inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you want to do that you have never tried to do before in your lifetime?

Written By: tv on 07/31/05 at 11:06 pm

Wht do you want to do that you haven't done yet in your life yet?

My things are:

1.) Go to Miami
2.) Learn how to salsa dance
3.) Go to a dance club that plays 80's and 90's dance music
4.) Go To The Diminocan Repulblic(I heard its nice there.)
5.) Go to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Massachusetts
6.) Try new foods like Mexican Food

Subject: Re: What do you want to do that you have never tried to do before in your lifetime?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 07/31/05 at 11:21 pm

Take my kids to Disneyland  :)

Subject: Re: What do you want to do that you have never tried to do before in your lifetime?

Written By: Jessica on 08/01/05 at 2:28 am

Try to find the daughters my grandmother gave up years ago.

Subject: Re: What do you want to do that you have never tried to do before in your lifeti

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/01/05 at 4:14 am

Be 6 feet tall and have straight teeth  :)

So much for the "you can achieve anything you want to if you put your mind to it" crock that I *still* hear people spout (I will admit to taking it a little to literally to make a point, but there you have it)  ;D

Written By: Paul on 08/01/05 at 5:21 am

Ooh, I couldn't possibly say...

The coppers would be banging on my door pronto if I did...!!

Written By: Bobby on 08/01/05 at 7:00 am

Now I've got to know, Paul . . .  ;D

Go to US/Canada
Be a wrestling promoter
Write a book
Make a film
Write a song

There's tons more . . .  8)

Subject: Re: What do you want to do that you have never tried to do before in your lifeti

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/01/05 at 7:03 am

Where to start?

Of course, being only 19 and never left the country, I have lots to see and do.  8)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/01/05 at 7:39 am

Go over to America. I would love to go over there and see what things is like...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/01/05 at 8:17 am

As Paul is too bashful to say, I will volunteer his innermost secrets :  ;D

He wants to :

1/  Wear a pink tutu, whilst
2/  Singing a Bob Dylan song (using a Minnie Riperton voice), all whilst
3/  Scoring a cup final hat trick at Wembley (assuming it ever re-opens)  ::)

I vote on Wembley not re-opening as being the LEAST likely of the above three events  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Written By: Paul on 08/01/05 at 9:17 am

You...you...cad, you Luke...

...you promised me you wouldn't mention the pink tutu!

(Actually, many congratulations for planting two disturbing images in my head...impressive, as I'm not even through with Monday yet!!)

A quick update on Wembley...the British workforce are going flat out to have it open in time for the centenary of our illustrious World Cup victory...

...we'll still be waiting for the second one even then!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 9:40 am

Run the Pikes Peak Marathon....14,110 feet to the summit and back down, a total of 28 miles :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/05 at 11:11 am

1. Go to Italy
2. Travel across the US in an RV and take pictures of abandoned/defunct places and then write a book about it.
3. Go on a cruise
4. water ski

and plenty of others that I just can't think of right at the moment.

Erin :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/05 at 11:41 am

1) Write a book
2) Go to a cemetery and talk all night. *contented sigh*

..There are more. Can't think.

Beth

Written By: Cait Sith on 08/01/05 at 12:24 pm

Let's see...

Go to Canada
Go to Japan
Direct my own movie
Get good at singing
Design and create a computer game
Fly a plane
Shake an iguana, just to find out what happens
See a naked goat (don't ask why)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/01/05 at 1:10 pm

You can say!  Come on, let it out!!  ;D ;)

Written By: gemini on 08/01/05 at 2:08 pm

2. Travel across the US in an RV and take pictures of abandoned/defunct places and then write a book about

Now that sounds like something I'd like to do. I love looking at pictures of old gas stations, diners, roadside Motels, and those wierd touristy places we used to go to in the 50 & 60s.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/01/05 at 4:30 pm

Now that sounds like something I'd like to do. I love looking at pictures of old gas stations, diners, roadside Motels, and those wierd touristy places we used to go to in the 50 & 60s.

