inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Finished Harry Potter HBP yesterday!

Written By: AngeliK on 07/18/05 at 6:08 am

I don't want to spoil it for anyone! But I think it is the best one yet it is just amazing!!!!

Modified to add: read it read it!!!!

Subject: Re: I Finished Harry Potter HBP yesterday!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:09 am

I don't wqant to spoil it for anyone! But I think it is the best one yet it is just amazing!!!!

Well done there! I heard on the news at work on Saturday that some speed-readers finished it in less than 3 hours  :o

Written By: chaka on 07/18/05 at 6:12 am

WOW!! that was pretty quick  :o  :)

Written By: AngeliK on 07/18/05 at 6:17 am

well I read it pretty much all day saturday until I had to go to work and I had about 50 pages left on sunday so I finished most of it saturday, I had work otherwise I'd have done it in a day like I did with the last one! (13 hours stopping to eat was my last record)

Because of odd jobs I had to do It probably took me about 8 hours including the hour and a half I read on sunday.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:20 am

well I read it pretty much all day saturday until I had to go to work and I had about 50 pages left on sunday so I finished most of it saturday, I had work otherwise I'd have done it in a day like I did with the last one! (13 hours stopping to eat was my last record)

Because of odd jobs I had to do It probably took me about 8 hours including the hour and a half I read on sunday.

Still quite an accomplishment. I take my white adidas cap/ half splice with Link's green hat off to you  :D

Written By: chaka on 07/18/05 at 6:20 am

I take my white adidas cap/ half splice with Link's green hat off to you  :D

what an honour  ;D ::)

Written By: AngeliK on 07/18/05 at 6:23 am

Still quite an accomplishment. I take my white adidas cap/ half splice with Link's green hat off to you  :D

Thank you thank you *bows*

Written By: Gis on 07/18/05 at 7:59 am

I got it yesterday for my birthday but I haven't started reading yet. My Mum is at chapter 18 already.........

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 10:14 am

I think I read it in around 8 as well.  Overall, I started around 11:30 and finished at 1 am, but I also got interrupted a bazillion times:  fixed 4 kids lunch, set up a slip'n'slide (which took about an hour because parts had to be blown up, adjusted, the pool filled with water, etc.) "fixed" a bloody nose caused by said s'n's, made dinner, took a shower, etc.  Of course, hubby had to point out he did it in 3 hours less (overall time) but he didn't do 1/2 the other crap I did and had 3 uninterrupted hours on a plane ::)

Wow, you go, Crazymom! Grats for finishing despite a little thing called life getting in the way  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/05 at 11:55 am

I am a slow reader. I haven't bought this one yet but when I do, I want to start over again-read each volume in turn. That way, it refreshes my memory. I did the same when the last volume came out and a few people told me that they should have done that, too. But, right now, I am in the middle of reading the Cadfael mysteries. I'm on #11 out of 21. So, maybe after I finish that, I will start on Harry Potter. I'm looking forward to it.

Cat

Written By: whitewolf on 07/18/05 at 1:02 pm

I always thought that Harry Poter was stupid, even though I usually read everything I could get my hands on.

I was out of unread books and asked my oldest if she had a book I could borrow, she brought me the first in the series of Harry Potter. I have been hooked ever since.

can't wait to get the new one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/18/05 at 1:05 pm

I am only looking for a first editon of the first book!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/18/05 at 2:13 pm

Please... don't spoil the ending! 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/18/05 at 2:14 pm

Someone lock this thread before it is too late!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/18/05 at 2:19 pm

Agreed, before someone spoils the ending for the rest of us!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/18/05 at 4:58 pm

I like spoilers.... Anyone out there? ::)

Written By: whitewolf on 07/18/05 at 5:02 pm

I won't listen, I haven't read it yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/CanadasPrincess/Emoties/a2ae056e.gif

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:12 pm

I can PM the ending to ya ;)

Here's a hint though.....someone does magic ;D

Well, that's just gone and ruined everything, Spoily McSpoilsport  >:( :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:18 pm

Sorry  :-

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/05 at 6:23 pm

Sorry  :-[ 

How about this one:  there are good wizards/witches and bad wizards/witches and they have a fight ???

