inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: revenge

Written By: whitewolf on 07/23/05 at 9:12 pm

I have started with my  plan that's gonna make the person"s(who is spreading stories about my daughter)  life a living hell
even if it means letting her kids know that she smokes pot.
and I am letting everyone who she talks bad about behind their back what she really thinks about them. Plus I am gonna let her know how it feels to have your child talked about by letting people know that it was her kids that almost burned down the neighborhood a couple weeks ago.

Is there anyone that you want to get revenge on?

Subject: Re: revenge

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/23/05 at 9:18 pm

I have started with my  plan that's gonna make the person"s(who is spreading stories about my daughter)  life a living hell
and I am letting everyone who she talks bad about behind their back what she really thinks about them. Plus I am gonna let her know how it feels to have your child talked about by letting people know that it was her kids that almost burned down the neighborhood a couple weeks ago.

Wow, What kind of stories, if you don't mind me asking? Must be pretty bad.

~Beth

Written By: Jessica on 07/24/05 at 3:03 am

Heh...she can't be that much of a good influence if she smokes pot. I'm not usually a violent or vengeful person, but I think you have a case here, whitewolf. :)

Hmmm....revenge. I'd love for something bad to happen to that skank who was talking smack about my husband. She deserves a Karma slap, BIG TIME.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/24/05 at 5:59 am

Revenge usually backfires. I let it go. I figure in time they will get their dues. IMO this make me the better person. ;)  It is hard sometimes because there are some people I want to seek revenge on so bad.  >:( Still. ..I remind myself that I need to be avove all that. :)

Not saying what you are doing is wrong..just not for me. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/05 at 7:19 am

In your face revenge usually backfires.  I go with the "best served cold" model.  I would let her know that
it would be best to keep her mouth shut about your daughter, but if you start telling people about her
kids it wouldn't be a good idea unless you have solid proof.  People would wonder why you never came
forward before and question your motive.  The best thing to do is to steer clear of her, people like that don't need someone to make an a$$hole out of them, they end up making a$$holes of themselves.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/24/05 at 7:43 am

There was once this kid in one of my classes who used to drive me mad by shouting abuse across the room at me and stirring sh*t. At the end of one of the lessons, I asked him what his f*king problem was, but he started going on even more. That was it, I snapped. My revenge on him was that I jumped him in the park near my school and all hell broke loose. I found myself having to be rived from him using a crowbar . I got into pretty deep trouble for it, but I burst his lip, gave him a black eye and ripped his uniform and he's never said anything to me since  :)
Unfortunately, that's just one example of many times when i've got into fights with smart arses who mouth off to me. I usually just smack them in the mouth for it, but I don't think that's a suitable method in your case, Whitewolf!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 07/24/05 at 9:36 am

Hmmmm. Revenge is a dish served cold, eh?  ;)

I'm not cold or calculating enough to seek revenge on anyone. I usually leave it up to karma and let my positive outlook expose these people for what they are.

Counter the bad with the good, Whitewolf.  ;) :)

Written By: Paul on 07/24/05 at 11:20 am

Hmmmm. Revenge is a dish served cold, eh?  ;)

Preferably with a ton of custard over it...

I'm not cold or calculating enough to seek revenge on anyone. I usually leave it up to karma and let my positive outlook expose these people for what they are.

Neither am I, but I will harbour a grudge to those who cross me...

I've only ever attacked one person physically in my life and that was in childhood...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/24/05 at 12:38 pm

I'm not the type to seek revenge.

Written By: jiminy on 07/24/05 at 1:27 pm

there is an ebook you can download online called the CIA book of dirty tricks

Written By: tv on 07/24/05 at 1:45 pm

Remember 2 wrongs to make a right. I wouldn't go tell her kids that their mom smokes pot. rumors are spreading around a school all the time. I had a rumor spread around about me that I was getting let go out of a job a few months back and a person I talk too knew about it a week before I did. Don't you think I was mad at the person(whoever it was) that spread the rumor around that I was getting the boot? Yes but there is nothing I can do about it. Look there is rumors spread around all the time with kids and even adults at the workplace who apparently have no lives of their own. So relax. People spread rumors all the time about each other. I  used to be the king about rumors spread about me especially with girls I liked it bothered me because its nobody;s business but I have learned there is always going to be people like that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/05 at 1:53 pm

I did get revenge on several people-but not by seeking it. Over the course of the years, there had been people who treated me like sh*t. I am getting my revenge now because I am VERY happy, and have a great life. I'm sure they lives are cr*p. That is my revenge.

Basically, what goes around, comes around. Or in Wiccan terms-the 3 fold rule. Whatever you do to/for someone, comes back to you three-fold.

