inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jim - Just Let Him Rot

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 5:30 pm

Well, it seems that Jim has been kicked off.
Can't see what he did to be honest apart from go off on tangents.

I think his Satanism disturbed certain people.  >:(

I thought we were all able to express our thoughts and opinions and not be looked upon as 'evil' and 'crazy' if we did.

:P

I'm very disappointed personally.

Subject: Re: Jim - Just Let Him Rot

Written By: ADH13 on 09/02/05 at 5:43 pm

Are you sure he didn't just delete his account??  No offense to anyone who has done it, but deleting accounts and coming back a week later seems to be a trend around here lately.

If you're sure he was kicked off, I don't think it would have had anything to do with religious beliefs...  I was thinking maybe that picture he had posted in "Don't you love it when"... he had posted a picture of a certain male body part on a van... and catwoman warned him by saying "I don't think Chucky would appreciate that" and jim responded with "Well he probably doesn't need one then" or something sarcastic...  I was going to post a link to that thread in this post, but when I looked for it, the whole thread is gone..  but the autopsy one is still there, so i don't think it had anything to do with death/satanism personally... :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 5:50 pm

Are you sure he didn't just delete his account??  No offense to anyone who has done it, but deleting accounts and coming back a week later seems to be a trend around here lately.

If you're sure he was kicked off, I don't think it would have had anything to do with religious beliefs...  I was thinking maybe that picture he had posted in "Don't you love it when"... he had posted a picture of a certain male body part on a van... and catwoman warned him by saying "I don't think Chucky would appreciate that" and jim responded with "Well he probably doesn't need one then" or something sarcastic...  I was going to post a link to that thread in this post, but when I looked for it, the whole thread is gone..  but the autopsy one is still there, so i don't think it had anything to do with death/satanism personally... :-\\

Oh so Dick jokes are grounds for expulsion. Sounds a bit 'off' to me.

No he didn't delete it.

I dare say that because of his personal opinions he wasn't looked upon in the same light.

I wait to hear otherwise.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/02/05 at 5:54 pm

Oh so Dick jokes are grounds for expulsion. Sounds a bit 'off' to me.

No he didn't delete it.

I dare say that because of his personal opinions he wasn't looked upon in the same light.

Well, I don't know what happened... that picture was just the first thing that came to mind when I read your post...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/02/05 at 5:57 pm

In that case I suggest you will die waiting.  *IF* his account was deleted by the mods, they have made it clear in the past that it is not their policy to publicly discuss the reasons for that action.

In bear in mind, that is still an *IF*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/05 at 5:59 pm

He had a tendicy of going a bit too far and has been warned once too many times. There are kids who come to this site that some people tend to forget.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 6:08 pm

Well, I don't know what happened... that picture was just the first thing that came to mind when I read your post...

Yeah well, i'm not passing blame on anybody. Just saying, it seems petty to me.

In that case I suggest you will die waiting. *IF* his account was deleted by the mods, they have made it clear in the past that it is not their policy to publicly discuss the reasons for that action.

In bear in mind, that is still an *IF*

Well considering he told me he didn't, thus eliminating the possibility that he didn't i dare say that he was probably banned. I don't expect a response, but it would be nice.

He had a tendicy of going a bit too far and has been warned once too many times. There are kids who come to this site that some people tend to forget.

Personally, i've never been offended by anything he's said. I think any kids that have un-supervised use of the Internet can probably cope with some mild Sexual Humor.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/05 at 6:23 pm

Personally, i've never been offended by anything he's said. I think any kids that have un-supervised use of the Internet can probably cope with some mild Sexual Humor.

I wasn't personally offended by anything he said, either. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a warped sense of humor and it takes a lot of really offend me (and if that happens-you will know!)  It is true that parents do need to supervise their kids when they are on the internet but there are many times when they don't. But, that is not the point. The point is, according to the rules:

You may not post or transmit sexually explicit images or other content that is deemed to be offensive.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 6:28 pm

I wasn't personally offended by anything he said, either. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a warped sense of humor and it takes a lot of really offend me (and if that happens-you will know!)  It is true that parents do need to supervise their kids when they are on the internet but there are many times when they don't. But, that is not the point. The point is, according to the rules:

You may not post or transmit sexually explicit images or other content that is deemed to be offensive.

A cartoon with a fake Phallus depicted isn't exactly sexually explicit.
And how can what is offensive be defined?

As i say, i'm not having a go at anybody, i just find it somewhat harsh.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 8:24 pm

A LOT of the so-called "kids" on here have been more foul than Jim ever was....but I digress as I'm still quivering behind the scenes at the very thing Jim had the stones to back me up on ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/02/05 at 8:25 pm

This is sad.  :\'(

Although, I can't say it wasn't expected, reading some of his posts.  ::)

Hopefully, one day the mods might let him back in (that is assuming he was banned)  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/05 at 8:27 pm

Chucky wants to keep this site suitable for kids.  He has explained that it was originally created as a site kids could go to to get help with assignments on the 80's.  Jim went a little to far alot.  He posted alot of stuff that could be considered offensive...heck I found alot of it offensive.  I avoided his threads because of this.  It was hard to avoid his posts because, IMO, he hijacked alot of threads with the same stuff.  

Besides that, Chucky's site, Chucky's rules.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 8:31 pm

Chucky wants to keep this site suitable for kids.  He has explained that it was originally created as a site kids could go to to get help with assignments on the 80's.  Jim went a little to far alot.  He posted alot of stuff that could be considered offensive...heck I found alot of it offensive.  I avoided his threads because of this.  It was hard to avoid his posts because, IMO, he hijacked alot of threads with the same stuff. 

