum fluff" for as long as possible before starting shaving.

Do you wet shave or use an electric razor?  My husband reckons electric razor don't shave as close.  He wets shaves every morning and will on occasion use the electric razor if we are going out in the evening.  Otherwise I just have to put up with the scratches.

Written By: Gis on 07/13/05 at 3:38 am

Martyt

As I understand it the more you shave facial hair the more you are going to need to.  I know my dad persuaded my brothers to leave their "bum fluff" for as long as possible before starting shaving.

Do you wet shave or use an electric razor?  My husband reckons electric razor don't shave as close.  He wets shaves every morning and will on occasion use the electric razor if we are going out in the evening.  Otherwise I just have to put up with the scratches.
My other half also swears by wet shaving rather than using an electric razor. You shouldn't really use any hair removal product on your face unless it says you can on the packet, beard hairs are not the same as leg hairs !

Written By: Bobby on 07/13/05 at 3:41 am

TWICE A DAY?  :o Wow.

Tee hee. That's what I thought too. I can get away with about two days or so without shaving usually. Stubble doesn't look too bad on me so I get away with going without for about three days.  :)

Oh! Apricot. Take these people's advice. Don't shave at the age of 15!  ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/13/05 at 6:11 am

Martyt

As I understand it the more you shave facial hair the more you are going to need to. I know my dad persuaded my brothers to leave their "bum fluff" for as long as possible before starting shaving.

Do you wet shave or use an electric razor? My husband reckons electric razor don't shave as close. He wets shaves every morning and will on occasion use the electric razor if we are going out in the evening. Otherwise I just have to put up with the scratches.

Actually both - I use those "3 bladed disposable" ones on a daily basis, but I have a cheapie electric too. Sucker only runs on batteries - and I don't think it ever gets tired of having them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! ;D

The 'wet shaving' overall works better. People have told me the electrics cause ingrown hairs, which seems to be true - even though it is easier!

Seriously though, thanks all for the advice! :)

(Does anyone know roughly how much it costs to get it root removed at a salon or something?)

Written By: Paul on 07/13/05 at 6:59 am

Urgh! Shaving! What a burden...

Back in the day, I couldn't wait to start...it was one of those last barriers of childhood gone and I vividly remember hacking off my first bit of 'fuzz' and promptly making my face look like a butcher's shop window!

Not that I had much of a chance, my old man only used those 'fixed head' razors (very popular in the Boer War...)

I would grow a full set of whiskers, but I end up looking like a chewed rat!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/13/05 at 8:06 am

I hate it, what a pain in the backside it is  >:(

Shaving should be blown up  :P

Written By: Gis on 07/13/05 at 9:23 am

Ah, but at least vanity doesn't mean you have to shave some of the area's women have to shave !
Do you remember how insane all the magazines and news channels went that time Julia Roberts showed up at a movie premiere with hairy armpits you'd think she'd commited a mortal sin for all the fuss they made ! 

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/13/05 at 9:28 am

I have stopped saving my face for 3 years now because of my skin condition, laziness, and the fact that a lot of people like my beard. 3 blade and bumper shavers are probably the worst for skin. And electric shavers are definitely irritating (I won't even use the saver that dispenses Nivea cream because of getting my fave more oily, which it plenty is already). I might consider the electric 3-blade Turbo once, just as long as it doesn't bleed my face raw. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/05 at 9:53 am

Hubby keeps switching and his latest is the (Mach 4?)...anyhoo, the one with 4 blades and just the head is disposable.  Also, using a good shaving cream can help a bit.

AFA having it waxed at a salon, it varies.  At my local salon in IL, I believe it runs about $50, but like MooRocca said with the Nads stuff, you have to have some regrowth for the wax to catch. 

that's what my husband uses too...he seems to like it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/13/05 at 10:10 am

Electrolysis is the only method of permanent removal.  You'd need several sessions as they can do only so much area of your skin, at a time, and it's not recommended if you're prone to keloids. (sp?)  Some areas may require more than one session, but once it's worked on a hair follicle, that hair follicle will never grow hair again -- ever. 

Electrolysis doesn't necessarily work. I had it done for about 2 and 1/2 years-going in something like once every 4-6 weeks. One place (that I will not mention) did work. But my chin didn't. So now I STILL have to get waxed.  >:(

FYI, hair grows faster in the summer.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 07/13/05 at 10:15 am

I love the way my hair grows... rather then thickening, my sideburns just get longer and longer and longer.. I wanted to wait until the point they were dangling off my head before I shaved.. but I haven't.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/05 at 11:09 am

Hence beards?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/13/05 at 12:15 pm

Hence beards?

