inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dad's being nasty to me

Written By: Stompgal on 08/23/05 at 2:35 am

He always feels grumpy first thing in the morning. I've just received a rental copy of The Simpsons: Around the World in 80 D'ohs from Amazon.co.uk and I went downstairs to tell him. He said he didn't care and he's going to sleep now. Good job I'll be with my mother for most of the day.

Subject: Re: Dad's being nasty to me

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/05 at 2:52 am

Sorry to hear that Stompgal. Some parents can forget they are parents sometimes, please don't take it heart.  ;)

I hope you have a good time with your mother.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/23/05 at 6:36 am

ya...dads can be total grouches sometimes....my dad gets moody for no reason at times and starts barking this and that at eveyone.

Erin :)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/23/05 at 7:23 am

He always feels grumpy first thing in the morning. I've just received a rental copy of The Simpsons: Around the World in 80 D'ohs from Amazon.co.uk and I went downstairs to tell him. He said he didn't care and he's going to sleep now. Good job I'll be with my mother for most of the day.

Sometimes people, including parents, get a bit cranky.  when kids are real young they try to mask it, now
your older he probably just figured it was ok to show the grumpy side.  Don't take it to heart.  He'll probably
feel bad about it, once he's had a nap.

Written By: bj26 on 08/23/05 at 7:53 am

Not knowing your situation but from this one instance, you might want to give your old man a little leeway - lots of kids don't have Dads anymore and wish they did (some of 'em anyway).  In defense of Dads, they have a lot on their minds, in my case I'm mostly concerned with the safety of my 16 and 11 year olds and sometimes get a bit grouchy over it, especially when my 16 year old is in a trance on the cell phone while I'm trying to make a safety plan at, eg. the art fair last Saturday, and she's not listening and forging ahead into the crowd, while her 11 year old sister is trying to keep up with her and I'm trying not to lose the both of them in the jumble of humanity. Situation response, Dad gets TO'd.

Written By: jaytee on 08/23/05 at 9:00 am

I get really savage when I'm tired.  I'm sure he'll feel awful that he was cranky with you.  (I always do when I've been mean to my kids  :()

Written By: bj26 on 08/23/05 at 10:40 am

He always feels grumpy first thing in the morning...
Of course if he was mean and made you sad, it's okay to feel that way, happens to us all to get our feelings hurt.  Especially hard when you are trying to be happy and someone brings you down.  Just try to get over it and get happy again, give Dad a hug :)

Written By: gemini on 08/23/05 at 10:47 am

Same here.  I'm sooooo not a morning person and the kids know it ;)

Nobody in this house is either. That's why we try to avoid each other the first 15 minutes or so after we wake up.  :D

Written By: jackas on 08/23/05 at 11:21 am

Sorry you had to deal with that.  My father was always like that.  Most of the time I just didn't talk to him. :-\\

If your dad is approachable about these things, maybe you should talk to him when he's in a better mood and let him know how you felt when he said that to you.  He may not be aware of how his moods affect you.

As for your Simpsons video, its sounds really funny.  I hope you enjoy it. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/23/05 at 4:14 pm

My Father is the Archie Bunker of the household

Written By: jiminy on 08/23/05 at 4:17 pm

My Father is the Archie Bunker of the household

are you the meathead?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/23/05 at 4:57 pm

are you the meathead?  ;D

What was Meathead's role in Archie Bunker?

Written By: jiminy on 08/23/05 at 4:59 pm

What was Meathead's role in Archie Bunker?

he was the Pollock stepson married to Gloria, their daughter

Written By: Howard on 08/23/05 at 5:07 pm

I'm not married

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/05 at 6:42 pm

Archie didn't like Mike awhole lot, some of the arguements where my favorite parts of the show!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 6:17 pm

Archie didn't like Mike awhole lot, some of the arguements where my favorite parts of the show!  ;D

My Father doesn't like me that much either but he calls me a yuckapuck,not a meathead. ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 6:20 pm

My Father doesn't like me that much either but he calls me a yuckapuck,not a meathead. ;D

what's a yuckapuck?

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 6:25 pm

what's a yuckapuck?

It's yiddish.I forgot what it meant ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 08/29/05 at 4:46 am

I have an amazing dad all in all. He's a teacher at Cathays High School in Cardiff and I text him if I cannot discuss the problem face to face. He also sends apologies and I also e-mail him.

Check for new replies or respond here...