Cat

Written By: gemini61 on 07/24/05 at 1:56 pm

Her bad deeds will catch up with her eventually. I don't like to waste that much time and energy on someone like that.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/25/05 at 9:59 am

Remember 2 wrongs to make a right. I wouldn't go tell her kids that their mom smokes pot. rumors are spreading around a school all the time. I had a rumor spread around about me that I was getting let go out of a job a few months back and a person I talk too knew about it a week before I did. Don't you think I was mad at the person(whoever it was) that spread the rumor around that I was getting the boot? Yes but there is nothing I can do about it. Look there is rumors spread around all the time with kids and even adults at the workplace who apparently have no lives of their own. So relax. People spread rumors all the time about each other. I  used to be the king about rumors spread about me especially with girls I liked it bothered me because its nobody;s business but I have learned there is always going to be people like that.

this isn't happening at school, or by a kid. it's an adult doing it. If it was some kid I would let my daughter handle it. but when it comes to an adult trying to ruin my kids life, look out.

I won't really tell her kids that she smokes pot, I will just talk about it when they are close enough to hear.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 6:28 pm

I want to get revenge on a guy who I used to be friends with but after a while,Our friendship became toxic and I dumped him.He then called me up to tell Robin and I to go to hell after I didn't want to spend time with him anymore! >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 07/25/05 at 10:07 pm

No doubt.  Don't mess with my kid, mama bear doesn't like you to mess with her kid.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/25/05 at 10:16 pm

Sometimes that is they only way to get through to the kids. 

Written By: Dagwood on 07/25/05 at 10:20 pm

Taste of his own medicine. ;)

Written By: jaytee on 07/25/05 at 10:40 pm

I'm a big believer in what goes round comes round - I've seen it happen time and time again.  I don't waste my time and energy anymore thinking about revenge or what people have done to me.  They always will get what's coming to them. ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/25/05 at 11:17 pm

I'm not the type to seek revenge.

like sister like sister  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/26/05 at 1:09 am

like sister like sister  ;)

;)

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/05 at 1:25 am

Preferably with a ton of custard over it...

Mmmmmm . . . Now we're talking.  8)

Neither am I, but I will harbour a grudge to those who cross me...

I understand. I just simply ignore or avoid them.  ;D

I've only ever attacked one person physically in my life and that was in childhood...

You're a good man, Paul.  8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/26/05 at 1:30 am

You're a good man, Paul.  8)

Of course he is!!  ::) ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/26/05 at 6:54 pm

There are a few people that I want revenge on but I know myself to just leave well enough alone ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/26/05 at 6:56 pm

After yesterday and today i've got a hitlist as long as my arm of people I would quite happily leave dying slowly and painfully impaled on a rusted metal spike....

Written By: Howard on 07/26/05 at 6:58 pm

After yesterday and today i've got a hitlist as long as my arm of people I would quite happily leave dying slowly and painfully impaled on a rusted metal spike....

That's what I want to do some person that told Robin and I to go to hell! >:(

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/26/05 at 6:59 pm

That's what I want to do some person that told Robin and I to go to hell! >:(

That's what I want to do to almost every single b*stard that walked into my shop today

Written By: jiminy on 07/26/05 at 7:06 pm

how long are your arms?  ::)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/26/05 at 7:06 pm

how long are your arms?  ::)

Very funny, you know what I mean! Don't p!ss me off, i'm a DAK on the edge  :D

Written By: jiminy on 07/26/05 at 7:08 pm

Very funny, you know what I mean! Don't p!ss me off, i'm a DAK on the edge  :D

you don't spell is as "DAK" but you're close   ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/26/05 at 7:09 pm

you don't spell is as "DAK" but you're close   ;D

.... ???

...oh, right!  ;D  Ugh

Written By: ADH13 on 07/26/05 at 8:46 pm

Basically, what goes around, comes around. Or in Wiccan terms-the 3 fold rule. Whatever you do to/for someone, comes back to you three-fold.

Cat

I wish I could agree with you, Cat... for me it seems like whenever I try to be nice and generous I end up getting screwed while the a$$holes are happily getting ahead

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/05 at 10:30 am

I wish I could agree with you, Cat... for me it seems like whenever I try to be nice and generous I end up getting screwed while the a$$holes are happily getting ahead

Yeah, sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice. I once told my dad that my New Years Resolution was that I was going to be a real  b!tch. He laughed and said, "It will never happen." He was right for the most part.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/27/05 at 6:54 pm

I'd like to get revenge on the people who used me as a doormat in the past >:(

Written By: whitewolf on 07/27/05 at 7:04 pm

I know what you mean, you're nice and think a person is a "friend" and they turn out to be two-faced >:(

Written By: Harmonica on 07/27/05 at 8:12 pm

The kind of revenge I want is not the mean sorta revenge that you do something to someone because they hurt you, or you want to hurt them.  Mine is more of the friendly competition revenge sorta deal. Which of course makes no sense to any of you.

