inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Car Thread

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/16/05 at 6:11 pm

Just wondering...anyone wanna talk cars? I'll start:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/corvette-z06-4.JPG

The 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

7.0 liter V-8, 505 hp
0-60 in 3.6 seconds
1/4 mile in 11.7 sec @ 125 mph
Top speed 198 mph
Base price $65,800

BADDEST...CORVETTE...EVER!!!

Subject: Re: The Car Thread

Written By: gord on 09/16/05 at 6:32 pm

yes, that's one fast vette :) the glory days of the muscle car are back, the z06 vettes, 400 hp GTOs, hemi chargers, GT mustangs

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/05 at 7:23 pm

My favorites are the '55 Thunderbird and the '69 Mustang Mach I.  I also like the early 70's Cougars.

Around here, everyone is into the '64 Impala.  I don't see what the fuss is about those.  I like the Tbirds & Mustangs much better.

Written By: jackas on 09/16/05 at 7:35 pm

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/corvette-z06-4.JPG

BADDEST...CORVETTE...EVER!!!

That's an awsome car!

I'm trying to talk my husband into getting rid of his Camaro and buying one of those.  He's saying he doesn't want to get rid of his Camaro.....I think he may be ill. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/05 at 7:44 pm

I'd be too afraid to own a snazzy car like that.  I'd be constantly worrying if it gets stolen or if a scratch or dent gets put on it.

Whenever I get my first car, It's gonna be such a clunker, that I won't care who puts scratches in it  ;D

Written By: gord on 09/16/05 at 7:46 pm

Around here, everyone is into the '64 Impala. 

alot of people consider the Impala to be the 1st muscle car, it has a loyal following, too big for me though :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/16/05 at 7:55 pm

alot of people consider the Impala to be the 1st muscle car, it has a loyal following, too big for me though :)

we had an'80 Impala when i was a kid..the muscle had definitely turned to flab by then  ::) ;D

Written By: gord on 09/16/05 at 7:58 pm

we had an'80 Impala when i was a kid..the muscle had definitely turned to flab by then  ::) ;D

;Dthe 80's weren't a good time for cars ;)

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/05 at 8:00 pm

;Dthe 80's weren't a good time for cars ;)

sure they were.  What about the De Lorean  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/16/05 at 8:57 pm

OH GOD!!!  We did too....it was doublemint green....basically a box with wheels :D

pale blue over here sister  :P ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/16/05 at 11:16 pm

here's my favorite....

'57 Chevy Bel Air

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=57+chevy+bel+air/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=127c7busn/EXP=1127016878/*-http%3A//www.cars-on-line.com/7800/57belair7887-A.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=57+chevy+bel+air/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12i2a892f/EXP=1127016902/*-http%3A//images.webkrafters.com/trinity/6500/57belair6578-AA.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=57+chevy+bel+air+convertible/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1296lpqa2/EXP=1127016933/*-http%3A//www.cars-on-line.com/10400/57belair10460-D.jpg

what a sweet car!!

Erin :)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/05 at 11:24 pm

Is anyone else old enough to remember the AMC Pacer?

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/16/05 at 11:25 pm

mahaha!!yep  :-[..my neighbor's uncle had one  ;D

Written By: jackas on 09/16/05 at 11:42 pm

LOL  Those were so ugly!!!

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/17/05 at 2:09 am

I distinctively remember seeing one on the MTV show Pimp My Ride recently. Boy, that one needed pimping alright! It even came with a living rat! :o

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/17/05 at 2:42 am

The Chevrolet Monte Carlo,Tony Stewart signature edition!

Written By: Howard on 09/17/05 at 7:36 am

http://www.jaguarusa.com/us/en/vehicles/xj/overview/introduction_3D27261B-B6F0-465A-84B6-BD28B41D2643.jpg

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/17/05 at 8:07 am

Just because I'm Dutch I give you the Spyker C8 Laviolette 8) and for you speedfreaks here's also the Dauer 962 (from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.6 seconds...)

