inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NEWS FLASH!

Written By: ADH13 on 07/20/05 at 3:56 pm

DAILY NEWS - FEBRUARY 1, 2036

We have asked former Inthe00s users to write in and let us know where they are now.  Here are some responses we have received so far.

Delicious Chrissy Schmooze, who used to be quite the regular on Inthe00's back in 2004-2005, is now a stripper for hire.  Among her most requested alter-ego is her "Sister Mary Christine" persona, in which she dresses as a nun.  At the age of 61, she still has what it takes!

Quirk, who started out selling vintage items on Ebay, a popular "web-based" auction at the time, now owns a night club with a Ramones theme.  In addition to the popular "Joey Burger", the night club feathures many foods and cocktails with 70's punk themes, as well as a store which sells vintage clothing.

Midknight Darkness has overcome her fear of birds.  She now owns an aviary, with such a spectacular collection of birds, people come from all over the world to see them.  Back in the days when Midknight Darkness was a member of Inthe00's, it was common to see birds flying around.  The pollution wasn't so bad then.  But now you can see them in southern Pennsylvania at "Bettie Bae's Birdhouse".

Howard has moved to Nevada, where he has become a gynecologist.  He is one of the first gynecologists in the US to accept "other forms of payment" in cases where the patients are unable to pay.  He says his career is very "rewarding."

Remember the old WWE wrestling that used to appear on television?  That was the best wrestling to be found until Alchoholica and Bobby founded "XWF", the X-Rated Wrestling Federation.  It has become so popular, that both Bobby and Alchoholica get mobbed whenever they step out in public.  Strangely, Bobby still refuses to get married.

Ktelqueen, back in late 2005, made the decision to become an exterminator after an unwelcome mouse entered her home.  She now has several mouse-repelling products patented in her name.

Apricot purchased the Inthe00's name and software from Chucky back in the mid 2020's, and still maintains it to this day, although it caters to a somewhat different crowd, and now has "In the 2010's", "In the 2020's", etc.  Apricot now has 72,000,000 posts.

Any more news? ;)

Subject: Re: NEWS FLASH!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/20/05 at 4:00 pm

Tea is still being drunk at regular intervals by several members.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/20/05 at 4:02 pm

We have asked former Inthe00s users to write in and let us know where they are now.  Here are some responses we have received so far.

Delicious Chrissy Schmooze, who used to be quite the regular on Inthe00's back in 2004-2005, is now a stripper for hire.  Among her most requested alter-ego is her "Sister Mary Christine" persona, in which she dresses as a nun.  At the age of 61, she still has what it takes!

Quirk, who started out selling vintage items on Ebay, a popular "web-based" auction at the time, now owns a night club with a Ramones theme.  In addition to the popular "Joey Burger", the night club feathures many foods and cocktails with 70's punk themes, as well as a store which sells vintage clothing.

Midknight Darkness has overcome her fear of birds.  She now owns an aviary, with such a spectacular collection of birds, people come from all over the world to see them.  Back in the days when Midknight Darkness was a member of Inthe00's, it was common to see birds flying around.  The pollution wasn't so bad then.  But now you can see them in southern Pennsylvania at "Bettie Bae's Birdhouse".

Howard has moved to Nevada, where he has become a gynecologist.  He is one of the first gynecologists in the US to accept "other forms of payment" in cases where the patients are unable to pay.  He says his career is very "rewarding."

Remember the old WWE wrestling that used to appear on television?  That was the best wrestling to be found until Alchoholica and Bobby founded "XWF", the X-Rated Wrestling Federation.  It has become so popular, that both Bobby and Alchoholica get mobbed whenever they step out in public.  Strangely, Bobby still refuses to get married.

Ktelqueen, back in late 2005, made the decision to become an exterminator after an unwelcome mouse entered her home.  She now has several mouse-repelling products patented in her name.

Apricot purchased the Inthe00's name and software from Chucky back in the mid 2020's, and still maintains it to this day, although it caters to a somewhat different crowd, and now has "In the 2010's", "In the 2020's", etc.  Apricot now has 72,000,000 posts.

Any more news? ;)

Andrea...that is sooo funny...what a good idea!

Erin :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 4:22 pm

Apricot purchased the Inthe00's name and software from Chucky back in the mid 2020s, and still maintains it to this day, although it caters to a somewhat different crowd, and now has "In the 2010's", "In the 2020's", etc.  Apricot now has 72,000,000 posts.

I could see myself doing this, too.  ;D Friggin' awesome.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/20/05 at 4:27 pm

Any more news? ;)
Philip Eno now typing with one hand on his Zimmer Frame, is still chasing Apricot's posts, currently on 999, 999 the figure being so low for having many of his posting removed from the Inthe00s boards, when members have removed many of their own threads.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/20/05 at 4:32 pm

"Bettie Bae's Birdhouse".

Ohh man. The name comes back to haunt me for a second time!  :o  ;D

This is a pretty cool thread.