I like ghost towns!  8)

Written By: whitewolf on 08/01/05 at 4:39 pm

I already answered in this thread

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,10855.0.html

Written By: Howard on 08/01/05 at 7:04 pm

Become a Music DeeJay

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/01/05 at 7:06 pm

Become a Music DeeJay
And have sex with Robin?  :D

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/01/05 at 7:18 pm

Time Travel
Run for Public Office
Have a Social Life
Play a High C (the one on the second ledger line above the staff) long tone for 20 seconds on the trumpet
See the Greyhounds win the LBJ (or the QBG :D )
Have a Social Life
Get stuff done before the last minute
Earn a coefficient for my title (e.g. 3Dr.--pronounced "Triple-Doctor")
Get a 5.0 GPA (This one might be impossible)

...among other things.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/05 at 7:27 pm

And have sex with Robin?   :D

Yes.I'd like to accomplish that real soon.

Written By: Apricot on 08/01/05 at 7:29 pm

Have a Social Life

It's over-rated.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/01/05 at 7:35 pm

It's over-rated.

I'm sure it beats sitting at home, posting on forums all day.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/01/05 at 7:36 pm

Ah, that's why I tend to spend daytime with my mates, then when I come home, post on the forums until 2am. Best of both worlds!

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/01/05 at 7:38 pm

Ah, that's why I tend to spend daytime with my mates, then when I come home, post on the forums until 2am. Best of both worlds!

If only I had "mates"...all I got is myself and this computer.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/01/05 at 7:38 pm

I'm with Apricot... socializing is overrated.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/05 at 7:39 pm

Well, I think it's fun to go out with people, sometimes. Of course, there are times when it's nice to just stay home and keep to myself.

Beth

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/01/05 at 7:42 pm

If only I had "mates"...all I got is myself and this computer.

Ah, well that puts a faecial matterer in the works a bit...  ::)

Written By: C.NOIZE on 08/01/05 at 7:44 pm

Well, I think it's fun to go out with people, sometimes. Of course, there are times when it's nice to just stay home and keep to myself.

Beth

That's kind of my feeling--except I tend to find myself in the latter predicament more often.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/01/05 at 7:46 pm

That's kind of my feeling--except I tend to find myself in the latter predicament more often.

Yeah, I can understand that. The friends that I have NEVER want to do things, though. They're too busy eating bunnies and knitting sweaters, I suppose. *sigh*

Beth

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/01/05 at 7:46 pm

If i'm not on here, i'm either at school, work or with friends. Simple as that. I rarely (if ever) go on holiday  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 8:46 pm

Skydive :o :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/05 at 10:07 pm

yes..I am the exact same way! I love nostalgic stuff like that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/05 at 10:07 pm

Yeah, I can understand that. The friends that I have NEVER want to do things, though. They're too busy eating bunnies and knitting sweaters, I suppose. *sigh*

Beth

many curses to the rabbit killer >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 10:16 pm

Bungee Jump!

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/01/05 at 10:32 pm

mostly stuff Im working on now (some aspects of each have already been acomplished...including getting published and writing finished scripts)

-have my scripts that Ive written (and future scripts) made into short films or feature length movies (that Id hope Id direct or at least have great say in)

-Get humorist works of mine published in magazines like THe New Yorker, Harpers, Mad, Playboy, etc

-Possibly bring Nonsense Humor Magazine to a national level (ala National Lampoon) or some magazine like that

-be respected and compared to the likes of PJ O'Rourke, Hunter S. Thompson, Lester Bangs, Dave Barry, Woody Allen and Sarah Vowell

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/01/05 at 10:48 pm

Phhhhh, let me see then . . .

