inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What KIND of threads do you like to post/reply to?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/30/05 at 2:20 pm

Even though it can become apparent from just reading someone's replies over time, I thought it would be cool to see what everyone liked (or for that matter, didn't like) writing about.

I like a little bit of everything, but my most common threads of interest are split about evenly between:

-Movie/music/TV/video game discussion - I can never get tired of that
-Fun threads in the PPP (eg: "What if", "Copy/imitation posts", "Ask ")
-Pop culture discussion (eg: How much 80's culture was left in 1991)
-Anything that sort of helps you get to know people better (again frequenly in PPP), serious and fun alike.

I don't have any that I specifically dislike or that bother me (even if some don't interest me, I still respect people who do like it) but I usually stay away from the Political topics. It can cause bickering, and I'm the sort of guy who'd rather discuss fun stuff as opposed p_ssing someone off. Exceptions are when I have a strong opinion that I think I can word it well enough for both sides.

Subject: Re: What KIND of threads do you like to post/reply to?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/30/05 at 5:26 pm

General conversation threads, threads where I can sit and have a chat to someone in, things like that. Can't stand the AmIRight threads, i'm not keen on the Penguin Board Games (Only use under extreme boredome circumstances), and anything about the 80s or 90s or 70s or whatever. That's why I usually just post in the Playful Penguin Place, and sometimes the Penguin Rating Threads, they're cool  8)

Written By: ADH13 on 07/30/05 at 5:30 pm

I like the Playful Penguin ones where people tell about their experiences, etc.  I like surveys but I usually don't answer polls.

I also like the political boards, and the 80's board.

I really like threads that remind me of something I had forgotten all about.  The recent 80's thread about "Bookcovers" was a good example.  I'd forgotten all about those paper bag bookcovers.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/05 at 5:33 pm

I tend to post mainly in the Playful Penguin Place or Boardgames section but have often frequented the Before 60s/60s/70s and 80s boards.  :)

I used to post in the political boards at one point.

Written By: ktelqueen on 07/30/05 at 5:35 pm

I tend to post mainly in the Playful Penguin Place or Boardgames section but have often frequented the Before 60s/60s/70s and 80s boards.  :)

I used to post in the political boards at one point.

boardgames and playful..never political and sometimes decades  :)

Written By: gemini on 07/30/05 at 5:35 pm

Before the 70s and the 70s, 2000 sometimes, and the PPP mainly. I don't think I've ever posted in the Penguin Ratings threads.   :-\\

Written By: jiminy on 07/30/05 at 5:43 pm

just about any, I haven't posted in the parody boards or the selling and looking for stuff boards

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/30/05 at 6:00 pm

Anything that sparks my interest. I've visited every section in this place at least once

Written By: Apricot on 07/30/05 at 6:02 pm

Uh.... I like threads that are open to any discussion WITHOUT BEING SPAM THREADS. I also like some Ask threads.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/30/05 at 7:04 pm

Most threads in the Playful Penguin Place. I also like filling out surveys, sometimes.

Beth

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/30/05 at 8:25 pm

Basically anything in these forums:
Playful Penguin Place
Penguin Board Games
Penguin Ratings

I rarely, if ever visit these forums:
Before The 70s
The 70s
The 80s
The 90s
Politics
Lyrics/Parodies
Wanted/Selling
Places That Don't Exist

I occasionally visit these forums (if something strikes my interest):
The 00s
Penguin Quizzes
News
Lend A Wing Up

Written By: Sammy Reed on 07/30/05 at 11:23 pm

If you want to see all the kinds of stuff I write about, just type "Sammy Reed" in the search form. I think that will speak for itself.  :-[

Written By: nally on 07/31/05 at 4:09 pm

The kind of threads I like to post and/or reply to:

Board Game threads about songs/bands/artists/celebrities/etc.
Threads about songs
Most threads in Penguin Quizzes
Any threads about baseball

The forums that I visit the most are PBG, PPP, Penguin Quizzes, and the decade forums.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/05 at 7:14 pm

Playful Penguin Place

Written By: Apricot on 08/01/05 at 7:17 pm

^ Well, keep in mind, a lot of the threads are postwhore or spam.

Written By: goodsin on 08/03/05 at 2:18 am

Any thread that takes my fancy- yes, sometimes even the postwhore threads, Apricot! (Good to see you're back, by the way...)

Most threads with irreverence/ humour catch my eye. I often have to wait for Jiminy to 'lower the tone' before I can post my base replies, though!  ;D (Sorry Jiminy, you know I like your posts really- some of the funniest things I've read on this site have been posted by yourself)

Don't tend to post in the Political board much anymore, find most of the issues are involving US internal politics/ characters that I'm not familiar with, and think I know the opinions of most of the regular posters there on issues I am concerned about.

Would post more on the adult version of this board, as I think it suits my sense of humour more, but I write on here from work & think that site infringes my company's IT policy, so don't get on there very often.

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/05 at 11:32 am

Any thread that takes my fancy- yes, sometimes even the postwhore threads, Apricot! (Good to see you're back, by the way...)

Most threads with irreverence/ humour catch my eye. I often have to wait for Jiminy to 'lower the tone' before I can post my base replies, though!  ;D (Sorry Jiminy, you know I like your posts really- some of the funniest things I've read on this site have been posted by yourself)

Don't tend to post in the Political board much anymore, find most of the issues are involving US internal politics/ characters that I'm not familiar with, and think I know the opinions of most of the regular posters there on issues I am concerned about.

Would post more on the adult version of this board, as I think it suits my sense of humour more, but I write on here from work & think that site infringes my company's IT policy, so don't get on there very often.

The Postwhore threads get us all sometimes.. I use 'em on the slow days. And Thanks, it's good to be back.

Yeah, The Board Of Which We Do Not Speak DOES Interfere With Most Work Policies.. It Was Filtered By Our School Less Then 3 Days After It's Creation. ;D  It's considered a "General NSFW" because of the lack of moderation.. basically, any site without a sophisticated Filter and Intense Moderation will be filtered.. some just filter out all forum-type things... most don't, unless they get reported, though.. however, I think The Other Board might have been auto-filtered on the name alone.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/05 at 11:37 am

Anything that sparks my interest. I've visited every section in this place at least once

Same here. But some I frequent more than others.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...