inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Had a wreck..

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/17/05 at 10:40 am

I was in a wreck yesterday. I was driving, my uncle was riding with me(we were in my aunt's car) and we were coming down a country road and around a large curve. Well it had been raining and was wet, and as we came around the curve this little sporty looking black car came around the curve and faded into our lane. So I veered to the right to get out of it's path, and when I got off the road I lost control of the car because of the mud, I think. We went down the side of the road into a ditch and hit 3 driveways(raised, across the ditch).Then we slid across the road and hit a tree on the other side.

The paramedics came, and took our blood pressure. They asked us where we felt pain, and if we wanted to come to the hospital. Being the way we are about these things; we declined. So we went home. He layed down, because he couldnt even really walk. Well we both took aspirins and muscle relaxers, hot showers, and put a lot of icyhot on. I went to bed. I woke up a few hours later and my aunt said she had called the ambulance, to take my uncle to the hospital. I went in their bedroom, and he was layed stomach down on the bed crying. I mean bawling. Yelling, and moaning. I had never seen the man in anywhere near that state.

I couldn't take it. I ran back to my room and cried because I felt so guilty. The ambulance arrived a few minutes later, and I came out and watched them load him up, to take him to the ER. My aunt followed and I stayed at the house. Well I noticed my back was really starting to hurt a lot worse, so I called my older brother to come out and give me a ride to the hospital. I got there, and they x-rayed me and said I was fine; just strained back muscles. They gave me a prescription for some vicadin, a pain shot there, and sent me on my way.

I went to my uncle's room, and found out he had broke his back. Its not broke in half, but it has a serious crack. So they kept him, and I came home. I don't know how long he is going to be there, and he is our source of income. He may have to have surgery, which will be very expensive. Or they might decide a brace is enough.

At least, the car wasn't totalled. It needs new struts, new power steering, the windshield needs repair, the right fender, and the hood was bent a little too. But overall, it was in good shape.

Subject: Re: Had a wreck..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/05 at 10:57 am

Sorry to hear this, Alex. I hope that you and your uncle will be ok. You are in my thoughts.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 09/17/05 at 11:00 am

I am sorry to hear of your accident, Alex. I wish you and your uncle well - get well soon.  ;)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/17/05 at 11:35 am

Sorry that happen to you and your uncle. I hope you both heal real soon. My thoughts are with you ((((HUGS)))

Written By: ADH13 on 09/17/05 at 11:41 am

I wish you both the best, Alex. :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 09/17/05 at 1:16 pm

This is awful.  People in accidents usually don't know how hurt they are until hours later because they
are in shock.  There isn't any need to feel guilty, this stuff happens all the time, just have to get on with
it don't be afraid to ask for help from anywhere you can get it.

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/17/05 at 1:21 pm

Alex,i'm sorry to hear of what you went through and are going through;be thankful that things weren't any worse  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/17/05 at 4:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you had an accident, Alex.  Hopefully your uncle will recover quickly and you will both be back to normal soon.  :)

Written By: gemini on 09/17/05 at 5:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, Alex. My brother did the same thing after an accident. He got up and walked around right after it happened, all the time his back was broken also. He has since made a full recovery which I'm sure will be the case with your uncle. I wish him a speedy recovery.  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/17/05 at 6:48 pm

Wow, man--I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you and your uncle recover very quickly.

Beth

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/05 at 8:08 pm

I hope you and your uncle will be ok.  You are in my thoughts

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/17/05 at 9:25 pm

That's too bad Alex, but think of it as this way... When you get in a crash, it reduces your chances of it happening again.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/17/05 at 10:46 pm

I hope you and your uncle heal quickly....so sorry to hear about your accident.

Erin :)

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/19/05 at 12:37 pm

YIKES!  :-\\
I hope you both feel better soon. I said a prayer for both of you. I hate accidents. I've been in SEVERAL myself. ( Never been at fault, though)

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/05 at 12:39 pm

That's too bad Alex, but think of it as this way... When you get in a crash, it reduces your chances of it happening again.

Not if you're the passenger.  ::)

Written By: Paul on 09/19/05 at 1:23 pm

At least, the car wasn't totalled. It needs new struts, new power steering, the windshield needs repair, the right fender, and the hood was bent a little too. But overall, it was in good shape.

Alex...the state of the vehicle should be the least of your worries...

You can always obtain another vehicle...you can't do that with a life...

Just as long as you and your uncle are okay - I wish you both a speedy recovery...

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/05 at 1:25 pm

A very good point indeed, Paul.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/19/05 at 7:59 pm

I am so sorry to hear the news about you and your uncle. I have been in a few accidents similar to that, but nothing that caused an injury as serious as a broken back. I really hope the best for your Uncle. And for you, too.

Written By: ElDuderino on 09/19/05 at 10:14 pm

Just as long as you and your uncle are okay - I wish you both a speedy recovery...

No, it is an important worry, Paul. My uncle is self-employed as a contractor. MUCH of his job is driving around getting work, going on leads, buying supplies to take to the job, etc. His/my aunt's car(they share one) only has liability insurance. If the car had been totalled, we'd be ruined financially.

My aunt is unemployed; she was laid off from her job of 13 years in July with little notice. Neither of them have any kind of health insurance.

To be honest; I am not so sure that we aren't going to be financially ruined WITHOUT the car being totalled.

Check for new replies or respond here...