My hubby has a mustache and goatee...uses a self-cleaning Braun electric shaver for the other areas of his face.  Fortunately with his job, he can get by without having to shave every single day.

Written By: Apricot on 07/13/05 at 12:17 pm

My hubby has a mustache and goatee...uses a self-cleaning Braun electric shaver for the other areas of his face.  Fortunately with his job, he can get by without having to shave every single day.

My father has a goatee sort of thing.. he only has to trim it every few days.. probably one out of four.

Written By: tv on 07/13/05 at 12:21 pm

I hate shaving but I have to shave every day. I have a job where you have to look clean cut every day. No beards or go-t's allowed. I hate shaving becayse be time a wake it looks like I am a growing a mustache. I don't like mustache's either. I can grow a beard in 3 days. I can't go a day without shaving.

Written By: goodsin on 07/13/05 at 12:29 pm

I love the way my hair grows... rather then thickening, my sideburns just get longer and longer and longer.. I wanted to wait until the point they were dangling off my head before I shaved.. but I haven't.  ;D

Wouldn't you look like an Amish person if you did that, Apricot?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/13/05 at 1:02 pm

Oh my gosh, that'd be AWESOME!!!  ;D

~Beth

Written By: Paul on 07/13/05 at 2:14 pm

Ah, but at least vanity doesn't mean you have to shave some of the area's women have to shave !

There's true...I couldn't imagine doing my legs!

Do you remember how insane all the magazines and news channels went that time Julia Roberts showed up at a movie premiere with hairy armpits you'd think she'd commited a mortal sin for all the fuss they made !   

Certainly do, and certainly remember my first trip to Czechoslovakia...

Some of the ladies 'pits there could have put some gorillas to shame...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/13/05 at 2:22 pm

There's true...I couldn't imagine doing my legs!

Just like us ladies can't imagine doing our faces!!  :D

Certainly do, and certainly remember my first trip to Czechoslovakia...

Some of the ladies 'pits there could have put some gorillas to shame...!!

:o ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/13/05 at 2:25 pm

Just like us ladies can't imagine doing our faces!!  :D

You've obviously not seen some of the ladies I've been involved with...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/13/05 at 2:27 pm

You've obviously not seen some of the ladies I've been involved with...!!

Oh, why did you have to paint that picture for me?!!  ::) :P

Written By: Apricot on 07/13/05 at 2:29 pm

Wouldn't you look like an Amish person if you did that, Apricot?

Yeah, I guess.. but I want to try it.. but my mom said I'm not allowed to look like Jesus, Satan, or the Amish.  ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/13/05 at 2:30 pm

Oh, why did you have to paint that picture for me?!!  ::) :P

Touche for the 'Lady In Red' episode yesterday...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/13/05 at 2:30 pm

Touche for the 'Lady In Red' episode yesterday...!!

Alright, we're even now!!  ;D ;)

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/13/05 at 2:32 pm

Thanks to my skin condition the hair follicles on my legs have been rendered well...Null and Void. No shaving for me ;D on my legs at least.

Written By: Paul on 07/13/05 at 3:24 pm

I hate it, what a pain in the backside it is  >:(

Er...you're only supposed to be doing your face, Luke...!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/13/05 at 3:26 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/13/05 at 5:48 pm

I've been shaving just about every day but it's been hurting like hell. :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/14/05 at 6:53 am

Shaving is pure evil... I've only been doing it for 3-4 years and I'm ready to quit.  :-\\

Written By: Paul on 07/14/05 at 6:59 am

ROFLMAO!!!!!  ;D

Rolf Mayo strikes again!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/14/05 at 7:12 am

LOL  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/14/05 at 3:30 pm

I shave just about every day.When do people here shave?

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 3:43 pm

I shave just about every day.When do people here shave?

when the moon is full

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/14/05 at 4:03 pm

Grah, i hate doing it. I didn't for about 3 months and it tickled like crazy. So now i go the whole hog, i shave off my sideburns as well.

I found some great stuff from a shop called 'Lush' (sounds a bit fruity i know) in Leicester that kinda, softened it all up so i could go a few days without, but they don't sell it here in the states.

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 4:15 pm

I haven't shaved for two weeks, I think i'll have to use dad's weed eater  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/14/05 at 4:18 pm

I shave legs, underarms, etc...like every 3 to 4 days. I am Italian and my hair is darker...so I can't get away with stubble like some people with lighter hair can do.