Dagny, while I agree with you about the rules I would just like to add that Most of the "Political Board" could be considered offensive to children as well as it gets VERY mean in there. I have, for the most part, avoided going in there and also avoided any other posts I found offensive. Rules are rules though :-\\

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 8:32 pm

Chucky wants to keep this site suitable for kids.  He has explained that it was originally created as a site kids could go to to get help with assignments on the 80's.  Jim went a little to far alot.  He posted alot of stuff that could be considered offensive...heck I found alot of it offensive.  I avoided his threads because of this.  It was hard to avoid his posts because, IMO, he hijacked alot of threads with the same stuff. 

Which is fine.

I can't disagree that some things were a bit 'touchy' the annoying thing though is that people will only say anything once he's gone. it's not like he's some kind of monster.

I dare say if somebody had said to him, 'Ya know mate, that really offends me, please don't do it' he may just have said 'Yeah alright, fair enough, i won't do it' I know when he photoshopped things, if somebody said they didn't like it he'd get rid of it.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/02/05 at 8:33 pm

Chucky wants to keep this site suitable for kids.  He has explained that it was originally created as a site kids could go to to get help with assignments on the 80's.  Jim went a little to far alot.  He posted alot of stuff that could be considered offensive...heck I found alot of it offensive.  I avoided his threads because of this.  It was hard to avoid his posts because, IMO, he hijacked alot of threads with the same stuff.  

I agree. Isn't there another forum for that kinda stuff?

*shrugs* Ohhh well.  ::)

Beth

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/05 at 8:36 pm

I can't disagree that some things were a bit 'touchy' the annoying thing though is that people will only say anything once he's gone. it's not like he's some kind of monster.

I never thought he was some kind of monster...I just figured it was his personality.  Like I said I just avoided his thread.  I was just responding as to why he may have been banned.  I doubt it was Satanism...I didn't even know he practiced that.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 8:36 pm

Which is fine.

I dare say if somebody had said to him, 'Ya know mate, that really offends me, please don't do it' he may just have said 'Yeah alright, fair enough, i won't do it' I know when he photoshopped things, if somebody said they didn't like it he'd get rid of it.
True enough. I know he never posted a pic of me without asking my permission. To quote a line from Mr. Mom "Keep that sense of humor, it's critical"...unfortunately not everyone takes things the same :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/05 at 8:42 pm

Which is fine.

I did tell him that a certain photoshopped picture of me that he posted DID piss me off, and yes, he took it down.....however, he had to make one final stab and get YOU to post yet another mocking picture of me in a thread that I created.  I specifically made that thread to share recipes etc, and he started his sh!t again, as usual....so I made a post that said, "only real recipes need posted".....however, he continued posting sh!t, and putting mock recipes like, "hot dogs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches".  To me, that was him just making fun or mocking, and I didn't appreciate it.

I never had a problem with him until during the time when there was a controversy with a particular board member, and all I did was post my opinion on the matter (which everyone is entitled to their own)....and just because it happened to be against what he was for...he started making snide comments toward me and my posts....so, being the type of person that I am...I gave them right back.

He probably thinks that I was the one who reported him...however, I had nothing to do with it. That is NOT saying that I wouldn't have...but in this instance I did not.

Erin

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/05 at 8:44 pm

True enough. I know he never posted a pic of me without asking my permission. To quote a line from Mr. Mom "Keep that sense of humor, it's critical"...unfortunately not everyone takes things the same :-\\

ya, it's funny...until someone is freakin' mocking you...then it's not so damn funny anymore.

Erin

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:19 pm

ya, it's funny...until someone is freakin' mocking you...then it's not so damn funny anymore.

Erin
That's very true, Erin :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 9:39 pm

Well.. so, let me check.. are we positive it was a ban?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:41 pm

Well.. so, let me check.. are we positive it was a ban?
Sadly I believe it is....I just hope it's temporary like Howards was a while back :-\\

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 9:42 pm

Sadly I believe it is....I just hope it's temporary like Howards was a while back :-\\

Well, Howard's account wasn't deleted. Jiminy's was.

Written By: jackas on 09/02/05 at 9:45 pm

I just don't know what to say.................

I guess jiminy tainted your little kindergarten playground. ::)

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 9:46 pm

He was a habitual line-stepper... but I didn't care.. he was funny about it. If it's just unfunny line-stepping.. then I don't care. But jiminy was da bomb, yo. F'sho.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:47 pm

Well, Howard's account wasn't deleted. Jiminy's was.
I hadn't thought about that :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:48 pm

I just don't know what to say.................

Think of it as some MAJOR double standards for some :-X ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/02/05 at 9:55 pm

Ok.  Maybe there is a simpler solution to this than we think.

I'll bet he hasn't been banned from a certain other board which shall remain nameless.  He can surely still post there, and people who enjoy reading his posts can certainly go there too.

Those who prefer a more serious (no fart/poop/booger talk) board can simply stay here.

Those who want a mix can go to both!

Maybe I'm crazy... but wouldn't that solve the problem for EVERYONE? ???

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 9:56 pm

I'll bet he hasn't been banned from a certain other board which shall remain nameless.  He can surely still post there, and people who enjoy reading his posts can certainly go there too.

Those who prefer a more serious (no fart/poop/booger talk) board can simply stay here.

Those who want a mix can go to both!

Maybe I'm crazy... but wouldn't that solve the problem for EVERYONE? ???

Yeah... well, some people can't go to that.. work computer, family computer.. stuff like that. But it's a good plan.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:00 pm

MANY members have been over the line...including me and yet we're still around. I can't really see how his "Breaking" a rule was any worse than say...me being personally attacked in public over the years by some that remain members ::)

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:02 pm

MANY members have been over the line...including me and yet we're still around. I can't really see how his "Breaking" a rule was any worse than say...me being personally attacked in public over the years by some that remain members ::)

Well, arguments and fights break out sometimes.. if you're a chronic trouble-starter, you DO get disciplined.. but a few fights once in a while? Forgive and forget, that's what I say.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:06 pm

Well, arguments and fights break out sometimes.. if you're a chronic trouble-starter, you DO get disciplined.. but a few fights once in a while? Forgive and forget, that's what I say.
Very true, all the more reason to wonder why this man who, IMHO, is not a bad guy, gets banned while you can venture into the Political thread at any time and if you dare disagree you get ripped a new one :o

Written By: YWN on 09/02/05 at 10:19 pm

I never saw him get a warning...  Yeah, he made fun of people a lot, but that was what I liked about him.  Now who is going to photoshop us?  :(

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:21 pm

I never saw him get a warning...

