inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you ever get carded?

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/05 at 11:10 pm

For those of you who are legally allowed to buy lotto tickets, beer, smokes, etc ... do you sometimes get asked to show I.D.?

I'm 27, and I often have to show I.D. when I buy lotto tickets.  Apparently I do not look over 18  :(

Subject: Re: Do you ever get carded?

Written By: ADH13 on 09/25/05 at 11:12 pm

No, I go to the same places all the time so the people know me already.

I don't think I'd get carded anyway though.. I'm 33 and have some gray hair already.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/25/05 at 11:12 pm

No.  I'm way too old for that to happen.   :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/05 at 11:26 pm

Last year, I got carded at Blockbuster Video while trying to purchase the DVD of The Ladykillers, a movie that is rated 14A (which is the Canadian equivalent of PG-13).  I know it's a good thing to be mistaken for a younger age, but a 13 year difference?  That was the biggest slap in the face I ever got  :\'(

I need to grow a thick beard so I won't ever get carded again  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 09/25/05 at 11:31 pm

I have always looked older than my age, Whistle.  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/25/05 at 11:36 pm

this summer on the way into a bar with a group of younger girlfriends the bouncer was like 'ID's ladies'..of course i didn't make a move..my 26-yr old friend was like 'Maria get out your id!'....i said i'm pretty sure he's not gonna need to see mine  ;)

Written By: Tam on 09/25/05 at 11:37 pm

I'm 34 and get carded all the time....

On post we have to show our ID no matter what!! ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 09/25/05 at 11:39 pm

On the few occasions that I go somewhere and don't bring my drivers license.. I am always thinking that will be the one time I will get carded.

Written By: Paul on 09/26/05 at 7:03 am

No...even when I was 16, I was never refused service or ordered out of a pub for being 'under age'...

Probably shows you how old I looked for my age...charming!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/05 at 7:06 am

For those of you who are legally allowed to buy lotto tickets, beer, smokes, etc ... do you sometimes get asked to show I.D.?

I'm 27, and I often have to show I.D. when I buy lotto tickets.  Apparently I do not look over 18  :(
Grow a bread, then your appearance will be older.

Written By: Paul on 09/26/05 at 7:08 am

Grow a bread, then your appearance will be older.

...with a matching 'French stick' moustache...!!

Written By: Bobby on 09/26/05 at 7:16 am

...with a matching 'French stick' moustache...!!

Ha ha!  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/26/05 at 7:56 am

I look about 16, so yes... indeed.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/26/05 at 8:26 am

Well, I don't smoke and hardly drink (I'm tame in that regard I guess, lol), but when I've bought 'em for my friends and it's a store where they don't know me, I usually do get carded.

Soon after I turned 18 it semi bugged me, but I don't mind anymore. In fact, the older I get, the more I think it's kinda cool - I'd love to still have the "Michael J Fox curse" when I'm over 30!

this summer on the way into a bar with a group of younger girlfriends the bouncer was like 'ID's ladies'..of course i didn't make a move..my 26-yr old friend was like 'Maria get out your id!'....i said i'm pretty sure he's not gonna need to see mine  ;)

Sorry if this is a silly question, but is your avatar a pic of yourself? If so, I'd guess you to be around anywhere from 22-27.

You said your "younger" friend was 26, so you do look young for your age IMO. ;)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/26/05 at 9:18 am

Depends on where I'm going. Most of the places I frequent , know me already. I actually get annoyed when I do get carded. Like I want to dig in my purse infront of strangers to pull out my wallet. ::)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/26/05 at 9:23 am

And, if you're like 90% of the population, I'm sure you LOVE the pic on your ID ;)

Yep. Thats the last thing I want to see staring at me.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/26/05 at 10:13 am