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 4:32 pm

Philip Eno now typing with one hand on his Zimmer Frame, is still chasing Apricot's posts, currently on 999, 999 the figure being so low for having many of his posting removed from the Inthe00s boards, when members have removed many of their own threads.

Geez, do I run the forum THAT badly?

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/20/05 at 4:33 pm

In other news Bob finally popped the Question to Andy.

Jiminy was the best man for both and Howard went to Vegas to become a Priest.

Recent reports have them as 'aggitated'.

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 4:35 pm

Robocop was recently checked into an insane asylum in Southern England on suspicion of scizophrenia. He had this to say:  :o   8)  ???  :D  ;D  :D :D >:(  :(  >:(  :( :o  8)  ::)  :P

Written By: jiminy on 07/20/05 at 4:35 pm

Howard is often seen at the hospital with tennis elbow and yet he doesn't play tennis ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/20/05 at 4:38 pm

Robocop was recently checked into an insane asylum in Southern England on suspicion of scizophrenia. He had this to say:  :o   8)  ???  :D  ;D  :D :D >:(  :(  >:(  :( :o  8)  ::)  :P

cheers,

Written By: Bobby on 07/20/05 at 5:38 pm

Ha ha!  ;D

This really is a clever idea, Odyssey - well done, lol.

If nothing else, X-Rated Wrestling Federation would have guts, better storylines and naked women. I don't know about you Andy, but Odyssey has encapsulated my dream in a paragraph, LMAO!!!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/20/05 at 5:39 pm

Jamie McBain is offically elected Prime Minister of Canada in 2010.   ::)  ;D

Written By: Paul on 07/20/05 at 5:41 pm

Paulie is still doing the quizzes!

Written By: Bobby on 07/20/05 at 5:43 pm

Don't let Robocop know.  ;) ;D

Apparently, I just said to you; "One day I will marry you" and you interpreted that as a proposal. Therefore, I had to buy the ring and your mother came to my house suggesting she would set up a party for us if we got engaged . . .

LMAO!!!  ;D

I can't think of anybody better for a best man.  ;D

Sounds like Howard didn't get off first base therefore the career choice.  ;) ;D

Lol.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/20/05 at 6:06 pm

Gynecologist? Oh Hell No! ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 07/20/05 at 7:12 pm

Oh, and Jiminy has opened a shop in Georgia and sells toenails, fingernails and pubic hairs of the rich and famous...  Rumor has it, he just sold one of Pamela Anderson's hairs for $1,000,000.  Question is, where'd he get it?? ;)

Written By: jiminy on 07/20/05 at 7:57 pm

Oh, and Jiminy has opened a shop in Georgia and sells toenails, fingernails and pubic hairs of the rich and famous...  Rumor has it, he just sold one of Pamela Anderson's hairs for $1,000,000.   Question is, where'd he get it?? ;)

believe it or not i had to dye them blond   :D

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 8:30 pm

Jamie McBain is offically elected Prime Minister of Canada in 2010.   ::)  ;D

..And assasinated by MidKnightDarkness in 2011, now that his location is known to her.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/20/05 at 11:08 pm

Jiminy and Howard, after years of being " kindred internet spirits", decide to meet. They hit it off so much, that they become the world's first duo to voluntarily get conjoined....happily being connected at the hip for the rest of their lives.

Erin :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 11:11 pm

RockandRollFan's account caves in on itself reaching post number http://www.templeofolympus.org/images/lemniscate.jpg... it is now a blackhole, which must be contained by consuming the spam posts on "Bump Me!" and "Longest Thread Ever", as well as any posts consisting of  ;) and  ;D entirely.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/20/05 at 11:15 pm

RockandRollFan's account caves in on itself reaching post number http://www.templeofolympus.org/images/lemniscate.jpg... it is now a blackhole, which must be contained by consuming the spam posts on "Bump Me!" and "Longest Thread Ever", as well as any posts consisting of  ;) and  ;D entirely.

;D ;D ;D

Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 11:18 pm

;D ;D ;D

:D  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/05 at 12:47 am

;) ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 12:57 am

Jiminy and Howard, after years of being " kindred internet spirits", decide to meet. They hit it off so much, that they become the world's first duo to voluntarily get conjoined....happily being connected at the hip for the rest of their lives.

Thanks to Doctor Howard.. but you should see where they're joined! :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/05 at 1:03 am

Thanks to Doctor Howard.. but you should see where they're joined! :o
At the hip?  ???

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 1:04 am

At the hip?  ???

Near there  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/05 at 1:06 am

Near there  ;D
I don't want to know..........  :o :P

Written By: ADH13 on 07/21/05 at 1:13 am

Ohhhh so those must be HOWARD'S hairs that Jiminy has been dyeing blonde and passing off as Pam Andersons!!

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 6:37 pm

Ohhhh so those must be HOWARD'S hairs that Jiminy has been dyeing blonde and passing off as Pam Andersons!!

my hairs are brown ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 07/21/05 at 6:52 pm

my hairs are brown ;D

sure they were, until Jiminy dyed them!!

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 6:54 pm

which hairs are you referring to? ???