Have a number 101 single.. so close to a hit, yet so far  ;D That way i could sit in Bars all day and night and boast about just how close i got.
Kill, and get away with it  ;D (somebody nasty.. don't worry) ;D ;D ;D
Graduate college  ::) (Boooring)
Score in the final of the world cup after having been hacked down and stomped on returning to the field dripping with blood a'la Paul Ince.
Wrestle in the main event at Wrestlemania and win the heavyweight title of the world.

Written By: jiminy on 08/02/05 at 5:21 am

get away with it  ;D (somebody nasty.. don't worry) ;D ;D ;D

once euthanasia becomes legal i think you have a job future, i'd be honored to be euthanized by you... just be patient  :D  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/02/05 at 5:27 am

Just don't kill me because I ate all the pies . . .  ;) ;D

Wrestle in the main event at Wrestlemania and win the heavyweight title of the world.

A mighty fine goal to be sure.  8)

Written By: jiminy on 08/02/05 at 5:51 am

Have a number 101 single.. so close to a hit, yet so far  ;D That way i could sit in Bars all day and night and boast about just how close i got.
Graduate college  ::) (Boooring)
Score in the final of the world cup after having been hacked down and stomped on returning to the field dripping with blood a'la Paul Ince.

I got a song for you, it's a kick azz song too ;)

Killing for Recreation by Occult

Written By: Paul on 08/02/05 at 7:48 am

Play a High C (the one on the second ledger line above the staff) long tone for 20 seconds on the trumpet

If you value your lips, you won't even attempt this...!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/05 at 11:49 am

-Finish up my Masters degree
-Get my book published
-See places I haven't seen before
-Win the lottery

The first two on the list hasn't happened because of a little thing call procrastination.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/02/05 at 4:32 pm

having to be able to cook a meal

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/27/07 at 7:02 am

*BUMP*

-Go on a roadtrip across the country and visit every state - I've been to several, but only like 15 of 50.
-Learn to drive a stick shift (I don't have a car because my peripheral vision wasn't good enough to pass the DMV test...although I can drive an automatic just fine, manual is another story).
-Get better at cooking. I have the skills enough to do it, but am usually too impatient/hungry to prepare anything that takes awhile, lol.
-Become semifamous or at least successful with acting, comedy or some other kind of performing.
-Write a book of some kind.

One more that comes to mind at the moment (which I've only very recently made some steps in practicing) is singing. Despite my lifelong exposure/love of music, I never really thought of pursuing it at all, but a friend recommended that I go to one of the American Idol auditions. I almost went this past Summer (for next season), but it was too sudden and I didn't have the time to nail it down or plan my expenses, etc. I do plan on very possibly giving it a shot for the following season, though.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/07 at 7:21 am

work a 40 hour week.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/28/07 at 3:57 pm

I would actually like to either parachute/skydive (whatever you call it) or go up in a hot air balloon.  I'd also like to Bungee jump although my weight would probably make it impossible/uncomfortable anyways. 

I would also like to travel to Europe and Asia and North and South America. 

Written By: Howard on 09/28/07 at 4:21 pm

Use A Condom. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/28/07 at 7:50 pm

Be a Civil War renactor.

Go to a poetry reading

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/28/07 at 8:33 pm

Use A Condom. ;D

But you already can!  Attach one end to the kitchen water faucet and turn on the water full blast...

Written By: Howard on 09/29/07 at 7:25 am

But you already can!  Attach one end to the kitchen water faucet and turn on the water full blast...

::),Silly!

Written By: Midas on 10/03/07 at 8:32 pm

Two chicks at the same time, man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/OfficeSpaceLawrence.jpg

Subject: Re: What do you want to try in your lifetime?