Written By: gord on 09/17/05 at 1:34 pm

oh yeah, sister car to the gremlin ;D what was AMC thinking, no suprise they're out of business :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/17/05 at 2:20 pm

oh yeah, sister car to the gremlin ;D what was AMC thinking, no suprise they're out of business :)
Pacer and Gremlin...two of the ugliest cars ever created...same with the YUGO!

Written By: gord on 09/17/05 at 3:47 pm

Pacer and Gremlin...two of the ugliest cars ever created...same with the YUGO!

and the names ;D alot of thought goes into naming a car for marketing purposes. When I think of gremlin, I think Lemon, always a problem. And pacer, I think pacemaker, old persons car ;) that's just me though :)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/17/05 at 4:04 pm

and the names ;D alot of thought goes into naming a car for marketing purposes. When I think of gremlin, I think Lemon, always a problem. And pacer, I think pacemaker, old persons car ;) that's just me though :)

That's not as bad as the Chevy Nova.  In Spanish, Nova means "no go" ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/17/05 at 4:46 pm

That's not as bad as the Chevy Nova.  In Spanish, Nova means "no go" ;D
Not quite true.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

Written By: gemini on 09/17/05 at 5:11 pm

We had a Coronet when I was a kid. We used to lay up in the back window on vacations.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/17/05 at 5:19 pm

Auburn Boattail Speedster.  I saw it at an auto museum and it is the it never fails to take my breath away

http://info.detnews.com/dn/joyrides/2001/wheels/31auburn.jpg

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/17/05 at 5:28 pm

Hey...the late Dale Earnhardt's black #3 Chevy Monte Carlo!! Yes there is one in existence on display at the DEI race shop...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/17/05 at 5:30 pm

The 50's-60's era Volkswagen Beetle!

The new Beetle is not 'all that' though...too small.

Written By: gord on 09/17/05 at 7:45 pm

Auburn Boattail Speedster.  I saw it at an auto museum and it is the it never fails to take my breath away

http://info.detnews.com/dn/joyrides/2001/wheels/31auburn.jpg

it almost looks too nice to drive, do you have a picture of the back of the car that shows the boattail? :)

Written By: gemini on 09/17/05 at 9:50 pm

My sister bought a Vega  when they first came out in the 70s because she thought it was cute
I'm sure it looked real cute sitting in the junkyard too!  :P  ::) 

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/05 at 9:56 pm

Do they still make Isetta's?  Those werer the stupidest looking cars  ;D

Written By: tv on 09/17/05 at 11:49 pm

I'm not too much into American Cars. I am a big honda and Mazda guy. Honda has been dissapointing lately though. The 03 Accord redesign left me cold. Their current Acura line looks good with the TL and RL. Mazda's pretty darn good right now. The 6, 3 and RX-8 are sharp looking cars. I have seen the new MX-5 Miata and the front looks too boxy in my view. Maybe I will get used to it though. I prefer the 99-05 Miata bodystyle to the new one and the 90-97 model. The 90-97 Miata had the pop-out headlights. In my view if not for the 1990 Miata cars like the Honda S2000 and BMW Z3/Z4 would not be around. On a sidenote Nissan is probably the hottest manufacturer in the auto industry in the past few years.

Written By: Kenlos on 09/18/05 at 1:38 am

I would love to have a chopped 1950 Mercury Coupe like the one in the picture except I would want either an all black one or a white and red one.  Also my other dream car (definitly a dream car) sports car wise is a Mercedes CLK-GTR but they are way to expensive.

http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com/sold/images/50_merc_coupe/50_merc_coupe/50_merc_coupe25.jpg

http://306tuning.free.fr/image/photos/gt/Mercedes%20CLK%20GTR.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/18/05 at 3:54 am

It's funny, because when people think of "cool" cars, Saturn is probably the last marque which comes to mind. However, next spring Saturn will introduce the "Sky" roadster, which is one of the coolest-looking GM cars I've seen in a long time, and IMO will be an instant classic. Feast your eyes:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Saturn-Sky-Roadster-SA-Sunset-1920x1440.jpg

Written By: jackas on 09/18/05 at 11:12 am

The Acura NSX has always been a cool car IMO.  Here is the newest one.

