inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Results of Polls

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/05 at 10:29 am

It is quite obvious that Las Vegas won the poll, however the time is still in question.

Here is what it was:
Apr 06-1
May 06-3
Jun 06-4
Jul 06-3
Aug 06-1
Other-13

But the 13 did not specify. There were 2 that said Dec 06-Jan 07 (I'm including the person who said late 2006, early 2007 in this one)
2 people said 2007 (with no month)
1 said Summer of 2007
and 1 said 2007-2008

(by my calulations that is only 6 people who specified but they weren't really specific.)

There were some people who were making jokes so it was really hard to determine exactly what their vote was.

Any suggestions? Do we do another vote? I am at a loss here.

Cat

Subject: Re: Results of Polls

Written By: joedeertae on 09/08/05 at 3:28 pm

My thinking is that in the summer time the kids will be out of school and they could stay with family out of town (grands, aunts, uncles) or even, dare I say, go with.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/05 at 3:30 pm

I'm sorry but I won't be able to make Las Vegas.Maybe,some other time perhaps.

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/08/05 at 3:30 pm

I ain't flyin

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 3:32 pm

Well, my opinion is that if we DO meet in Vegas, we should probably try to do it in the winter as it's blasted HOT there in summer...

Good point...but we'd mostly be indoors, right? I'd hope so. :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/05 at 6:24 pm

I guess no one has any ideas-should we redo a poll about the time?

Cat

Written By: joedeertae on 09/08/05 at 10:12 pm

I guess no one has any ideas-should we redo a poll about the time?

Cat

I think so, Cat.  :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 09/08/05 at 10:59 pm

Well, I think everyone is in agreement that there is no way it will happen this year.  So maybe we should do a new poll around December 2005 for the time. 

Written By: jackas on 09/08/05 at 11:35 pm

I think that we should go back and find those who weren't specific and ask them to be more specific....either through a PM or a new poll just for them.

Summer time is better in Vegas.  Even though it is hot, you are hardly ever outdoors for very long.  Besides the desert can get really fricken cold in the winter, who wants to be packing coats and boots.  Which brings me to another point.  The hotter it is, the less clothes you need, thus the less you have to pack. :D

Written By: nally on 09/11/05 at 11:23 pm

Summer time is better in Vegas.  Even though it is hot, you are hardly ever outdoors for very long.  Besides the desert can get really fricken cold in the winter, who wants to be packing coats and boots.  Which brings me to another point.  The hotter it is, the less clothes you need, thus the less you have to pack. :D

that sounds good to me. I'm used to heat anyway, since I lived in the San Frenando Valley of Los Angeles for the first 20 years of my life (and still go to school out there); I know what the heat is like. So it'll probably be nothing new for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...