inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who am I?

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/23/05 at 12:18 am

Just something I thought of while reading the Funniest/Oddest/Oldest etc. Members threads.
I hardly ever get mentioned there, which made me think:

Who am I? or  What am I?

Can you think of anything?  ::) Any suggestions are welcomed. 8)

Subject: Re: Who am I?

Written By: ADH13 on 09/23/05 at 12:22 am

Just something I thought of while reading the Funniest/Oddest/Oldest etc. Members threads.
I hardly ever get mentioned there, which made me think:

Who am I? or  What am I?

Can you think of anything?  ::) Any suggestions are welcomed. 8)

Well... I don't know you well enough to really say anything about your personality.. but you seem like a fun and nice person!!  And you are very good at the quizzes! :)

Written By: jackas on 09/23/05 at 12:28 am

You seem.....quiet.  If that makes sense.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/23/05 at 12:35 am

you are a cool chap...I don't really know you well...but my sis Beth says that you ROCK!!

Erin :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/23/05 at 12:37 am

A friendly 38 y.o. Dutchman with a really good knowledge of particularly 70s music  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/23/05 at 1:22 am

'Sup Dawg,

I think you're a really awesome guy! However, you are quiet..and it'd be really cool to get to know you better. I always thought you were really nice, from your posts.

you are a cool chap...I don't really know you well...but my sis Beth says that you ROCK!!

Erin :)

'Tis true!  :)

Beth

Written By: mandamoo on 09/23/05 at 5:36 am

A friendly 38 y.o. Dutchman with a really good knowledge of particularly 70s music :)

That's what I would've said too  :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/23/05 at 10:43 am

A friendly 38 y.o. Dutchman with a really good knowledge of particularly 70s music  :)

Strange - I'd have gone for 80s myself... ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/23/05 at 3:35 pm

I hardly know you.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/23/05 at 4:16 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their input so far. I was trying to get more playful responses, however. :-\\

But then, it all makes sense: I hardly post any personal stuff on this board, so I'm not giving you any opportunity of getting to know me. Going by the things I have posted, you probably think I'm introvert, serious minded, slightly melancholic, thoughtful, taciturn and suffering from low self esteem/self confidence. Thing is - you're right.

I wish to God I was more outspoken and dared to boldly go where no man had gone before. (I don't have to change the world or something, just to change my own world would be great). I wish I dared to jump in with both feet, regardless the consequences. I wish it wouldn't take me so long to type this reply - I'm considering every word I type!
And I wish my knowledge of the English language wasn't this limited: it's keeping me from being spontaneous altogether PLUS I'm always missing out on jokes/puns. >:(

This having said, I hope I can be a "voice wise yet stammering" to all of you, as somebody (dunno who) once wrote.

Thank you again.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/23/05 at 4:45 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their input so far. I was trying to get more playful responses, however. :-\\

But then, it all makes sense: I hardly post any personal stuff on this board, so I'm not giving you any opportunity of getting to know me. Going by the things I have posted, you probably think I'm introvert, serious minded, slightly melancholic, thoughtful, taciturn and suffering from low self esteem/self confidence. Thing is - you're right.

I wish to God I was more outspoken and dared to boldly go where no man had gone before. (I don't have to change the world or something, just to change my own world would be great). I wish I dared to jump in with both feet, regardless the consequences. I wish it wouldn't take me so long to type this reply - I'm considering every word I type!
And I wish my knowledge of the English language wasn't this limited: it's keeping me from being spontaneous altogether PLUS I'm always missing out on jokes/puns. >:(

This having said, I hope I can be a "voice wise yet stammering" to all of you, as somebody (dunno who) once wrote.

Thank you again.

:\'( That made me want to give you the biggest darn hug this side of the Mississippi, Henk.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Huggggg))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Beth

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/23/05 at 5:07 pm

Well, as Beth puts it, you're a lurker... (Well, she didn't call you that, but she made up the term)... someone who likes to sit back and read all the posts instead of getting in on them (I think), but that's not really bad.

So, you might win the Lurkiest Member contest...

and this got me wondering... WHERE AM I???

