inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does it Bother Anyone Else?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/05 at 1:34 pm

Is it just me or are other people bothered by the way some people are posting "unessential" remarks on the photo thread that Andrea took a long time to create? Maybe those people will read this thread and remove those posts themselves or do you think we should petition Chucky to remove them for us?

Comments?

Cat

Subject: Re: Does it Bother Anyone Else?

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/16/05 at 1:48 pm

Is it just me or are other people bothered by the way some people are posting "unessential" remarks on the photo thread that Andrea took a long time to create? Maybe those people will read this thread and remove those posts themselves or do you think we should petition Chucky to remove them for us?

I'd agree with you on that.

Took her a while to do and it states plain and clear what it's there for.

Written By: Tam on 09/16/05 at 1:51 pm

My thoughts as well.

Andrea can also lock the topic after the changes are made so that no one can post and if they want to put pics in - they would have to pm Andrea to let her know ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/05 at 1:53 pm

My thoughts as well.

Andrea can also lock the topic after the changes are made so that no one can post and if they want to put pics in - they would have to pm Andrea to let her know ;)

We thought about that when she first put it up but she said that wants to leave it open for anyone to post their own pic because she said that she may not always be here.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 09/16/05 at 2:06 pm

We thought about that when she first put it up but she said that wants to leave it open for anyone to post their own pic because she said that she may not always be here.

Cat

I can understand that for sure. But because she stated exactly hat the thread is for - she shouldnt have to monitor it either. If people would learn to read and heed what is being said or asked of them - then there wouldnt be a problem. Unfortunately - some people just choose to ignore.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/05 at 2:15 pm

I can understand that for sure. But because she stated exactly hat the thread is for - she shouldnt have to monitor it either. If people would learn to read and heed what is being said or asked of them - then there wouldnt be a problem. Unfortunately - some people just choose to ignore.  :-\\

I know. And it really does bug me.  >:(

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 09/16/05 at 2:18 pm

I PM'd Andrea about it expressing my opinion a while back (I thought the whole idea was that it was supposed to be a gallery and therefore avoid the prospect of having a second thread exactly the same as the first).

She said if it gets too much, she may ask Chucky to clean it up. Why the thread can't be locked I don't know and only opened when Andrea decides to add more photos to it.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/05 at 2:24 pm

I PM'd Andrea about it expressing my opinion a while back (I thought the whole idea was that it was supposed to be a gallery and therefore avoid the prospect of having a second thread exactly the same as the first).

She said if it gets too much, she may ask Chucky to clean it up. Why the thread can't be locked I don't know and only opened when Andrea decides to add more photos to it.

I could lock it.. but the problem is, what if things change and I'm not around here anymore in, say, three months??  Not that I'm planning on abandoning the boards or anything, but we never know...things happen in life.  I might say something stupid one day and get banned, who knows? ;D

Maybe I should rephrase the topic somehow??  I put necessary comments meaning comments along with the photograph, like "this is me in 1986"  or "I am the one on the top right"..  or "this is me with my daughter"  I don't want to say "NO COMMENTS" because then people might think they can't describe their photos... maybe there's a better way to phrase it though?

Written By: Bobby on 09/16/05 at 2:27 pm

I could lock it.. but the problem is, what if things change and I'm not around here anymore in, say, three months??  Not that I'm planning on abandoning the boards or anything, but we never know...things happen in life.  I might say something stupid one day and get banned, who knows? ;D

The true answer to that is stay forever and don't get banned.  ;D

Maybe I should rephrase the topic somehow??  I put necessary comments meaning comments along with the photograph, like "this is me in 1986"  or "I am the one on the top right"..  or "this is me with my daughter"  I don't want to say "NO COMMENTS" because then people might think they can't describe their photos... maybe there's a better way to phrase it though?

Isn't this what we did in the first thread?

I'm Draconian about this so I say 'No Comments'.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/16/05 at 2:30 pm

It doesn't bother me at all.I guess some people have their own opinions.

Written By: chaka on 09/16/05 at 2:34 pm

It does start to annoy when the comments are taking up a whole page.

Written By: nally on 09/16/05 at 2:35 pm

Comments?

Cat

It does bother me. Andrea put a lot of time and effort to create a "clean" photo thread with necessary comments only, and that's what should be there. After the unnecessary posts are removed, maybe Andrea should lock up the thread, and unlock it when appropriate.

Written By: chaka on 09/16/05 at 2:37 pm

After the unnecessary posts are removed, maybe Andrea should lock up the thread, and unlock it when appropriate.

yes,I guess that's a good idea.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/16/05 at 7:02 pm

It does bother me. Andrea put a lot of time and effort to create a "clean" photo thread with necessary comments only, and that's what should be there. After the unnecessary posts are removed, maybe Andrea should lock up the thread, and unlock it when appropriate.

Yeah, I agree.

I was just re-reading it recently - thinking some more people had pics, and it was about a half page of "comments". Admittedly, 5 or 10 isn't that bad, but pretty soon it could turn into the other thread - one picture and 3 pages of comments apiece.