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 4:19 pm

Grah, i hate doing it. I didn't for about 3 months and it tickled like crazy. So now i go the whole hog, i shave off my sideburns as well.

I found some great stuff from a shop called 'Lush' (sounds a bit fruity i know) in Leicester that kinda, softened it all up so i could go a few days without, but they don't sell it here in the states.

check out the song "The Notion Of Perfect by Mirrorthrone" drum beats faster the a male rabbit in heat with some cool female vocalizing over male death vocals (insert satan smiley)  :D

Written By: jiminy on 07/14/05 at 4:31 pm

see, I really do hate shaving, it seems i also hate using a comb   ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/14/05 at 7:13 pm

I shave every 3/4 days (before work usually on a Thursday and a Monday)... stubble sucks  >:(

Written By: TC1970 on 07/14/05 at 8:10 pm

I have Nads..(not those kind  :o ) It works fine, if you like pain. You don't have to heat it up but I find it works better to place it in the microwave for about 3 seconds.

As for me shaving, I do my legs and underarms every other day. I use mini clippers to remove the "peach fuzz" on my face. ( foundation goes on much smoother)

IMO, guys are ultra sexy unshaven.  ;)  I love the look of a 5 o'clock shadow.

Written By: Bobby on 07/15/05 at 4:20 am

Considering, you don't look too bad, Jiminy.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/05 at 10:14 am

I shave legs, underarms, etc...like every 3 to 4 days. I am Italian and my hair is darker...so I can't get away with stubble like some people with lighter hair can do.

I know the feeling. I, too have dark hair. Like a lot of guys have said, I hate to shave too. I only do it when I have to-which is at least once of week-if I can get away with it.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/05 at 11:57 am

Isn't winter so much better ;)

Yup.  ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/05 at 3:31 pm

I like men with goatees.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:35 pm

The picture looks like you haven't shaved in 20 years. ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:36 pm

I used to bleed a lot when I wound up with shaving pimples.I don't get many shaving pimples like I used to. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/15/05 at 3:39 pm

I like men with goatees.

i'll never grow a goatee, my mom says guys with them look like they have a pussy face  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/05 at 3:40 pm

i'll never grow a goatee, my mom says guys with them look like they have a pussy face  ;D

I won't let my husband shave his! LOL!

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:41 pm

What does a pussyface consist of? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/15/05 at 3:42 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/15/05 at 3:44 pm

hair around a vertical smile   ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:46 pm

hair around a vertical smile   ;D

Thank God I shaved it all off.

Written By: jiminy on 07/15/05 at 3:48 pm

Thank God I shaved it all off.

memories  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/05 at 3:55 pm

memories  ::)

yeah,Those were the good old days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/05 at 3:58 pm

I have had a beard now since the early eighties, one wonders how long it would be if I had not cut it?

Written By: Apricot on 07/15/05 at 4:03 pm

I have had a beard now since the early eighties, one wonders how long it would be if I had not cut it?

http://70.84.190.115/3271/30/emo/One_Never_Knows.JPG

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/16/05 at 12:24 pm

My dad's kept his beard since the early 70's!!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/16/05 at 12:43 pm

Maybe you could have tried out for ZZ Top.  ;) :D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/16/05 at 5:01 pm

What kind of shaving cream do you guys use?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/20/05 at 3:03 am

Heres what I look like after a week of not shaving:

http://www.stephenhyun.com/photos/Yu_Zhenhuan.jpg

Written By: Morton on 11/20/05 at 4:38 am

;D Ditto

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 11/20/05 at 1:02 pm

me too

Written By: Apricot on 11/20/05 at 1:26 pm

Dude, that's me after, like, 3 days... I swear, I shave in the morning, and I'm already growing hair back by the afternoon.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 5:17 pm

I hate shaving but it's something that I must do every day.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 5:22 pm

^^ (In response to the man who looks like Mr. T) Very funny - I pity the foo!

Apparantly my boyfriend isn't fond of shaving either. He gets a 5 o'clock shadow pretty much at that time. Mother nature didn't spare him of just one more day of smoothness. Yet, he looks sooo different when he doesn't shave that if I don't see him for a few days after lets say a week of not shaving and then I see him clean shaven, it's like a whole new man! One minute he looks like Indiana Jones, the next minute he looks, well.. like somebody else, lol.

