inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bikini Waxing

Written By: bj26 on 07/18/05 at 10:51 am

This is not intended to embarrass anyone, it's just for my info.  I have a friend who would like to do some waxing, should she have it done at a salon or can one effectively do it theirselve? Any do's don'ts, is it safe to do yourself, etc.  Any good brand or type to get?

Subject: Re: Bikini Waxing

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/18/05 at 10:54 am

How do you wax a bikini?!  :D

Written By: bj26 on 07/18/05 at 11:57 am

How do you wax a bikini?!  :D
lol that's funny ;D  But seriously, I wish someone in the know would shed some light on the subject, because going to a beauty salon for a wax job is a little expensive.  However, if it's the best way to get it done, I guess it will have to be.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/05 at 12:52 pm

It depends on what type of wax she's planning on doing.  For just an "outside cleanup" (for lack of a better term ;)) most of the otc brands are okay.  I would recommend not necessarily going with the cheapest, though as some of them use a mix of wax types and they can burn the skin.  If she's going for a "Brazilian", I would definitely recommend going to a salon as they use a different type of wax on the "more sensitive parts".

Too bad I couldn't post the story about the "cold wax" here.  :D ;) ;D

Cat

Written By: bj26 on 07/18/05 at 1:48 pm

It depends on what type of wax she's planning on doing.  For just an "outside cleanup" (for lack of a better term ;)) most of the otc brands are okay.  I would recommend not necessarily going with the cheapest, though as some of them use a mix of wax types and they can burn the skin.  If she's going for a "Brazilian", I would definitely recommend going to a salon as they use a different type of wax on the "more sensitive parts".
Thanks, maybe the professional salon method would be better for now.  The Brazilian sounds great, so at least she can go in with some info, she probably already knows about it anyway.  On the other hand, I may do a little research on the products and consider doing the procedure for her, as I am quite steady at performing delicate operations 8)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/22/05 at 12:37 pm

Thanks, maybe the professional salon method would be better for now.  The Brazilian sounds great, so at least she can go in with some info, she probably already knows about it anyway.  On the other hand, I may do a little research on the products and consider doing the procedure for her, as I am quite steady at performing delicate operations 8)

Did you know there is now a trend for men to have all of their parts de-fuzzed - Goddddd male vanity has just gone too far these days - I mean what's the point in him having the hair from his testicles removed?  tell me that...

and from what I heard about the Brazilian wax, this has got to be the grossest and most embarrassing thing ever for a woman to have performed on her. I'll stick to the neat bikini wax thanks.   ;D

Written By: lorac614 on 07/22/05 at 1:28 pm

All I can say is go to the salon.

I tried to do it at home, it hurt so d@mn much that I only got one side done. 

The people at the salon do it so quick that it's over before you know it. 

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/22/05 at 1:52 pm

I'm too scared.. :o

Written By: bj26 on 07/22/05 at 3:10 pm

Thanks for all the helpful info, I was being funny at first, but I went to Wal-mart and there are a lot of products.  The saleslady sugested the vanilla scented Neat, and Kat mentioned cold wax and it was there too.  I don't know what to get, maybe the salon is the best way.  One thing's for sure, I really like smooth skin.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:00 pm

Bikini Wax For Guys? ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/22/05 at 4:20 pm

Bikini Wax For Guys? ;D

Quite    ;D ;D

give me a hairy man anyday    ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:24 pm

Quite    ;D ;D

give me a hairy man anyday    ;D

You're Looking At Him ;D ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/22/05 at 5:58 pm

Thanks for all the helpful info, I was being funny at first, but I went to Wal-mart and there are a lot of products.  The saleslady sugested the vanilla scented Neat, and Kat mentioned cold wax and it was there too.  I don't know what to get, maybe the salon is the best way.  One thing's for sure, I really like smooth skin.