Written By: MLB on 10/03/07 at 9:42 pm

I want to be there in person to see the snow festival in China where they make giant ice sculptures.  I want to see little known sites in Amsterdam, Prague, Paris, Berlin,  the Welsh countryside & capitol & the same for Ireland and Scotland . Plus,  I  want to be brave enough to not worry about reservations or let language be a barrier.  (This was my issue the first international trip I took.)
AND I want money to be no object when I go, but I don't want to use credit either.
I want to try finding LOVE. I may not keep it forever, but having loved and lost is better than never to have loved at all. 8)

Written By: Jessica on 10/03/07 at 9:46 pm

;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/03/07 at 9:51 pm

;D    Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/07 at 6:32 am

I could only do 1 chick.I couldn't even decide which one to do first. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/07 at 7:05 am

The land of the Midnight Sun

Written By: Trimac20 on 10/04/07 at 11:08 am

Too many things to list...Indeed, many things on that list are embarrassingly mandatory...

Written By: Howard on 10/05/07 at 4:20 pm

enter a pie eating contest.

Written By: NbC on 10/05/07 at 9:01 pm

Skydive, scuba dive and travel around the world.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/05/07 at 10:43 pm

I don't think I can say here ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/06/07 at 12:03 am

Travel the world
Have a exhibit (a raving successful exhibit) of my artwork
Get liposuction  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/06/07 at 12:35 am

Travel the world
Have a exhibit (a raving successful exhibit) of my artwork
Get liposuction  ;D
all very realistic aspirations Patty. maybe your artwork can be donated for auction on PBS or KVIE or some public cable channel. my co-worker had a piece of her framed quiltwork on tv and it sold and she said she cried it made her so happy  :\'( :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/06/07 at 6:39 am

Take a Philosophy course.

See Dunvegan.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/07 at 6:39 am

travel around the world.

Written By: Jessica on 10/08/07 at 11:37 am

This sounds lame because I'm completely out of shape and would probably die doing it, but I want to hike the whole Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada. There is a website to get you started, but right now I have neither the fundage nor the time to do it. Maybe when I'm older.

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/07 at 11:47 am

I wanna have sex with Victoria Silvstedt LOL

But other than that, I've always wanted to go down one of those zip line thingies.  I'd probably be too scared, i Mean flying across a wire high above the ground ...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/08/07 at 1:27 pm

all very realistic aspirations Patty. maybe your artwork can be donated for auction on PBS or KVIE or some public cable channel. my co-worker had a piece of her framed quiltwork on tv and it sold and she said she cried it made her so happy  :\'( :)

That's a great idea Mike!  I'd never thought of that.

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/08/07 at 2:08 pm

I'm making a list,right now i have around 50,and i plan on doing it all!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 3:52 am

Bungee Jumping http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xatQAtHB0EALjCjzbkF/SIG=12cscfsor/EXP=1192006189/**http%3A//melroseschools.com/mms/tech_ed/briefs/Bungee3.jpg

I'd love to go on a flight inside a jet aircraft

Written By: Howard on 10/09/07 at 6:24 am

win the hot dog eating contests.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 1:22 pm

win the hot dog eating contests.
;D that's funny Howard & I would love to see you do that. how many do you think you can you eat when you are at your hungriest?

Written By: Howard on 10/09/07 at 6:55 pm

;D that's funny Howard & I would love to see you do that. how many do you think you can you eat when you are at your hungriest?

3 or 4.I can't stomach 50 like Takeru Kobiashi did at The Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest. :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 7:48 pm

3 or 4.I can't stomach 50 like Takeru Kobiashi did at The Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest. :P
oh c'mon Howard, you can chow down more than that. I'm thinking you could slam down 6-10 at least, if you were ravenous.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/09/07 at 7:50 pm

Bungee Jumping http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xatQAtHB0EALjCjzbkF/SIG=12cscfsor/EXP=1192006189/**http%3A//melroseschools.com/mms/tech_ed/briefs/Bungee3.jpg

Hey, I did that; 150 feet, by the ankles over water. I loved every second of it.  ;D

I would like to be on stage, behind the drum kit for just one song. I played tympani for a small orchestra, sat behind the kit
for a couple of Cole Porter nights at the town hall but once, just once I'd like to play in front of a large crowd not old enough
to be my grandparents.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 7:53 pm

