inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cleaning up the photo thread??

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 12:30 am

I know I hate going into that thread because with almost 4000 posts it is so time consuming to try to find anything.

I was thinking of making a new thread with photos only, and the feedback on the photos can still be posted in the old one.  That way it would be easier to find things.

I tried testing it out, and I couldn't copy/paste the photos from one thread to another, and I can't quote from one thread to another, so the only way is to download the photos and repost them, which would be really time consuming...  so I was thinking maybe I could just post one of each of the regulars, and then if anyone wants any others in there, they can find and post their own?? 

I know that I would love to go into a photo thread with 500 posts that are actual photos, instead of 4000 posts, 95% of which are "Great pic, <insert name>!"

Opinions?  Suggestions?

Subject: Re: Cleaning up the photo thread??

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 12:36 am

I know, when you go to that thread you can get to page 1, 2, 251, 252 right away.  Imagine if you need to get to page 125.  Ouch. :-\\

Written By: Gis on 08/02/05 at 5:02 am

It might be good to put them all together.I posted my picture on an old show us what you look like thread.I now don't have a scanner or the picture saved so I can't post on the new thread.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/02/05 at 5:08 am

That just made me think of an idea. Instead of a photos thread... how about a gallery that you can search through easily and quickly.

Just a thought.

Written By: jiminy on 08/02/05 at 5:49 am

and do you really think we can follow the rules?
I can see it now, apricot will make his funny pics with words on them, so technically not "breaking" the rules
  :D

Written By: Bobby on 08/02/05 at 5:50 am

I replied on this subject in the 'What if' section . . . (reply #599)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11678.585.html

Written By: mandamoo on 08/02/05 at 5:53 am

Good idea !  I'm way back on page 1 or 2 or 3....  ???

About time I posted another one, I guess  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/02/05 at 5:54 am

I like my seperate gallery idea.  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 08/02/05 at 5:55 am

Good idea !  I'm way back on page 1 or 2 or 3....  ???

About time I posted another one, I guess  ;D

should i just send you a photo?   ;D

Written By: gemini on 08/02/05 at 6:11 am

I think it's a great idea! I know I've spent some time looking through pages and pages for a picture. If you've got the time and energy, go for it!  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/02/05 at 6:31 am

i too have replied in the what if thread and am all for it! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/05 at 10:19 am

That just made me think of an idea. Instead of a photos thread... how about a gallery that you can search through easily and quickly.

Just a thought.

I think this is an excellent idea-but how?

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 08/02/05 at 11:14 am

I know that I would love to go into a photo thread with 500 posts that are actual photos, instead of 4000 posts, 95% of which are "Great pic, <insert name>!"

Opinions?  Suggestions?

Oh God, I feel the same way... I'd also prefer a more personal response, rather then a postwhoring "Great pic, ____!", myself... I think if you have something genuine to say, a feedback thread would be good. I love the idea.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 11:22 am

Well last night I spent about 2 hours going through the photo thread and found about 55-60 that I thought should be used...  That includes one photo of each of our regulars that has posted a pic.    I wrote down the page #'s for all of the, so tonight I may start a new photos only thread and see how it turns out.

The only problem I can still see is that if nobody is posting comments, it will be pretty hard to keep the thread active.. next thing we know, it will probably be back on page 100 cause people don't post pictures enough to keep it active.

Written By: Apricot on 08/02/05 at 11:26 am

Well last night I spent about 2 hours going through the photo thread and found about 55-60 that I thought should be used...  That includes one photo of each of our regulars that has posted a pic.    I wrote down the page #'s for all of the, so tonight I may start a new photos only thread and see how it turns out.

The only problem I can still see is that if nobody is posting comments, it will be pretty hard to keep the thread active.. next thing we know, it will probably be back on page 100 cause people don't post pictures enough to keep it active.

Well, I'll do my part and occasionally post a new pic or something.. would that help?

Hope you picked good pictures for everyone... that way we can all look pretty to the newbies!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/05 at 11:32 am

Oh God, I feel the same way... I'd also prefer a more personal response, rather then a postwhoring "Great pic, ____!", myself... I think if you have something genuine to say, a feedback thread would be good. I love the idea.

Guilty. I do that because I want people to know that I have seen their pic and acknowledge it-but I don't do it after each pic has been posted-only after about every 20-50 pages or so I will comment.

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 08/02/05 at 11:35 am

Guilty. I do that because I want people to know that I have seen their pic and acknowledge it-but I don't do it after each pic has been posted-only after about every 20-50 pages or so I will comment.

If I see one that I actually DO like, I'll post a sentence or two about why I like it or something.. just so it's a wee bit more personal then "Great pic!"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/02/05 at 11:38 am

Cat
Guil;ty here as well though I completely agree, sometimes there's nothing more to say than "Great Pic"...but at least it's better than nothing at all :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 2:21 pm

Well, I'll do my part and occasionally post a new pic or something.. would that help?

