inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Recurring dreams

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 8:09 am

I saw a "What did you dream last night" post, but I was just wondering, does anyone here have/had any recurring dreams for awhile?

Subject: Re: Recurring dreams

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/27/05 at 8:20 am

Mercifully, now that I am older, I do not have recurring dreams.  Mercifully because the recurring dreams I had when I was younger were bad ones  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/27/05 at 8:52 am

yes, for years I have this recurring dream that these creatures (similar to Bigfoot) were stalking down and hunting me. I would dream the same sequence everytime, and I always knew what was happening.

Also, I've had similar dreams about falling down a huge flight of stairs, or being naked in a bathroom stall at school, with no clothes to put on.

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/05 at 11:27 am

yes, for years I have this recurring dream that these creatures (similar to Bigfoot) were stalking down and hunting me. I would dream the same sequence everytime, and I always knew what was happening.

Also, I've had similar dreams about falling down a huge flight of stairs, or being naked in a bathroom stall at school, with no clothes to put on.

The dream about being chased creatures means that there is a persistant problem that you can't seem to get away from. What the creatures represent, I have no idea.  If you realize you are dreaming when you have that dream, try confronting the creatures. That may make the dreams go away.

Being naked is a common dream. It means that you feel volunable or exposed. It is showing your anxieties. Falling down the stairs also shows your anxieties-you are afraid that you will "trip up".

Cat

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 11:39 am

I remember having this dream when I was like ten years old...  It was my birthday, and my granddad was taking me to this party, but every two minutes, my pants would disappear, and we kept having to stop somewhere to get me some pants.  One time I dreamed my youth group from church came to my house to meet and suddenly I was completely naked and these people kept staring at me, looking like they were on the verge of laughing.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/27/05 at 11:40 am

I think i said this before.. but let's see Cat's interpretation  ;D

I have a recurring dream that i am on a rooftop with a rifle and i have to shoot a short chinese man. But i always shoot over his head and miss and then somebody (possibly him) comes and stabs me with a needle and everything goes black.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/05 at 11:49 am

I think i said this before.. but let's see Cat's interpretation  ;D

I have a recurring dream that i am on a rooftop with a rifle and i have to shoot a short chinese man. But i always shoot over his head and miss and then somebody (possibly him) comes and stabs me with a needle and everything goes black.

Answered it in the other thread.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/27/05 at 11:51 am

Answered it in the other thread.

MmHmm.. i just happened to read this one first.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/05 at 12:04 pm

MmHmm.. i just happened to read this one first.

And I happened to have read the other one first.  ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/27/05 at 1:12 pm

The dream about being chased creatures means that there is a persistant problem that you can't seem to get away from. What the creatures represent, I have no idea.  If you realize you are dreaming when you have that dream, try confronting the creatures. That may make the dreams go away.

Being naked is a common dream. It means that you feel volunable or exposed. It is showing your anxieties. Falling down the stairs also shows your anxieties-you are afraid that you will "trip up".

Cat

wow, thanks Cat!  I do have a lot of anxieties in my life, so that is most likely very true.

Written By: gemini on 08/27/05 at 2:10 pm

The one I have the most is about my dad dying.  :\'(  I'm sitting at the funeral, and everything is so real that I wake up crying everytime. Then I call my mom in the morning to make sure he's ok. It probably freaks her out, but I'm always afraid it's a sign that something is going to happen to him. I hate that dream. Actually, it's a nightmare  :\'(

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 2:56 pm

My turn... I used to get dreams when I was about 4 where I would be a paperboy, and as I get to the end of delivering my street, I see this ET like creature would come up to me and eat me... Kinda funny, never bothered me, but I'm not sure why I got them.

also Gemini, I had a couple of dreams (no recurring), where my dad died, and both times nobody was sad 'cept for me. It was a little... i dunno weird.

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 3:28 pm

My turn... I used to get dreams when I was about 4 where I would be a paperboy, and as I get to the end of delivering my street, I see this ET like creature would come up to me and eat me... Kinda funny, never bothered me, but I'm not sure why I got them.

Weird, sounds like a mixture between the old Paperboy Nintendo game and SkiFree, that skiing game in the Entertainment Pack on Windows 95.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 4:11 pm

Weird, sounds like a mixture between the old Paperboy Nintendo game and SkiFree, that skiing game in the Entertainment Pack on Windows 95.

I used to have both, I think

Written By: YWN on 08/27/05 at 4:12 pm

Ditto.  SkiFree got boring (I just recently found out how to pass the monster), but Paperboy was awesome!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/27/05 at 5:11 pm

The Social Worker's approach !  :)  Stuff that!  ;D  Try killing them, make them go away that way  :P

(Now for my penance, I will have dreams about being chased by Social Workers, possibly the worst nightmare of ALL)  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/05 at 6:21 pm

The one I have the most is about my dad dying.  :\'(  I'm sitting at the funeral, and everything is so real that I wake up crying everytime. Then I call my mom in the morning to make sure he's ok. It probably freaks her out, but I'm always afraid it's a sign that something is going to happen to him. I hate that dream. Actually, it's a nightmare  :\'(

In this case, your dad represents your childhood. So, it means that a part of your childhood has died.