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/43595.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 09/18/05 at 4:10 pm

it almost looks too nice to drive, do you have a picture of the back of the car that shows the boattail? :)

http://www.burkeandwells.com/assets/500x375/pb_auburn_speedster_1932.jpg

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/18/05 at 4:25 pm

1967 Camaro.. Oooohh Please!

Of course.. for those of us who like power...
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/69-70/70/Lawman.jpg

The Ford Mustang Lawman..

This 1200HP Beast went through most of it's life touring for the troops until purchased by Bill Goldberg a couple of years ago.. He will give it to me!! HE WILL DAMMIT!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/18/05 at 6:11 pm

I'm not too much into American Cars. I am a big honda and Mazda guy. Honda has been dissapointing lately though. The 03 Accord redesign left me cold. Their current Acura line looks good with the TL and RL. Mazda's pretty darn good right now. The 6, 3 and RX-8 are sharp looking cars. I have seen the new MX-5 Miata and the front looks too boxy in my view. Maybe I will get used to it though. I prefer the 99-05 Miata bodystyle to the new one and the 90-97 model. The 90-97 Miata had the pop-out headlights. In my view if not for the 1990 Miata cars like the Honda S2000 and BMW Z3/Z4 would not be around. On a sidenote Nissan is probably the hottest manufacturer in the auto industry in the past few years.
I'm strictly a Chevy fan.....

Written By: gord on 09/18/05 at 7:42 pm

I'm strictly a Chevy fan.....

what were you a couple of yrs ago when Tony drove a Pontiac ;)

Written By: gord on 09/18/05 at 7:45 pm

http://www.burkeandwells.com/assets/500x375/pb_auburn_speedster_1932.jpg

there's the boattail, thanks ;)

Written By: tv on 09/18/05 at 8:53 pm

It's funny, because when people think of "cool" cars, Saturn is probably the last marque which comes to mind. However, next spring Saturn will introduce the "Sky" roadster, which is one of the coolest-looking GM cars I've seen in a long time, and IMO will be an instant classic. Feast your eyes:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Saturn-Sky-Roadster-SA-Sunset-1920x1440.jpg
Yeah the Sky will be coming out. Also the Pontiac Solstice is another hot model that GM wants to do well. Past Saturns were well built but just boring looking. Maybe Saturn could turn it around like Mazda has recently and be thought of as "cool." Subaru did the same thing with the WRX. Subie had models like the Justy in the 90's which didn't stand out at all. The only GM divsion that is getting their cool back is Cadillac.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/20/05 at 6:32 pm

what were you a couple of yrs ago when Tony drove a Pontiac ;)
hey..Pontiac IS a General Motors brand!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/20/05 at 6:34 pm

There is also a Dale Earnhardt signature Monte Carlo...done as a tribute to him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/20/05 at 6:36 pm

My ultimate car is unfortunately now being driven by Tony Stewart(and that's a good thing!)..and is a race car..not street legal..d@mn!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/20/05 at 6:40 pm

the other car of my dreams is driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr....and is also a race car...well I can always dream can't I?

Written By: gord on 09/20/05 at 6:55 pm

hey..Pontiac IS a General Motors brand!!!

yes, but its not a chevy ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/24/05 at 2:39 pm

Yeah the Sky will be coming out. Also the Pontiac Solstice is another hot model that GM wants to do well. Past Saturns were well built but just boring looking. Maybe Saturn could turn it around like Mazda has recently and be thought of as "cool." Subaru did the same thing with the WRX. Subie had models like the Justy in the 90's which didn't stand out at all. The only GM divsion that is getting their cool back is Cadillac.
I've been hearing rumors online that Chevy is working on developing an AWD Cobalt to compete directly with the Subaru WRX and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. If this is true, and GM can get this car out without watering it down somehow (which is all too often the case)...if GM actually campaigns it (with full factory support) in the World Rally Championship and it proves to be competitive against the WRX, Evo, and the various European models, then this means that perhaps there still is someone at GM who is in touch with what young people want and that there is still hope for the American auto industry.