Hope you picked good pictures for everyone... that way we can all look pretty to the newbies!  :D

yeah that would help! 

crazymom I know you're gonna get irritated ;D

but I dont really want to spend 2-3 hours doing this if it's not gonna stay on the first few pages...  so it'd be nice if people put comments..but just not so many.  at least the bulk of the photos will be at the beginning, therefore a little easier to find

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 7:45 pm

if you've looked at my "test thread" let me know what you think of the format I'm using...

any other important info I should add??  Or do you think I should leave the info out?

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/02/05 at 8:36 pm

if you've looked at my "test thread" let me know what you think of the format I'm using...

any other important info I should add?? Or do you think I should leave the info out?

Hey Andrea, just thought I'd say how great of an idea this is all around - I did something similar with transferring threads to one of my BTTF boards from another, so a big thanks for taking the time to do this. :)

I can't think of any more to add offhand, but feel free to add to it.

Favorite song? Hmm, there's WAY too many to pick from, LOL! I guess 'anything 80s' would suffice, but a few possible choices -- Huey Lewis' "Heart and Soul", Tom Petty's "Refugee", Hall & Oates' "Out of Touch", Foreigner's "I Wanna Know What Love is" or the Police's "Every Breath You Take".

Can't say what I'd pick for pasttimes - again too many to pick from. I guess anything "creative" would work (eg: acting, writing) but I love video games, movies, music and going on the computer. I'm not a total couch potato though, I like outdoors-y stuff too!

For the record, I too try to say something at least a sentence or two long for someone's picture (eg: seems like you're really enjoying yourself there, or "You look way younger than your real age") but anything is better than nothing! since I've actually looked at the whole thread, it was time consuming to sift through everything.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 8:59 pm

Thanks!  I'm taking a break for a bit, I'll work on it some more tonight. :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 10:43 pm

I'm about half done.  Feel free to post any photos of yourselves or other members that you like.  Let's just go easy on the comments following each photo so hopefully this one won't get out of control like the other one :)

If you haven't posted where you live, your favorite song, and hobbies please pm them to me so I can put them with your picture.

Thanks!  Hope you guys like it!

Written By: nally on 08/02/05 at 10:58 pm

any other important info I should add??  Or do you think I should leave the info out?

I just took a look at it. It's awesome. I wish I had my picture up so you could say a little something about me...but I haven't gotten it yet. :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 11:07 pm

I just took a look at it. It's awesome. I wish I had my picture up so you could say a little something about me...but I haven't gotten it yet. :-\\

I wish you had a picture too, Jeff!  But you're not alone.. we're still waiting on Jennifer028, Philip Eno, Maxwell Smart, GRS... so hopefully you won't be the LAST one!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/02/05 at 11:11 pm

I thought that I read somewhere that you found a way to get your picture posted? Maybe I'm wrong.

Beth

Written By: nally on 08/02/05 at 11:11 pm

I wish you had a picture too, Jeff!  But you're not alone.. we're still waiting on Jennifer028, Philip Eno, Maxwell Smart, GRS... so hopefully you won't be the LAST one!

I'm thinking I might loan my dad a floppy disk of mine so that he can copy the picture from his hard drive onto the floppy, and then bring it home to me so that I can play with it.

But it's good to see everyone else. I love the format you used. 8)

Written By: nally on 08/02/05 at 11:13 pm

I thought that I read somewhere that you found a way to get your picture posted? Maybe I'm wrong.

Beth

Not exactly... I was thinking of going to my dad's office and opening up the picture in MS Photo Editor (which I don't have on my home computer) and then shrinking it down to a reasonable size. But I haven't had an opportunity to go there in the past year. :-\\ :-[

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/02/05 at 11:14 pm

Not exactly... I was thinking of going to my dad's office and opening up the picture in MS Photo Editor (which I don't have on my home computer) and then shrinking it down to a reasonable size. But I haven't had an opportunity to go there in the past year. :-\\ :-[

Ah, I see. Well, until then, I'll just continue to think that you look exactly like Shakira!

Beth

Written By: nally on 08/02/05 at 11:15 pm

Ah, I see. Well, until then, I'll just continue to think that you look exactly like Shakira!