Sometimes I do get carded. I am nearing 29 years of age....but people tell me that I could pass for someone just barely 20! LOL!  Sometimes when I go and buy snuff (chewing tobacco) for my husband they actually card me!!! LOL!  It is really annoying to have to get my ID out.  I hardly ever drink...but on the occasion when I have one or two...I usually never get carded...it's only usually when I am buying snuff for Chris...go figure? ::)

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/05 at 10:55 am

Haven't been carded in a long time (except at the airport  ::) ).  One time Carlos was carded for paying with cash-for ORANGE JUICE??  :o

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/26/05 at 10:57 am

Haven't been carded in a long time (except at the airport  ::) ).  One time Carlos was carded for paying with cash-for ORANGE JUICE??  :o

Cat

OMG...that nuts!! :D

Written By: karen on 09/26/05 at 11:02 am

Never have since becoming old enough to drink/smoke whatever and only twice did before that.  One time my hair was up in bunches and it was at a holiday camp disco mainly aimed at the 14-16 crowd.  the other time it was at a pub which nearly lost its licence for underage drinkers.  I actually would have been allowed in by the doorman (I had carefully worked out what my date of birth should be) but my friend panicked and got herself all muddled up.  At the time we didn't have prove your age cards in this country.  Now there is a voluntary system you can register with.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/26/05 at 11:38 am

When ever I'm with one of my firends , we both get carded. I guess her squeaky voice makes them think we are kids  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/05 at 12:16 pm

Cat

Holy what was in that Orange Juice  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/05 at 12:31 pm

OMG...that nuts!! :D

Holy what was in that Orange Juice :o

It was one of those airheads that didn't have any idea what she was doing. I guess she had never seen cash before and asked to see his I.D. I think she was wearing shoulder pads with her head going back and forth, saying, "I don' know"  ::)

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/26/05 at 12:38 pm

I think I was carded up until the time I was about 28. 

Written By: Southern Image on 09/26/05 at 5:28 pm

I don't order drinks when I go out. So I never have to use it.

Written By: Howard on 09/26/05 at 6:05 pm

I don't get carded anymore probably cause they don't ask me.I'm 31 and I don't need to get carded. ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/26/05 at 6:19 pm

It's actually law here that if you look under 25, you must be I.D'ed.

I find the larger chain stores ask for ID everytime, where-as bars, restaurants and liquor stores, hardly ever.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/05 at 6:30 pm

And her bleached blonde hair up in a ponytail on top of her head (with a scrunchy, of course) ? ;D

You get the picture.  ;)

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/05 at 6:38 pm

when I was in college, I didn't have a driver's license.  All I had was a student ID card with my DOB on it.  One night, I was trying to get into a club, but apparently the big dumb bouncer doesn't know how to add a date of birth with today's year.  I had to do the math for him until he finally agreed to let me in  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/05 at 6:49 am

In 12 years time it will the reverse for me, proving that I am 60!

Written By: Howard on 09/27/05 at 3:49 pm

Once I went into Atlantic City and they looked at me cause at the time I had facial hair and they said to just go in.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/27/05 at 4:09 pm

I was carded on my 30th birthday and was so excited I let everyone know.  The clerk tried to apologize,
as if there was anything to apologize for!  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/06 at 11:19 pm

I was buying Chris some Copenhagen chew tonight...and the girl totally carded me...after looking at my ID and seeing that I am 29 years old...she was like, "OMG...I am SO sorry, I feel bad now"...I was like, "eh, no worries, I know by now to bring my ID with me". :D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 11:22 pm

I still get carded whenever I buy Lotto Tickets.  One time, this lady accused me of forging my ID to make it look like I am older than I am.  She said that I have a baby face, and there's no way I could possibly be 28 years old  :\'(  >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/06 at 11:56 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 11:58 pm

I'll be 24 in June, so I've been drinking for only 3 years, but in the times that I've gone out, I have never been been carded.  I always thought it was funny.  On my 21st birthday, when I ordered my very first drink, the bartender didn't ask to see my ID. 

Check for new replies or respond here...