inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help preserve Louisa May Alcott's home, "Orchard House", by casting your vote!

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/17/05 at 3:59 pm

Hi folks,

My name is Johnny D (John Small).  I am a frequent contributor to Chucky G's song parody website, AmiRight.

I'm a member of an amateur community theater group in my hometown of Concord, Massachusetts, called The Concord Players.  A good friend of mine, Jan Turnquist, is also a member of The Concord Players --- and Jan is also the Executive Director of Orchard House, the home of Louisa May Alcott, author of "Little Women".

Jan asked me today to invite everyone I know to cast a vote for Orchard House to help Orchard House win The Smithsonian Magazine's 2005 Sustainable Tourism Award.  This award will help ensure the ongoing preservation of Orchard House for the enjoyment and education of future generations.

Voting is free, with no obligation whatsoever.

Voting continues from today through October 31, 2005.  You can vote every day, between now and October 31, 2005, but only once per day per E-mail address --- so we invite you to vote once every day, if possible, until October 31, 2005!

To cast your vote, go to the following web-page, click the middle "2" button for "Louisa May Alcott, Orchard House, USA", which is located in the left-hand "PRESERVATION" column ... then,
enter your E-mail address in the bottom-left corner, and then click "SUBMIT" in the bottom-right corner:

http://www.sustainabletourismawards.com/vote.htm

For more information about Louisa May Alcott and Orchard House:

http://www.louisamayalcott.org

Thank you all !

Johnny D

Subject: Re: Help preserve Louisa May Alcott's home, "Orchard House", by casting your vote!

Written By: karen on 08/18/05 at 7:31 am

I can't promise to vote every day Johnny but I've just voted for today

Check for new replies or respond here...