Written By: YWN on 11/21/05 at 5:35 pm

I have some facial hair, mainly around my mouth, but the hair is fine and not that visible unless you're standing close.  Is it supposed to get darker and coarser after the first time you shave?  So, if a man went his entire life without shaving, the hair on his face would always be fine?

Written By: YWN on 11/21/05 at 5:36 pm

I have some facial hair, mainly around my mouth, but the hair is fine and not that visible unless you're standing close.  Is it supposed to get darker and coarser after the first time you shave?  So, if a man went his entire life without shaving, the hair on his face would always be fine?

Just so you'll get some kind of picture...  It's about one step up (maybe a half step) from peach fuzz.

Written By: Morton on 11/21/05 at 5:38 pm

I have some facial hair, mainly around my mouth, but the hair is fine and not that visible unless you're standing close.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 5:43 pm

I have some facial hair, mainly around my mouth, but the hair is fine and not that visible unless you're standing close.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 5:52 pm

^^ Very funny - I pity the foo!

Apparantly my boyfriend isn't fond of shaving either. He gets a 5 o'clock shadow pretty much at that time. Mother nature didn't spare him of just one more day of smoothness. Yet, he looks sooo different when he doesn't shave that if I don't see him for a few days after lets say a week of not shaving and then I see him clean shaven, it's like a whole new man! One minute he looks like Indiana Jones, the next minute he looks, well.. like somebody else, lol.

Why do you pity me? ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 5:54 pm

On second thought, just think guys:

Think of shaving your legs, underarms and sometimes the peach fuzz on your upper lip and any other unwanted hairs, as well as waxing eyebrows and other regions - and maybe there shouldn't be quite as many complaints - But, I understand that having that hair constantly regrow on the face everyday can be a frustrating experience.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/21/05 at 5:56 pm

Eventually it would get coarser and thicker. It's something your gonna have to get used to. When i was your age i had to shave about once a week.. Now it's twice daily  ;D I don't HAVE to do it that often, but i hate even the slightest stubble so i do it in the morning and then usually in the afternoon before i go anywhere.
Invest in a good razor, i balked at paying $25 for a good one, but it pays off. I used to use crappy ones and would always be left with stuff, plus they cut you up worse.

On second thought, just think guys:

Think of shaving your legs, underarms and sometimes the peach fuzz on your upper lip and any other unwanted hairs, as well as waxing eyebrows and other regions - and maybe there shouldn't be quite as many complaints - But, I understand that having that hair constantly regrow on the face everyday can be a frustrating experience.

I shave my 'Underarms' as you put them  ;D I can't stand it.. everywhere else i just let it do whatever (probably should do some 'trimming' but i can't stand it under my arms, i dunno how anybody can.

I'm so gay  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 5:59 pm

Why do you pity me? ;D

lol, just the man with the thick hair growth and has a strong resembelance to Mr. T

Written By: Morton on 11/21/05 at 6:00 pm

Eventually it would get coarser and thicker. It's something your gonna have to get used to. When i was your age i had to shave about once a week.. Now it's twice daily

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 6:02 pm

lol, just the man with the thick hair growth and has a strong resembelance to Mr. T

I used to have a moustache and goatee ;D

Written By: rich1981 on 11/21/05 at 6:04 pm

I used to have a moustache, around 1999 - 2001ish, but I'm not sure it shows up that well in the photo I posted earlier.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/21/05 at 6:06 pm

I shave my 'Underarms' as you put them

Written By: Howard on 11/21/05 at 6:06 pm

I used to have a moustache, around 1999 - 2001ish, but I'm not sure it shows up that well in the photo I posted earlier.

My moustache and goatee was about 5 years ago.

Written By: YWN on 11/21/05 at 6:30 pm

My underarms don't bother me much. I have a lot of hair, but I rarely pay attention to it...

I...I have more hair under my right arm than my left arm.    ???

Written By: Morton on 11/21/05 at 6:31 pm

I...I have more hair under my right arm than my left arm.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/21/05 at 7:41 pm

My husband couldn't grow a beard or even a moustache if his life depended on it...some people are just way hairier than others. I remember this guy I knew back in my single years when I had my own apartment with my best friend, he came over begging us to put wax all over his chest, cause he was hairy....He looked like Jon Bon Jovi...we declined to do that.  I always wondered if he ever did anything about it, or decided to live with it.

