inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is that noise?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/05 at 1:58 pm

What is that noise that sounds like a creaky door open and closing when I'm online?  ???

Subject: Re: What is that noise?

Written By: ADH13 on 08/27/05 at 1:59 pm

What is that noise that sounds like a creaky door open and closing when I'm online?   ???

If you have AOL, it is telling you that someone on your buddy list has just signed on (door open) or off (door slams shut)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/05 at 3:50 pm

Thanks  :)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/19/05 at 10:41 am

What is that noise that sounds like a creaky door open and closing when I'm online?   ???

I used to hear that when I had Yahoo, when people who you have on' messenger system' come online it goes Knock Knock!!  then when people go offline there's the sound of a  door creaking and it slams shut - it's really bizarre. 

Anyway Yahoo almost drives me as nuts as MSN so I had to uninstall it before the monitor went out of the window.

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/05 at 10:50 am

Those Yahoo sounds used to scare the hell out of me.  I eventually disabled them

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/19/05 at 11:00 am

I have AIM and everytime I log on and/or type a message and send it....it meows like a cat. It was really cute at first...but if you are typing a lot it can get annoying! LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/19/05 at 11:53 am

You can disable them all, on all of the messenger services. Or, just use Trillian.

The only sounds i have are on MSN where if specific people log in different songs will play.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/19/05 at 3:59 pm

Those Yahoo sounds used to scare the hell out of me.  I eventually disabled them

Yeah that 'Ding Dong' sound when someone 'Buzzs' you is quite freaky - I almost jumped out of my skin on several occasions when the speakers had been set to loud after playing CD's

I have AIM and everytime I log on and/or type a message and send it....it meows like a cat. It was really cute at first...but if you are typing a lot it can get annoying! LOL!

Erin :)

Aww I bet that's really sweet and it makes me smile thinking about it   ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/19/05 at 4:07 pm

You can disable them all, on all of the messenger services. Or, just use Trillian.

The only sounds i have are on MSN where if specific people log in different songs will play.
o

ooh, do I play a song?

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/19/05 at 4:22 pm

That's funny, the same thing happens with me alot of the time.

I have, like 1500 songs in my computer library, which are almost always in "shuffle" mode. Some are louder than others, so I often have the volume way up. This one night, I had just gotten AIM and didn't know all the little sound effects yet. The volume was pumped way up when someone signed off - I got a huge "KER-CHUNKKKKK!" door slam.

Let's just say I did a mini Homer Simpson scream. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/05 at 9:11 pm

Remember on the old game show $25,000 Pyramid, when an illegal clue was given, you'd hear a cuckoo sound?  Well, one day I downloaded that sound as a wave file and set it as my windows default sound.  Everytime I got a pop up box, that cuckoo would come on and scare the fooken sh!t out of me every single time.  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/19/05 at 11:03 pm

o

ooh, do I play a song?

No.. no you don't.

Pete plays Bored to tears by Black Label Society, Beth plays My Favourite Things by Me First & The Gimmie Gimmies, Fordy plays Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies.. you see where this is going.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/20/05 at 2:01 am

Yeah, I use to think those were nifty, then they began creeping me out, so I have all my AOL sounds muted. The less heart attacks I can avoid, the better.

Check for new replies or respond here...