AMERICA NEEDS A RALLY CAR!!!

Written By: gord on 09/24/05 at 3:08 pm

so true, but first America needs to show an interest in rally racing :)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/24/05 at 3:17 pm

so true, but first America needs to show an interest in rally racing :)
I think that if it was promoted better over here, there'd be a great interest in rally racing. Myself, I think rally racing is 1000 times cooler than NASCAR.

Written By: jackas on 09/24/05 at 3:20 pm

I think that if it was promoted better over here, there'd be a great interest in rally racing. Myself, I think rally racing is 1000 times cooler than NASCAR.

NASCAR is so not cool.  How interesting is it to watch a car go around and around. ::)

Written By: gord on 09/24/05 at 5:51 pm

Myself, I think rally racing is 1000 times cooler than NASCAR.

I agree, and I'll add all forms of open wheel racing, sports car and endurance racing, bike racing.

Nascar right now is king of the hill in the US, and I don't see that popularity dropping any time soon, and the old saying 'win on sunday, sell on monday' means alot to car manufactures :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/25/05 at 12:21 pm

NASCAR is so not cool. How interesting is it to watch a car go around and around. ::)
There is A LOT more to NASCAR than what you see...there's a science to building those race cars...and a LOT of things, like drafting,downforce, aero-push, pit crew strategy, going into turns EXACTLY the right way at at the right time...and it's not all 'round and round'...the tracks are OVALS or TRI-OVALS...short tracks(Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville) intermediate tracks(Chicagoland, California) flat tracks(Pocono, Dover, Indianapolis'the Brickyard')..and the 'restrictor plate' superfast tracks such as Daytona and Talladega..and oh yeah TWO road course tracks, Infineon and Watkins Glen.

You would also find the Indianapolis 500 boring also..it's probably just 'round and round' to you..and dirt track racing like USAC would bore you too.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/25/05 at 12:27 pm

There is A LOT more to NASCAR than what you see...there's a science to building those race cars...and a LOT of things, like drafting,downforce, aero-push, pit crew strategy, going into turns EXACTLY the right way at at the right time...and it's not all 'round and round'...the tracks are OVALS or TRI-OVALS...short tracks(Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville) intermediate tracks(Chicagoland, California) flat tracks(Pocono, Dover, Indianapolis'the Brickyard')..and the 'restrictor plate' superfast tracks such as Daytona and Talladega..and oh yeah TWO road course tracks, Infineon and Watkins Glen.

You would also find the Indianapolis 500 boring also..it's probably just 'round and round' to you..and dirt track racing like USAC would bore you too.
And the NASCAR Busch Series actually had a road-course race outside of the US this season...Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico....And yes the NASCAR guys do a lot of other types of racing on their off-time...even in other countries...Tony Stewart has even raced Down Under, dirt racing.

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 1:04 pm

I've been hearing rumors online that Chevy is working on developing an AWD Cobalt to compete directly with the Subaru WRX and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. If this is true, and GM can get this car out without watering it down somehow (which is all too often the case)...if GM actually campaigns it (with full factory support) in the World Rally Championship and it proves to be competitive against the WRX, Evo, and the various European models, then this means that perhaps there still is someone at GM who is in touch with what young people want and that there is still hope for the American auto industry.

Well they are already have the Cobalt SS as their enthusiast model.

Written By: gord on 09/25/05 at 1:30 pm

Well they are already have the Cobalt SS as their enthusiast model.