I can't handle hair on men's back or shoulders...it just grosses me out to no end, I can handle hair on the chest ( just not on women- ;))...your lucky though you only have to shave your face. Try shaving your legs every day- I am 5'10, and  your underarms.....(it's the pits!! hahahaha)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/22/05 at 2:40 pm

My husband couldn't grow a beard or even a moustache if his life depended on it...some people are just way hairier than others. I remember this guy I knew back in my single years when I had my own apartment with my best friend, he came over begging us to put wax all over his chest, cause he was hairy....He looked like Jon Bon Jovi...we declined to do that.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/05 at 4:43 pm

I...I have more hair under my right arm than my left arm.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/22/05 at 9:01 pm

I have more hair down there than up there. ;D ;)

Eagles nest eh Howard.

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 9:36 pm

I wish I could grow something ... all I get is this thick wolf like hair.  I swear to god, if I wore some pointy ears, i'd look just like MJ Fox in Teen Wolf  ;D

I'd love to be able to get a 5 O'Clock shadow, but alas it will never happen  :\'(

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/23/05 at 4:05 am

I'd love to be able to get a 5 O'Clock shadow, but alas it will never happen

Written By: Howard on 11/23/05 at 4:48 pm

Eagles nest eh Howard.

More of like Teen Wolf  ;D

Written By: Morton on 11/24/05 at 12:54 pm

Haven't shaved since Saturday, so my stubble is getting pretty thick. Doesn't bother me too much as i'm not going anywhere tonight. I'll shave in time for work tomorrow evening  8)

Written By: Howard on 11/26/05 at 8:24 am

I have to shave tonight

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/04/06 at 7:33 pm

Yeah, Butthead.... Nads!

;D

Can you use Nad's on your 'Nads ???

Written By: Howard on 03/05/06 at 7:45 am

Can you use Nad's on your 'Nads ???

Now,that'll be extremely painful. :o

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 6:31 am

I shave once a week (should be every 2 days) and by then by face almost has a full-grown beard.  :o

Someone of my stature (rather small) should not have a full beard.  :D

Why's that? Gnomes have beards, don't they?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/30/06 at 6:50 am

I hate shaving but I have to at least do it once a day.Since March of 2004,I've kept my moustache and goatee off since and my face feels clean shaven as you can see in the avatar picture.

<-------------------

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/06 at 6:52 am

I hate shaving but I have to at least do it once a day.Since March of 2004,I've kept my moustache and goatee off since and my face feels clean shaven as you can see in the avatar picture.

<-------------------
Why not get someone to shave for you?

Written By: Howard on 04/30/06 at 6:57 am

I can shave myself,I'm not incapable.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/06 at 10:15 am

<-------------------

Does your girlfriend prefer it that way?

Written By: whistledog on 04/30/06 at 11:36 am

The worst way to shave ... paste duck tape on the area, then rip it off real quick  :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 04/30/06 at 11:44 am

Now there's an idea!

Ah.... but think of how much that would cost you! It would leave you so broke that you can't buy a razor!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/30/06 at 12:33 pm

I had to shave my legs the other day, and lo and behold, the next day I see I missed an entire little patch on my knee.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/01/06 at 4:26 pm

Does your girlfriend prefer it that way?

Robin likes me clean shaven.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/07 at 3:27 pm

I hate shaving myself but I do it every day and It has become a habit of mine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/07 at 3:28 pm

So do I!

Written By: Howard on 05/04/07 at 3:30 pm

I used to have a moustache and goatee about 4 years ago till I just completely shaved it right off and never grew it back.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/07 at 3:51 pm

I used to have a moustache and goatee about 4 years ago till I just completely shaved it right off and never grew it back.

I've had a 'stache since 1979.  :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/04/07 at 4:11 pm

I had to shave my legs the other day, and lo and behold, the next day I see I missed an entire little patch on my knee.  ::)

I usually miss a spot on my ankle.

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/07 at 4:42 pm

I really hate shaving cause I get lazy to do it ;D

For once, I'm going to let my beard grow and see what it will look like.  Maybe I will end up looking like Johnny D ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/07 at 10:58 pm

I hate when summer comes..because that means that I have to faithfully shave my legs! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/07 at 11:04 pm

I hate when summer comes..because that means that I have to faithfully shave my legs! ;D

You could wax them instead?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/07 at 11:05 pm

You could wax them instead?

Ya, I've tried Nair and stuff...but that stuff stinks so bad!! :P

Written By: audkal on 05/04/07 at 11:34 pm

Ya, I've tried Nair and stuff...but that stuff stinks so bad!! :P

I know, it's like....artificial watermelon flavor mixed with diarrhea.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/07 at 11:39 pm

hahaha....ew, I never thought of it that way...but ya, that about sums it up! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/07 at 11:46 pm

watermelon .. diahrrea ...