Cat

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/27/05 at 6:51 pm

I have been having the same dream ever since I was around 5 years old. Not every single night---every once in a while. It's hard to explain.

I also had a dream about this random person that I've never seen before. About a month later, I saw him walking through the mall. I thought it was weird--but didn't think too much of it.. until a couple of weeks later when I saw him sitting on a bench in Wal*mart at like...1:00am. Freaky  :o

Beth

Written By: gemini on 08/27/05 at 7:06 pm

In this case, your dad represents your childhood. So, it means that a part of your childhood has died.

Cat

Yep, I guess it has.  :( I used to have a dream book, I have no idea what happened to it though. Is that where you get your info?

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 7:10 pm

I have been having the same dream ever since I was around 5 years old. Not every single night---every once in a while. It's hard to explain.

I also had a dream about this random person that I've never seen before. About a month later, I saw him walking through the mall. I thought it was weird--but didn't think too much of it.. until a couple of weeks later when I saw him sitting on a bench in Wal*mart at like...1:00am. Freaky  :o

Beth

Maybe you saw him before and just didn't remember. But you had his face stored in your memory and it just shows up in your dreams... This is probably possible if he has a really unique face... At least I would imagine so

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/27/05 at 8:41 pm

I keep having a recurring dream that I'm at a make believe (or so I think) a non-existant mall and waking up panicked because I often go to ths mall in my dreams as an escape from my job (like on lunch breaks or just regular breaks) and then I get into some God awful trouble and can't get back to work.. I think this relates to my fear of losing my job in real life because it depends so heavily on commission and goal making (that's just my own assessment).

Written By: Zella on 08/27/05 at 8:43 pm

Well, since Cat is interpreting dreams, here are two theme dreams I have had since my late teens. I don't get them much any more, maybe every few years....

Theme #1: I am at or in some sort of body of water, picking up seashells. Sometimes I am finding lots of good ones; other times I am only finding broken ones. The body of water can be as 'normal' as an ocean or as 'odd' as the one time it was about knee high and filling the courtyard of my Junior High School. (I was long out of school by the time that one came along).

Theme #2: I am at home and fall asleep while taking a nap during the day. I awaken after dark and get up to turn on a light and it does not turn on. I slowly go from light to light, attempting to turn one on and none will come on... Variations on this dream - I remember once after about 6 attempts one light finally came on; another time all the lights were on and I was trying to turn them OFF and they stayed on....

Fiddle with those... ;)

(I also have a lot of dreams with houses in them; the houses always have lots of rooms, many that still need to be furnished, and there is frenquently a hint that somewhere in the far recesses of the house there is a ghost, but this is never a bothersome fact...)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/27/05 at 10:07 pm

Well, since Cat is interpreting dreams, here are two theme dreams I have had since my late teens. I don't get them much any more, maybe every few years....

Theme #1: I am at or in some sort of body of water, picking up seashells. Sometimes I am finding lots of good ones; other times I am only finding broken ones. The body of water can be as 'normal' as an ocean or as 'odd' as the one time it was about knee high and filling the courtyard of my Junior High School. (I was long out of school by the time that one came along).

Do you perhaps pee the bed at night? I'm just kidding :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 11:43 am

Yep, I guess it has.  :( I used to have a dream book, I have no idea what happened to it though. Is that where you get your info?

I do have a book but I have found that the book is totally useless. I can't tell you where my interpretations come from-they just come to me. Also, I can't be more specific because I don't know what is going on in people's lives to really pin-point the meaning of these dreams. Every now and again, I will get a phone call (either from a friend or my step-daughter) with a dream. Yes, word is out that I can interpret them.

Cat

Written By: YWN on 08/28/05 at 11:49 am

I have a dream book (actually, it is my mom's), but it is so silly.  It states that if you eat a hot dog in your dream, it has phallic implications.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 12:02 pm

Theme #2: I am at home and fall asleep while taking a nap during the day. I awaken after dark and get up to turn on a light and it does not turn on. I slowly go from light to light, attempting to turn one on and none will come on... Variations on this dream - I remember once after about 6 attempts one light finally came on; another time all the lights were on and I was trying to turn them OFF and they stayed on....

Fiddle with those... ;)

(I also have a lot of dreams with houses in them; the houses always have lots of rooms, many that still need to be furnished, and there is frenquently a hint that somewhere in the far recesses of the house there is a ghost, but this is never a bothersome fact...)

Theme #1: The water represents your life. When things are going well (or "normal") the water is "normal" and picking up shells that are unbroken means things are going really well. When the water becomes "unnormal" there is termoil. If you pick up broken shells, things are not great.

