inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baby, baby. Please let me hold him, I want to make him stay up all night.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/24/05 at 8:32 am

Neal Raymond Grosvenor (with mother Susan Grosvenor).

Born July 24th, 2005 4:46 AM. 7lbs, 11.6 ounces, picture taken at about 5AM.

Water broke around noon on Saturday the 23rd.  Susan was fully dilated at 4AM sunday morning, it came very quickly at that point.

Subject: Re: Baby, baby. Please let me hold him, I want to make him stay up all night.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/24/05 at 8:38 am

one more picture, a couple hours later

Subject: Re: Baby, baby. Please let me hold him, I want to make him stay up all night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 8:39 am

Well done.

Something my mother always does and I continue, is that on viewing a new baby for the first time, is to place a silver coin into the babies hand, for good luck and prospective richness for the little one, as you are the other side of the pond, it is difficult to achieve that act.

Well done once again.  

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/24/05 at 8:40 am

Well done.

Something my mother always does and I continue, is that on viewing a new baby for the first time, is to place a silver coin into the babies hand, for good luck and prospective richness for the little one, as you are the other side of the pond, it is difficult to achieve that act.

Well done once again. 

They're so germ phobic over here, I doubt I'd get to do that.  I do have some silver quarters (pre 1965) hanging around though, and they have the sterile wash everywhere.

Written By: jaytee on 07/24/05 at 8:45 am

Congratulations to you and Susan on the birth of Neal. :)  Let the good times roll. :) 

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/24/05 at 8:46 am

Congrats, Chucky  :)

Written By: jaytee on 07/24/05 at 8:47 am

Well done.

Well done once again.  

My elderly next door neighbour used to do that too.  I still have the coins he gave to my babies  :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/24/05 at 9:16 am

Congratulations man!  :D 8)

It's a very lovely baby. Well done to you both.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/24/05 at 9:21 am

congratulations, chucky. what a beautiful baby.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 9:23 am

They're so germ phobic over here, I doubt I'd get to do that.  I do have some silver quarters (pre 1965) hanging around though, and they have the sterile wash everywhere.
Of course the little one does not hold it for long, the one of the parents soon take it over.

Written By: Paul on 07/24/05 at 11:17 am

Congratulations to you all...

As for holding, well...he's all yours...

I'm completely awkward with babies...I nearly dropped the last one I was given...

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/24/05 at 11:26 am

He looks exhausted, can't blame the little tyke must be a knackering business being born.

Glad it all went off without a hitch mate.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/24/05 at 11:29 am

wow Chucky!very exciting!!Neal is sweet  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/24/05 at 11:47 am

Congrads, Chuck!  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/24/05 at 11:49 am

Congratulations, Chucky.

Beth :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/24/05 at 12:33 pm

Chucky, your new son is beautiful!!!!  :)

Many congratulations to you and your lovely wife, Susan!

Oh, and I really like the name you have chosen for him!!

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/24/05 at 1:08 pm

Congrats Chucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice use of a Talking Heads song lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/05 at 1:24 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

May all three of you have wonderful years ahead full of love, health, and happiness.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 1:25 pm

Chuck, do you have other children, or is this your first?

Written By: gemini61 on 07/24/05 at 1:53 pm

Congrats to you and your wife, Chucky! He's a beautiful baby.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/24/05 at 3:13 pm

one more, a couple hours later
For a second there, by what you just wrote, I though she had another one a few hours later!! Congratualations to you and yours, Chucky ;)

Written By: Gis on 07/24/05 at 3:32 pm

Huge Congratulations to you both, or should that be to you three !

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/24/05 at 3:58 pm

Congratulations again!  :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/24/05 at 4:30 pm

Awwe...Congratulations Chucky ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/05 at 4:31 pm

Think of late nights and early morning ahead for you both now.

Written By: nally on 07/24/05 at 5:21 pm

Congratulations on becoming a dad, Chucky!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/24/05 at 6:14 pm

congrats Chucky! Your baby boy is beautiful!