Beth

...which I DON'T. ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/02/05 at 11:23 pm

Hey Jeff, if you have a family member or friend with a camera phone, you can take a picture with that and just email it from the phone to your computer.. that way you don't even have to mess with a scanner.. that's what I did when I posted my first picture

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/03/05 at 12:01 am

I know it's been said before, but: the new photo thread looks awesome! 8)
I can hardly wait to see my picture coming up... ::) I don't recall posting anything on "favourite song" or "pastimes" anywhere on the boards so I'll pm you about that later! ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 12:03 am

I know it's been said before, but: the new photo thread looks awesome! 8)
I can hardly wait to see my picture coming up... ::) I don't recall posting anything on "favourite song" or "pastimes" anywhere on the boards so I'll pm you about that later! ;)

Thanks.. yes you are on my list of people I have pictures for but no other info :)

Written By: nally on 08/03/05 at 1:06 am

Hey Jeff, if you have a family member or friend with a camera phone, you can take a picture with that and just email it from the phone to your computer.. that way you don't even have to mess with a scanner.. that's what I did when I posted my first picture

Cameraphone...no I don't have one of those; and no one in my family has one either. :-[ Sorry. :-\\

But I did just give my dad a floppy disk so that he can copy my picture and send it back to me. He'll do that tomorrow.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 1:11 am

Cameraphone...no I don't have one of those; and no one in my family has one either. :-[ Sorry. :-\\

But I did just give my dad a floppy disk so that he can copy my picture and send it back to me. He'll do that tomorrow.

Cool, maybe you won't be the last one then!!

Written By: Powerslave on 08/03/05 at 7:15 am

Ask Chucky if he can make it a "sticky" thread, so it's always at the top of the first page of threads.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/05 at 7:26 am

Great idea and great job Andrea!!

Erin :)

Written By: mandamoo on 08/03/05 at 7:38 am

should i just send you a photo?   ;D

Oooh !  What sort ? :o ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/05 at 11:11 am

Odyssey,
The new thread looks GREAT!!! I just hope that the people who usually highjack threads will NOT highjack that one.

Ask Chucky if he can make it a "sticky" thread, so it's always at the top of the first page of threads.

I was going to make this suggestion but you beat me to it, Powerslave.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/03/05 at 11:12 am

Cool, maybe you won't be the last one then!!

I hope not. We'll see what happens by tonight. Hopefully I'll have my picture up by then (or tomorrow).

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/03/05 at 12:31 pm

Andrea, you're doing a wonderful job with the new photo thread!!  8)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 12:45 pm

Thanks!  It's been fun doing it! :)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 9:00 pm

can anyone resize the picture of me to about half the size and then repost it in the Show Us thread?

my stupid computer won't let me do it and that is way too big

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/05 at 9:04 pm

can anyone resize the picture of me to about half the size and then repost it in the Show Us thread?

my stupid computer won't let me do it and that is way too big

Go into Paint, and "Strech/Skew"... change it to like "50" on both Horizontal And Vertical... if not, send me a link to it.. I'll do it.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 9:07 pm

Go into Paint, and "Strech/Skew"... change it to like "50" on both Horizontal And Vertical... if not, send me a link to it.. I'll do it.

i don't have paint on this computer.. i was trying to use the aol photo editor what a joke.

anyway you can click on the file in the thread right underneath the photo, right?

oh, and THANK YOU!

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/05 at 9:16 pm

Aight.. now, where's this photo?

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 9:36 pm

Aight.. now, where's this photo?

should be the last post in the new thread

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/05 at 9:41 pm

Ah, there we go.. it worked.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/03/05 at 9:48 pm

yeah it posted its just way too big.. i wanted it half that size

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/03/05 at 9:51 pm

great to see you girl  8) ;)

Written By: nally on 08/03/05 at 11:01 pm

great to see you girl  8) ;)

Same here.

By the way, my dad said that my picture is no longer in his computer at work; it mysteriously got erased. So now he's gonna have to have my picture re-scanned, and then he'll send it back to me. Sorry, but that's just what's happened. :-[

Written By: ADH13 on 08/04/05 at 1:13 am

I'm not having a very good day today.  I have managed to temporarily misplace my list of photos and what pages they were on in the old thread...  I had to tear my whole desk apart today looking for some insurance papers, and while stuffing everything back wherever it would fit, I somehow buried my list...  I'm sure it will turn up soon, and as soon as I can find it, I will start posting again... in the meantime, feel free to post your own if you want to, or if you happen to know what page your photo is on, let me know and I can get it done quicker...

Thanks and sorry I'm such an AIRHEAD sometimes!! ::)

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/05 at 1:19 am

You're a great airhead though.  ;) ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/04/05 at 1:37 am

You're a great airhead though. ;) ;D

Agreed. :)

Really though, I've had those kind of days too - ALOT, so I know where you're coming from.

Even though I'm generally organized, I still manage to lose little things alot. The worst would be my video collection (recorded tapes I mean). I have a habit of taping stuff and forgetting to label some of it (unless I know for 100% sure I'm gonna keep it forever). So I'm sure I've accidentally erased tons of good things that way.