Theme #2: When you wake up in a dream, it means "enlightment" or you are waking up to a new discovery. The fact that lights won't go on means that you are having trouble with that "enlightment". When all the lights go on, that means you are having a hard time dealing with the new discovery.

The last one sounds a lot like a recurring theme that I have-big houses where I just go from room to room to room exploring. If it is the same theme that I have, it just means that you like to discover new stuff-you like to explore.

Cat

Written By: Valhalla on 08/28/05 at 12:16 pm

since Cat is interpreting, hopefully she can give me some insight..... every so often deceased relatives show up in my dreams(grandparents, aunt). they don't seem to be doing anything in particular, they just seem to be there. any help?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 12:22 pm

since Cat is interpreting, hopefully she can give me some insight..... every so often deceased relatives show up in my dreams(grandparents, aunt). they don't seem to be doing anything in particular, they just seem to be there. any help?

To me, it sounds like these people are just checking up on you.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/28/05 at 12:23 pm

I'm no catwoman, but now it's time for my probably not true interpretation...

You miss them.

There ya go

Written By: Valhalla on 08/28/05 at 12:24 pm

thanks to both of you

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 12:33 pm

Everyone will be getting my bill at the end of the month.  ;) :D ;D

Cat

Written By: Valhalla on 08/28/05 at 12:34 pm

Cat

and i'll pay you at the end of the month.... not saying which month....just at the end of the month.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/05 at 1:45 pm

Cat

Hey cat, did you see mine? Don't be charging me no fee, ya here..  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 1:52 pm

Hey cat, did you see mine? Don't be charging me no fee, ya here.. :D

I keep having a recurring dream that I'm at a make believe (or so I think) a non-existant mall and waking up panicked because I often go to ths mall in my dreams as an escape from my job (like on lunch breaks or just regular breaks) and then I get into some God awful trouble and can't get back to work.. I think this relates to my fear of losing my job in real life because it depends so heavily on commission and goal making (that's just my own assessment).

I didn't answer this one because it seems that you have already done it. Your interpretation is as good as I could do.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/28/05 at 2:08 pm

I didn't answer this one because it seems that you have already done it. Your interpretation is as good as I could do.

Cat

Okay, no problem.. I just thought you'd have some extra insight..  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/05 at 2:09 pm

Okay, no problem.. I just thought you'd have some extra insight..  ;D

Nope-You did just fine.

Cat

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/28/05 at 3:53 pm

I'm bored...

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/30/05 at 11:57 pm

I'm bored...

Go to sleep and have a dream then, try and remember it.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/31/05 at 1:29 am

Earlier in my childhood I had recurring dreams of jumping over a cliff and waking up just before I hit the bottom, some other times I would find myself in a place which resembles closely to my hometown, but somehow everything is warped such as seeing extremely tall buildings, finding lakes that never existed or climbing really high mountains. Lately I can't seem to recall my dreams but last year I had several scary dreams in the form of creepy insects and spiders.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/05 at 9:35 am

Earlier in my childhood I had recurring dreams of jumping over a cliff and waking up just before I hit the bottom, some other times I would find myself in a place which resembles closely to my hometown, but somehow everything is warped such as seeing extremely tall buildings, finding lakes that never existed or climbing really high mountains. Lately I can't seem to recall my dreams but last year I had several scary dreams in the form of creepy insects and spiders.

Falling dreams are very common. It means you are out of control. It is also very common to dream about places you know but are different or "warped". It means that things are not as they seem.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/05/15 at 3:16 pm

Just this morning maybe an hour before I was about to wake up, I was being chased by a cat. Thank god I woke up immediately and it was time to wake up anyway. :o

What does that mean?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/15 at 3:21 pm

Just this morning maybe an hour before I was about to wake up, I was being chased by a cat. Thank god I woke up immediately and it was time to wake up anyway. :o

What does that mean?  ???

What color was the cat?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/06/15 at 7:18 am

What color was the cat?

Cat

I don't know, Cat.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/15 at 9:43 am

I don't know, Cat.

A lot of what the dream means depends on the color of the cat. The short version of the dream means you are going to have a new relationship (this does not necessarily mean a romantic relationship and it could be someone you already know). The color of the cat is important to determine the person. If it is a black cat, the relationship is yet to manifest. A white cat means a good person. A calico cat means someone who is very versatile but could be flaky.

Or it could mean that you are afraid of cats and this dream represents your fears. 

Cat   

Written By: Howard on 06/06/15 at 6:00 pm

A lot of what the dream means depends on the color of the cat.
I don't know the color of it, I woke up too fast, I believe it happened an hour before I was about to wake up.

The short version of the dream means you are going to have a new relationship
Now that's good news. :)

Or it could mean that you are afraid of cats and this dream represents your fears.
No, I'm not afraid of cats, In fact My friend has a cat and the cat likes to rub and head bump against me. I don't remember the last time I was afraid of one.

Check for new replies or respond here...