Well, I think he always kinda KNEW he was the edge.. he never really needed one.. he was on a perpetual warning.. if that makes any sense.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:22 pm

I never saw him get a warning...  Yeah, he made fun of people a lot, but that was what I liked about him.  Now who is going to photoshop us?  :(
He was probably PM'd.

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:24 pm

He was probably PM'd.

Well, didn't Howard get a public warning too?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:25 pm

Well, didn't Howard get a public warning too?
I honestly don't remember :-\\ But Howard had a "temporary" ban.

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:27 pm

I honestly don't remember :-\\ But Howard had a "temporary" ban.

Yeah.. so you figure Jiminy would have had even more warnings up front if it's so severe..

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:29 pm

Yeah.. so you figure Jiminy would have had even more warnings up front if it's so severe..
Yeah but some things are better off in PM's to save the person the embarrassment.

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:31 pm

Yeah but some things are better off in PM's to save the person the embarrassment.

Well, Howard was MADE to apologize, in public.. I think the embarassment factor was deliberate.. so I don't suppose they tried to spare Jiminy.. could be, though.. plus, I doubt jiminy would have apologized, anyway.. he was too badass to say "sorry".  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:35 pm

Well, Howard was MADE to apologize, in public.. I think the embarassment factor was deliberate.. so I don't suppose they tried to spare Jiminy.. could be, though.. plus, I doubt jiminy would have apologized, anyway.. he was too badass to say "sorry".  ;D
I think Jim would've been honorable enough to admit his mistake.

Written By: Apricot on 09/02/05 at 10:37 pm

I think Jim would've been honorable enough to admit his mistake.

Yeah, I suppose.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:41 pm

Yeah, I suppose.
And I am certain ;)

Written By: YWN on 09/02/05 at 10:50 pm

Jiminy would NEVER apologize or take something back.  He has never had the ability to be serious.  Everything he says is sarcasm.  So it would definitely make sense that they would PM him rather than make it public.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 10:54 pm

Jiminy would NEVER apologize or take something back.  He has never had the ability to be serious.  Everything he says is sarcasm.  So it would definitely make sense that they would PM him rather than make it public.
I belive he would apologize for any wrongdoing. There are PLENTY of people that have openly "Attacked" others over the years and yet they are still here, many of which lead the charge to ban people who have done much less than they have ::)

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/05 at 12:17 am

Jiminy's been kicked off the boards? I'm not sure whether I am surprised or not.

Written By: jaytee on 09/03/05 at 2:36 am

Jiminy's been kicked off the boards? I'm not sure whether I am surprised or not.

I feel the same way Rob.  He's never offended me but I'm sure others have been.

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/05 at 2:37 am

Jiminy always loved to push the envelope to see how far he could go. It seems Chucky has told him no more - I reckon he must have been given warnings before he was given the push though.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 5:36 am

Wow, this is a shocker - 4 pages before I even knew it. Must've happened recently.  :o

I never got to know him very well on a personal level (though he was always cool with me in the threads where we talked, so I certainly don't harbor any negative feelings on him at all).

So, for a relative "outsider's" opinion -- I think anything he did/said was meant more from a sense of humor perspective and not to annoy or offend anyone. Some of the jokes and other stuff he said, I thought was funny as h*ll (even if I'd never dream of posting some of it myself, LOL).

He did seem to have a tendency to "hijack" threads with random comments alot - that's the only thing that remotely got on my nerves (I moderate a couple other boards, so maybe that whole "stay on topic" thing is just the mod in me talking!). Although of course, it was no BIG deal to me usually.

Yet I haven't read every thread, so I don't know the whole story. Also, keep in mind, what doesn't offend one person COULD offend someone else, so you have to think of that too. Sometimes he did make quasi s*xual references for instance, but they struck me as being in a more clever/indirect way, as opposed to being overt, if that makes sense.

In short, I think he's a pretty cool guy, and I'll miss him around here, but Chucky (who seems like a nice and fair guy) makes the rules. If he banned Jim, I'm sure he had a good reason, so I don't fault that.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/03/05 at 5:41 am

I'm sure he will be missed.  :-\\ Heres hoping he shows up at some other board which I can't really mention here due to the content of that particular board which doesn't quite meet up with the "family friendly PG-13" image of this board.  ::)

Written By: Valhalla on 09/03/05 at 8:02 am

it's amazing that in today's society almost everything a person says or does can be deemed offensive to someone else. yes there are situations that actually are offensive and i'm not condoning it. but it seems that nowadays you have to be careful of everything you say or do.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/03/05 at 9:49 am

it's amazing that in today's society almost everything a person says or does can be deemed offensive to someone else. yes there are situations that actually are offensive and i'm not condoning it. but it seems that nowadays you have to be careful of everything you say or do.
So true, I mean if the rules were always enforced the same for all, then I truly believe at least half of the board, including me, would be gone :-\\ There was a guy here a few years ago who was a long time member and when a couple got married. He commented to the guy "You can have her" and was promptly banned. He was joking but it was enough to get him banned. That SAME couple dogged me hard about my late son Blaine and yet THEY whined to Chucky about me and he got tired of them so they are gone, though I believe they have returned as other peole ::) It's very hard for Chucky to run the board by what we all consider fair but he does the best he can to keep things in order. This one just bothered me more because as previously stated, Jim never offended me but I'm sure some others couldn't just ignore him and now he's gone :-\\

Written By: Gis on 09/03/05 at 10:01 am

Personally I always got the impression he was laughing at people rather than with them and therefore I can't say I ever warmed to him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/05 at 10:04 am

I agree with you. In fact, there were many times I laughed at some of his antics and other times it was just  ::) . But, for the record-I HAVE NEVER REPORTED HIM!!!!  I only report things that I think are truly offensive.

