inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help Me Out...if you can!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 7:24 pm

For YEARS no radio station out here will play Rick Springfield. I talked to a guy at one of the stations here and he told me that if I could supply him with proof that other stations anywhere play his stuff, I should let him know. Please, if you're not a fan of him or not, let me know if you've heard him on any Classic Rock stations ;)

Subject: Re: Help Me Out...if you can!

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/25/05 at 7:30 pm

Another fan here. :)

In the 80's, I'd guess he was able to get on "AOR"/rock stations - it was more lenient then as opposed to today.

He rocks hard enough to be in a league with the Romantics, Loverboy and Eddie Money, yet he's very "pop" too, so that's probably why classic (or other) "rock" stations won't play him. And he's maybe considered a little too loud for the soft rock formats, so other than the 80's flashback type of program, he's pretty much been eliminated from playlists - that's unfortunate. :(

There's ONE station here that I've heard playing "Don't Talk to Strangers" and "Jesse's Girl" - one of those "anything from anytime" formats - San Jose's best station IMO, called MAX 95.7 FM.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 7:35 pm

Another fan here. :)

In the 80's, I'd guess he was able to get on "AOR"/rock stations - it was more lenient then as opposed to today.

He rocks hard enough to be in a league with the Romantics, Loverboy and Eddie Money, yet he's very "pop" too, so that's probably why classic (or other) "rock" stations won't play him. And he's maybe considered a little too loud for the soft rock formats, so other than the 80's flashback type of program, he's pretty much been eliminated from playlists - that's unfortunate. :(

There's ONE station here that I've heard playing "Don't Talk to Strangers" and "Jesse's Girl" - one of those "anything from anytime" formats - San Jose's best station IMO, called MAX 95.7 FM.
It's not a Classic Rock station though, right?  I'm getting closer to getting him to at least play "Affair Of The Heart"...because they do play Gerry Rafferty, Elton John etc.  He just needs proof from a station (Classic Rock) that plays him :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/25/05 at 7:38 pm

It's not a Classic Rock station though, right? I'm getting closer to getting him to at least play "Affair Of The Heart"...because they do play Gerry Rafferty, Elton John etc. He just needs proof from a station (Classic Rock) that plays him :)

Technically they're not, but it seems in the month or two they've been on, they DO play alot of classic rock (the most of any other genre) from, say 1970-85 as the biggest years.

"Affair of the Heart" is great - I actually think that might get more of a chance to get airplay since it's one of his heavier-edged songs.

I could try and request it at one of my local stations and see if it gets accepted. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 7:46 pm

Technically they're not, but it seems in the month or two they've been on, they DO play alot of classic rock (the most of any other genre) from, say 1970-85 as the biggest years.

"Affair of the Heart" is great - I actually think that might get more of a chance to get airplay since it's one of his heavier-edged songs.

I could try and request it at one of my local stations and see if it gets accepted. :)
That's what I suggested and think I'vce got him on the hook...that song and the song Sammy Hagar wrote and then gavce to Rick "I've Done Everything For You"...thanks for trying to help, and please let me know if the guys would actually stick anything on the playlist ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/25/05 at 7:51 pm

Hey Mark!

I LOVE Rick Springfield's music!! "Affair of the Heart" is one of my favorite songs of his.  There is a local radio station, called "Music Power 104 FM"...they don't play ALL classic rock...but they play so much music that other stations would never consider ever playing. Anyways, they play a lot of Rick Springfield songs, as well as alot of other classic rock musicians.

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 7:53 pm

I've heard him on Q 104.3 Classic Rock in New York,Mark. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 7:56 pm

Hey Mark!

I LOVE Rick Springfield's music!! "Affair of the Heart" is one of my favorite songs of his.  There is a local radio station, called "Music Power 104 FM"...they don't play ALL classic rock...but they play so much music that other stations would never consider ever playing. Anyways, they play a lot of Rick Springfield songs, as well as alot of other classic rock musicians.

Thanks Erin, but he was adamant about it being a Classic Rock station :-\\ It's really cool to know you like him as well :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 7:57 pm

I've heard him on Q 104.3 Classic Rock in New York,Mark. :)
Thanks Howard...I'll give them a call tomorrow and if all goes well I'll pass the info on to Jason.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/25/05 at 8:00 pm

I also think I have heard him on our local classic rock station, which would be: Classic Rock 97 FM RRK.  Here's the website if you wanna take a look at the kinds of stuff they play.  http://www.rrk.com/.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Howard...I'll give them a call tomorrow and if all goes well I'll pass the info on to Jason.

So,you're going to call Q 104.3 from where you live? ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 8:03 pm

So,you're going to call Q 104.3 from where you live? ???
Yes Howard...I'm going to use my friends cellphone ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 8:04 pm

Yes Howard...I'm going to use my friends cellphone ;)

Good Luck Mark ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/25/05 at 8:05 pm

http://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/hug.gif

:) ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 8:06 pm

Good Luck Mark ;)
Thanks, Howard ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 8:07 pm

Thanks, Howard ;)

How much do you think a phone call from where you are would be?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 8:08 pm

:) ;)
My "Hug" didn't work...so I'll try again along with a  :-*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/25/05 at 8:08 pm

My "Hug" didn't work...so I'll try again along with a  :-*

you're too much Mark!! LOL! ;D :D

Erin :) :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 8:11 pm

How much do you think a phone call from where you are would be?
Too much...my friend is doing me a huge favor as she doesn't havce many minutes left...so it will be the only call I make.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 8:38 pm

you're too much Mark!! LOL! ;D :D

Erin :) :P
Well, the hug didn't work so I had to give you something!  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/25/05 at 9:06 pm

I saw the hug ???

Sorry, can't help you here...the only station I've heard him on is 95.9 (The River) which is a Soft Rock station....except I think I've heard him on 101.9 (The Mix) in the "Retro 80s @ 8" show.
Well then YOU get a hug as well, I appreciate you trying ;) http://www.geocities.com/klaatu_77/hug.gif

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/26/05 at 4:52 am

Our only classic rock station used to play "Jessie's Girl" ...not sure if it still does.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/26/05 at 6:25 am

I here Rick Springfield all the time on The Mix WK 97.3 Wheeling Wv.  I don't know why any classic rock station would refuse to play his music.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/26/05 at 10:19 am

Our only classic rock station used to play "Jessie's Girl" ...not sure if it still does.
Please send me the link...to the Classic Rock one ??? ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/28/05 at 2:40 pm

More Classic Rock links...please?

Check for new replies or respond here...