inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going back to college...any scholarship/grant ideas?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/25/05 at 8:57 pm

Hey guys!

I am planning on going back to college real soon to finish my degree. I have about 75 credits already accumulated, so I would only have about 2 years to go.  I was wondering if any of you have gone back to college as an adult and if so, were there any special scholarships/grants that you took advantage of.  I am majoring in photography and minoring in business.  Any suggestions/comments/or input would be greatly appreciated!

Erin :)

Subject: Re: Going back to college...any scholarship/grant ideas?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/05 at 11:20 am

I was VERY lucky. When I went back, the VA paid for EVERYTHING-tuition, books, supplies, and even gave me a check every month I was in school. I tried to get them to continue for grad school but they wouldn't do it.  :\'(  For grad school, I had use my ace-in-the-hole, my grandmother.

I'm sure there are many scholarships out there-the question is finding them. I'm sure if you do a google search, you can find some that you qualify for. Keep us informed how the search goes.

Cat

Subject: Re: Going back to college...any scholarship/grant ideas?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/26/05 at 2:48 pm

Thanks Cat and Crazymom for your responses!!

Erin :)

Check for new replies or respond here...