Cat

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/03/05 at 10:28 am

Personally I found him very funny and amusing, though he would never reply directly to anything I asked him, pretty much like 50% of the people on here - they just blank you, but HEY  ;D ;D

umm last post I saw of his was the one about snakes and reptiles and his like for them - I will miss his nutty photofits  ;D ;D

I considered him an interesting poster.

Can I also say the title of this thread 'Jim - Just Let Him Rot'  isn't very nice IS IT!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 10:48 am

Personally I found him very funny and amusing, though he would never reply directly to anything I asked him, pretty much like 50% of the people on here - they just blank you, but HEY   ;D ;D

umm last post I saw of his was the one about snakes and reptiles and his like for them - I will miss his nutty photofits   ;D ;D

I considered him an interesting poster.

Can I also say the title of this thread 'Jim - Just Let Him Rot'  isn't very nice IS IT!!
I certainly enjoyed the "Reindeer Games" Thread he started.

The name of this thread should change.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 11:12 am

It's in reference to a poem he wrote, and one of his favourite songs.

Called 'Just Let Me Rot'

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 11:15 am

Called 'Just Let Me Rot'
...or Just Let Me, What?

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/03/05 at 11:29 am

He's gone!!!!!!! That's too bad... but then again, I don't have to be careful about what posts I read anymore...

BUT HE'S GONE!  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 11:32 am

He's gone!!!!!!! That's too bad... but then again, I don't have to be careful about what posts I read anymore...

BUT HE'S GONE!  :(
No more Reindeer Games...

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/03/05 at 12:32 pm

I can't say I'll miss him much at all. It gets annoying when someone never makes a non-sarcastic post. And his threadjacking went overboard too. The way he screwed up Erin's recipe thread was a really ***hole thing to do.

Written By: YWN on 09/03/05 at 1:24 pm

How did he screw up a recipe?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/03/05 at 1:27 pm

Personally I always got the impression he was laughing at people rather than with them and therefore I can't say I ever warmed to him.

That's the feeling I got, too.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 6:30 pm

I always laugh at people. I openly mock some people, if that makes me bad i don't wanna be good.

Written By: Bobby on 09/03/05 at 6:32 pm

I always laugh at people. I openly mock some people, if that makes me bad i don't wanna be good.

Mocking isn't always a good thing, Andy, because you don't always know their circumstances.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 6:44 pm

Mocking isn't always a good thing, Andy, because you don't always know their circumstances.

Yeah.. sometimes fun-poking is not welcome.. even if it's all in good humor.. well, good humor isn't always appropriate.. and it really can bother people when they don't get taken seriously.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/03/05 at 6:52 pm

Called 'Just Let Me Rot'

Ahh I can recall a few lines of text - is that what it said then??

Uh is that you Mr Andy (Alchoholica)  great new name btw   ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/03/05 at 7:01 pm

Jim was a funny guy but I understand could how the frequency/content things he posted would get him the boot. Sometimes I did find the lame sex humor very tiring at times, but I was never truly offended.

The things that have offended me were:
Homophobic jokes, comments AND Mocking of other people's cultures and/or races
I haven't seen much of this lately, but it darned sure nearly made me leave for good. These are the reasons why I don't waste my time in chat rooms. I hate it when this kind of BS pops up here, its' enough dealing with it in the real world >:(

*I wasn't accusing Jiminy of making racist or homophobic comments, I was just venting.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 7:08 pm

I tend to say what's on my mind. If somebody dosen't like it, it's up to them to bring it up with me. I don't exist to cater to other's.

Ahh I can recall a few lines of text - is that what it said then??

Uh is that you Mr Andy (Alchoholica)  great new name btw  ;D

I'm sure i don't know who you mean. Oh wait, is it that ravishingly gorgeous andy chap, yes he was quite a lark.

Yeah that's basically what it said.

Jim was a funny guy but I understand could how the frequency/content things he posted would get him the boot. Sometimes I did find the lame sex humor very tiring at times, but I was never truly offended.

The things that have offended me were:
Homophobic jokes, comments AND Mocking of other people's cultures and/or races
I haven't seen much of this lately, but it darned sure nearly made me leave for good. These are the reasons why I don't waste my time in chat rooms. I hate it when this kind of BS pops up here, its' enough dealing with it in the real world >:(

*I wasn't accusing Jiminy of making racist or homophobic comments, I was just venting.

He He, understood. People have different senses of humor. I think when you get down to racial slurs.. it's like, even i draw the line. Your gonna make fun of somebody because of there Genetics, wow that's sure smart  ::) He didn't however.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 7:16 pm

I tend to say what's on my mind. If somebody dosen't like it, it's up to them to bring it up with me. I don't exist to cater to other's.

Same here... but you do it in the appropriate place, and in response to something.  You don't go into the "Meeting Place Poll" thread and start talking about Howard farts out of the blue, causing the thread to go way off topic for pages...  or start talking about "poo poo" in the recipe thread, etc... I think that was what annoyed people more than anything...

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 7:28 pm

Same here... but you do it in the appropriate place, and in response to something. You don't go into the "Meeting Place Poll" thread and start talking about Howard farts out of the blue, causing the thread to go way off topic for pages... or start talking about "poo poo" in the recipe thread, etc... I think that was what annoyed people more than anything...

I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Now, I sometimes make the occasional off-topic remark myself, but I'm careful about how I do it. Usually it's just one or two posts then I'll say "Back on topic" or something.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 7:40 pm

Now, I sometimes make the occasional off-topic remark myself, but I'm careful about how I do it. Usually it's just one or two posts then I'll say "Back on topic" or something.

Personally, I LOVE tangents.. but not on every single thread. And not all about Howard.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 7:41 pm

^ Good point.