^ I wish there was a tape de-eraser to get what used to be on there, LOL! ;)

Anyway, I'll be happy to take care of my pic(s) if it makes it a little easier.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/04/05 at 1:46 am

You're a great airhead though.  ;) ;D

haha thanks!  and you're a great macaulay caulkin! :P

Agreed. :)

Really though, I've had those kind of days too - ALOT, so I know where you're coming from.

Even though I'm generally organized, I still manage to lose little things alot. The worst would be my video collection (recorded tapes I mean). I have a habit of taping stuff and forgetting to label some of it (unless I know for 100% sure I'm gonna keep it forever). So I'm sure I've accidentally erased tons of good things that way.

^ I wish there was a tape de-eraser to get what used to be on there, LOL! ;)

Anyway, I'll be happy to take care of my pic(s) if it makes it a little easier.

Thanks!!  I try to be organized too, but I have a bad habit when it comes to papers (bank statements, etc)  I get tired of looking at them so I shove them into drawers... which is all fine until I actually need to find something!

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/04/05 at 1:57 am

Thanks!! I try to be organized too, but I have a bad habit when it comes to papers (bank statements, etc) I get tired of looking at them so I shove them into drawers... which is all fine until I actually need to find something!

Oh tell me about it! I've done the same thing with DMV and school-related papers too - always at a time I really need it, LOL.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/04/05 at 6:40 am

I'm not having a very good day today.  I have managed to temporarily misplace my list of photos and what pages they were on in the old thread...  I had to tear my whole desk apart today looking for some insurance papers, and while stuffing everything back wherever it would fit, I somehow buried my list...   I'm sure it will turn up soon, and as soon as I can find it, I will start posting again... in the meantime, feel free to post your own if you want to, or if you happen to know what page your photo is on, let me know and I can get it done quicker...

It's all good, girlie!  You are doing a great job on the thread.....you'll find your list!

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/05 at 10:24 am

I'm not having a very good day today.  I have managed to temporarily misplace my list of photos and what pages they were on in the old thread...  I had to tear my whole desk apart today looking for some insurance papers, and while stuffing everything back wherever it would fit, I somehow buried my list...  I'm sure it will turn up soon, and as soon as I can find it, I will start posting again... in the meantime, feel free to post your own if you want to, or if you happen to know what page your photo is on, let me know and I can get it done quicker...

I agree with everyone, you are doing a GREAT job.  Have you asked Chucky to make the thread sticky?

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 08/04/05 at 10:52 am

I agree with everyone, you are doing a GREAT job.  Have you asked Chucky to make the thread sticky?

He hasn't been around since this started... you know, with the new baby and all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/05 at 11:04 am

He hasn't been around since this started... you know, with the new baby and all.

He was on yesterday for a bit.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 08/04/05 at 11:31 am

nah, I don't want to ask him to make my own thread sticky... i think that's just as bad as bumping your own thread.. well, actually it's kinda the same thing...

Thanks for all the compliments though, I really appreciate it!  Hopefully I can find my list today!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/05 at 11:38 am

nah, I don't want to ask him to make my own thread sticky... i think that's just as bad as bumping your own thread.. well, actually it's kinda the same thing...

Thanks for all the compliments though, I really appreciate it!  Hopefully I can find my list today!

Since you won't ask him, I did.  ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/04/05 at 3:48 pm

I hope so too! And I also hope that I can get my long-awaited picture up soon!!

Written By: jiminy on 08/04/05 at 4:11 pm

i think the thread should be locked and oddesy can unlock it to put photos in, this way we won't get any comments, there is another photo thread for that ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/04/05 at 4:16 pm

i think the thread should be locked and oddesy can unlock it to put photos in, this way we won't get any comments, there is another photo thread for that ;)

As Beavis would say, "Yeah yeah yeah, hmm hmm, me too. This is cool hm-hmm." ;D

In other words, that's a good idea. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/04/05 at 4:18 pm

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I have a feeling it'll end up just like the other thread, if you don't. The new people might not know, and they'll just start posting and whatnot.

Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 08/04/05 at 4:25 pm

only problem with that is that nobody will be able to post their own photos... and i may not always be here to post them...  we never know, in another 6 months i might be mentioned in the "members who have left without return" thread...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/04/05 at 4:26 pm

we never know, in another 6 months i might be mentioned in the "members who have left without return" thread...

NO! Don't say that! You already left once..you're not allowed to leave any more. Haha

Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 08/04/05 at 4:27 pm

NO! Don't say that! You already left once..you're not allowed to leave any more. Haha

Beth

I'm not planning on disappearing or anything... but we never know what is going to happen in our lives, ya know?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/04/05 at 4:28 pm

I'm not planning on disappearing or anything... but we never know what is going to happen in our lives, ya know?

Yes. True

Beth

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/05 at 5:57 pm

There are already NON-pic posts on that thread. Would the people who posted, please remove them so we can only have pics there?