There should be a brand Fruit Poops ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/07 at 11:48 pm

watermelon .. diahrrea ...

There should be a brand Fruit Poops ;D

:D ;D

Written By: La Roche on 05/05/07 at 12:10 am

I finally got lazy and grew a beard.. then I renewed my license and realized I looked like a criminal.. so I went back to the once a day.

I have however found that using better shaving cream does have an affect.

I have.. for lack of a better term.. a very hair throat, like right under my chin.. by lunchtime it's rough, which can be annoying, so I went from the crappy ass cheap stuff to using the reasonable pricey Gillette stuff.. big difference.

Oh.. stick with a 3 blade razor.. the 4 blade ones are way too close together and suck.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/05/07 at 10:27 am

I think i only shaved my legs one time,i hated it 'cause it doesn't last. Waxing is the way to go,it last forever and it actually makes the hairs grow thinner each time,and i must admit i enjoy the 'ouch' factor  :-[

Written By: Southern Image on 05/05/07 at 11:36 am

My beards are growing just fine. ;D :D

I hate shaving too! I feel like I have to do it everyday.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/07 at 3:40 pm

Now that's a bad mixture. :o

Written By: Howard on 05/05/07 at 3:41 pm

My beards are growing just fine. ;D :D

I hate shaving too! I feel like I have to do it everyday.

I shave everyday and It's ok by me.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/07 at 3:44 pm

My girlfriend said that I'm getting too hairy in my chest area and I said "Hell No",I'm not shaving and then I said to her "Why don't you shave your chia pet down below there"? Hey,I won't shave if she won't shave.Besides women love hairy chests. ;)

Written By: jackas on 05/05/07 at 6:35 pm

My girlfriend said that I'm getting too hairy in my chest area and I said "Hell No" and then I said to her "Why don't you shave your chia pet down below there"? Hey,I won't shave if she won't shave.Besides women love hairy chests. ;)

Pehaps you could get the clippers and at least trim it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/05/07 at 6:48 pm

My girlfriend said that I'm getting too hairy in my chest area and I said "Hell No" and then I said to her "Why don't you shave your chia pet down below there"? Hey,I won't shave if she won't shave.Besides women love hairy chests. ;)
some women love hairy chests, but not if they're furry

Written By: Howard on 05/05/07 at 10:26 pm

Pehaps you could get the clippers and at least trim it.

No She burns down there so It's not a good idea. :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/07 at 5:22 am

She's burning down there?  Yowsa.  I better not ask why.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/07 at 6:33 am

She's burning down there?  Yowsa.  I better not ask why.  ;D

She doesn't burn,She WILL burn if all of it is shaved off,All that tuft of hair is not good for her,It could be very itchy if she winds up having problems later on in life.But whatever she wants.It doesn't look good when you have a chia pet growing over there. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/07 at 6:34 am

some women love hairy chests, but not if they're furry

I'm more like Austin Powers. ;D

Written By: Marian on 05/06/07 at 4:06 pm

So you're not bald?

Written By: Howard on 05/06/07 at 9:50 pm

So you're not bald?

I'm thinning but I'm far from BALD. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/07 at 10:42 pm

My girlfriend said that I'm getting too hairy in my chest area and I said "Hell No",I'm not shaving and then I said to her "Why don't you shave your chia pet down below there"? Hey,I won't shave if she won't shave.Besides women love hairy chests. ;)

hahaha...oh no you didn't?!! :D ;D

Written By: jackas on 05/06/07 at 11:00 pm

I meant that you should trim the hair on your chest not her crotch. 

Perhaps she should see the doctor about the burning! ;D :o

Written By: Howard on 05/07/07 at 6:16 am

hahaha...oh no you didn't?!! :D ;D

Yes I did,I asked her at one time to shave her privates for me and then she told me to shave my hairy chest and I then I told her that I'm not shaving mine if you don't shave yours,simple as that.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/07 at 6:16 am

I meant that you should trim the hair on your chest not her crotch. 

Perhaps she should see the doctor about the burning! ;D :o

But I like my Austin Powers hairy chest,It's sexy. ;) ;D

No,she's not shaved,I asked her TO shave/trim it at one time but she didn't want to.

She has to realize if you shave,It'll grow back fuller and thicker just like a moustache and goatee will.

Check for new replies or respond here...