A few comments here and there are funny (like I said, I do it too) but not 12 pages, lol.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 7:45 pm

A few comments here and there are funny (like I said, I do it too) but not 12 pages, lol.

One hobby of mine is to see how long a tangent can go.. the record is 14 pages.. it started with cheese being for sluts, and ended with Listerine.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 7:48 pm

One hobby of mine is to see how long a tangent can go.. the record is 14 pages.. it started with cheese being for sluts, and ended with Listerine. ;D

True, LOL.

That's almost coming full circle (they're both sort of food!). ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 7:50 pm

Same here... but you do it in the appropriate place, and in response to something.  You don't go into the "Meeting Place Poll" thread and start talking about Howard farts out of the blue, causing the thread to go way off topic for pages...  or start talking about "poo poo" in the recipe thread, etc... I think that was what annoyed people more than anything...

BUT IT'S FUNNY!!!

Maybe it's just because i'm childish, but on a 'website' that's not exactly intended to be a matter of life and death, for the most part just shooting the breeze i don't see how it hurts anybody... Annoying yeah. So is sunburn but we still go out in the sun  ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:07 pm

Oh, talking about Tangents. Am i the only person that finds the constant

'Oh your so great'

'You even better'

'Oh no, your definatley the best  :-* :-* :-*'

Stuff annoying??

That goes on and on and on.. and it's boring.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 8:08 pm

Oh, talking about Tangents. Am i the only person that finds the constant Stuff annoying??

I hate those.. even just one and back.. they suck. I mean, a COOL tangent is good.. like, one where it's funny, and it's a cool discussion.. but just "I love you." "No, I love you." " :-*" " :-*".. those SUCK.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 8:09 pm

'Oh your so great'

'You even better'

Stuff annoying??

I haven't seen that... but then again, there are alot of threads I don't even read...

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:10 pm

I hate those.. even just one and back.. they suck. I mean, a COOL tangent is good.. like, one where it's funny, and it's a cool discussion.. but just "I love you." "No, I love you." " :-*" " :-*".. those SUCK.

Agreed.. it's just annoying when it goes on forever. You know, i just ignore it. It dosen't bother me much...

Same with Jim, he'd go off on something, sometimes i'd discuss it, sometimes i wouldn't. It's not like anybody is putting a gun to your head about it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/03/05 at 8:10 pm

"I love you." "No, I love you." " :-*" " :-*".. those SUCK.
Rob & Maria?  ::) ;D

*Ducks eggs soon to be aimed at him*  :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:12 pm

No not really them, they tend to keep it to themselves.

I'm not gonna name any names, and i'm not saying DON'T DO IT! But it's essentially double standards.

Something annoys some people, something else annoys others.. It's not like either is hurting either.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 8:13 pm

Try being on the forum when it's just them and you.. Oh God, it's so weird.. I feel like a third wheel on someone I don't know's date.  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 8:23 pm

BUT IT'S FUNNY!!!

Maybe it's just because i'm childish, but on a 'website' that's not exactly intended to be a matter of life and death, for the most part just shooting the breeze i don't see how it hurts anybody... Annoying yeah. So is sunburn but we still go out in the sun  ::)

I found Jiminy's comments funny when they were in a "tangent" or "bs" thread... like "Go anywhere thread" or "i gotta pee" or "Howard fun club" or "hot tub party"...  Anyone who is overly annoyed/bothered/offended by his comments probably never reads those threads...so if he had only kept his comments in those threads, this probably wouldn't have happened... :-\\

just my opinion...

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 8:27 pm

I found Jiminy's comments funny when they were in a "tangent" or "bs" thread... like "Go anywhere thread" or "i gotta pee" or "Howard fun club" or "hot tub party"...  Anyone who is overly annoyed/bothered/offended by his comments probably never reads those threads...so if he had only kept his comments in those threads, this probably wouldn't have happened... :-\\

just my opinion...

Those threads annoyed me.. they kept getting bumped, and they were essentially just pointless threads.. we already have "Longest Thread Ever".. that's enough for me.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:47 pm

Hey here's a point.

If you read the don't buy gas thread you'll see Alex directly insulting people.. going out of his way to do it. I never saw Jim go out of his way to insult somebody.. yet nobody is up in arms about Alex.

Let it be said that i'm not either, i don't give a shi*.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 8:49 pm

Hey here's a point.

If you read the don't buy gas thread you'll see Alex directly insulting people.. going out of his way to do it. I never saw Jim go out of his way to insult somebody.. yet nobody is up in arms about Alex.

I'm up in arms about it. Off with his head, I say!  :D

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:50 pm

I'm up in arms about it. Off with his head, I say!  :D

Beth

Well, now i wanna see if you agree with me here or not.

Was what Alex said, directly offensive to any specific individual?

Was anything Jim said, intended to be offensive to any 'specific' individual?

Or to put it a different way.

Was what Alex said, said in a humerous way or a hurtfull way?

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 8:50 pm

yet nobody is up in arms about Alex.

Au contraire.. I folded my newspaper... that means I'm ready.. ready to

Kick...

Some...

ASS!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 8:52 pm

Well, now i wanna see if you agree with me here or not.

Was what Alex said, directly offensive to any specific individual?

Was anything Jim said, intended to be offensive to any 'specific' individual?

Or to put it a different way.

Was what Alex said, said in a humerous way or a hurtfull way?

Yes, I know where you're going with this, and I agree with you. What A(ss)lex said was completely unnecessary, and extremely rude.

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 8:58 pm

Yes, I know where you're going with this, and I agree with you. What A(ss)lex said was completely unnecessary, and extremely rude.

Beth

As compared to something Jim would say that's intended to be a joke.

Yeah, i'm not gonna say that OH EVERYTHING IS SO UNFAIR.. but when Double Standards are employeed it kinda gets me going.

Well, i think Alex needs speaking to, i'm sure he knows exactly what he said!

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 9:00 pm

Well, i think Alex needs speaking to, i'm sure he knows exactly what he said!