Go to the salon, it costs a bit more but they know what they are doing, the job is done well, and
lasts longer without the mess.  I will never go the home route again, it is not worth the savings.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/05 at 7:39 pm

Why not try the Epilady ?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/23/05 at 3:10 am

You're Looking At Him ;D ;)

HAHAHA  ;)  Yeah I remember that Jiminy Photoshop of you Howard  ;D

Written By: TC1970 on 07/23/05 at 5:13 am

One word..OUCH! No way would I wax down there. I rried bikini har removal and developed a rash. I think the best thing to do is use a small clipper like a beard trimmer to get the hair close without a rash. :)

As for a man ..I am with Mr Tumnus...Jules...I like a man with some hair down there. :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/23/05 at 5:53 am

I agree with TC. Waxing the bikini area can result in serious ingrowns and rashes - it aint pretty and it aint pleasant.

Most adult shops - online and on the street - sell "personal shavers" - little battery or electric shavers for the "more sensitive" areas - and electric shavers mean no ingrowns.

I have enclosed a link to pics of the shavers on an australian site (Chucky - as it links to a site of "adult" nature I will understand if you prefer to remove the link)

http://www.sassyroad.com/catalogue.asp?departmentid=20

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/05 at 6:32 am

in a word PAIN.  Epilady rips the hair out by the roots, and I mean rips. :o

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 4:55 pm

Epiman? ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/23/05 at 5:05 pm

One word..OUCH! No way would I wax down there. I rried bikini har removal and developed a rash. I think the best thing to do is use a small clipper like a beard trimmer to get the hair close without a rash. :)

As for a man ..I am with Mr Tumnus...Jules...I like a man with some hair down there.  :)

Yeah I've tried to find a decent photo of the perfect masculine image,  but it appears that soft, smooth and fuzz free is definitely the 'in' look for men for men right now - uh all those hair free chests and bellies   :(

Godddddd they'll be waxing their legs next    ::)
Reminds me of this body builder guy I dated once - he was so vain he wanted his chest hair waxed constantly so he could show off his pecs - no man tits   ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/23/05 at 5:46 pm

- no man tits   ;D

Oh, I got dem...!!

(And various other bits that I'm certain shouldn't hang like that!)

Written By: jackas on 07/23/05 at 8:24 pm

;D ;D ;D

jiminy can give you step by step instructions.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/24/05 at 2:10 am

Yeah I've tried to find a decent photo of the perfect masculine image,  but it appears that soft, smooth and fuzz free is definitely the 'in' look for men for men right now - uh all those hair free chests and bellies   :(

Godddddd they'll be waxing their legs next    ::)
Reminds me of this body builder guy I dated once - he was so vain he wanted his chest hair waxed constantly so he could show off his pecs - no man tits   ;D

Most athletes in all fields go for the hair free option as it gives them more aerodynamics ie swimmers, cyclists, skaters, sprinters, high jumpers etc.
and in the case of body builders etc - looks better when the shiney oily stuff is all over their bods !! ;)

Most guys I know in my circle of friends - from gay, straight, metrosexuals and construction workers - all remove most of their body hair these days because their partners like it better that way.

Hair is OUT !!!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/24/05 at 5:21 am

Most athletes in all fields go for the hair free option as it gives them more aerodynamics ie swimmers, cyclists, skaters, sprinters, high jumpers etc.
and in the case of body builders etc - looks better when the shiney oily stuff is all over their bods !! ;)

Most guys I know in my circle of friends - from gay, straight, metrosexuals and construction workers - all remove most of their body hair these days because their partners like it better that way.

Hair is OUT !!!

Sure I can appreciate professional athletes like swimmers and cyclists remove leg and body hair for the aerodynamic element.
Oh yeah absolutely - the smooth fuzz free man is clearly in...must say as I was searching for a pic for here I did enjoy looking through photos of athletic surfer types in their baggy trunks - no chest or belly hair in sight.