Cat

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/04/05 at 5:58 pm

There are already NON-pic posts on that thread. Would the people who posted, please remove them so we can only have pics there?

Cat

Yeah, I second that.

Beth

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/04/05 at 6:40 pm

only problem with that is that nobody will be able to post their own photos... and i may not always be here to post them...   we never know, in another 6 months i might be mentioned in the "members who have left without return" thread...

Andrea....you gotta stay put,girl  8)

Written By: Bobby on 08/04/05 at 6:42 pm

haha thanks!  and you're a great macaulay caulkin! :P

Pwahahahahahaha!!!!

Hey! It's no fun without your parents. Maybe Uncle "Andy" Buck can look after me by frying my socks in the microwave.  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/04/05 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, I second that.

Beth

I posted one of those messages, asking which guy in FaultyDog's picture was him, but I removed the message since I now know.

I still don't have my picture ready to post yet, but as soon as I do I'll put it up.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/05/05 at 5:26 pm

Ok instead of sending a bunch of pm's, this is what I still need:

The following people have posted photos, but I need to know: where you live (city, state or country is fine), favorite song, favorite pastime/hobbies, first name(optional):

C.NOIZE
MooRocca
Lebeiw
Rubixgirl
Stingr22
Stompgal
Danootaandme
TonyStewartIsTheMan
Harmonica
AngeliK
Shiprunner
Al-B (may have changed his name or deleted acct?)
Ultraviolet
bbigd04
Sugafairey
Indygent

The following members are party poopers and don't even have photos posted ;D

TAM
Jennifer028
Nally
Philip Eno
Maxwell Smart
GRS
GWBush2004
Marian

If your photo is your avatar, I will get yours posted shortly.. just wasn't rushing on those because everyone knows your photo already :)

Written By: nally on 08/05/05 at 5:28 pm

Tam has posted some pictures, but she took them all down, so you can't find one anywhere. :-\\

And AL-B erased his account.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/05/05 at 5:29 pm

Tam has posted some pictures, but she took them all down, so you can't find one anywhere. :-\\

And AL-B erased his account.

I thought AL-B erased his account but then I thought I remembered reading somewhere that he is using a new screen name now...  have no idea what it was though

Written By: jiminy on 08/05/05 at 5:33 pm

I thought AL-B erased his account but then I thought I remembered reading somewhere that he is using a new screen name now...  have no idea what it was though

I have Al-B and GRS's photos on my photoshop folder  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 08/05/05 at 5:36 pm

GRS

Written By: jiminy on 08/05/05 at 5:37 pm

Al-B

Written By: ADH13 on 08/05/05 at 6:43 pm

Ok, now I know who AL-B is... :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/05/05 at 7:10 pm

^ it's a bad photo  :o But I'll let you post it...  ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/05/05 at 7:12 pm

Jiminy I can't put yours up cause of the .png suffix??

can you convert to gif or jpg and post it somewhere?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/05/05 at 8:03 pm

^ it's a bad photo  :o But I'll let you post it...  ::)

Nah. I like that picture.

Beth

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/05/05 at 8:19 pm

Nah. I like that picture.

Beth
Maybe it's the red eyes that make it look... scary. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/icon_evil.gif

Written By: ADH13 on 08/05/05 at 8:22 pm

Maybe it's the red eyes that make it look... scary. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/angry/icon_evil.gif

your picture is fine, GRS!  Nothing wrong with it at all, except that you should be wearing a red shirt!! ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/05/05 at 8:23 pm

your picture is fine, GRS!  Nothing wrong with it at all, except that you should be wearing a red shirt!! ;)
I know, it's just easy for me to say how bad it is bacause I'm the one in it.  :D

I'll keep the red shirt in mind for next time.  ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/05/05 at 8:24 pm

Odessey, you're doing the best job you can in updating the photo boards, so don't feel discouraged. I had a tough time even finding a decent photo of myself.  :-[  ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/05/05 at 8:38 pm

Well. Here ya go then!

I'm quite fond of the second one, myself. Probably because I'm obsessed with black and white photos.

Beth

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/05/05 at 8:40 pm

Well. Here ya go then!

Beth
:o Black and white (or greyscale) does make it look better.  :D  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 08/06/05 at 6:10 am

Jiminy I can't put yours up cause of the .png suffix??

can you convert to gif or jpg and post it somewhere?

Written By: TC1970 on 08/06/05 at 6:51 am

Great idea! Being somewhat new still, I enjoy seeing what everyone looks like. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/05 at 12:52 pm

I posted one of those messages, asking which guy in FaultyDog's picture was him, but I removed the message since I now know.

I still don't have my picture ready to post yet, but as soon as I do I'll put it up.