I think he just needs the sword removed from his vagina.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 9:00 pm

Hey here's a point.

I am totally up in arms and offended by his comments.  (could that be because they were directed at me? ;) )  The mood his little tirade put me in I wouldn't mind at all seeing him banned.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 9:03 pm

I am totally up in arms and offended by his comments.  (could that be because they were directed at me? ;) )  The mood his little tirade put me in I wouldn't mind at all seeing him banned.

Go have a look  ;D

Now, let me ask you.

Did you ever see Jim say anything to anybody that was intentionally meant to offend and hurt them?

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 9:05 pm

Go have a look ;D

Now, let me ask you.

Did you ever see Jim say anything to anybody that was intentionally meant to offend and hurt them?

No, I didn't...but I tended to skim his posts as they were in poor taste, IMO.  I think the main problem with him was that it was in every thread.  If it was limited to his threads there wouldn't have been a problem.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 9:06 pm

So it's settled? Alex gets hung by his left earlobe at dawn? I'm game. *grabs pitchfork and torch*

Beth

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 9:08 pm

Can I watch? ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 9:10 pm

Can I watch? ;)

Well shyeah! I was kinda counting on you to bring the rope. I have the pitchfork and torch...I've run out of hands for carrying.

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 9:11 pm

So it's settled? Alex gets hung by his left earlobe at dawn? I'm game. *grabs pitchfork and torch*

I'm gonna take his nuts as a necklace  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 9:12 pm

I'm gonna take his nuts as a necklace  ;D

..... <No comment>

Beth

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 9:13 pm

..... <No comment>

Beth

*awkward silence*

...*Followed by more awkward silence*

Ok! Moving on!

Beth

Written By: whitewolf on 09/03/05 at 9:28 pm

Hey here's a point.

I am also offended by what he said. He was way out of line.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 9:29 pm

I am also offended by what he said. He was way out of line.

Ok.

So can i ask you as well.

Did Jim every directly offend you?

I'm just trying to get a good picture of this.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 9:30 pm

Jim never bothered me.. I never did anything to piss him off. He only REALLY went after the arseholes.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 9:31 pm

There is another question here... and I'm not trying to take sides... I don't like to see ANYBODY get banned...  but "offending" aside...

Did Alex break any board rules?

Did Jiminy?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 9:32 pm

Ok.

That's fine and dandy. But I fear your campaining isn't going to do much of anything.

Beth

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 9:34 pm

There is another question here... and I'm not trying to take sides... I don't like to see ANYBODY get banned...  but "offending" aside...

Did Jiminy?

Alex, no.  Although he is lucky I am not a Mod as I am PMSing and his comments made me want to nuke him. ;)

Jiminy, in my opinion, yes.  He was warned and didn't comply.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 9:36 pm

1. Did Alex break any board rules?

2. Did Jiminy?

1. Well, no, as far as I know.. he's a jerk, but he's really done nothing wrong. If we can't scare him off, we really can't get him banned for being an arse.

2. Hell to the yes. I didn't care... but some people may have.

Written By: whitewolf on 09/03/05 at 9:41 pm

Ok.

sometimes yes, I also know that most of it was him joking with some of the other members, but sometimes his jokes went too far.

There is another question here... and I'm not trying to take sides... I don't like to see ANYBODY get banned...  but "offending" aside...

Did Jiminy?

both were being rude

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/03/05 at 9:52 pm

I generally don't discuss member bans on the board, usually only with the person in question.  I usually make an exception if it's someone who's been around a while.

As I've pointed out in the other thread, the main reasons 1) Posting pictures that contained nudity or adult subject matter (R rated stuff, not x-rated, but still not appropriate) 2) thread jacking 3) adult/mature topics

I've warned him in the past about the pictures, but he's continued to do it.  I've deleted a few I've either spotted or have been reported.  I've also warned him about the adult stuff.  No response on his part either time.  After awhile, when you realize someone isn't listening, you just stop saying anything.  The behavoir continued.  The threadjacking was just the final icing on the cake.  His behavoir was also causing another member to post stuff he shouldn't (egging him on).

It's one thing to avoid threads you know you won't like, but to have to read crap from someone (plus all the responses it generates) in a thread that isn't a nonsense thread, is just not acceptable.  It makes for an unpleasant experience.  While some people might think it "breaks things up", well, their right, but it doesn't need to be done.  It's why there's threads. I don't want to read a thread about cars and then find someone discussing bathroom humor in the middle of it.  It derails any conversation being made.  There's no point to even having threads on a subject matter at that point.  Why not just post like a giant chat room if that's what's wanted.  Well, you can do that on the threads that have no topic.

As for the posts by Alex.  Several people had responded by the time I saw it.  His post definitely should be removed, but then I would need to remove the responses.  I felt the responses were appropriate and should be read, especially by the twit who inpsired the responses.  I'll post in the thread and see if the people involved in it want the post and the followups removed.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/03/05 at 9:55 pm

I generally don't discuss member bans on the board, usually only with the person in question.  I usually make an exception if it's someone who's been around a while.

As I've pointed out in the other thread, the main reasons 1) Posting pictures that contained nudity or adult subject matter (R rated stuff, not x-rated, but still not appropriate) 2) thread jacking 3) adult/mature topics

I've warned him in the past about the pictures, but he's continued to do it.  I've deleted a few I've either spotted or have been reported.  I've also warned him about the adult stuff.  No response on his part either time.  After awhile, when you realize someone isn't listening, you just stop saying anything.  The behavoir continued.  The threadjacking was just the final icing on the cake.  His behavoir was also causing another member to post stuff he shouldn't (egging him on).

It's one thing to avoid threads you know you won't like, but to have to read crap from someone (plus all the responses it generates) in a thread that isn't a nonsense thread, is just not acceptable.  It makes for an unpleasant experience.  While some people might think it "breaks things up", well, their right, but it doesn't need to be done.  It's why there's threads. I don't want to read a thread about cars and then find someone discussing bathroom humor in the middle of it.  It derails any conversation being made.  There's no point to even having threads on a subject matter at that point.  Why not just post like a giant chat room if that's what's wanted.  Well, you can do that on the threads that have no topic.