Lost some matches in high school that I'd like to have back. Hell even if I lost again, I'd just like to wrestle those kids again.  Win or lose, shake hands before, shake hands after, but during the match let's have an all out battle.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/27/05 at 8:26 pm

I know what you mean, you're nice and think a person is a "friend" and they turn out to be two-faced >:(

Yes, I have learned this many times.. and I have managed to turn my "sensitivity meter" way down to the point where not many people are able to hurt me.    But the few who I deeply care about can hurt me bad.. it really sucks when that happens.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/27/05 at 8:48 pm

Yes, I have learned this many times.. and I have managed to turn my "sensitivity meter" way down to the point where not many people are able to hurt me.    But the few who I deeply care about can hurt me bad.. it really sucks when that happens.

I didn't trust people for a long time. It hurts twice as much because I let these people teach me to have faith and trust in people again-and they also taught me that I was a fool to trust them.

They don't know what i am capable of but soon they will.

I started with my revenge-

people who they are supposed to be friends with now know what is said behind their backs.
When my hubby went to visit them(yes he still talks to them) their daughter was walking through my yard, I said (loud enough for their kid to hear) where the f*ck are you going-to smoke up with them again?
I would love to see the look on her face when her daughter asks about that.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/27/05 at 9:49 pm

I didn't trust people for a long time. It hurts twice as much because I let these people teach me to have faith and trust in people again-and they also taught me that I was a fool to trust them.

They don't know what i am capable of but soon they will.

I started with my revenge-

people who they are supposed to be friends with now know what is said behind their backs.
When my hubby went to visit them(yes he still talks to them) their daughter was walking through my yard, I said (loud enough for their kid to hear) where the f*ck are you going-to smoke up with them again?
I would love to see the look on her face when her daughter asks about that.

How would you like if your best friend of many years ran into financial trouble and borrowed money from you, only to start avoiding you when it was time to pay you back?  Then when he/she's not able to avoid you anymore, he/she comes up with some stupid reason to stop talking to you altogether, thinking that it will relieve him/her of his/her debt...

Written By: whitewolf on 07/27/05 at 9:58 pm

How would you like if your best friend of many years ran into financial trouble and borrowed money from you, only to start avoiding you when it was time to pay you back?  Then when he/she's not able to avoid you anymore, he/she comes up with some stupid reason to stop talking to you altogether, thinking that it will relieve him/her of his/her debt...

I would be really p!ssed off and if he/she won't talk to you I would ask his/her spouse(if there is one) when do you think that I can get paid back. If there isn't a spouse I would ask the parents to remind their child that debts have to be repaid.

If they won't talk to you, you have nothing to lose by doing any of that.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/27/05 at 10:01 pm

I would be really p!ssed off and if he/she won't talk to you I would ask his/her spouse(if there is one) when do you think that I can get paid back. If there isn't a spouse I would ask the parents to remind their child that debts have to be repaid.

If they won't talk to you, you have nothing to lose by doing any of that.

haha HIS excuse for not talking to me anymore is that his wife is now jealous of me & him being friends and is threatening divorce. lol

I don't really know his wife...

Written By: whitewolf on 07/27/05 at 10:04 pm

haha HIS excuse for not talking to me anymore is that his wife is now jealous of me & him being friends and is threatening divorce. lol

I don't really know his wife...

I would ask her if that was true and if it is not I would tell her where you heard it. If it is true, lie and say that you had him when you were teens or something and he didn't have what you wanted the first time so I doubt that he will have it now. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 07/27/05 at 10:07 pm

I would ask her if that was true and if it is not I would tell her where you heard it. If it is true, lie and say that you had him when you were teens or something and he didn't have what you wanted the first time so I doubt that he will have it now. ;D

hahaha well I just think it's funny that he sure didn't have any trouble talking to me when he needed money...  it's really sad though he was one of the few people I felt I could talk to about anything and everything..

Written By: whitewolf on 07/27/05 at 10:11 pm

hahaha well I just think it's funny that he sure didn't have any trouble talking to me when he needed money...   it's really sad though he was one of the few people I felt I could talk to about anything and everything..

Nobody ever has trouble finding you when they want something, but can't when it comes payback time.

Written By: ADH13 on 07/27/05 at 11:24 pm

It would suck....that's why I make it a habit to never loan friends money and when I've loaned it to family, they've had to sign (and I get it notarized) an IOU (that our lawyer drew up, which gives me detailed recourse if they fail to repay it).  And yes, I HAVE made 2 family members sign this (they weren't happy about it, but they both paid me back....well, my younger brother is almost paid off as his was set up as monthly payments....the 1 month he was late, I took his truck for a day).

well the good thing (just incase i have to go to court) is that I wrote a check so I can prove I gave him the money, and i have emails from him acknowledging that he owes me money... i'm giving it a little bit more time before I do that though...

Check for new replies or respond here...