Erin :)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/05 at 6:36 pm

Congrats Chucky and Susan.  He is a beautiful baby. :)

Written By: TC1970 on 07/24/05 at 7:03 pm

Congrats, Chucky  :) Your wife and baby are both beautiful.

Written By: mandamoo on 07/25/05 at 2:55 am

Congratulations to you and your wife, Chucky !  He is a gorgeous baby  :)

Written By: dude on 07/25/05 at 5:00 am

Congratulations Chucky and Susan! You done GOOD!!

Written By: karen on 07/25/05 at 5:32 am

Congratulations Susan and Chucky.  Neal looks a little sweetheart.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/25/05 at 9:58 am

Thanks everyone!

This is the first, and no, it was just one!

He gets to come home with us tomorrow.  A little sooner than expected, but more than happy he's here now.

Written By: Junior on 07/25/05 at 12:35 pm

Congrats! :) :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/05 at 12:41 pm

Thanks everyone!

This is the first, and no, it was just one!

He gets to come home with us tomorrow.  A little sooner than expected, but more than happy he's here now.
My wife and I stopped at one, and as time when on and prove to be, one was/is enough.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/25/05 at 12:44 pm

My wife and I stopped at one, and as time when on and prove to be, one was/is enough.

My husband and I stopped at two....we felt one girl and one boy was perfect!  8)

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/25/05 at 1:45 pm

Bit late, but:  Congratulations! nonetheless.   :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/25/05 at 4:10 pm

Well done Lady and Sir Penguin.  Beautiful baby.  Wishing all of you all the best.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/25/05 at 4:46 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the club.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/05 at 5:15 pm

Hubby wanted one, I wanted 2.....we ended up with 3.....good thing he didn't want 3 & me 4 or we'd have had 7 :D
Are you both going for a football team?

Written By: jackas on 07/25/05 at 5:33 pm

Awwwww....  What a cute little baby!

Congratulations to you and your wife! :)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 5:56 pm

Congratulations Chucky and your wife for a beautiful baby! :)

Written By: jaytee on 07/25/05 at 10:36 pm

We stopped at four - 2 girls and 2 boys - the more the merrier I say!  :D

Written By: karen on 07/26/05 at 3:19 am

My husband and I stopped at two....we felt one girl and one boy was perfect!  8)

ditto.  Although I'd probably would have stopped at two if both had been girls

Written By: chaka on 07/26/05 at 6:50 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!
:)

Written By: goodsin on 07/26/05 at 8:00 am

Congratulations, Chucky! I hope the new addition to your family brings you much happiness.

Written By: gambo on 07/26/05 at 8:30 am

Congratulations Chucky & Susan - what a beautiful little pengiun.  Best wishes to you three and welcome to the 00s, Neal!

John

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/26/05 at 9:42 am

Thanks everyone (some more)

We're home now, Neal enjoyed his ride home (I hated it, way more traffic than the same exact time yesterday, I was the one sounding like a baby!)

I'll be happy to sleep in my own bed, but then again, they'd stick Neal in the nursery at night, so we slept right right through the night (not that we got much sleep anyways).  Tonight will be a little more interesting.

I told Susan that right now, despite the discomfort, she's living every woman's dream.  Her stomache is getting smaller, and her breasts are growing larger.  She just doesn't appreciate it >grin<

Written By: Powerslave on 07/26/05 at 10:39 am

Congratulations Chucky!

Written By: 2nz on 07/26/05 at 3:07 pm

Congratulations Chucky and Susan. And welcome to the world, Neal.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/26/05 at 4:09 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11753.0;id=7065;image

Awww look at the darling tiny baby and mummy    :) :)

Well done Mr and Mrs Chucky - that's just sooo lovely    :)

Written By: jiminy on 07/26/05 at 5:40 pm

Congratulations, Chucky

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/26/05 at 6:11 pm

I started his first website, gotta catch 'em when they're young.  I was going to do it Sunday but needless to say, way too busy.

http://nealgrosvenor.com

or my prefered shortcut

http://nealray.com

I'll stick new pictures there as I get them off the camera.  Maybe some short video clips too!