As for the posts by Alex.  Several people had responded by the time I saw it.  His post definitely should be removed, but then I would need to remove the responses.  I felt the responses were appropriate and should be read, especially by the twit who inpsired the responses.  I'll post in the thread and see if the people involved in it want the post and the followups removed.

Alright i can accept that.

As i've said, my point wasn't that he did 'naughty' (for lack of a better word) things, but that other people have in the past and it has, to the best of my knowledge, been ignored.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 10:07 pm

It's one thing to avoid threads you know you won't like, but to have to read crap from someone (plus all the responses it generates) in a thread that isn't a nonsense thread, is just not acceptable. It makes for an unpleasant experience. While some people might think it "breaks things up", well, their right, but it doesn't need to be done. It's why there's threads. I don't want to read a thread about cars and then find someone discussing bathroom humor in the middle of it. It derails any conversation being made. There's no point to even having threads on a subject matter at that point. Why not just post like a giant chat room if that's what's wanted. Well, you can do that on the threads that have no topic.

Yeah, I totally agree here.

In fact on some message boards I go to, mods will lock a thread if it strays off-topic (since that would make it irrelevant to the title of the topic).

I had a friend on there who was eventually banned because -- while always being nice and well-meaning -- she tended to post totally random stuff like that (or one word responses and stuff) more like it was a chatroom as opposed to staying on topic.

Like I've said, Jim would be a fun guy to talk with in a more "friendly/uncontrolled/chatroom" environment, but it's not cool to do alot of what he apparently did - especially after being warned. The threadjacking kinda annoyed me sometimes too (if I wanted to read about the topic itself and it went in a million directions).

As for Alex, I'm afraid I don't know more than what I've read here, so I can't really comment. He always seemed like a nice guy, but I never knew him much.

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 10:10 pm

As for Alex, I'm afraid I don't know more than what I've read here, so I can't really comment. He always seemed like a nice guy, but I never knew him much.

Nice.. guy...?

Oh man, I find this hilarious.

Actually, I kinda thought he was a nice guy.. until I saw his posts on Politics.. and then someone said "Ghey"..  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 10:13 pm

^ Yeah. I only saw maybe 4 of his posts way back in the day, so I'm sure that's not an accurate representation. :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/03/05 at 10:14 pm

If by "nice" you mean..."Man, that guy sure does have a yardstick up his arse", then YES! You're right!

Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 10:16 pm

Ok... I think I'm done talking about this...(jiminy)

On to the next scandal...

Dagwood... are YOU Hairspray? ;D

(kidding)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/03/05 at 10:17 pm

Jim never bothered me.. I never did anything to piss him off. He only REALLY went after the arseholes.

well I am not an arsehole, and he was attacking my threads, only for the mere fact that I posted my opinions about Mark being SF...and that set him off, as he must be one of Mark's good pals or something.

Erin

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 10:18 pm

No, Andrea... I'M HAIRSPRAY!

well I am not an Ashcroft, and he was attacking my threads, only for the mere fact that I posted my opinions about Mark being SF...and that set him off, as he must be one of Mark's good pals or something.

Hmm.. I never saw him go off on you.. my bizzle. *bad*

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 10:20 pm

Dagwood... are YOU Hairspray? ;D

(kidding)

Maybe, maybe not......ok, not. ;D  (nice threadjack)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 10:22 pm

Maybe, maybe not......ok, not. ;D  (nice threadjack)

oh yeah, I forgot.. this is the alex thread... ::) ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 09/03/05 at 10:34 pm

Good point. :D

Written By: jackas on 09/03/05 at 10:41 pm

'Oh your so great'

'You even better'

Stuff annoying??

Oh thank you for saying that, I thought I was the only one.  It's so phony.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 10:41 pm

^ LOL. I know some people who talk like that in real life too.

Anyway, I just was browsing through some other sections, and came across those few posts of Alex's - let's just say my opinion of him plummeted about a gajillion points. ::)

Now I know what you guys were referring to, that was pretty uncalled for on his part.

Written By: jackas on 09/03/05 at 10:44 pm

I think he just needs the sword removed from his vagina.

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Apricot on 09/03/05 at 10:44 pm

;D ;D ;D

It's the only way I can accurately put it.

Written By: jackas on 09/03/05 at 10:58 pm

It's the only way I can accurately put it.

And well put it was. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 09/03/05 at 11:11 pm

Oh thank you for saying that, I thought I was the only one.  It's so phony.

I love you Chrissy :P ;D

Written By: jackas on 09/03/05 at 11:13 pm

I love you Chrissy :P ;D

I'm walking on cloud 9 when you are here Andrea. :-* :-*

Written By: jackas on 09/03/05 at 11:16 pm

um.. was there supposed to be a post there? ???

I'm still in heaven, even though you're a loon. :-* :-*

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/04/05 at 10:23 am

Amazing! A post where Jimmy isn't completely being sarcastic!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,8311.30.html

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/05 at 11:54 am

I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

We have all gone off-topic at one time or another. A couple of posts off-topic IMO is ok.  But some people have really gone over-board doing it (several pages worth) and I get annoyed by it. I'm sure many others do too.

Cat

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/04/05 at 1:17 pm

Wow, I am really shocked and saddened by the amount of vitrol in here directed toward me.

My comments in the politics threads were just opinions. Dagwood, I did not mean anything personal against you. My comments about decisions and the like were meant to be in general, not directed against a particular person. You brought up yourself, but you said as an example. I didn't say the things I said to be mean. My opinion on that particular subject, just like anything else, is based on certain things. I didnt just pull it out of my butt to be "mean" or anything of the sort. Anyone who knows me knows I am not mean at all.