There still is one of your posts on there.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 08/06/05 at 2:24 pm

The hardest part has been doing it without any pranks... and MAN the opportunities are there! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/05 at 2:29 pm

The hardest part has been doing it without any pranks... and MAN the opportunities are there! :D

I'm sure they are. But we already have a thread for that-it is called "Photoshop Me".  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 08/06/05 at 2:33 pm

I'm sure they are. But we already have a thread for that-it is called "Photoshop Me".  :D ;D

Cat

yeah... but when I was posting Alchoholica's photo I SOOOOO wanted to put Howard's photo there!!  Or Greg Brady from The Brady Bunch

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/05 at 5:33 pm

yeah... but when I was posting Alchoholica's photo I SOOOOO wanted to put Howard's photo there!!  Or Greg Brady from The Brady Bunch

Too funny

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 8:17 pm

Ok I have finally worked out the glitch with the fonts.  Apparently now the different codes have to be in a particular order, or it won't work right

So I'm updating the thread.

Alex: I need to know what you want me to call you... El Duderino or deadrockstar??  I also need your favorite song/pastime since I can't find the other pm you sent me.

Philip Eno:  I'm pretty sure I remember your favorite song Orinoco Flow.. if that's changed, let me know, and also what city you're in.

Marshall: Same as Alex, which name do you want me to use?  And I need your favorite song/pastime/city-state.

Ultraviolet I think I just need your favorite song/favorite pastime

DOMS!  I think we're still waiting for a picture of you... or did I miss it?

Badfinger, if you want your photo in that thread, I need your favorite song/favorite pastime also.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 8:28 pm

Yeah, ok.

My favorite song... Anything ... good?

pasttimes.... music, drawing, computer

If I get raped, you're getting blamed  ;)

Written By: YWN on 01/18/06 at 8:36 pm

Marshall: Same as Alex, which name do you want me to use?  And I need your favorite song/pastime/city-state.

Call me Sheth.

Favorite song:  Imagine - John Lennon
Favorite pastime - I'll say listening to music.  :P
City-state - Rome  :D

Okay, seriously...

City - Spanish Fort
State - Alabama

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 8:43 pm

ANA NG?!

I thought I said "Anything... good...?"

Not that there's anything wrong with that song, but if it's They Might be Giants, please do "I Am A Human Head"

thank you.

Oh, and please take my city out...

yes, I'm a little paranoid  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:18 pm

*Thumbs up* thanks!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 9:37 pm

ANA NG?!

I thought I said "Anything... good...?"

I thought I remembered you posting it as your favorite love song... that's why I stuck that in there. :D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 9:38 pm

Ok I have finally worked out the glitch with the fonts.  Apparently now the different codes have to be in a particular order, or it won't work right

Alex: I need to know what you want me to call you... El Duderino or deadrockstar??  I also need your favorite song/pastime since I can't find the other pm you sent me.

Philip Eno:  I'm pretty sure I remember your favorite song Orinoco Flow.. if that's changed, let me know, and also what city you're in.

Ultraviolet I think I just need your favorite song/favorite pastime

DOMS!  I think we're still waiting for a picture of you... or did I miss it?
It's been a while since I listened to "Mr. Blue Sky"... My most played song is now "The World I Know" by Collective Soul

I suggest you change it.  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:38 pm

I thought I remembered you posting it as your favorite love song... that's why I stuck that in there. :D

oh I forgot about that thread.

The initial plan was I'd post a love song in there everytime I heard a love song I liked on my computer

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:39 pm

It's been a while since I listened to "Mr. Blue Sky"... My most played song is now "The World I Know" by Collective Soul

I listened to that song 3 times in the last few days

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 9:43 pm

I listened to that song 3 times in the last few days
The last time I played it was November last year...  :o

*Loads it up in winamp*

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:43 pm

The last time I played it was November last year...  :o

*Loads it up in winamp*

need to turn on my audioscrobbler plug in

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 9:46 pm

My most played song is now "The World I Know" by Collective Soul

Good song... one of the few songs I like that came out after 1993....

Are you sure you want me to change it?  Cause I dont wanna be updating everyone's songs once a month. :P ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 9:48 pm

Good song... one of the few songs I like that came out after 1993....

Are you sure you want me to change it?  Cause I dont wanna be updating everyone's songs once a month. :P ;D

Well, you could just put down "anything good" or something.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:49 pm

Good choice  :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/18/06 at 9:50 pm

Uh oh...

Marshal's name was spelled like "Marshall"

he's probably gonna mention it, so... quick! change it!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 9:50 pm

Uh, ok... ana ng, you mean, right? ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/18/06 at 9:54 pm

Uh, ok... ana ng, you mean, right? ;D
Not Ana Ng. If it's going to be a They Might Be Giants song make it...  "I Am A Human Head" or something.  ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/06 at 10:46 pm

Oh yeah, to those of you who posted your own pictures and the fonts got messed up...