I hear it's a fast little car but it's far from being a rally car, the rumours that La Sine Pesroh are refering to are whether GM is going to go into the world rally championship with a factory team and then market a street version of the race car, rally racing is huge in some parts of the world such as scandanavia and europe, it just never caught on in North America though. I hope GM dives right in :)

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 1:50 pm

I hear it's a fast little car but it's far from being a rally car, the rumours that La Sine Pesroh are refering to are whether GM is going to go into the world rally championship with a factory team and then market a street version of the race car, rally racing is huge in some parts of the world such as scandanavia and europe, it just never caught on in North America though. I hope GM dives right in :)
What GM needs is a standout mid-size car. The Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and Nissan Altima are killing General Motors in that area. The Pontiac G6 which was supposed to be their import killer had lukewarm reviews by car mags. The 2000 Impala did ok for awhile but as soon as the the Japanese designed all their mid-size vehicles it was like yesterday's news. The newer Impala really doesn't stick out that that much to me.

Written By: jackas on 09/25/05 at 2:18 pm

Regardless of what you just said, I still think that NASCAR is boring.  Everything you just wrote means that it would be interesting to drive in NASCAR.  None of those things make NASCAR more intersting to watch.  Oh, and you may want to go back and read my post over because I didn't say the cars go around in circles.  Just because the tracks are oval or tri-oval does not mean the the cars don't go around the track over and over and over and over and over and over.  Around doesn't just mean going in a circle.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/25/05 at 2:31 pm

Regardless of what you just said, I still think that NASCAR is boring.  Everything you just wrote means that it would be interesting to drive in NASCAR.  None of those things make NASCAR more intersting to watch.  Oh, and you may want to go back and read my post over because I didn't say the cars go around in circles.  Just because the tracks are oval or tri-oval does not mean the the cars don't go around the track over and over and over and over and over and over.  Around doesn't just mean going in a circle.
Well I guess we differ about NASCAR...I'll just agree to disagree. Other types of racing bore me to tears. All the soooo-PC team order stuff in Formula One, road rallies, stuff like that is not my cup of Java...I love three-wide, drafting, beatin' and bangin', short-track mayhem, avoiding TBO(The Big One),pushing a teammate to the front of the pack with a nudge of the bumper..giving him a win..that's racing to me. That's what rocks my (sports) world.
Of course this is coming from a MAJOR Dale Earnhardt Sr(RIP) fan...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/25/05 at 2:37 pm

I agree, and I'll add all forms of open wheel racing, sports car and endurance racing, bike racing.

Nascar right now is king of the hill in the US, and I don't see that popularity dropping any time soon, and the old saying 'win on sunday, sell on monday' means alot to car manufactures :)
I love NASCAR. That will NEVER EVER change. Yes I've seen other types of racing, but IMO NASCAR beats 'em all. And I stated my reasons in another post.

Written By: gord on 09/25/05 at 5:52 pm

What GM needs is a standout mid-size car. The Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and Nissan Altima are killing General Motors in that area. The Pontiac G6 which was supposed to be their import killer had lukewarm reviews by car mags. The 2000 Impala did ok for awhile but as soon as the the Japanese designed all their mid-size vehicles it was like yesterday's news. The newer Impala really doesn't stick out that that much to me.

I think GMs biggest mistake recently is ending production of the camaros and firebirds, it looks like they are going to build a retro styled camaro for 07, I haven't heard much about it lately but that was the last I heard. They really missed the boat on this one, mustangs are selling like hotcakes and now they have to play catch-up :)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/25/05 at 8:04 pm

I think GMs biggest mistake recently is ending production of the camaros and firebirds, it looks like they are going to build a retro styled camaro for 07, I haven't heard much about it lately but that was the last I heard. They really missed the boat on this one, mustangs are selling like hotcakes and now they have to play catch-up :)
What about the new Dodge Charger...it looks horrible in my opinion, does no justice to the ORIGINAL Dodge Charger....What was DaimlerChrysler thinking!!

I loved the original Camaro, a couple guys I went to high school with had 'em.

Written By: gord on 09/25/05 at 8:59 pm

What about the new Dodge Charger...it looks horrible in my opinion, does no justice to the ORIGINAL Dodge Charger....What was DaimlerChrysler thinking!!