Still I know what I prefer
    :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 5:26 am

Sure I can appreciate professional athletes like swimmers and cyclists remove leg and body hair for the aerodynamic element.
Oh yeah absolutely - the smooth fuzz free man is clearly in...must say as I was searching for a pic for here I did enjoy looking through photos of athletic surfer types in their baggy trunks - no chest or belly hair in sight.

Still I know what I prefer
    :)

So you are skipping the pictures of Pete Sampras then?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/24/05 at 5:29 am

So you are skipping the pictures of Pete Sampras then?

Nooo - that is sooooo SPOOKY  :o

I actually trawled through masses of pics of him yesterday (as you know I just adore Pete) but couldn't find ONE of his sexy hairy torso. So had to leave it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 5:33 am

Nooo - that is sooooo SPOOKY  :o

I actually trawled through masses of pics of him yesterday (as you know I just adore Pete) but couldn't find ONE of his sexy hairy torso. So had to leave it.
Did you see this one?
http://www.bharatiyahockey.org/2000/images/sampras.jpg

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/25/05 at 7:21 am

Did you see this one?
http://www.bharatiyahockey.org/2000/images/sampras.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmm

what a cutie  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/05 at 7:43 am

mmmmmmmmmmm

what a cutie   :)
Did you try looking for Eamonn Holmes, he is a bit hairy too?

Written By: jaytee on 07/25/05 at 9:33 am

I attempted to give my sister a bikini wax many years ago.  We ended up having to cut her knickers off her with manicure scissors. :o  We still laugh about it. :D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/25/05 at 11:11 am

I attempted to give my sister a bikini wax many years ago.  We ended up having to cut her knickers off her with manicure scissors. :o  We still laugh about it. :D

hehe  ;D ;D 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/25/05 at 12:19 pm

LOL!  ;D

Written By: bj26 on 07/25/05 at 3:17 pm

I was going to give my girlfriend one, but I think we broke up.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 6:14 pm

Why don't they just call it Epi-man? ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/11/05 at 1:46 pm

http://www.thebeautyspa.com/images_spa/bikini_waxing.jpg

This is what you ladies will look like when you bikini wax.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/05 at 2:33 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm

what a cutie   :)

I agree, there is nothing like a man with hair on his chest, arms, legs, the other nether regions, lol. It just adds to his manliness, in my opnion. I don't want to touch a man as soft as myself.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/05 at 2:45 pm

I agree, there is nothing like a man with hair on his chest, arms, legs, the other nether regions, lol. It just adds to his manliness, in my opnion. I don't want to touch a man as soft as myself.

Oh my god you'd love me UV.I'm very hirsuite.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/05 at 2:50 pm

lol...  ;D  Keep it - don't ever shave it!!

Written By: Howard on 11/11/05 at 2:53 pm

lol...  ;D  Keep it - don't ever shave it!!

Good I won't.So you have a hairy fetish?

Between you and me,Is there grass on your field? ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/11/05 at 3:08 pm

Good I won't.So you have a hairy fetish?

Between you and me,Is there grass on your field? ;)

lol.. I don't think I'm gonna go there.. because this really wouldn't be between you and me, but the whole lot of people who post on this thread, lol.  :D I'll just leave it to someone's imagination..  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/12/05 at 4:18 pm

lol.. I don't think I'm gonna go there.. because this really wouldn't be between you and me, but the whole lot of people who post on this thread, lol.  :D I'll just leave it to someone's imagination..  ;D

I can't imagine right now.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/12/05 at 6:53 pm

You live in West Virginia?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/14/05 at 5:20 pm

I need to underwear wax. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/05 at 2:27 pm

Do we have any before and after pictures?

Written By: jackas on 11/25/05 at 11:31 pm

Do we have any before and after pictures?

I hope not!

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/25/05 at 11:33 pm

I need to underwear wax. :o

don't... ... take that image out, please!

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/25/05 at 11:33 pm

lol.. I don't think I'm gonna go there.. because this really wouldn't be between you and me, but the whole lot of people who post on this thread, lol.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/05 at 7:50 am

don't... ... take that image out, please!

I can't.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...