Written By: jiminy on 07/21/05 at 6:59 pm

have you ever been picked up by the fuzz?
and did it hurt?
  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 07/22/05 at 1:20 am

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Marty McFly has done it!!  He has created the first working time machine, and he is currently in the year 1985!!  If all goes well, he should be returning in about six months and will be opening his machine to the public.  Stay tuned!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/22/05 at 1:27 am

GRS opened up a shirt shop which does surprisingly well.

I'll wait for you to think up something better...  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 7:35 am

Marty McFly has done it!!  He has created the first working time machine, and he is currently in the year 1985!!  If all goes well, he should be returning in about six months and will be opening his machine to the public.  Stay tuned!

I know if he sees this, he'll say something.. you KNOW there was something wrong with your BTTF physics.  ;D

I'm just playin', Marty.. you know I love you.  :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/22/05 at 1:04 pm

LOL, since I'm really into the future, I should've read all these sooner. ;D

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Marty McFly has done it!! He has created the first working time machine, and he is currently in the year 1985!! If all goes well, he should be returning in about six months and will be opening his machine to the public. Stay tuned!

Thanks Andrea, but with my luck, it would probably go more like this:

After years of trying, Marty McFly has finally built a time machine...out of a shopping cart. According to friends and family, this was so he could easily travel through time and get to do a wheelie at the same time.

Once a semi frequent poster at Inthe00's starting in 2005, McFly, now 54, was picked up by police while in the year 1985, trying to gain entry to one of his early childhood homes. He claimed this was to make copies of some audio and video tapes he would later lose in the 1990's. His plans were foiled when he accidentally came into contact with his past self. The 3 year-old boy simply said "I'm old!" and fainted.

Sympathetic to his plight, authorities decided not to press charges as long as the adult McFly promised to return at once to 2036. Once the boy's parents knew who the "stranger" really was, they promised they would make sure he didn't lose these things in the first place. Last was heard from 1985, McFly was saying something regarding a paradox if that were to happen, while he was forced to leave the 1980's.

However since that's already happened and the elder McFly is back in 2036, we can assume the Self Preservation Effect kicked in, making him travel back a second time, thus a paradox was averted.

Stay tuned tomorrow on "60 More Minutes", as fellow former Inthe00's member C Noise interviews Mr. McFly about his trip through time. Which reality will he remember? I'm Ed Bradley. Goodnight.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/22/05 at 1:06 pm

I know if he sees this, he'll say something.. you KNOW there was something wrong with your BTTF physics. ;D

I'm just playin', Marty.. you know I love you. :D

Who am I to complain - it's close enough! :)

And thanks - the feeling is mutual!

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:02 pm

NEWS FLASH:

Howard finally got laid.News at 11. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/22/05 at 4:04 pm

NEWS FLASH:

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 4:10 pm

NEWS FLASH:

No he didn't.. or there'd be an uncomfortable amount of info before "News at 11".  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:21 pm

No he didn't.. or there'd be an uncomfortable amount of info before "News at 11".  ;D

I was just fooling you.It's not going to happen for a while. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/22/05 at 4:26 pm

I was just fooling you.It's not going to happen for a while. ;D

;D I figured you were just messing.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 4:26 pm

;D I figured you were just messing.

But I'll let you all know when that day arrives.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/22/05 at 7:15 pm

*thumbs up*

~Beth

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/22/05 at 8:14 pm

I'm sure you will.  ;D

Written By: Ripp on 07/24/05 at 11:51 am

Ripp manages to create the World Record amount of Game threads and has now bought a company for making gaming threads. You can buy her book, "How my imagination bought me fame", which has now got a game thread based after it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/05 at 1:30 pm

Cat disappears into obserity and no one even gives her a second thought (except for those really close to her-because she still stays in touch with them.)

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 07/24/05 at 3:01 pm

Cat disappears into obserity and no one even gives her a second thought (except for those really close to her-because she still stays in touch with them.)

Cat

I heard that Cat had moved to Berkeley, and is campaigning for the re-election of Mayor Don Carlos.

(for those who don't know Berkeley, it is an extremely liberal city)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/05 at 5:41 pm

I heard that Cat had moved to Berkeley, and is campaigning for the re-election of Mayor Don Carlos.

(for those who don't know Berkeley, it is an extremely liberal city)

Carlos re-election may be one thing but NOT in California.  :P  But where ever Carlos is, you can be sure that Cat will be at his side.  ;D

Cat

Written By: whitewolf on 07/24/05 at 10:22 pm

Mickey Mouse is dead,

he was on the run for a week, the main suspect in his demise is ktelqueen

apparently she was afraid of an attack and laid out a trap to do him in.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/24/05 at 10:54 pm

Mickey Mouse is dead,

he was on the run for a week, the main suspect in his demise is ktelqueen

apparently she was afraid of an attack and laid out a trap to do him in.

that's great,Tina  ;D..let's hope Minnie Mouse isn't on tomorrow night's broadcast  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 7:45 pm

News Flash:

THE END IS NIGH! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...