I think Erin, Tam & Jamie McBain had this problem

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg548943.html#msg548943

Let me know if you want to fix it, I'll unlock it for you.  It took me awhile to figure out why that was happening, because they were fine before.  I guess during the upgrade something happened so now the codes have to be in a specific order, or it will mess up.  It has to be

center color size <text> /size /color /center

in that order.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 11:25 pm

I am in the photo thread now  8)

When I first joined this board, I put my photo in there, but I removed it shortly after.  Now I am glad it's back :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/19/06 at 8:47 am

Oh yeah, to those of you who posted your own pictures and the fonts got messed up...

I think Erin, Tam & Jamie McBain had this problem

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg548943.html#msg548943

Let me know if you want to fix it, I'll unlock it for you.  It took me awhile to figure out why that was happening, because they were fine before.  I guess during the upgrade something happened so now the codes have to be in a specific order, or it will mess up.  It has to be

center color size <text> /size /color /center

in that order.

hey Andrea...ya...you can just remove all of the codes and just leave it plain w/o colors. :)

Written By: nally on 01/19/06 at 11:15 am

Yeah, the tags have to be nested, i.e., turning them on in the reverse order from how you turned them off.

For example, if you do:
(size=xxpt)(color=xxx), then you have to turn them off as follows: (/color)(/size).

There's still a glitch with the reply that contains Tam's photo.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 11:42 am

hey Andrea...ya...you can just remove all of the codes and just leave it plain w/o colors. :)

Unfortunately, I can't... because it's not my post. :(

You can leave it that way if you want, I don't care... but if you do want to fix it, just let me know so I can unlock it. :)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 1:47 pm

Favorite song:  Imagine - John Lennon

Really??  Even better than "Jesus Loves Me"? ;D

Written By: YWN on 01/19/06 at 1:52 pm

Really??  Even better than "Jesus Loves Me"? ;D

Oh, well yeah, I meant that was my SECOND favorite song.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 1:56 pm

After 4 Years of being on here,you have my permission to my picture up.O0

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 1:59 pm

After 4 Years of being on here,you have my permission to my picture up.O0

Uh, thanks, but you already put your picture in there, Howard! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:23 pm

Uh, thanks, but you already put your picture in there, Howard! :)

No,I meant the member photos.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 2:38 pm

No,I meant the member photos.

So did I... Remember, the thread wasn't always locked. :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg549734.html#msg549734

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:39 pm

So did I... Remember, the thread wasn't always locked. :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,11973.msg549734.html#msg549734

So what does that mean Andrea? ???

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 2:42 pm

So what does that mean Andrea? ???

You already posted your photo in the member photos thread before I locked it.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:45 pm

You already posted your photo in the member photos thread before I locked it.

When did I do that? ???

Written By: ADH13 on 01/19/06 at 2:47 pm

When did I do that? ???

Umm... I don't know the date.

But look at page 2 of that thread, and you will see it.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/06 at 2:49 pm

Umm... I don't know the date.

But look at page 2 of that thread, and you will see it.

Thanks,I'll look at it later.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/20/06 at 9:59 am

Unfortunately, I can't... because it's not my post. :(

You can leave it that way if you want, I don't care... but if you do want to fix it, just let me know so I can unlock it. :)

oh ok....don't worry then..we can just leave it how it is...no prob! :)

Written By: jackas on 01/20/06 at 6:41 pm

I'm sure you're probably done cleaning up the photo thread, but I keep meaning to have you switch my picture to a more recent one.  I keep trippin out when I go there and see blonde hair.

Anyone of these will do, you choose.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/06 at 6:43 pm

I'm sure you're probably done cleaning up the photo thread, but I keep meaning to have you switch my picture to a more recent one.  I keep trippin out when I go there and see blonde hair.

Great pics.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 01/22/06 at 1:51 am

Ok I'll get it changed tomorrow....when I'm on my other computer.

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/06 at 2:03 am

You mean you're not jiminy?  :o

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/22/06 at 1:15 pm

Nice Photos. :)

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 2:54 pm

Ok I'll get it changed tomorrow....when I'm on my other computer.

You sound like me.  Something is always on the other computer. ::) ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 2:55 pm

Great pics.