Let me guess, the majority of the story takes place at Hogsworts, and the main character is a kid named Harry and he has two friends, Ron and Hermine. And the three of them fight the bad wizards/witches? Am I right?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:25 pm

Let me guess, the majority of the story takes place at Hogsworts, and the main character is a kid named Harry and he has two friends, Ron and Hermine. And the three of them fight the bad wizards/witches? Am I right?  ;)

Cat

You forgot the fact that Harry ALWAYS has a fight with Voldemort at the end, and then Harry blacks out and wakes up in the nurses' ward, with Ron and Hermione, then that wizard bloke who's head of Hogwarts comes and gives a long speech about what happened, then Harry is awarded 51785386259685895260516180615 house points for griffindor and everything ends happily...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/05 at 6:27 pm

You forgot the fact that Harry ALWAYS has a fight with Voldemort at the end, and then Harry blacks out and wakes up in the nurses' ward, with Ron and Hermione, then that wizard bloke who's head of Hogwarts comes and gives a long speech about what happened, then Harry is awarded 51785386259685895260516180615 house points for griffindor and everything ends happily...

Yeah, yeah, that's it. (BTW, his name is Dumbledore).

Cat

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 6:30 pm

Yeah, yeah, that's it. (BTW, his name is Dumbledore).

Cat

I knew that... ...  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/18/05 at 11:23 pm

Pleeeeeasseee don't!

http://www.aspencountry.com/aspen/assets/product_images/product_lib/31000-31999/31655.jpg

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/19/05 at 7:40 am

Darn it!  You're both right ::)                                                     

or at least close ;)

Lucky guess, you know? I mean, it's not like those things happen at the end of all the other HP books or something  ::)

Written By: AngeliK on 07/19/05 at 7:43 am

I'm not locking this for the simple reason that I feel that everyone here is reasonable enough as I am not to spoil the ending for the people who haven't finished it yet. I think it would be a shame if anyone did that to anyone. If anyone does want to talk about HBP in more depth feel free to pm me and I'll discuss it with anyone. But lets be mature here and not spoil it for those who haven't yet read/finished the book!

Kxx

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/19/05 at 7:45 am

I'm not locking this for the simple reason that I feel that everyone here is reasonable enough as I am not to spoil the ending for the people who haven't finished it yet. I think it would be a shame if anyone did that to anyone. If anyone does want to talk about HBP in more depth feel free to pm me and I'll discuss it with anyone. But lets be mature here and not spoil it for those who haven't yet read/finished the book!

Kxx

Agreed. I was only having a laugh when I posted all that ^^, but i'd kill myself if I was right  :o

Written By: AngeliK on 07/19/05 at 7:46 am

I just think it would be petty to have to lock the topic because people can't keep it to themselves. Its nice to know you agree!

Good though wasn't it?!!  :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/19/05 at 7:48 am

I just think it would be petty to have to lock the topic because people can't keep it to themselves. Its nice to know you agree!

Good though wasn't it?!!  :D

Wasn't what?! I haven't read the book... i've read the others though (yeah, as if THAT counts for anything)  ::)

Written By: AngeliK on 07/19/05 at 7:51 am

hehe its excellent, the best yet in my opinion. Its a bit darker than the others which surprised me.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/19/05 at 7:55 am

Gotta get moving before someone spoils it for you.  I've already heard someone spoil the ending on the radio here in Chicago ::)

It's okay, i'm not a big HP fan anyways. The books are a good read, but that's as far as I go with the whole thing. No doubt i'll hear the ending on TV, or from a friend at some stage or other, but like I said, doesn't really matter much to me  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...