Maybe Chucky could move those into the main "Show us" thread or just delete 'em altogether (since some wouldn't make sense out of context).

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/16/05 at 7:10 pm

Comments?
Cat

Yes.  Yes it does.

Written By: jackas on 09/16/05 at 7:31 pm

Maybe someone could PM those who were chatting in there and ask them to remove their posts.  Anytime I make a mess I'm responsible for cleaning it up.  Why shouldn't they be?  Chucky shouldn't have to go clean their mess either.

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/16/05 at 7:31 pm

Yeah people need to lay off comments. I like the thread but I think it should just be pictures alone.

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/16/05 at 7:40 pm

pictures only  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/05 at 11:19 pm

true...I am sure if the guilty parties were just reminded....they would probably have no problem deleting their posts.

Erin :)

Written By: nally on 09/17/05 at 1:00 am

Yeah people need to lay off comments. I like the thread but I think it should just be pictures alone.

pictures only  8)

I agree with both of you. :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/17/05 at 1:04 am

Ya hear that, ya infamous commenters!! *shakes fist in the air*

Yes, I agree...I think it should be photo's only.  :)

Beth

Written By: Howard on 09/17/05 at 7:55 am

I think everyone's right.photos only

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 09/17/05 at 9:44 am

Yes. Yes it does.

I second that.

The whole point was a comment free thread that people could scroll thru easily to find pics of members.

I dont mind comments inside the post with the actual photo of course !!  But people dont need to overload the thread with silly replies.

I vote with Cat to clean the thread up and return it to Odyssey's original plan.

Written By: gemini on 09/17/05 at 6:52 pm

I agree, keep it for photos only! And BTW, Andrea, thanks for taking your time to make the thread!  :)

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 6:54 pm

I confess...  I was the first one in that thread to just comment, and I must have started a trend.  I'll remove my post.

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 6:55 pm

Ha!  The evidence is gone now!

Written By: Bobby on 09/17/05 at 6:55 pm

I confess...  I was the first one in that thread to just comment, and I must have started a trend.  I'll remove my post.

Very gallant of you. Well done YWN.  :)

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 7:02 pm

Very gallant of you. Well done YWN.  :)

Hey, I deleted a post; I didn't slay any dragons today.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 09/17/05 at 7:11 pm

Hey, I deleted a post; I didn't slay any dragons today.   ;)

You didn't slay your mom then?  ;) ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/17/05 at 7:18 pm

HO!!

Bobby- 1
YWN- Zzzzzzzip!!

Beth

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 7:32 pm

No, but you might say I slayed your mom last night.

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 7:33 pm

HO!!

Bobby- 1
YWN- Zzzzzzzip!!

Beth

You callin' my mom a ho?

Written By: Bobby on 09/17/05 at 7:34 pm

No, but you might say I slayed your last night.

How weak.   ::) ;D

She said your sword didn't compare to Excalibur by a long way.   ;D

Written By: YWN on 09/17/05 at 7:41 pm

I don't know why the post came out like that, but here is what it should have said, although you probably got the gist of it anyway:

"No, but you might say I slayed your mom last night."

How weak.   ::) ;D

She said your sword didn't compare to Excalibur by a long way.   ;D

Excalibur is a manwhore.  It's okay to come in second and not cum in seconds.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/19/05 at 10:47 am

I noticed 2 threads on pics.  One should be without unnecessary comments.The other people should be able to make comments

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/05 at 11:38 am

I don't know why the post came out like that, but here is what it should have said, although you probably got the gist of it anyway:

"No, but you might say I slayed your mom last night."

Don't worry, YWN, I got the gist.  ::) ;D

Excalibur is a manwhore.  It's okay to come in second and not cum in seconds.

Fair enough . . .  ??? . . .  ;D

Written By: jackas on 09/19/05 at 4:34 pm

Arrrrrr............it be botherin me.http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lynx/redpirate.gif

Written By: ADH13 on 09/20/05 at 12:10 am

It's locked. ::)

13 out of the 14 most recent posts didn't belong.

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/20/05 at 12:32 am

Arrrrrr............it be botherin me.http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lynx/redpirate.gif

Why am I thinking of "Dodgeball" ? LOL ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/20/05 at 9:48 am

It's locked. ::)

13 out of the 14 most recent posts didn't belong.

that's probably for the best.....that way, only PHOTOS will go there, as planned. ;)

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/05 at 10:31 am

Thanks Odyssey and Chucky for keeping it the way was intended to be.

Cat

Written By: YWN on 09/21/05 at 3:05 pm

I'm sorry, I had removed my first illegitimate post, but then I forgot about the thread rules and added another.   :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/05 at 3:08 pm

I'm sorry, I had removed my first illegitimate post, but then I forgot about the thread rules and added another.  :-\\

It is all cleaned up and locked so no one can post illegitimate posts on it.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/22/05 at 9:54 am

It is all cleaned up and locked so no one can post illegitimate posts on it.

Cat

That's good :)

Check for new replies or respond here...