inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Run-on sentence thread

Written By: YWN on 08/21/05 at 8:29 pm

So I was saying in this one thread how I hate run-on sentences and stuff and Bobby says something about posting a thread based on run-on sentences and I was thinking that would be a really good idea and all, but I was wondering if I had written enough stupid threads, and I kept thinking about it for a while, and I figured why not, seeing as people liked the pine tree thread, so I decided I would make one, so I wrote one, and here it is, hope you like it, plus, post your run-on sentences here, not somewhere else where they would be wasted, thank you!

Subject: Re: Run-on sentence thread

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/21/05 at 10:28 pm

well...i am totally the queen of run-on sentences...but I like to put dot dot dots between my sentences....it makes it very pretty and neat and I really like the way it looks....wow...it looks really cool.....and yes...I am certainly carrying on about things that don't even make sense...but then what really makes sense...please tell me.....ya..I think I need some sleep...good bye! :D

Erin :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/21/05 at 11:40 pm

well...i am totally the queen of run-on sentences...but I like to put dot dot dots between my sentences....it makes it very pretty and neat and I really like the way it looks....wow...it looks really cool.....and yes...I am certainly carrying on about things that don't even make sense...but then what really makes sense...please tell me.....ya..I think I need some sleep...good bye! :D

Wow... that's exactly what I do... A little too much... I think I annoy people on AIM with it...

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 12:01 am

that's so totally me..but with my morse code dots as Rob likes to call them..it was only recently that he realized that '..' wasn't using two periods but actually continuing a thought(in a quick way) ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 12:02 am

that's so totally me..but with my morse code dots as Rob likes to call them..it was only recently that he realized that '..' wasn't using two periods but actually continuing a thought(in a quick way) ;D

I do the dots too... which is why i could never pretend i was someone else... the dots would give me away! :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 12:06 am

I do the dots too... which is why i could never pretend i was someone else... the dots would give me away! :D

lol..no kidding..especially mine..double-dots are pretty much unique to me i guess  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/05 at 12:09 am

Now I know this I will stop trying to interpret them as I keep getting weird answers and I can't stop talking about this because it's a run on sentence and you call them periods that's a bit odd because I tend to call them full-stops oops I added some punctuation there with that dash but I hope you don't mind as I am known to the break the rules here occassionally and I like beef, chicken and cheese and . . .

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 12:16 am

Now I know this I will stop trying to interpret them as I keep getting weird answers and I can't stop talking about this because it's a run on sentence and you call them periods that's a bit odd because I tend to call them full-stops oops I added some punctuation there with that dash but I hope you don't mind as I am known to the break the rules here occassionally and I like beef, chicken and cheese and . . .

that's kinda like du boeuf poulet et fromage en francais hey Rob i haven't parlez voused for you in while maybe i will again sometime soon since you need a few more words in your vocabulary outside of the realm of food and i really enjoyed your song dedication to me a few minutes ago you are so sweet by the way you call them double full stops if i remember correctly when they apply to me i'm so glad it only took months for you to understand what was going on in every pm did i ever tell you that i pretty much type like i talk full speed ahead oh right i guess you already know that so does karen cf who always has to tell me to slow down but it's hard when i'm excited and happy which is pretty much all the time..

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/05 at 12:24 am

that's kinda like du boeuf poulet et fromage en francais hey Rob i haven't parlez voused for you in while maybe i will again sometime soon since you need a few more words in your vocabulary outside of the realm of food and i really enjoyed your song dedication to me a few minutes ago you are so sweet by the way you call them double full stops if i remember correctly when they apply to me i'm so glad it only took months for you to understand what was going on in every pm did i ever tell you that i pretty much type like i talk full speed ahead oh right i guess you already know that so does karen cf who always has to tell me to slow down but it's hard when i'm excited and happy which is pretty much all the time..

That certainly is like the boeuf poulet et fromage en francais ha ha and yes it would be cool if you parlez voused for me as I like a lot of things that are french especially french kissing and that and I am glad you liked my dedication and yes I call them full stops because period doesnt sound right if you know what I mean and yes I now realise you are thinking now and I know you talk fast which is why I have to ask you to slow down a little so I can remind you to breathe once in a while and yes I know how excited you get and . . .

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 12:33 am

Wow Bobby elle parle francaise aussi??  Je pense tu as une fille formidable!

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 12:37 am

That certainly is like the boeuf poulet et fromage en francais ha ha and yes it would be cool if you parlez voused for me as I like a lot of things that are french especially french kissing and that and I am glad you liked my dedication and yes I call them full stops because period doesnt sound right if you know what I mean and yes I now realise you are thinking now and I know you talk fast which is why I have to ask you to slow down a little so I can remind you to breathe once in a while and yes I know how excited you get and . . .

along with french kissing i do enjoy french manicures and french fries although you probably don't know what i'm talking about since in your world french fries are simply called chips which confuses me since what are actually chips here in canada and most of the rest of the world i'll bet are something you call crisps how am i supposed to keep up which reminds me of dog and bone phone who comes up with this stuff did i mention i'm listening to make love stay right now which is an all time fave and i can't believe i left it off my top 75 list last year but it will likely make it onto a new list i'll have to comprise soon since there are so many amazing songs i love now thanks to you and because of you which brings me to keeping the dream alive which was so bizarre earlier that at the exact moment a continent away there we were listening to it at the same time