Hey, I did that; 150 feet, by the ankles over water. I loved every second of it.  ;D

I would like to be on stage, behind the drum kit for just one song. I played tympani for a small orchestra, sat behind the kit
for a couple of Cole Porter nights at the town hall but once, just once I'd like to play in front of a large crowd not old enough
to be my grandparents.
Wow, it's awesome you did that Kevin.  I tip my cap to you. man, I'd be afraid my heart would stop  ;D  was it a total rush or what?  how was it the moments right before you jumped, was your heart pounding or were you very calm?

Written By: loki 13 on 10/09/07 at 8:00 pm

Wow, it's awesome you did that Kevin.  I tip my cap to you. man, I'd be afraid my heart would stop  ;D  was it a total rush or what?  how was it the moments right before you jumped, was your heart pounding or were you very calm?

It was an absolute rush.

I wasn't as afraid as I thought I'd be, I don't think the attendant finished the word "jump" before I was out of the basket,
a perfect swan dive out, at least I thought so until I seen the video. The only bad thing was when I was being lowered,
I was spinning like a top, After I was unshackled and stood up I immediately walked sideways and fell on my ass.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/07 at 8:20 pm

I want to learn to tango and get a kick-ass gown to tango in.  It'll never happen though, hubby doesn't even remotely like to dance. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 8:21 pm

It was an absolute rush.

I wasn't as afraid as I thought I'd be, I don't think the attendant finished the word "jump" before I was out of the basket,
a perfect swan dive out, at least I thought so until I seen the video. The only bad thing was when I was being lowered,
I was spinning like a top, After I was unshackled and stood up I immediately walked sideways and fell on my ass.  ;D
;D that's funny. well, your experience will definitely help me if I decide to do it someday.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 8:26 pm

I want to learn to tango and get a kick-ass gown to tango in.  It'll never happen though, hubby doesn't even remotely like to dance. 
I was thinking that since Julie has left home for college and I have to interact more with Diane now, that maybe we could do something like that. neither of us are exceptional dancers but lessons would be a fun thing to do together, I'd like to learn Salsa, Tango, Fox Trot and I know she'd like to learn Swing. Hip-Hop would be cool too. maybe you can make your hubby an offer he can't refuse Patty and then he'll go with you to learn how to Tango!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/07 at 8:30 pm

I was thinking that since Julie has left home for college and I have to interact more with Diane now, that maybe we could do something like that. neither of us are exceptional dancers but lessons would be a fun thing to do together, I'd like to learn Salsa, Tango, Fox Trot and I know she'd like to learn Swing. Hip-Hop would be cool too. maybe you can make your hubby an offer he can't refuse Patty and then he'll go with you to learn how to Tango!

Been trying to think of something to bribe him with.  ;D  Haven't come up with anything yet.  We'd look pretty funny dancing together anyways, there is over a foot difference in height between us.  I'd wear heels, but I am even more klutzy then normal when I'm 3 inches off the ground.  lol

I think you SHOULD take lessons.  That would be awesome.  Maybe I can live vicariously thru you and Lady Di's experience.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/09/07 at 9:19 pm

Been trying to think of something to bribe him with.   ;D  Haven't come up with anything yet.   We'd look pretty funny dancing together anyways, there is over a foot difference in height between us.  I'd wear heels, but I am even more klutzy then normal when I'm 3 inches off the ground.  lol

I think you SHOULD take lessons.  That would be awesome.  Maybe I can live vicariously thru you and Lady Di's experience.   ;)
well, we've only discussed it very briefly but I admit I have some interest, but not sure if we'll follow thru on it or not but if we do, I'll let ya know.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/07 at 6:30 am

oh c'mon Howard, you can chow down more than that. I'm thinking you could slam down 6-10 at least, if you were ravenous.

I'd be sick,couldn't do it.

Check for new replies or respond here...