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/26/05 at 6:16 pm

How'd I not see this sooner!?

A sincerest congradulations to you both Chucky! :) Neal's a cute little guy for sure! I'm sure being a new dad has got to be a great, indescribeable feeling.

As for the number of kids - I think I'd like to have 2 or 3. In my parents' case, I was an only child - I think one of me is enough! ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/26/05 at 6:21 pm

Chucky,Congratulations My man.You made it! :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/26/05 at 8:04 pm

Lovely baby. Lovely woman you have, too.  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/26/05 at 8:44 pm

I started his first website, gotta catch 'em when they're young.  I was going to do it Sunday but needless to say, way too busy.

http://nealgrosvenor.com

or my prefered shortcut

http://nealray.com

I'll stick new pictures there as I get them off the camera.  Maybe some short video clips too!

what an awesome idea you have there! Keep the pictures coming!

Erin :)

Written By: Hairspray on 07/27/05 at 11:23 am

Congratulations!! :) :D :)

Written By: Howard on 07/27/05 at 6:31 pm

I wish you all the very best Chuck. :)

Written By: AngeliK on 07/28/05 at 6:33 am

awwww so cute! Congratulations Chucky :)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/28/05 at 3:29 pm

Congratulations ChuckyG and Susan for bringing Neal into the world. Best wishes for you all. :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 07/29/05 at 8:01 pm

Congratulations Chucky and Susan!  :)

And welcome to the world Neal!
   :)

Your son looks adorable, Chucky! I hope his life will be long and prosperous.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 07/30/05 at 4:24 am

I told Susan that right now, despite the discomfort, she's living every woman's dream.  Her stomache is getting smaller, and her breasts are growing larger.  She just doesn't appreciate it >grin<

BWHAHAHAHAHA  good one !!

Hearty congrats to you and Susan Chucky. Neal is a little cutie indeed. And tell Susan she did a brilliant job of looking so fab for photos so soon after the birth !!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/05 at 7:53 am

No, that wasn't such a good thing to say.  Best to keep it simple like 'your beautiful" thank you" and of
course "I love you".  There are serious pratfalls when telling a woman who has just given birth what
she should and shouldn't be happy about, no matter what your intention may be. ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/30/05 at 7:44 pm

No, that wasn't such a good thing to say.  Best to keep it simple like 'your beautiful" thank you" and of
course "I love you".  There are serious pratfalls when telling a woman who has just given birth what
she should and shouldn't be happy about, no matter what your intention may be. ;)

Don't worry, she knows how to tolerate my warped sense of humour by now...

I haven't done a solo diaper change, but I've been helping with them, and preparing formula, doing laundry, etc.  We're both pretty exhausted at this point.

Written By: nally on 07/31/05 at 4:12 pm

Don't worry, she knows how to tolerate my warped sense of humour by now...

I haven't done a solo diaper change, but I've been helping with them, and preparing formula, doing laundry, etc.  We're both pretty exhausted at this point.

I would imagine. :-\\ ;) I see you've un-stickied this topic.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/31/05 at 5:21 pm

I would imagine. :-\\ ;) I see you've un-stickied this topic.

yeah.  It's been a week, I don't need to brag for all of eternity. >grin<

I've got some photo gallery software setup on the nealgrosvenor site to publish all the pictures in, which should be good enough for anyone interested in the baby.

Written By: nally on 08/01/05 at 3:58 pm

yeah.  It's been a week, I don't need to brag for all of eternity. >grin<

I've got some photo gallery software setup on the nealgrosvenor site to publish all the pictures in, which should be good enough for anyone interested in the baby.

Sounds good to me. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...