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/05 at 12:43 am

along with french kissing i do enjoy french manicures and french fries although you probably don't know what i'm talking about since in your world french fries are simply called chips which confuses me since what are actually chips here in canada and most of the rest of the world i'll bet are something you call crisps how am i supposed to keep up which reminds me of dog and bone phone who comes up with this stuff did i mention i'm listening to make love stay right now which is an all time fave and i can't believe i left it off my top 75 list last year but it will likely make it onto a new list i'll have to comprise soon since there are so many amazing songs i love now thanks to you and because of you which brings me to keeping the dream alive which was so bizarre earlier that at the exact moment a continent away there we were listening to it at the same time

yes chips and crisps can be confusing if you dont know what country youre in and i dont use the term dog and bone that often but i know some people here who might and i am glad you like make love stay because i like it too and both of us listening to keeping the dream alive is absolutely bizarre how bizarre and the cat is on the table and I would like a beer please which I have already got and . . .

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 12:46 am

tu es tres gentille,mon ami  :) ;)

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/05 at 12:50 am

Salute Andrea

Je suis d'accord a francais. Je voudrais un bierre sil-vous plait.  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/22/05 at 1:16 am

yes chips and crisps can be confusing if you dont know what country youre in and i dont use the term dog and bone that often but i know some people here who might and i am glad you like make love stay because i like it too and both of us listening to keeping the dream alive is absolutely bizarre how bizarre and the cat is on the table and I would like a beer please which I have already got and . . .

the cat is on the table since when do you have a cat i know you used to have a cat called ziggy which was so cute to hear you say the first time i ever heard your voice and i wish i had a cat because i so adore kittens but since i don't seem to have any other members of the mouse family despite my pied piper status i think i'm good for now but you never know it might happen at some point and i see you actually translated your bogus request for a beer into french a minute ago see at least you have some of the important phrases nailed down..

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/05 at 1:23 am

the cat is on the table since when do you have a cat i know you used to have a cat called ziggy which was so cute to hear you say the first time i ever heard your voice and i wish i had a cat because i so adore kittens but since i don't seem to have any other members of the mouse family despite my pied piper status i think i'm good for now but you never know it might happen at some point and i see you actually translated your bogus request for a beer into french a minute ago see at least you have some of the important phrases nailed down..

I don't have a cat now but I did rightly have a cat called ziggy who was black and white and lovely but wasnt a lap cat because he was too social phobic and often hid upstairs under the bed when visitors came over so I am not sure if he would have cured your mouse status but you did well all on your own without the need for a pipe  . . .

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 1:25 am

nothing personal... but i think i am too tired to attempt to decipher this thread right now.. its making me feel drunk.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/22/05 at 1:50 am

so the other day i was coming back from meeting a client, and i was wearing a tank top and mini skirt and when i drove by carls jr (a fast food place in CA) i noticed a friend of mine in the parking lot that i hadn't seen in a looooong time so i decided to stop and say hi, and she was wearing a pretty revealing top so we're standing there in the parking lot talking when i notice this guy walks by and is staring at us so after he passed us he was still walking forward but his head was turned still looking at us and out of the corner of my eye i watched him walk SMACK into a wall and i almost peed my pants.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/05 at 8:42 am

hahahaha....you gotta love those moments huh......ya it is pretty classic when you see a guy totally rubbernecking at a pretty girl when he is driving a car and the funny thing is when he actually veers off of the road and nearly wrecks...all to just get a glimpse at a broad...and the very funny thing is...the girl usually gives him a dirty look...like ew you freak b astard....stop staring at me with those strange roving eyes of yours....that is the very funny and ironic thing about those kinds of situations.

Written By: Paul on 08/22/05 at 9:31 am

along with french kissing i do enjoy french manicures and french fries

...and probably French letters too!

Okay, I'll fermez ma bouche right now!

Written By: YWN on 08/22/05 at 10:08 am

It's getting confusing reading this thread, and I have to agree with Odyssey that it makes one feel drunk trying to get through a message because everyone goes on and on, and now it is in French, sacre bleu, so maybe I'll just let you do your French run-on sentences while I think of more pointless threads.

Written By: Ripp on 08/22/05 at 6:16 pm

well how about these run on sentences where sentences end with the same word as ist is at the start, so if you said something like "paper planes are made from paper" you can say paper planes are made from paper planes are made from paper planes etc etc, so there you go but anyway here's my run on sentence and I think it's so cool because here it is: word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word is a word so there you go...but really, what do you think of the idea?

Written By: Howard on 08/22/05 at 6:20 pm

Where Do I Begin? ???

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/23/05 at 2:39 am

I got your run-on sentences right here!

:(hey im devstaded that busted have split up    and i want them bk i thopught theyr songs were TOP i luvd them so much 

hey!
busted are great
the music is catchy and the lyrics are really great
i luv busted and am sooooooooooo sad theyve split but hopefully james and matt will do wot they like
the lyrics are so cool and james is great at writing them
james is necta
the brains of busted 

:\'(it sooo sad they broke up but it had 2 be dun
charlie wud b split between the bands
i hope tht james sings loadsa songs cos i will sooooooooooooooo miss him
hes got 2 much 2 throw away although sicpuppy is really gr8
singin will keep me undepressed     

i think busted are great and so is thre music!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
charlie is just a shelfish pig and didnt desserve to be in busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope matt and james carry on singing go matt and james!!!!!!!!!!!! 

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...