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/04/05 at 1:18 pm

I also find it funny that I was targeted for comments that were supposedly personally insulting, yet you guys are going on and on very openly insulting me.

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/05 at 1:22 pm

I didn't say you did exist to cater to others but a touch of sensitivity goes a long way.  :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/04/05 at 2:01 pm

I didn't say you did exist to cater to others but a touch of sensitivity goes a long way.  :)

It can do, and sometimes i try to be like that, my point was i'd rather not have to worry about every little thing i was saying.

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/04/05 at 2:14 pm

True.....it's not easy when people abuse the "sensitivity" issue ;)

Exactly.

Don't use the word home Kim, it get's me all upset  ::)

Oh, you have to change your name as well.. cus i miss my mum!

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/04/05 at 2:16 pm

I didn't use "that" word

For future reference

...and I'll change my name, just for you ;)

But of course

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/04/05 at 2:24 pm

Better ? ;D

God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/05 at 2:26 pm

God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson

Did she sneeze?

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/04/05 at 2:35 pm

You know, Andy, heaven holds a place for those who pray.....you'd better get going on that ;)

Hell... is for Hero's

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/05 at 2:37 pm

It can do, and sometimes i try to be like that, my point was i'd rather not have to worry about every little thing i was saying.

You are right there. There is no point in being neurotic about it.  :)

Written By: jaytee on 09/04/05 at 6:28 pm

'Oh your so great'

'You even better'

Stuff annoying??

Vomit inducing stuff that!!  I also can't stand the "Say Nice Things About Each Other" threads  :P

Written By: Bobby on 09/04/05 at 6:39 pm

Vomit inducing stuff that!!  I also can't stand the "Say Nice Things About Each Other" threads  :P

Ah! They're not bad at all. It's nice to see a bit of positivity on the boards and think about the other members here in a nice light.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/05 at 5:07 pm

In My Opinion,I really couldn't stand Jim sometimes but on the other hand he was a jokester.I'll miss him a little bit.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 5:13 pm

In My Opinion,I really couldn't stand Jim sometimes but on the other hand he was a jokester.I'll miss him a little bit.

Boy, were we wrong!

Written By: jaytee on 09/07/05 at 5:14 pm

Geez Howard with friends like you who needs enemies!!  ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/07/05 at 5:18 pm

Geez Howard with friends like you who needs enemies!!  ;)

:PI thought you two got on well Howard?

Written By: Howard on 09/07/05 at 6:02 pm

:PI thought you two got on well Howard?

He was alright I guess.I just don't know what I thought about him. :(

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 6:10 pm

He was alright I guess.I just don't know what I thought about him. :(

I think that's how we all felt, but then again, I never really talked to him.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/05 at 6:12 pm

I think that's how we all felt, but then again, I never really talked to him.

He was considered a jokester in my opinion. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 6:17 pm

He was considered a jokester in my opinion. ;D

Yeah, pretty much...

Hello, Howie  ;D (your aim name)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/05 at 6:18 pm

Yeah, pretty much...

Hello, Howie  ;D (your aim name)

How did you get my AIM name? ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 6:21 pm

How did you get my AIM name? ;D

You listed it  ;D

silly goose

Written By: Apricot on 09/07/05 at 8:12 pm

I also find it funny that I was targeted for comments that were supposedly personally insulting, yet you guys are going on and on very openly insulting me.

Well, I think it was kinda like a "taste of your own medicine" sorta thing.. you know, eye for an eye.. give back what you gave out.. ya know? Just what I think it was.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 8:22 pm

Well, I think it was kinda like a "taste of your own medicine" sorta thing.. you know, eye for an eye.. give back what you gave out.. ya know? Just what I think it was.

Well they weren't necesarilly (don't know how to spell that) insulting him... They were just trying to prove him wrong... and they got mad about it, so they had a right to...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/07/05 at 9:41 pm

Well they weren't necesarilly (don't know how to spell that) insulting him... They were just trying to prove him wrong... and they got mad about it, so they had a right to...

Spelling issues? I suggest the spellchecker, located below the message box! *cheesy grin*

Beth

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/05 at 9:46 pm

Spelling issues? I suggest the spellchecker, located below the message box! *cheesy grin*

Beth

Oh yeah, that thing! I should try that sometime!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 9:19 am

I have no idea what what's going on, am I missing out on something?  ???

Written By: karen on 09/08/05 at 9:23 am

I have no idea what what's going on

which bit aren't you understanding Jamie?

am I missing out on something? ???

probably

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 9:27 am

1) What happened...

2) I guessing I am right.

Written By: karen on 09/08/05 at 10:32 am

1) What happened...

2) I guessing I am right.

This post might explain it

Jiminy was banned.  He's been asked to refrain from posting pictures that he shouldn't, and he was still doing it, even as recently as this week.  The biggest reason is because he's constantly threadjacking to launch "good natured" barbs at various members.  While none of the people targeted complained directly, people were getting sick of seeing threads taken over with stuff that clearly wasn't on topic.  It's not like posting off topic in one thread was the reason, it's more like a dozen threads in the past week.  I've just had enough of it, and was sick of seeing his posts reported every other day. One member even complained they were afraid to start a new thread because they expected him to begin making fun of people in it.  Hairspray actually told me she was going to ban him, but I beat her to it.  It was a long time coming, and I probably should have done it sooner.

I hate to ban a long time member who is active here, but if he's going to work at being a nuisance, he's not really welcome.

Some people didn't think he should have been banned hence the discussions.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/05 at 4:08 pm

Maybe he deserved getting banned

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/08/05 at 6:21 pm

Maybe he deserved getting banned

I think he did.

He was always doing things that were just a little.... Not appropriate.

Written By: YWN on 09/26/05 at 11:34 am

I think he did.

He was always doing things that were just a little.... Not appropriate.

I saw that recipe thread, and how he barged in and ruined it.  That was rude.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/05 at 6:47 pm

I would guess he's not coming back anymore

Check for new replies or respond here...