I agree about the new charger, and if you the liked the 67-69 camaros you should like the new one, if it happens :)

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 11:01 pm

I like the new Charger..not something I would buy but at least it looks distinctive without being ugly. I don;t care for the styling of the Chrysler 300.

Written By: jackas on 09/25/05 at 11:21 pm

I like the new Charger..not something I would buy but at least it looks distinctive without being ugly. I don;t care for the styling of the Chrysler 300.

I don't think the Charger is bad looking either.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:39 am

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/03/93/88/cv-grisetblancjr.jpg

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:46 am

I took quite a few other photos at the auto show, but I didn't feel that they were appropriate for the "Show Us What You Look Like" thread because, well, I wasn't in them. Not to mention that I didn't mean for that thread to get too far off topic so I dug around and dusted off this old dinosaur. And so, without further ado, here's the rest of my pics from the 2006 Greater Kansas City International Auto Show:

Another view of the Camaro concept:

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:49 am

Interior shot of the Camaro concept. It came out kind of dark, I know, but one thing I thought was cool about it was the gauge cluster on the center console.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:51 am

Chevrolet Kodiak pickup. My friend is standing beside it to give reference to its size. The thing's almost as big as a semi.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:52 am

Ford GT.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:53 am

2007 Saturn Aura. If the build quality holds up on the production models, this could be a geniune import fighter.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:55 am

Prototype (?) for a law enforcement version of the Dodge Charger.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:57 am

2007 Saturn Sky roadster. Similar to the Ponitac Solstice, but I think it looks a little better.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:58 am

Front view of the Saturn Sky.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 12:59 am

Saleen Mustang. This car was totally badass.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:02 am

Closeup view of badge on front quarter-panel of the Saleen Mustang. I thought it was interesting how the engine displacement was shown in cubic inches (like back in the day) instead of in liters, as pretty much all of today's cars are.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:05 am

Front view of the Saleen Mustang. I don't know what modifications all were done to the engine and chassis, but I thought the aftermarket body panels looked great on the new Mustang.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:06 am

Ford SVT Lightning pickup. I also thought this was cool.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:07 am

Hummer H3 pickup. Not sure if this was a prototype or a production model, but I liked it.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:09 am

Suzuki Dune concept.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:10 am

Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Basically a street-legal rally car.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:16 am

Of all the vehicles I saw at the auto show, this was the one I was most interested in. This is the Jeep Gladiator concept, which is a pickup built on the Wrangler platform (and similar to the CJ-8 Scrambler built back in the 1980's). I thought it looked a lot like an old Willys pickup.
    I asked the dealer rep from Jeep if they're going to put this into production, and he said he's pretty sure they will. He said that this concept has generated a lot of interest from potential buyers, and I told him that I would seriously consider buying one myself if Jeep decides to go ahead with it.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:16 am

Rear view of the Jeep Gladiator concept.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:19 am

That's all I have, and I hope you enjoyed them.  ;)

Written By: rich1981 on 03/11/06 at 1:23 am

Awesome pics  ;), I went to the San Diego International Auto Show in January but am too lazy to post the pictures I took yet. Of them I have taken photos of the Dodge Viper Hennessey, Chevy Corvette, Ford GT, Hummers (H1 & H2), and loads of vintage models from the 80's and earlier.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/11/06 at 1:29 am

Awesome pics  ;), I went to the San Diego International Auto Show in January but am too lazy to post the pictures I took yet. Of them I have taken photos of the Dodge Viper Hennessey, Chevy Corvette, Ford GT, Hummers (H1 & H2), and loads of vintage models from the 80's and earlier.
Thanks, man! Looking forward to seeing your photos. (Please tell me they had the Dodge Challenger concept there and that you got some pictures of it! ;))

Written By: danootaandme on 03/11/06 at 6:50 am

and loads of vintage models from the 80's and earlier.

whoops, vintage?  80's !  Sometimes my age just creeps up on me. 

Check for new replies or respond here...