Written By: jackas on 09/23/05 at 6:36 pm

I know how you feel here.  Many times I type out a response and then stare at it for a few minutes trying to decide whether or not I really want to post it, only to end up deleting it.  I hold back on at lot of what I really want to say. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/23/05 at 7:03 pm

Your Faulty Dog!  ::)  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/23/05 at 8:57 pm

I know how you feel here.  Many times I type out a response and then stare at it for a few minutes trying to decide whether or not I really want to post it, only to end up deleting it.  I hold back on at lot of what I really want to say. 

Hmmm  :)  Well, firstly, my initial reply about 70s music was based on the stuff I see you answering in quizzes  :)  I am sure I have seen you writing stuff about a number of 70s Dutch bands, which I can relate to, they were all big in Australia when their stuff was released here.

To both Henk and Jacks : Whether or not it may seem like it, I am the same way, there is a lot I don't say on here.  Henk, I too am introverted, painfully at times.  I also check my posts a lot before they appear, it is just part of my nature, I don't want to annoy anyone, I come here for fun (in the main).

In regard to Jacks' comment : Well, ya know, not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.  Personally I have problems with the "post and damn the torpedoes" approach, because if we were all like that, I think the place would descend rapidly into a place where it wasn't very pleasant.  So i guess I am saying, like you, I understand the desire to be something different, but don't undervalue your own approaches in the process.  They provide an important balance  ;)

Written By: jackas on 09/23/05 at 9:14 pm

Hmmm  :)  Well, firstly, my initial reply about 70s music was based on the stuff I see you answering in quizzes  :)  I am sure I have seen you writing stuff about a number of 70s Dutch bands, which I can relate to, they were all big in Australia when their stuff was released here.

To both Henk and Jacks : Whether or not it may seem like it, I am the same way, there is a lot I don't say on here.  Henk, I too am introverted, painfully at times.  I also check my posts a lot before they appear, it is just part of my nature, I don't want to annoy anyone, I come here for fun (in the main).

In regard to Jacks' comment : Well, ya know, not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.  Personally I have problems with the "post and damn the torpedoes" approach, because if we were all like that, I think the place would descend rapidly into a place where it wasn't very pleasant.  So i guess I am saying, like you, I understand the desire to be something different, but don't undervalue your own approaches in the process.  They provide an important balance  ;)

Thanks Fuss. :)

I agree with you.  I think that's why it takes me so long to decide if I want to post a comment or not.  I don't mind being different or edgy, but I don't want to do it so often that I constantly offend everyone or make myself look like a total jerk. 

Now of couse I am a total jerk, but not everyone needs to know that. ;) ;D

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/24/05 at 12:36 am

Your Faulty Dog!  ::)  ;D

Thanks for reminding me! ;)

Written By: mandamoo on 09/24/05 at 12:37 am

Thank you again.

You are welcome, Henk  :)

I am much the same as you. I rarely post about personal stuff and it takes a long time for me to open up to people, if at all, which often makes me wonder why I'm a member of a messageboard, to be honest  ;D

Nothing wrong with thinking before engaging mouth either - or in this instance, fingers ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/24/05 at 12:49 am

So THAT explains why I hit Who's Online and it says you're posting in some thread.. but then no new post appears!! :o

Written By: jackas on 09/24/05 at 12:51 am

So THAT explains why I hit Who's Online and it says you're posting in some thread.. but then no new post appears!! :o

LOL  I do it all the time. ;D 

Other times I start to write out a big ole paragraph and then realize that I don't have the energy to continue to explain my point and then I delete the whole thing. :P

Written By: ADH13 on 09/24/05 at 12:53 am

LOL  I do it all the time. ;D 

Other times I start to write out a big ole paragraph and then realize that I don't have the energy to continue to explain my point and then I delete the whole thing. :P

I do that when I realize I'm way off topic, or have accidentally changed the subject. :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/24/05 at 10:32 am

I usually post it when I do that, and end up paying for it! ... I'm debating on whether I should post this or not.

Written By: jackas on 09/24/05 at 2:02 pm

I usually post it when I do that, and end up paying for it! ... I'm debating on whether I should post this or not.

;D ;D

I'm glad you did! ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/05 at 5:53 pm

Who Am I and Where am I? ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...