Cat

Well thank you. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/06 at 3:24 pm

Well thank you. :)

You changed a lot from when that pic in your avatar was taken.  ;) :D ;D

Cat

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 3:37 pm

You changed a lot from when that pic in your avatar was taken.  ;) :D ;D

Cat

Totally!  That's why I thought it was time to change it. ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/22/06 at 6:35 pm

You sound like me.  Something is always on the other computer. ::) ;D

LOL actually it's because I'm getting rid of this computer soon... getting a new one, and I don't want to keep putting files on this one - it will be confusing enough trying to get everything transferred to the new one, sorting out what I need and don't need.. so I'm gonna use my laptop later to put the picture up... it will be up by the end of the night, I promise. :)

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 7:52 pm

LOL actually it's because I'm getting rid of this computer soon... getting a new one, and I don't want to keep putting files on this one - it will be confusing enough trying to get everything transferred to the new one, sorting out what I need and don't need.. so I'm gonna use my laptop later to put the picture up... it will be up by the end of the night, I promise. :)

That's ok, take your time.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/22/06 at 10:42 pm

We're gonna get rid of our home computer at some point, too, and upgrade to a new one. The one we currently have is five years old, and is running slower and slower. ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/22/06 at 10:52 pm

We're gonna get rid of our home computer at some point, too, and upgrade to a new one. The one we currently have is five years old, and is running slower and slower. ::)

Yeah, same here... that's why I'm still on dial-up.. no sense of setting up a new connection on this computer.  But when I get a new one, the first thing I'm going to do is get DSL

Written By: nally on 01/22/06 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, same here... that's why I'm still on dial-up.. no sense of setting up a new connection on this computer.  But when I get a new one, the first thing I'm going to do is get DSL

Good idea. 8) We got DSL in June 2003, after using dial-up for 2 1/3 years.

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 10:58 pm

If I had to switch back to dial-up, I just wouldn't use the computer anymore.  I don't have that kind of patience.  It's funny because you get so used to the DSL that when a page takes 5 seconds or more to load you start to get irritated. ;D

Written By: nally on 01/22/06 at 11:10 pm

^ Yep. Dialup is a pain.

I happened to see the "jacks" pictures you posted on the previous page; I saw them once before when you posted them on the regular thread (as your alter ego); they're nice. 8) ^-^

Written By: jackas on 01/22/06 at 11:28 pm

^ Yep. Dialup is a pain.

I happened to see the "jacks" pictures you posted on the previous page; I saw them once before when you posted them on the regular thread (as your alter ego); they're nice. 8) ^-^

Thank you nally. :)  Actually, jiminy is my alter ego. ;) :P

Written By: nally on 01/22/06 at 11:31 pm

You can't be seirous. :o :o

Jeffrey

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/06 at 11:45 pm

Who's that one dude in there named Hida Kuroi Mizu.  His pics no longer show up  ???

Written By: ADH13 on 01/22/06 at 11:55 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/06 at 12:01 am

I know, and unfortunately he posted it himself so I can't erase it.   I am going to try to have Chucky delete it, but I have to try to catch him when I'm here... because otherwise he will lock the thread back up after deleting it and then I won't be able to post in there.

Whoever he was, he sort of seemed like a nice fella

Written By: jackas on 01/23/06 at 12:02 am

Whoever he was, he sort of seemed like a nice fella

The answer to your question is yes. :P ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/06 at 12:03 am

The answer to your question is yes. :P ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/06 at 5:51 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: nally on 01/23/06 at 5:57 pm

I know, and unfortunately he posted it himself so I can't erase it.   I am going to try to have Chucky delete it, but I have to try to catch him when I'm here... because otherwise he will lock the thread back up after deleting it and then I won't be able to post in there.

You could use the "report to moderator" link and type a little message.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/06 at 5:59 pm

Thank you nally. :)  Actually, jiminy is my alter ego. ;) :P

Who is your other? ;D

Written By: nally on 01/23/06 at 6:06 pm

Who is your other? ;D

I think she's just playing. Otherwise she'd've been banned by now too. :-\\ :-X

Written By: ADH13 on 01/23/06 at 6:21 pm

You could use the "report to moderator" link and type a little message.

I know, but I need to be here to lock it when he's done... if he locks it, I can't post in it.  That happened before when he deleted all the other junk posts from there.

Written By: nally on 01/23/06 at 6:22 pm

I know, but I need to be here to lock it when he's done... if he locks it, I can't post in it.  That happened before when he deleted all the other junk posts from there.

I know. But if it's locked, then no one can post in it. Which is good because there shouldn't be any junk posts in there anyway.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/06 at 6:23 pm

I think she's just playing. Otherwise she'd've been banned by now too. :-\\ :-X

She's not Jimmy.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/23/06 at 6:23 pm

I know. But if it's locked, then no one can post in it. Which is good because there shouldn't be any junk posts in there anyway.

Yeah, that is good... until I have a new photo to post and I can't. ::)

Written By: nally on 01/23/06 at 6:35 pm

Yeah, that is good... until I have a new photo to post and I can't. ::)

Speaking of which, I'm sure there are several folks on here who have posted newer pics of themselves (that is, pictures that are newer than the respective first ones). I, on the other hand, still have only one photo of me on here.

Check for new replies or respond here...